Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

T. Reich

Arcane
unknown-17.png

"Crafted this bad boy on my lunch break, talk about lucky".

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
I don't remember that. Are you sure he meant it in earnest and not in jest?

Timestamped embed, 27:10.

Thanks!

Delays can probably still happen, but they might also never announce the date until it is set in stone. Maybe they got wind of the D4 2023 announcement beforehand and want to attack it or they simply gave themselves a deadline for project management purposes.

Fast food like Mcdonalds is also popular, that doesn't mean that its a high quality product.
But in this analogy PoE is the highest quality product compared to all other contenders in the genre. It is the most bang for buck, satiating and nutritious meal. The 5 Guys of ARPGs.

Yes, it would be more fun if you could find more upgrades from the floor. Maybe Smart Loot will change that.
great job at removing the niche of many unique items, which actually were popular and widely used, but then their mods got added to an influence pool instead of being unique to an item and now why would you use that item to begin with when you can just craft a rare that does the same thing better.
Weren't rares supposed to be the BiS for every slot anyway? Not sure which niche uniques you're talking about or why it is even so bad. IMO there are still plenty of desirable uniques that enable unique playstyles in the game. Fuck, Ben_/Darkee/Lightee made 5 of them for this league (and nobody likes them).

I have nothing against min maxing, so do not put words in my mouth, I simply said that I have no interest in doing it personally.
I wasn't putting any words in your mouth. I was asking whether or not you like min-maxing, not stating that you have something against it. That is what my sentence (with a question mark at the end of it) was meant to do.
What I do have an issue with is gear progression being as rapid as it is now.
I have no idea how quick the gear progression in SC Trade was last league compared to this, so you'd have to educate me on it. My impression was that everybody was doing 2-3 upgrades per slot during the entire league at most anyway.

Completely irrelevant, see my comment about popularity and Mcdonalds. Games are developed for specific demographics. When PoE was first made available to play, that demographic allegedly was me. Someone who wanted some hardcore action RPG with lots of character customization etc. The game has been moving further and further away from that with each upgrade and as it is now it is almost a mobile clicker game in terms of how it plays.
PoE isn't the McD in your analogy. That would be Lost Ark. In fact PoE tried going more hardcore this league and also in 3.15. I'm not sure anyone actually liked that. Did you like those changes during their initial hit? What kind of hardcore are we talking about here. Because if you compare PoE to 90% of all popular games right now, I would say it's pretty fucking hardcore. You can even make it more hardcore on yourself, if you really need that for your personal enjoyment. Why does everybody else has to get nerfed though?

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I would be very surprised if GGG decided to keep them, for the very simple reason that they bypass mod weightings on items entirely. GGG is very peculiar about the kind of abuses they allow inflicted on the itemization system and this is abuse of the highest order, even more so than what I understand Harvest used to be (I didn't play during Harvest's heyday).
Recombinators are basically the opposite of Harvest in this regard. Harvest was the league that taught a lot of people about item weightings and crafting tags. It was also what made GGG realize that the lack of tags shown ingame was something they needed to rectify, which is why they added the tags to the information shown in advanced tooltips. They also put up more restrictions on crafting post-harvest, in particular when it comes to synthesized and influenced items.

Recombinators not only ignore item weightings, but they also ignore previously implemented hard-locks for item progression - i.e. fracture mods or mirrored items being final steps that you could no longer interact with in any way. The fact you can recombine items whose base-types had massive limitations put on them through any other crafting method adds to this clusterfuck even more.

It also creates issues for crafters because any item you create can be mirrored and then recombined to potentially make your mirrored item obsolete. It comes at a high cost, of course, but there have already been cases of people putting up their items for mirror service only for people to recombine the mirrored item and improve it further, while ignoring a fuckload of the initial crafting cost.

Whoever thought putting recombinators into the game like this without any crafting limitations or circumventing pre-existing ones, fucked up big time.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Because with that number most Uber bosses still live a good minute or two? I thought as an expert player with expert opinions you would know that. My bad.
I'm not an expert on uber bosses or min-maxed trade builds. I just don't understand your logic. You said that players shouldn't be able to trivialize the top end content so quickly, but you also show me your 500ex character that you farmed in week 1(2?) which also trivializes the encounter. You face-tank multiple of his abilities and kill him so fast, that he doesn't get to do much. Why even make another character that can face-tank more (but also not everything)?
Because if some idiot is willing to spend their hard earned cash on easily earned currency, it'd be retarded to not benefit from that. I have no problem with people boosting or selling services, whether it is for ingame currency or real one. I have a problem with the people buying these services, not the ones selling them.
9.5/10 for your mental gymnastics excusing RMT-ers. Are you one yourself?

No. Prove it. Oh wait, you think a 500ex character is proof that you don't need recombinator gear to kill everything in the game? No fucking shit, Sherlock.

This is you -> "I hate how recombinators are making gear progression so quick and trivialize the top end content."
But also you -> "I farmed a 500ex build with multiple BiS items (which are uniques) in week 1 without using any recombinator gear and (almost) trivialized the top end content anyway."

What would even be the point of removing recombinators, if you're just going to do this next league again without them anyway?

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
No. Prove it. Oh wait, you think a 500ex character is proof that you don't need recombinator gear to kill everything in the game? No fucking shit, Sherlock.
Dear god you're the most clueless and biggest fucking trashcan at this game that I've seen on the codex so far. You thrust your fingers into your ears to shout "LALALALA" so fucking hard you must've pierced your brain. Please explain to me how a build that only needs jewels and uniques is an example of needing recombinators? This exact build was possible last league. This exact gear (and much better ones) were possible last league.

Just because you're so fucking bad at this game that you cannot afford simple uniques, doesn't mean it wasnt possible or somehow invalidates my argument (and mageblood isn't even required in this build either, cause I know you're gonna have an autistic fit about that too). I say you could've killed the new uber content without recombinators, I link a build that does not use recombined gear whatsoever, and you're still sperging out like the autistic little reddit whiner that you are. Just shut the fuck up already, learn how to fucking read, stop putting words into peoples mouths like you've been doing all over this thread every single page since you appeared in here.

If you wanna kill the hardest content on a budget or on your shitty single t1 mod rares, go play some fucking casual game that is designed for autistic spergs like you, cause PoE ain't it. If you want top-tier rares to just fall from the sky thanks to some broken-ass new crafting mechanic that goes against *everything* GGG has said about how they want crafting and gear acquisition to work, expect to be told that you're a fucking moron and you're the reason the game has turned to shit you entitled mongrel. If you wanna play a game that rewards effort, experience and game knowledge you can come back, but so far you've shown that you're utterly incapable of putting any of this into your gameplay, your knowledge, or your conversational skills.

Arakaalis has been a broken build for killing bosses for a long-ass time now, and it's a cheap as fuck build to make. Yes, a properly optimized build that kills bosses within a minute is gonna cost a fortune. That's the entire fucking point of the game. But you can kill and clear the Uber content on a much cheaper budget. You don't need mageblood. You don't need a squire. You can just play an Aegis Aurora Arakaali build instead which isn't even that expensive and then you improve your build from there. You can kill Uber bosses on a 20-30ex budget, some builds will cost you less than that. Well, you can't, but people with game knowledge and experience can. Because the game gets easier not only by acquiring new gear, but also by playing better, being able to understand boss patterns and moving and positioning yourself in a way that minimizes the damage you take. That's why actually good players can kill Uber Elder with a lvl 30 character, or why people can kill Shaper with CI+Eldritch Battery allocated.

New crafting methods are like crutches. Mentally handicapped people like yourself will probably need them to be able to do some of the harder content in the game. But they're not required, and I for one don't like that the game I used to love seems to be designed more and more for the intellectual cripples, casuals and people who think that they're entitled to killing the toughest content in the game on a shoestring budget because they don't know how to make currency, they don't want to learn how to do it either, and they don't know how to make builds beyond copying one they've seen on some streamers channel. Get good or get lost.

Last edited:

Sharpedge

Prophet
But in this analogy PoE is the highest quality product compared to all other contenders in the genre. It is the most bang for buck, satiating and nutritious meal. The 5 Guys of ARPGs.
Just because it is the best available option (and that is not true across every single metric you could use to judge an aRPG, for example, NoX has much better PVP), doesn't mean that every decision that is made, regardless of how popular it is, is a good decision for the game.
Weren't rares supposed to be the BiS for every slot anyway? Not sure which niche uniques you're talking about or why it is even so bad. IMO there are still plenty of desirable uniques that enable unique playstyles in the game. Fuck, Ben_/Darkee/Lightee made 5 of them for this league (and nobody likes them).
Rares and uniques fulfill different purposes. For example, the unique modifier on Shavronne's Wrappings (or Coruscating Elixer) exists to make a certain playstyle significantly more convenient than it would otherwise be to play. Rare items should in theory exist to empower a character. Unique items should in theory exist to enable different styles of play. Moving modifiers off of unique items onto a rare item undermines that particular purpose. A bad unique item is a unique item which purely exists to function as a well rolled rare.
I have no idea how quick the gear progression in SC Trade was last league compared to this, so you'd have to educate me on it. My impression was that everybody was doing 2-3 upgrades per slot during the entire league at most anyway.
The more of these crafting tools which are added, the faster the "lower tier" upgrades become obsolete on trade, simply because these items are far more common and people progress past them quicker. What constitutes as something you would even deign to use changes. Yes, you could argue people make "more" upgrades now (assuming they are trying to min max), but this is only because items that were previously considered an insurmountable challenge to create before (which is in my opinion a good thing) is now something which can be considered obtainable.
PoE isn't the McD in your analogy. That would be Lost Ark. In fact PoE tried going more hardcore this league and also in 3.15. I'm not sure anyone actually liked that. Did you like those changes during their initial hit? What kind of hardcore are we talking about here. Because if you compare PoE to 90% of all popular games right now, I would say it's pretty fucking hardcore. You can even make it more hardcore on yourself, if you really need that for your personal enjoyment. Why does everybody else has to get nerfed though?
I did, yes. I found it disappointing when they backed out on them because I felt they were moving the game in the correct direction.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
I did, yes. I found it disappointing when they backed out on them because I felt they were moving the game in the correct direction.
See, I didn't like them myself, but I trusted GGG to do what's best for the game. And then they lost 30% of their revenue on 3.15 which is very bad for the game. And I would argue that the biggest factor in the retention problems this league had was the initial implementation of the Archnemesis Rares, not the recombinators. Therefor I argue that making the entire game more difficult baseline is a very risky approach as it could tank the entire business and that a more elegant solution is to introduce more difficult optional content instead. Stuff like Hardmode, the new ooba ooba bosses, simu30 and so on. I understand the sentiment of enjoying a more challenging game, having to struggle for longer and so on. What I don't understand is why not just play in SSF or in HC or in a private league with additional difficulty modifiers enabled, where you'll have the appropriate challenge which you seek?

doesn't mean that every decision that is made, regardless of how popular it is, is a good decision for the game.
No disagreement there, as that also includes the very unpopular decisions as well. My main gripe is with the notions that: a) anyone in this thread knows what's absolutely good or bad for the game and b) because the game has evolved past its' early difficult feel, it is a worse game now.

The more of these crafting tools which are added, the faster the "lower tier" upgrades become obsolete on trade, simply because these items are far more common and people progress past them quicker. What constitutes as something you would even deign to use changes. Yes, you could argue people make "more" upgrades now (assuming they are trying to min max), but this is only because items that were previously considered an insurmountable challenge to create before (which is in my opinion a good thing) is now something which can be considered obtainable.
I understand the theory, what I wanted to know from you are the specifics. As in, how much sooner do people stop upgrading their gear? Or how many in-between steps of upgrading are lost?

Without specific data available what I see are two situations. Situation 1 (last league): people upgrade their gear an unspecified amount of times, before they reach a power level needed to clear all content and stop upgrading their gear. The amount of upgrades total in Situation 1 is "x". Situation 2 (this league): people upgrade their gear an unspecified, but smaller amount, before they reach the power level needed to clear all content, but also continue to upgrade further because insane items are within their reach. The amount of upgrade in Situation 2 is "y". If y > x, wouldn't that make Situation 2 preferrable? I'm not saying y is in fact greater x. I don't have any specific data on how many people stopped playing earlier than last league, because they reached a certain power level sooner or how many people continue to play for longer than last league, because they are motivated to craft insane items. All I'm asking is whether you think that more upgrades total, even if they aren't necessary, is a positive or not.

Rares and uniques fulfill different purposes. For example, the unique modifier on Shavronne's Wrappings (or Coruscating Elixer) exists to make a certain playstyle significantly more convenient than it would otherwise be to play. Rare items should in theory exist to empower a character. Unique items should in theory exist to enable different styles of play. Moving modifiers off of unique items onto a rare item undermines that particular purpose. A bad unique item is a unique item which purely exists to function as a well rolled rare.
I get that, but what I was asking were specific niche uniques which you are missing. I can't remember any specific unique that became obsolete off the top of my head. HoWA maybe?

Saark you ok there, buddy?

:what:

Sounds like you're having a meltdown. I find the fact that you ignored my question about being a Real Money Trader peculiar. Are you afraid to admit to it, but also don't want to deny it, because you have moral qualms about lying?

Just because you're so fucking bad at this game that you cannot afford simple uniques
I admit it. I'm so fucking bad, I don't even have a Squire or a Mageblood in SSF. At week 6 even! I feel so ashamed.

mageblood isn't even required in this build either,
So why did you include it in your showcase then, if you knew I would comment on it? Could you not resist the urge to flex?

stop putting words into peoples mouths like you've been doing all over this thread every single page since you appeared in here.
I merely put some argumentative pressure on sweeping, unqualified statements some people make. If you've had been more intellectually honest about your own statements from the beginning, we wouldn't have had any problem.

you're the reason the game has turned to shit
So the game HAS turned to shit? This is what I mean, when I say that you're putting the game down.

But you can kill and clear the Uber content on a much cheaper budget.
So show it then. You keep saying this, but you have yet to prove it. Do you not trust your own abilities to do it on a budget?

Speaking of putting words into mouths. I never expressed I want to be able to kill the most difficult bosses in the game on a budget or that I want insane gear to rain down onto me for free(maybe you're confusing me with one of your clients from d2jsp?). I merely challenged your own claim, that recombinator gear isn't necessary to kill uber ubers for anybody but the most talented of players. I guess I should have stipulated that characters almost completely decked out in BiS uniques which are "broken for killing bosses", as you say, are also disqualified. My bad.

Sharpedge

Prophet
What I don't understand is why not just play in SSF or in HC or in a private league with additional difficulty modifiers enabled, where you'll have the appropriate challenge which you seek?
I have in the past played in private leagues and HC, I like to dick around with friends in PoE and I also like to mess around with specific niche uniques, so that does exclude SSF, but I have taken on optional difficulty modes. Yes, when hardmode comes I will probably be playing it. My main issue is that I feel the game should have a base line difficulty which it is balanced around and that base line should be higher, because when you are balancing around a game designed around speedclear meta, everything else is indirectly (and sometimes directly) affected as a result.
I understand the theory, what I wanted to know from you are the specifics. As in, how much sooner do people stop upgrading their gear? Or how many in-between steps of upgrading are lost?

Without specific data available what I see are two situations. Situation 1 (last league): people upgrade their gear an unspecified amount of times, before they reach a power level needed to clear all content and stop upgrading their gear. The amount of upgrades total in Situation 1 is "x". Situation 2 (this league): people upgrade their gear an unspecified, but smaller amount, before they reach the power level needed to clear all content, but also continue to upgrade further because insane items are within their reach. The amount of upgrade in Situation 2 is "y". If y > x, wouldn't that make Situation 2 preferrable? I'm not saying y is in fact greater x. I don't have any specific data on how many people stopped playing earlier than last league, because they reached a certain power level sooner or how many people continue to play for longer than last league, because they are motivated to craft insane items. All I'm asking is whether you think that more upgrades total, even if they aren't necessary, is a positive or not.
I can only talk for my experience (I stopped playing earlier and made fewer upgrades), I cannot provide definitive data for the entire of trade as a whole. This was why I gave an explanation of the theory, instead of trying to put figures to it, because providing my personal experience is very much like you explaining how you enjoy being able to min max with recombinators - yes, it talks to your personal experience, but it tells no story about the system as a whole. Only GGG can provide an authoratative take on this, because they are the only ones with data on the entire population.
I get that, but what I was asking were specific niche uniques which you are missing. I can't remember any specific unique that became obsolete off the top of my head. HoWA maybe?
An easy example would be Lightning Coil, which had its conversion modifier stuck on so many items that at this point I doubt many people would realize that it was a unique modifier at all. Something very recent would be the Jinxed Juju amulet, which was useful for only a brief period from scourge until aura effect was added as a possible modifier on rare amulets. They have however, to be fair, added a lot of interesting new uniques, Impossible Escape being a great example.
I merely challenged your own claim, that recombinator gear isn't necessary to kill uber ubers for anybody but the most talented of players. I guess I should have stipulated that characters almost completely decked out in BiS uniques which are "broken for killing bosses", as you say, are also disqualified. My bad.
Its obvious that recombinators make reaching certain gear thresholds easier and make some things possible which were not possible before. Its also obvious that some people can clear uber content without them. A combination of the first fact and the second tells us that there are some people (we don't know how many) that can only clear uber content because of recombinators. It furthermore tells us that there are more people who can clear uber content with them, than people who can clear uber content without them. The question then becomes, should those people be able to clear uber content and furthermore, how many people should be able to clear it at all. I am perfectly fine with content existing which I cannot personally complete. I am, in fact, fine with contact which exists that takes months before even a single player completes it. I think having content which exists to serve as "content to aspire towards" is healthy. I do not feel that aspirational content should necessarily be accessible to many people at all.

Last edited:

Reever

Scholar
Patron
And I would argue that the biggest factor in the retention problems this league had was the initial implementation of the Archnemesis Rares, not the recombinators. Therefor I argue that making the entire game more difficult baseline is a very risky approach as it could tank the entire business and that a more elegant solution is to introduce more difficult optional content instead.
Would you argue that people played less because of the difficulty increase or because GGG half-assed it's implementation and couldn't be bothered to test it before shitting it out to the general playerbase?

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Week 6 over.

charas.png

Got the hundo, now leveling all the other chars I wanted. Champ is starting to feel good, despite mediocre gear. Spider's Occy hasn't really wowed me so far, but that maybe due to me doing red maps on a lvl71 character. I actually managed to win the harvest div card gambles twice. Once was a 4 to 8 for the Academic and multiple wins from 2 to 12 of the Dragon's Heart for the lvl4 Empower. Very uncharacteristic for my luck.

notables.png

I'm still low on challenges, but as soon as my Slayer is at decent enough level, I'll go about killing the uber ubers.

Would you argue that people played less because of the difficulty increase or because GGG half-assed it's implementation and couldn't be bothered to test it before shitting it out to the general playerbase?
I would argue that you should go back to reddit with mid-wit takes like these. Testing was fine for the most part. Launch was smooth. None of the Archnem mods crashed anything. The only thing they let slip was the extreme difficulty of Blighted maps. What they didn't test is how much more death the 4-mod rares would cause during all stages of the game and how it would feel to play the game for many different kinds of players. Testing something like "how does it feel to play" on a meaningful scale can only be realistically done via a PTR.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
I would argue that you should go back to reddit with mid-wit takes like these. Testing was fine for the most part. Launch was smooth. None of the Archnem mods crashed anything. The only thing they let slip was the extreme difficulty of Blighted maps. What they didn't test is how much more death the 4-mod rares would cause during all stages of the game and how it would feel to play the game for many different kinds of players. Testing something like "how does it feel to play" on a meaningful scale can only be realistically done via a PTR.
You're absolutely retarded.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Week 7 over.

charas.png

Been leveling my culler as Boneshatter. It feels incredibly satisfying to play. So when you eventually hit something that disables most of your build, it feels like caffeine withdrawal. My gear isn't amazing for it, I just slapped together a 2xT1 Piledriver and some basic rares. Still the Lightning Striker is a much better investment for recombinators at the moment.

I'm 20/40 on challenges now. Currently farming Legion for the uber emblems. I'm very glad to have an Inspired Learning for it. I'm half-way there on the most time consuming challenge already though:

grinds.png

Some rare shit I dropped this week. I finally got 4/4 on the Asenath's div card only to get one from Akil's Prophecy right before turning it in. Classic.

notables.png

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Week 8 over.

Only a few challenges left:

challenges.png

Did Uber Ubers

First was Cortex. The difficulty hike was noticeable, but manageable. Detonate Dead had it's time to shine there and I ended up killing it on my first attempt and also killing it while it is witnessed by Maven on subsequent attempts.
Second was Uber Sirus. A complete shit show of a fight. Took me like 10 sets to finally down him. It was tilting the fuck out of me. I tried him on my Detonate Dead character at first, but my dps was way too low to get anywhere before the entire arena was covered in void zones. Decided to go all in on the Lightning Striker, who had much better damage. I had to min-max way more than for anything up until then. Gay ass nigger encounter. I wouldn't mind it as much, if it weren't part of a challenge or if it at least dropped some guaranteed shit, like Uber Maven does. I did a normal Sirus right after my Uber kill, just to feel the difference. The normal version couldn't even get off a single attack before I killed him in his last phase. It feels like the difficulty hike from normal Sirus to Uber is ten-fold. Not touching this gay ass nigger fight ever again and I hope it's not in the challenges next league.
Thrid was Uber Eater. Downed him on my first attempt with the Lightning Striker. Made me even angrier at the Uber Sirus design. Sure, if you juice the invitation with some 8-mod + Hubris, it will probably be even more difficult, but that isn't part of a challenge and it's up to you to do that. The baseline fight feels good. This is how the normal version should have been tbh. All his attacks hurt and you have to actually do the mechanics.
Fourth was Uber Maven. Again, downed her on my first attempt with the Lightning Striker. If you learned how to do the baseline fight properly, the mechanical knowledge will pay dividends here (unlike with that nigger Uber Sirus). Difficulty hike is very noticeable, but manageable.
Fifth was Uber Exarch. Took me 5-10 attempts on the Lightning Striker to defeat him. Had to resort to stacking max fire res via recombinators and a harvest enchanted ruby flask. The extra Minotaur during ball phase ended up helping me, because I could leech off of him, while tanking the balls. A frustrating fight, as avoiding getting hit is very difficult with all that shit on the ground. On the upside, I did eventually understand how to clean the floor. This fight is probably much easier on a non-melee with Melding, but I wouldn't want this to be the baseline either way. It's way too difficult for that.
Sixth was Uber Shaper. Tried once on the Lightning Striker and got to phase 3, but it was tough. Did a second attempt on the Detonate Dead character and killed him. I had hoped they would remove the 4 bosses before the actual Shaper for this one, but no such luck. Tough but doable. If this fight was the most difficult Uber boss in the game, I wouldn't complain.
Last was Uber Uber Elder. Took him down on my first attempt via the DD character. Felt easier than Uber Shaper just because there was less shit going on at the same time. Also a lot of the mechanical knowledge from the normal fight can be used in here as well. Good fight.

In conclusion, I wish they wouldn't have put these on the challenges list and Uber Sirus can go fuck himself. The overall methods by which difficulty was achieved feel cheap. Any retard can put a 70% damage reduction modifier on an encounter. The mechanical additions to the fights make them less elegant and more chaotic. Maybe some people prefer that. I don't. The additional rewards are nowhere near worth the difficulty hike from my perspective. Uber Sirus dropping only his gloves or Uber Exarch dropping only his staff feels so incredibly cucked. They went the right direction with Uber Maven at least dropping a guaranteed Elevated Sextant. Something similar should be done to the rest. Give out 1/20 of an Omniscience for each Uber Exarch kill or something.

Notables:

notable.png

Hit a +1 all by accident while regaling a weapon I was going to use in a harvest "weapon-2-amulet" craft.

Hyperion

Arcane
You're absolutely retarded.
Don't bother, he's the biggest GGG apologist this side of Ziggy. He put me on ignore in Discord because he couldn't handle me saying they have put in precisely 0 good content since Labyrinth, and then proceeded to shit all over it to make sure the autistic spastics who can't throttle their movespeed can beat it without switching out a single piece of gear.

Not playing for a couple of years after giving them a few hundred dollareedoos in the early years because they were quite possibly the best devs at a dark time for RPGs has done incredibly well for the mental health. I keep one eye on PoE2 updates, but there's no reason to play ARPGs as a grug enthusiast anymore.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Oh nyo, another guy who hasn't played in years.

I thought I was pretty critical in my last post, was I not? Do I literally have to call Chris Wilson a nigger for it to register with you?

>Ziggy is an opologist.
Wrong. Ziggy has been plenty critical on issues that bother him about the game. If you'd actually

>GGG designs their game for autistic clear speed demons
Wrong. 3.15 they cucked them hard at the expense of 30% of their revenue. THIS league they tried cucking clear speed again with the new Archnem Rares. If that doesn't show you GGG's intent, you're a blind fool (which you are). Have you even tried one of the new Ubers? That content has nothing to do with clear speed. Try doing those without upgrading your gear extensively.

>listening to community feedback = shitting over game
Just because you and niggers like ProjectPT (who came back to PoE like the cuck he is) dislike the way people play on Softcore Trade doesn't mean the game is worse now.

>I can't handle your criticism.
I've put you on ignore, because you're an insufferable cunt. Every time I would try to talk about PoE with the other degens on discord, you would insert yourself and start shitting on it with your outdated takes. You and Perkel are very alike in that regard. No actual experience on the matter, yet you insist that your take is the only correct one.

I can live with legit criticism. You personally disliking some aspect of the game which you cannot change anything about. Like Sharpedge did a couple pages back. There is nothing to discuss with you, because your arguments have no factual basis anymore.

Hyperion

Arcane
I can't handle your criticism.
I've put you on ignore, because you're an insufferable cunt. Every time I would try to talk about PoE with the other degens on discord
You mean monologuing your loot drops because you're the only person who plays. You also said yourself you're an easily entertained lemming who likes the brainlet state of the game, so you're essentially capitulating that you know the gamenis dogshit but like a heroin addict you just can't kick the habit. Whose opinion is worthless again?

>GGG designs their game for autistic clear speed demons
Wrong. 3.15 they cucked them hard at the expense of 30% of their revenue.
I played for 3 days in 3.16. It accomplished nothing. The state of the game is exactly the same, while Labyrinth is nerfed to the ground, and will be removed from the game. But hey, let's keep adding new ways to craft gear instead of providing thoughtful content that expands itself beyond excuses for loot piñatas.
There has been 0 additional content that actually changes the way you approach the game since Ascension. Depth tried it, and failed, and instead of making the content memorable it intentionally throttled your progress because the idea of a game within a game that threatened the mapping addiction was a big no no for gook grinder number 1.

Melee has been somewhere between irrelevent and nonexistent since Earthquake came out in...2.2? We'be moved the goalpost for melee definition to swinginf a giant fucking club in something'a face to 'casting in front of enemies' because of a refusal to compromise that combat is fundamentally broken, and has been for roughly 7 years.

But please continue your delusional coping to feed your dopamine addiction guiltfree.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
You mean monologuing your loot drops because you're the only person who plays.
When I was discussing poe on discord, there were a bunch of people still playing it back then. Except you, who was also the most vocal.

ou also said yourself you're an easily entertained lemming who likes the brainlet state of the game, so you're essentially capitulating that you know the gamenis dogshit but like a heroin addict you just can't kick the habit. Whose opinion is worthless again?
wot? stfu nigger

Melee has been somewhere between irrelevant and nonexisten
Wrong again. I played 2 melee skills this league. Boneshatter can be fun and Lightning Strike is absolutely bonkers. I'm sure somebody can make a decent Slams build with the new Shaper helmet next league.

You're so out of touch with the reality of the game that anything positive said about it seems like a delusion to you.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
This was in reference to Hardcore versus Softcore. The clarification is right there in the very next line. You're beyond retarded.

I agree that HC is basically mandatory in Diablo 2 style games. Otherwise the gameplay degenerates down into endless item hunting, always chasing those slightly better stats, and nothing else. People farm Cow level or Uber Tristram over and over and over again endlessly looking for items. With Hardcore it becomes almost a roguelike, you have to run with average gear that might have flaws (unless it's something you traded for, even then you usually have to earn the currency from sub-par runs), and use clever tactics to see how long you survive on a given run.

I really like Path of Exile. The Gem system is great. As are a lot of other game systems. My biggest gripe is that I don't have the best internet and it doesn't support singleplayer AT ALL, and I have had multiple runs end (in both softcore and HC) because my net bugged out for a few seconds.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Internet issues is also one of the major reasons I never got into HC. Then they enabled SSF and I never looked back.

Internet issues is also one of the major reasons I never got into HC. Then they enabled SSF and I never looked back.

SSF?

I haven't played POE for a while, can you enlighten me?

I know they have predictive network mode (as opposed to lockstep), but that's not exactly amazing.

I think they should have a mechanism where, maybe 3 times per month per character, if they detect high ping on your character and as a result of inaction they die, you should get a "takesies backsies" and simply respawn. I can see how that would be super prone to abuse, though, so the design would probably need to be changed to counter lag switches and other abuses. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and get good internet.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here

SSF?

I haven't played POE for a while, can you enlighten me?

I know they have predictive network mode (as opposed to lockstep), but that's not exactly amazing.

I think they should have a mechanism where, maybe 3 times per month per character, if they detect high ping on your character and as a result of inaction they die, you should get a "takesies backsies" and simply respawn. I can see how that would be super prone to abuse, though, so the design would probably need to be changed to counter lag switches and other abuses. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and get good internet.
Yeah, you just check the SSF box on character creation and you're playing completely alone from there on. It's still online only, but all trade and grouping is disabled. You can still join the guild hideout, if you're in a guild.

If you haven't played since the networking rework, I'd encourage you to give it another try because they also improved networking substantially since the days of desync. The defensive tools available currently allow you to build very sturdy characters without heavy investment which can survive 6 seconds under 90% of all circumstances.

But in the end, if you're after a rogue-like experience, I think Hades is a much better fit over PoE.

I might not SSF as I do like to sometimes do Hardcore runs with friends.

I will check out Hades. But I do like Diablo style games, just with permadeath. Dunno why

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom