Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Arkeus

Arcane

Josh is a surprisingly good speaker. I am always pleased by his way of talking about things in those youtube videos. As long as it isn't a party.

EDIT:
xBxqG.jpg Mega dungeon, 15 levels

Damn, no feet.

~RAGING BONER~

Learned
Feet will require moar Facebook likes.
it would seriously be easier for them to raise another 200 grand than it would be for them to get 40k likes...

but either way, the dungeon additions have been closed. What we have now is a dungeon 3 times the size of watchers keep.

aris

Arcane
I really love the concept art of the mega dungeon. If it's anything as good as Durlag's tower from tales of the sword coast or watchers keep from tob, i'll be one happy camper.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Surprisingly many people in Project Eternity forums seems to have no or very little understanding what kind of RPGs Obsidian makes even if they have played them. The usual thought tends to be "Like Bioware but maybe better!".

This is the message I wrote into "Dev Q: Project Eternity and "Mature Content"" thread:
I think lot of people are getting more and less mistaken wibe of the Project Eternity - They seem to think that it'll be more like The Witcher or "Bioware" over the top style, or then something like Fallout 1 or 2 which were over the top in their own way, and even Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 had pretty exaggerated story/plot.

The impression I get from the interviews I've read and especially from the interview with MCA after the Kickstarter that they want to do something what's more like Arcanum or PS:T from the mood-standpoint.

It haven't been long since I played Arcanum last time and it was very subdued compared to the more newer games, even when compared to the before mentioned BG2, or even BG1.

What do you guise think, agree with my message?

Hopefully decliners vanish from the forums eventually, hopefully sooner than later.

Commander Xbox

Learned
Surprisingly many people in Project Eternity forums seems to have no or very little understanding what kind of RPGs Obsidian makes even if they have played them. The usual thought tends to be "Like Bioware but maybe better!".

looool what do you expect, a load of biodrones and freaks heard the keywords ''rpg'' ''romance'' ''lgbt'' and bandwagoned onto this game with no understanding or care for it brah

kris

Arcane
Like i mentioned in one of those romance threads in the Bioware forum, this things about romance is such a small issue. It is such a small part of the content and it is up to the companion writers anyway. I don't know why you guys bother to rage so much and even go for insults, truth is that the romance group is more or less irrelevant. More worrying is people asking for the game to be easier, combat to be worse and streamlining features. That will really affect the game in a negative way and that is were you should put your focus. Not focus against a couple of lonely people that want to fill the void in their soul with some awful written romance were they have to cater to some broken character.

Harold

Arcane
Jarpie Well, first MCA would have to play Arcanum in order to write a game that has a similar vibe, don't ya think? Other than that, yes, the Obsidian forums are full of butthurt Biodrones, which isn't surprising in the slightest, seeing as how the pitch video catered to them.

"Woo" as Chris would say.

Also I forgot to post this image when the Kickstarter ended, doing it now:
rkvsw3.png

Typical feminazi misandrist objectification of the male body that provides sustenance via dick and moneyz hypocrisy etc. etc.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Jarpie Well, first MCA would have to play Arcanum in order to write a game that has a similar vibe, don't ya think? Other than that, yes, the Obsidian forums are full of butthurt Biodrones, which isn't surprising in the slightest, seeing as how the pitch video catered to them.

"Woo" as Chris would say.

Also I forgot to post this image when the Kickstarter ended, doing it now:
rkvsw3.png

Typical feminazi misandrist objectification of the male body that provides sustenance via dick and moneyz hypocrisy etc. etc.

That was just an example of the similar mood and tone as had been in Obsidian's games so far, and Tim Cain did Arcanum.

Harold

Arcane
^^ Let's hope his voodo works on his co-workers so he can make them agree to as many Arcanum-like things. The high class orlan cypher detective that Adam mentioned in that sorcerers interview already sounds very Arcanum-y.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:lol: What's that Matt Barton poster doing there?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom