Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Seems like Chris L'Etoile had some involvement in the ME3 ending fiasco. Specifically, he was one of the writers who left the series before ME3 and caused some minor drama by posting about how he would have done things differently.

IIRC EA/Bioware screwed his plans for the ME trilogy all back when ME2 was made. He was the one who wanted the reapers to wipe out civilizations because they accelerated entropy or something, instead they made spaceopera crewdrama giant humanshaped reaper and the sucky me3 story which admittedly I've not played thorugh.

Am I thinking of someone else?

You're thinking about Drew Karpshyn's "dark energy" plot.

Sentinel

Arcane
Also heavily involved in the development of popamole console "RPG"s

He's a writen, which mean that he wasn't involved in many of the most egregious design decisions.
Yeah but the Mass Effect/DA:O games were pretty boring too both in story and characters. You had the Annoying Nagging Bitch Who Lets You Put Your Dick Inside Of Her Regardless (Morrigan/Miranda Lawson), the Retard Edgy Sociopath (Sten/Jack), the Reckless Sociopath (dwarven guy in DA:O, although he was funny at times, and the Wrex? guy), the So Kawaii Slut (Liliana/Talia), the Sage Mong Who Spends The Entire Game Preaching (Wynn/Anderson), and both games were "an ancient evil awakens and everyone's too useless to do anything you're the chosen one go get'em jack".

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
:hmmm:

Mojomancer We don't really know anything about the game other than it's a new IP multiplatform action-RPG by Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky. Just wait for it to be announced.
In a YT video you linked to on the Obsidian forums , they discussed spies, rpg and noir.

Sounds like a stylized Alpha Protocal reboot, perhaps Sega again?

I know that is non-sensical.

Mojomancer

Novice
:hmmm:

Mojomancer We don't really know anything about the game other than it's a new IP multiplatform action-RPG by Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky. Just wait for it to be announced.
In a YT video you linked to on the Obsidian forums , they discussed spies, rpg and noir.

Sounds like a stylized Alpha Protocal reboot, perhaps Sega again?

I know that is non-sensical.

Would a reboot count as a new IP though? Spiritual successor maybe but there seems to be a lot of talk about it being post apocalyptic going on.

Flou

Arbiter
The Cain and Boyarsky game is an Action RPG?

:M

Apparently yes, but so was Fallout: New Vegas. Though since they own the IP, nothing (except Feargus and maybe their Brand Managers) is there stop them from making other kinda games in the same setting later on.

Latelistener

Arcane
Then why are we spending pages debating who the publisher for the unannounced project is?
Because the Parabsidian relationships have a long term focus. Once they'll finish with Tranny, they'll start another project.
Not to say that, a multiplatform AAA (AA?) Action RPG is a bit too much for them to handle.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Reposted: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-moments-from-obsidian-games-and-win-consoles

Also: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/09/11/save-up-to-60-on-tyranny-for-the-next-few-hours/

tumblr_n6eejhw8BB1taao3wo1_500.gif

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
From comments section:

The list feature mentioned at the beginning of the video is still a few hours away. Hope you enjoy this in the meantime! Really enjoyed working on it. -Chris

Freddie

Savant
Seems like Chris L'Etoile had some involvement in the ME3 ending fiasco. Specifically, he was one of the writers who left the series before ME3 and caused some minor drama by posting about how he would have done things differently.
I don't recall that exactly, then I didn't follow every forum out there. The thing that could be read between the lines of some former BW writers who actually had some sort of vision and could create something mature was, that they weren't necessarily welcomed after Super Mac took over.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Watched the whole thing.

Very rambling video, but with lots of fun anecdotes. It does a good job of straightening out the timeline of the series' development, like how Fallout went from a personal project to a Black Isle project (before it was called Black Isle) and when exactly Fallout 2's development began. Also some stuff about Brian Fargo's involvement in coming up with the concept of perks and other things.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom