Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview NMA's big to-do about nothing posted as advertised

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Exitium, I am sorry, but I think your signature is LARP. Totally LARP.

plin

Liturgist
OMG SO LAME, WAHT THE ELL. HYPE MAXHCINE< MACHKJNE HYPE.

actually, it was a nice surprise. Thanks odin.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
The interview was good with some nice info. However, it didn not warrant the hype of a surprise. That is lame; but that's to be expected from Exitium.

Nontheless, I hope they get the go ahead for this game.

And, oh, one last bit for Troika:

BIO WELCOMES YOU TO THE LAND OF REAL TIME WITH PAUSE!!! :P

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Jesus, Kamaz, you like LARP and hate mechs. You're one sick puppy.

Anyway, the interview was fairly nice. All you dumbnuts went about pissing on each other about WU WAS TEH HYPEMONGER??! and didn't even comment on this part:

Leonard said:
We’ve definitely discussed this as an option, and it seems to me that it would be much easier to balance paused real time with turn based combat than it was to try to balance turn based with full real time. I’m not a system designer, though, so maybe I’m high. I like the idea, but some other people here have said that they think it would be a bit redundant to have both turn based and paused real time. What do you guys think? Would that be redundant?

Give the man some insight, you drama queens.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Give the man some insight,"

Only if he gives me a job.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
NMA forums handles that part pretty well, RP, dont worry.

And about mechs - well, I think mechs are stupid, silly and pointless but LARPs - the future of RPGs. Whats so fucking strange about that:)? Uh?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"You guys bitch more than my dead grandmother. Jesus shut up already."

Pot. Kettle. Black.

almondblight

Arcane
The new screenshot is pretty cool. So's the interview (4 projects they're shipping around). The bitching is kinda lame though.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Even though I am not particpating in this current bitch session, I'm just going to say that Troika had this coming to them. Bioware and Bethesda get all the flames, typically, at the Codex. It's about time another developer got thrown into the mix. Hey, with the strong exception of NWN, at least Bioware never made mediocre titles like Arcanum and TOEE (except for its gameplay) and certainly redeemed themselves with KOTOR.

Besides, since Bioware pretty much invented the pause and play style of gameplay, it can only look like Troika's kowtowing to them.

plin

Liturgist
Exitium said:
Even though I am not particpating in this current bitch session, I'm just going to say that Troika had this coming to them. Bioware and Bethesda get all the flames, typically, at the Codex. It's about time another developer got thrown into the mix. Hey, with the strong exception of NWN, at least Bioware never made mediocre titles like Arcanum and TOEE (except for its gameplay) and certainly redeemed themselves with KOTOR.

Besides, since Bioware pretty much invented the pause and play style of gameplay, it can only look like Troika's kowtowing to them.

I don't think anyone is flaming troika at all, it looks like they're flaming towards you and odin for the supposed hype. I would think they'd be happy for troika even though this surprise didn't meet their expectations to the MEGA HYPE that I fail to see.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Exitium said:

Well, Cain and Boyarsky have mentioned in some interviews that they've looked at their errors in their past titles and are looking at ways to prevent them. While its not a guilt free situation, admiting there were problems is a good step. Trying to prevent the same from happening again is another good one.

Uh, no. Did you ever get around to playing Darklands?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
How long ago was that game made? You can't honestly expect me or anyone to believe that Bioware stole it from Darklands, do you?

As for Troika getting flamed, and 'no one is doing it'. Please. You should have seen what Saint had to say about Troika earlier in #fallout, before he went back to Sims 2. Oh yeah, if you think he's 'joining the dark side' or whatever, think again - Sims 2 is a pretty fun game.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Exitium said:
How long ago was that game made? You can't honestly expect me or anyone to believe that Bioware stole it from Darklands, do you?

You can't honestly expect me or anyone else to believe that Bioware invented something when that thing was made before and not by them, do you?

I didn't said anything about "stealing" or any other hopelessly infantile form of accusation such as that one, so why bring it up?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
While I don't think Bioware 'invented' it per se, they definitely introduced the gameplay element to the modern RPG market, much as Fallout introduced the modern gaming market to sophisticated RPGs, and Planescape Torment carried on that legacy.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Well, I think you'd agree there's a difference between inventing and introducing, yes? Sure, they reintroduced that particular gameplay mechanic in modern RPGs. Didn't said otherwise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom