Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview NMA's big to-do about nothing posted as advertised

RGE

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
That's a good point that demonstrates how success/failure is measured by a point of view. For Germans it was a failure, for the Allies it was a success, and for Sweden it was a success because they made tons of money helping both parties kill each other. Sweden rulez! :wink:
Oh no, we don't rule. We're the meek. We'll inherit the earth! After other countries are done with it... :cry:

Anyhow, I agree that success and failure depends on who you ask, and I might have mentioned it if I thought that it mattered in this verbal colosseum. I also happen to think that the most relevant opinion of the success or failure of a computer game is how popular it is and how much money it made. And NWN is plenty popular and made plenty of money, regardless of its lack of certain qualities. Was it the popularity of NWN you were debating about? I forget...

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Reklar said:
Actually, Australia and Italy have troops in Iraq as well as El Salvador, which goes to show that the size of the country has nothing to do with the level of support for rebuilding Iraq into a free country. The attitude you display towards "meaningless and pathetic" countries is more likely to get you called an arrogant S.O.B. and create enemies than treating them like equal partners in an endeavor such as rebuilding Iraq.
Nothing against any of those countries, but I don't think a mouthpiece (political) detachment of 200-500 soldiers makes any difference in a place like Iraq. The military of those countries doesn't want to be there, and the public support for the war in Iraq is absolutely poor. They're just there to support their bastard ally the United States because they can't make decisions for themselves, the lapdogs that they are. Howard and Blair, they're both a couple of lackeys who aren't doing anything in the interest of their own public. It's like how Canada sent 2 battlecruisers to Iraq when the war first started. America had over 500 stationed there, and 2 is supposed to make a difference? It's just a political maneuver, not real support.

Everyone knows Blair is not going to get reelected and Howard is going to have a really tough time now that the war has turned out to be a colossal failure. They are players, and it was a gamble. If they found WMDs and ties to Osama, people would likely support the war effort. After all, wasn't it America's mission to 'heroically' uncover Saddam as a liar by discovering hidden caches of WMDs? If that happened, America would have their name cleaned, their intelligence agencies regarded as accurate and their military decisions heralded as risky, but well payed off in the end. Only in someone's pipedream.

I find it eminently satisfying when people from other countries who label Americans as arrogant (amongst other choices words) prove they're no better than those they malign because it proves to anyone paying attention, and without a grudge against America, that they are hypocrites. Sadly, there do not seem to be many people paying attention anymore.
At least most of us don't initiate attacks on other countries based on some decades old grudge against the person leading it with the dumb excuse of finding WMDs or 'ties to Osama bin Laden' of which Saddam had none.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Just to clarify, I didn't intend to call Italy, NZ or Australia "pathetic". Just that their support for the war was. I like these countries so I have no reason to insult them like that.

If the war were more popular they would likely send larger detachments and most countries wouldn't be so eager to withdraw. How many countries have withdrawn or decided to withdraw, so far? Poland, Japan, Korea, Spain, various European countries, even Turkey (I think?) and many don't support it, not on the grounds of being Muslims, but due to the lack of United Nations approval.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Saddam as a liar"

Saddam is a liar. That's been proven already. next.

And, your arrogance is pathetic. You also are proven to be a hypocrite as you claim that the US thinks its above everyone when you are claiming the exact same thing.

And, stop dragging Kanada into this. Kanada was, and is not part of the Coalition. What a lameo.

"It's like how Canada sent 2 battlecruisers to Iraq"

It's amazing you know about that yet don't know *why* they were sent there. What a dumbass.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Saddam was hiding in a lair. Next.

As for Saddam's lies - I don't think he lied about Osama. Recent intelligence, including an admission by DONALD RUMSFELD states that Saddam did NOT have any ties to Osama bin Laden and if he did they were severed a long time ago, long before the war, and long before 9/11. He also states that no WMDs have been found and their mission thus far has been a failure in that sense. Far be it for Donald Rumsfeld to disprove the supporters, eh?

As for the 2 battlecruisers, why don't you explain what they were for, oh thoughtful one? What a lameo.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
" Far be it for Donald Rumsfeld to disprove the supporters, eh? "

I don't support Rumsfield. Next.

"As for Saddam's lies"

Yes, he has told lots of lies. I guess you believe he didn't murder countless people in cold blood then? I guess you beleive that he was winning Iraqi election with 85%+ of the vote huh? I guess you believe him that no chemical weapons wer esued on either the Kurds or the Iranians right?

Sorry, the guy is liar. More importantly the guy who is a scumbag who is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thosuands of Iraqis if not millions.

The world is betetr off without him. Next.

"As for the 2 battlecruisers, why don't you explain what they were for, oh thoughtful one?"

It's funny that you heard about the 2 battlecrusiers; but not why theyw ere sent there. That's what you get when you listen to some bum on a street corner for your facts. Next.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I don't support Rumsfield. Next.
The supporters of the war, chuckles.

Saddam is a liar, but he didn't lie about not having ties with Osama, which was cited as one of the purposes for the war.

You still haven't explained the 2 battlecruisers.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Volourn said:
"As for the 2 battlecruisers, why don't you explain what they were for, oh thoughtful one?"

It's funny that you heard about the 2 battlecrusiers; but not why theyw ere sent there. That's what you get when you listen to some bum on a street corner for your facts. Next.
What's with being a dick and refusing to answer Exitium's question? If you know, tell him, if not, stop pretending like a 5-year old.

Also, since you didn't reply to my last post, I have to conclude that you've admitted your defeat and stupidity, and have accepted me as your master and mentor. A wise choice. :lol:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
No. I'm not responding; because he knows about the submarines but the reason why they were there eludes him. In other words, he's not worth telling the facts to.

However, nice troll to continue the thread. :D

xemous

Arcane
Howard is going to have a really tough time now that the war has turned out to be a colossal failure

haha you underestimated the aussies, they voted him back! around 70% of the votes

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom