Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Vegas mods

Gord

Arcane
Out of curiosity I decided to check out some ENBs today.
Not convinced. Basically you seem to give up performance in order to gain severe myopia, worse AA and a couple of lens-flare effects.
Just using Nevada Skies + Interior Lightning Overhaul looks just as good (if different) and has better performance.

About the only thing in favor of ENBs seems to be SSAO, since it can give the lighting some depth and maybe more flexibility with things like contrast and saturation.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Project Nevada Rebalance module vs JSawyer Mod

Which is better and why? DISCUSS!!!

Purely in terms of balance changes, since a lot of the fixes/dlc integration from JSawyer is available from standalone mods these days.

opium fiend

Augur
I'm having trouble with Jsawyer's mod, as instructed, I'm using Fallout mod manager and the mod is loaded afer all DLC's (including Courier's stash and Gunrunner arsenall). I still get the mercenary, tribal, classic etc pack when I start the game. Halp, I want the ultimate HC survival experience, what am I doing wrong? (other than pirating the game)

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I'm having trouble with Jsawyer's mod, as instructed, I'm using Fallout mod manager and the mod is loaded afer all DLC's (including Courier's stash and Gunrunner arsenall). I still get the mercenary, tribal, classic etc pack when I start the game. Halp, I want the ultimate HC survival experience, what am I doing wrong? (other than pirating the game)
That's odd, you should get a message on the top left corner when you start saying the stuff has been distributed around the map. Have you downloaded the latest version from here: http://diogenes-lamp.info/jsawyer_fnv_mod.zip?

Post your load order too.

opium fiend

Augur
That's odd, you should get a message on the top left corner when you start saying the stuff has been distributed around the map. Have you downloaded the latest version from here: http://diogenes-lamp.info/jsawyer_fnv_mod.zip?

Post your load order too.

Yeah, I have downloaded the exact same file. I'm using Fallout Mod Manager to make sure it loads last. Order is: caravan/classic/merc/tribal packs, gun runner arsenal, then the main NV esm, then dlcs DM, OWB, HH, LR, finally: Jsawyer. I don't care about equipment packs crap, but I read it was necessary for the mod. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong with the mod manager, but it seems simple enough. All the files are put in the data folder.

As soon as I open my eyes, I get the message that item packs have been added to my inv.

opium fiend

Augur
No result. My courier's stash is split into four segments, maybe their load order is relevant also? Is Sawyer's mod even worth the hassle? I found the vanilla HC lacking in difficulty but I have to admit that I have never progressed past Vegas and getting a glimpse of Caesar's camp. I don't know how difficult it gets at the end. Even in HC mode I ignored survival, repair and those atmospheric skills.

Also, by now, I'm getting fucking sick of Doc Mitchell's face.

edit: I don't have any other mods installed

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
My courier's stash is split into four segments, maybe their load order is relevant also?
That's how it is, and I don't think load order matters for the 4 stash packs...

It's p. odd, do you at least get the message box saying JSawyer is activated when Doc Mitchell wakes you up?

Is Sawyer's mod even worth the hassle? I found the vanilla HC lacking in difficulty but I have to admit that I have never progressed past Vegas and getting a glimpse of Caesar's camp. I don't know how difficult it gets at the end. Even in HC mode I ignored survival, repair and those atmospheric skills.
It is worth it, but like I've posted before a lot of what it does is redundant with other mods available nowadays. But still, many JSawyer changes are unique, and being from the man behind the game design it counts as an improved "vanilla" experience.

opium fiend

Augur
No, I still get the message that stash items have been loaded into my inv. Nothing about Sawyer's mod. I have finished the char creation in hope that it will be corrected when I get the pip boy, but no.

edit: another thing, the in game "downloaded content" menu only registers DM and Courier Stash components and lists them twice. wtf

Last edited:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60314/?

60314-1-1444095805.jpg

60314-0-1444095806.jpg

60314-0-1444096485.png

60314-4-1440429444.jpg

60314-7-1440429444.jpg

60314-1-1440646588.png

60314-0-1440646589.png

Endemic

Arcane
I'm playing with jsawyer, Yukichigai Unofficial Patch and SPECIAL stats overhaul.

opium fiend

Augur
Is it me or Jsawyer's mod is weird? it gives you uber items at the start, like stealth boys that make Bison Steve a breeze; arms that imbecile at the gecko lair with a laser gun etc. All that makes for an easy early game, but when you're past Primm, it adds insane ghouls with energy weapons that one shot you or makes bandits able to do the same? Do I suck at the game or maybe I don't understand the mod? I appreciate the low weight capacity, but I don't like how every armor has a shitty DT. Though to be fair, I've read somewhere that Sawyer himself recommends not playing the mod on the hardest diff.

opium fiend

Augur
I don't know, I installed it according to instructions with Excidium II 's help. Works properly. Again, I like having to manage my gear, and paying the price of str 4. Bandit and merc armors are completely worthless in my opinion, nothing less than leather does the job. Even then, Jackals on the way to Nipton fuck me up in an instant and their gear is supposed to be of lesser quality. Do I suck? Should I just lower the diff or simply play vanilla and impose some restrictions on myself? How does the mod perform later in game?

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
Anyone tried Mod Organizer for New Vegas ?

It seems have a same function as Fallout Mod Manager and Nexus Mod Manager.
What's sort advantage if i'm using it and will it fuck up my load order somehow ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom