Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New to the Codex

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Racofer, I'll have to say this honestly.

That's a very good point and you are absolutely right. At this point, I am probably on your side.

Why do people play the "Obsidian didn't get a chance" card? They are fully accountable for the games they make. Chris Avellone himself admitted it was all his fault.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
How about the fact that most of us wholly agree on the VD review and it saves time to just refer to it? Especially since you haven't bothered to explain your position at all beyond the "I say so."

Pastel

Scholar
racofer said:
You can't even tell what is good about this game, you just accept it as part of the hivemind.
Actually I just don't care enough to explain it to you. I've made a thread about how it's better than PS:T back in the day, why should I repeat myself?

St. Toxic

Arcane
I'm with racofer on this one. He emits an aura of hostility which few others here possess, and that excludes him from any and all constructive processes.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Vaarna_Aarne said:
How about the fact that most of us wholly agree on the VD review and it saves time to just refer to it? Especially since you haven't bothered to explain your position at all beyond the "I say so."

Because you are doing the same thing.

VD says so.

Or better yet, "I say that VD said so."

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
racofer said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:

Because you are doing the same thing.

VD says so.

Or better yet, "I say that VD said so."
241164312cefb4df8a4e2a603207075a47500984.jpg

Wyrmlord

Arcane
OK, let's just forget the debate about the game's quality for a sec and go back to what started this: the camera.

If you tinker with the settings right, you can probably find the camera mode that works for you. Yes, that takes effort, but saves much more in the long run and the camera will not be a problem for the rest of the game. It worked for me. I am not a fan of NWN2's camera either. MotB gave options for customising it, and that was an adequate solution, IMO.

And as for poor optimization, yeah, the game runs slowly on low end systems. I am just lucky that I happened to buy a new computer with a 8600 GT at that time, and so, playing NWN2 was not a problem. It was disastrously slow in the computer I had just before, though.

Bugs, never faced them, before or after patches. I was lucky, I guess.

racofer said:
This "game" fails at being a game, in case you forgot it's a fucking game not a piece of literature
This holds true for other "story-driven games" I can recall. I'm not sure about MotB though, I bought a copy months ago but lack the enthusiasm to install it. Every time I consider sliding the DVD in the drive I'm forced to reflect on the monument to shittiness that is NWN 2 and my will to live slips away.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
The C&C is awesome, the storyline is fun, the soul sucking introduces some fun dilemma's and there are quite a few really cool/interesting npc's. Quests can be fullfilled in a myriad of interesting ways and the game offers a lot of replayability. Everything else is indeed less than stellar, but the good things combined make this a more than worthwhile rpg. Especially after the drought of rpg's we've had in recent years.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
It's true that the D&Dness of NWN2 is all that's saved it for me as a game, other than the excellent writing present in MotB.

It is a pretty shitty program in many ways.

Solohk

Scholar
N00bs just can't resist making a first post of HAY GUYS I LIKE RPGS AND OBLIVION SUX AMIRIGHT??????

How soon until Oblivion is traded for Fallout 3? Which will offer more Codex Cool Points?

racofer

Thread Incliner
That's a difficult question. I believe that in the first few months Oblivion with guns will be more popular, but eventually everyone will just make funny jokes on toddler and hines so it covers all sides.

Hmm, went to work and got home to see this thread, like many I have read, kinda ran it's course on it's own.

Anyway Fastpunk I did not mention MoTB because I have yet to play it and I do indeed plan to play it. Alas my PC didn't exactly run NWN2 as well as I would have liked but I do plan to enjoy MoTB when I update my PC. The camera thing in NWN2 did take some time getting used to and would say that was one thing I did not like. Well, mainly the only thing really for me. I read that some people do like KOTOR 2 but are pissed because Lucas Arts pushed the game out too early before the game could have been more polished. Despite that, I still enjoyed KOTOR2. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom