Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New to the Codex

Radisshu

Prophet
racofer said:
It's bad because it's a fucking awful game in every way.

NWN2 OC or MotB?

racofer

Thread Incliner
Oh yes, camera is so unimportant. User interface is so unimportant. Game optimization is so unimportant.

If I wanted story and dialogs I would read a book or watch a movie. This "game" fails at being a game, in case you forgot it's a fucking game not a piece of literature, and games are supposed to be playable, and this piece of shit isn't.

Radisshu

Prophet
racofer said:
Oh yes, camera is so unimportant. User interface is so unimportant. Game optimization is so unimportant.

If I wanted story and dialogs I would read a book or watch a movie. This "game" fails at being a game, in case you forgot it's a fucking game not a piece of literature, and games are supposed to be playable, and this piece of shit isn't.

Noone said it was unimportant, and we weren't even fucking talking about the GUI.

fastpunk

Arbiter
racofer said:
This "game" fails at being a game, in case you forgot it's a fucking game not a piece of literature, and games are supposed to be playable, and this piece of shit isn't.

Me and a lot of people actually managed to play it and finish it. Oh sweet Moses, imagine that! We played the unplayable!

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
racofer said:
It's bad because it's a fucking awful game in every way.
You could try to go into a bit more depth... Thus far you've only come across as simply "bawwwww" at every turn...

Radisshu

Prophet
racofer said:
If people are fine with playing garbage like this and thinking it's "OK" I can only laugh. R00fles.

Uh, right. And you compare it to fine titles such as..?

Pastel

Scholar
This camera was different from the Infinity Engine in that I occasionally had to rotate it when I was in a small dungeon, and I could zoom in when I wanted.
I never found anything bad with it. Racofer is a retard and should be treated as such (ie not given a fuck about).

Vaarna_Aarne

Pastel said:
This camera was different from the Infinity Engine in that I occasionally had to rotate it when I was in a small dungeon, and I could zoom in when I wanted.
I never found anything bad with it. Racofer is a retard and should be treated as such (ie not given a fuck about).
And I believe I have found all the evidence we need of that:

racofer said:
Could he be our Pretty Prince for our Pretty Princess?

racofer

Thread Incliner
Pastel said:
Racofer is a retard and should be treated as such (ie not given a fuck about).

Ok Lumpy, that means a lot coming from you.

Uh, right. And you compare it to fine titles such as..?

Oblivion, the best game in computer gaming history.

Wait, wasn't that what you wanted to hear? Because for a moment it seemed like that so you could troll me some more.

You could try to go into a bit more depth... Thus far you've only come across as simply "bawwwww" at every turn...

Oh, it's the "make constructive criticism" idea some people have. Well, how about: this game is a fucking pile of stinking shit? That constructive enough? How about you make some "constructive praising" for a change, instead of saying stuff like "this game has a great history! get it!" or "motb is TEH GAEM!!". I never see anyone making "constructive praising" for a game and most people are ok with that. But once someone bashes their little shinny game every butthurt fanboy comes and yells "AMKE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM OR GTFO N00B!1!!"

This is what this thread is all about now. A bunch of butthurt Obsidian faboys.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Pastel said:
Believe me, all this is his sole contribution to any NWN2 topic ever. And the guy was given a chance to elaborate, but he did not, strangely enough. It's sheer repetition. And to add it, the guy reacts with some hostility, for no apparent reason.

I just don't get it. Fine, so he doesn't like the camera in NWN2, but must he bring it up in every NWN2 topic ever, even when it is not relevant (like he did in the NWN2 NPCs thread)?

I don't even know what the guy is doing here. The range of RPGs he has played is extremely limited, and he doesn't much say anything about them that isn't already said.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Wyrmlord said:
I just don't get it. Fine, so he doesn't like the camera in NWN2, but must he bring it up in every NWN2 topic ever, even when it is not relevant (like he did in the NWN2 NPCs thread)?

Strange, I don't see such complaining on every Bioware/Bethesda/Blizzard (must be a B thing) bashing thread we see on a daily basis. Perhaps bashing Obsidian for their shitness is against the codex's "let me fit in" mentality.

Pastel

Scholar
racofer said:
Well, how about: this game is a fucking pile of stinking shit?
Okay.
racofer said:
How about you make some "constructive praising" for a change, instead of saying stuff like "this game has a great history! get it!" or "motb is TEH GAEM!!". I never see anyone making "constructive praising" for a game and most people are ok with that.
Yeah "MotB is great because it's from Obsidian get it and not Fallout 3!!!" was pretty much everything VD said in his review.

Radisshu

Prophet
Yes, and all the codexers love NWN2, so obviosuly teh hivemind loves everything obsidian makes.

Pastel

Scholar
racofer said:
Wyrmlord said:

Strange, I don't see such complaining on every Bioware/Bethesda/Blizzard (must be a B thing) bashing thread we see on a daily basis. Perhaps bashing Obsidian for their shitness is against the codex's "let me fit in" mentality.
There are no Blizzard bashing threads. The few there exist are mostly positive.
Most threads about NWN2, Alpha Protocol and Aliens RPG are very critical.
Bioware is criticized because they suck at writing games, not because of camera.

Vaarna_Aarne

racofer said:
Wyrmlord said:

No, it's because the dialogue, story, c&c, NPCs and occasionally fundamental gameplay elements (this is where designing the game too easy jumps in) are vastly superior to those of Bioware/Bethesda/Blizzard offer in RPGs. See: VD's review of MotB. Why MotB kicks so much ass has been gone through BEFORE a dozen times, while the OC opinion is mixed (though I've picked that it had a hilarious little "worse than Oblivion" fad at one point) to various degrees of like/dislike for various reasons.

As for earlier on... Unless you haven't noticed, the reasons why Oblivion sucks ass have been gone through SO many times before that everyone knows them by heart.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Believe me, bashing Obsidian is very much done here. Because MotB is the only good game they ever made. ;)

If we are talking about people who only have high praise for every Obsidian game ever made, then I can only think of Lestat, and no one else.

Besides, racofer, aren't you among the biggest Bioware/Bethesda bashers here? Because that's what most of your posts seem to be, in the first place. :P

racofer

Thread Incliner
Oh yes I'm. I just don't like when people get so butthurt about poor Obsidian. Fucking Lucasarts pushed them into releasing K2, then fucking Atari into releasing NWN2, now fucking Sega will push then as well. POOR OBSIDIAN!!!

The guys suck at making games, simples as that.

Vaarna_Aarne

racofer said:
Still waiting for constructive praising.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=159

There you go.

As for this thing about Obsidian "fanboyism of the Codex hivemind", it's really an individual thing really. I for one, espite the fact I've at least liked every Obsidian game, do completely agree that KotOR2 should not have been pushed out early by the dickwads at LucasArts, OC could have used more polish and finetuning on a number of things (along with cutting a number of the NPCs) and concur that MotB is one of the best RPGs ever (reasons as seen in VD's review).

Pastel

Scholar
Racofer, VD's review has been point out 3 times so far. Either explain how it's not constructive or shut the fuck up.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Oh, that's amazing!

Wait, it's not. See, you can't make "constructive praising", all you did is quote to a review. You can't even tell what is good about this game, you just accept it as part of the hivemind. You are incapable of exposing your opinion in here yet you bash me for "not making constructive criticism". ROFL.

I for one, espite the fact I've at least liked every Obsidian game, do completely agree that KotOR2 should not have been pushed out early by the dickwads at LucasArts

See, that's what I meant Wyrmlord.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Pastel said:
Racofer, VD's review has been point out 3 times so far. Either explain how it's not constructive or shut the fuck up.

It's not constructive as in YOU DIDN'T WRITE THAT. Yet you demand that I make a constructive criticism. Oh the irony.

RainSong

Scholar
Wyrmlord said:
Pastel said:
Believe me, all this is his sole contribution to any NWN2 topic ever. And the guy was given a chance to elaborate, but he did not, strangely enough. It's sheer repetition. And to add it, the guy reacts with some hostility, for no apparent reason.

I just don't get it. Fine, so he doesn't like the (...), but must he bring it up in every NWN2 topic ever, even when it is not relevant (like he did in the NWN2 NPCs thread)?

Change "NWN2" to "The Witcher" and "Racofer" to "DU". Is there any difference?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom