Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Rise of the Triad game!

• Thread starter Multi-headed Cow
  • Start date

Multi-headed Cow

Not gonna lie, got an erection during the Apogee logo.
Then I went flaccid during the floating around parts. Then I started getting hard again when it had whirling blades and floating pads and FUCKING ITEMS HOVERING IN THE AIR AND SPINNING AND WAS THAT SOME DRUNK MISSILE LAUNCHER I SEE? WILL IT HAVE GOD MODE COMPLETE WITH MOANING? OH GOD WILL IT BE HEAVAN!?!?

Probably gonna be shit. Gonna hope for the best. Hope they do more Apogee games because holy shit I played a lot of Apogee games back in the day. :bounce:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Well honestly the original wasnt that good so even if its awful game nothing will be lost.

potatojohn

Arcane
NdH8N.gif

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Lack of cover and regenerating health will make it the best shooter of whenever it's released, by default.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Tries to hard to be old Duke :/

I'd rather see shadow warrior revived. The world demands the return of Lo Wang!

Angthoron

Arcane
Holy shit, never thought I'd see RotT remade. Looks fast-paced if nothing else, if they just update the game for modern graffix and kb+m, would be damn awesome.

Tries to hard to be old Duke :/
Wat? RotT came out before DN3D.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I barely remember the first one. Guess it'll be good to have another non-cover based FPS on the market.

Most old shooters do not need a remake they need a proper source port. RotT runs well on DosBox with Game Launcher, so i really can't see the point. Oh wait, money, yeah.

Kahlis

Cipher
Whether the game can stand on its own merits will be another story entirely. Much of the appeal of the original ROTT for me came from the jazzy, upbeat MIDI music by Lee Jackson and the general wackiness and "feel-good" attitude you could tell Apogee had back in those days, which was exuded through the game. It really puts you in a nice frame of mind. It's great to see new fast paced shooters, they help to boost my (still overall declining) faith in the tastes of my fellow man, but at the end of the day when people want oldschool they just go back to playing/modding Doom and Quake.

Goin' Down the Fast Way!

Keep your MP3 soundfonts out of this thread! DOSBox FM-synth emulation!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1244212/owww.mp3

Luzur

Good Sir
well i still like the original so..maybe...

but i expect it to have been turned into some console shooter.

Phelot

Arcane
Never got into the original. I recall it had shit level design.

This trailer, though, actually looks decent, although it didn't look like the PC is getting hurt at all. Must be for demonstration purposes only... must be.

Kahlis

Cipher
I'm wary about the feel of the engine. Huge weapon viewmodels, narrow field of view...I can only hope that stuff is customizable, but then again these remakes can be very finnicky and more locked-down than the originals.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom