Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Purgatorio Trailer

xantrius

Liturgist
Shannow said:
Not expecting anything right now...

BTW Monty, will the factols', of the factions in Sigil, be the ones there are in the Factol's Manifesto . So will we be able to, for instance, interact, meet, succeed (through the course of the trilogy) them.
I mean I'll take out that impish Haskar, factol of the Guvners, in no time, I mean bloody 6 HP ...

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
Yeah the Factols will be from the books. You actually don't meet any of them in the first two episodes (iirc ), but they will play a part in the third episode.

Most of your faction interactions in Purgatorio will be with Factors, sort of middle-ranking/lieutenant types.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
I have another question: are the faction benefits in? The Dustmen's Dead Truce, the Hardheads' Charm Person, that sort of things? Should be easily done with History Feats.

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
The Purgatorio team is trying to be as accurate to source as humanly possible.

For example, Anarchs can pose as members of any Faction, so they can do things like freely gain access to any Faction-specific buildings, trade with any Faction merchants and the like.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
For example, Anarchs can pose as members of any Faction, so they can do things like freely gain access to any Faction-specific buildings, trade with any Faction merchants and the like.
:shock:
The Ultimate Question: is there a limit to Purgatorio's awesomeness?

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Planescape Campaign Setting said:
Benefits. The Anarchists’ power is limited but cunning. They can automatically pose as a member of any other faction without being detected. They don’t gain special abilities that are spell or training related (such as a Xaositect’s babble or a Cipher’s initiative bonus), but they can benefit from abilities related to position or title, including access to the faction’s headquarters.

Lumpy

Arcane
Starwars said:
Rhett Butler said:
Starwars said:
Don't forget about that example Monty... :P

:P
aiee.gif

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
Lumpy said:
Starwars said:
Rhett Butler said:
Starwars said:
Don't forget about that example Monty... :P

:P
aiee.gif

:codexdevil: :codexdevil: :codexdevil: :codexdevil:

Bradylama

Arcane
I know I'm late to the bandwagon here, but the trailer looks positively amazing.

Which planes can we expect to visit aside from the obvious?

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
Less combat heavy than the OC.

edit
As for what planes, I don't want to provide an exact list for a variety of reasons, spoilers, maybe it will change, etc. The planes depicted in the trailer include Limbo, Beastlands and Mechanus, so you'll definitely be going to those.

As for the example dialogs, I've not forgotten, its just been incredibly busy for me these past weeks and I got the flu for the new year as well which has slowed me down a bit. Once I catch up on things I'll be back to post some dialogs.

One Wolf

Scholar
Just want to say that this looks and sounds amazing. I look forward to playing this more than any new release on the horizon.

Good luck.

Texas Red

Whiner
Tell us honestly, MLMarkland, do you think the Planescape trilogy is better than MotB in a general way?

Radisshu

Prophet
This looks really cool. Great voice acting isn't really to be expected in free games (or ones you pay money for), so that "Get him" from the Harmonium guy didn't really throw me off either, and the other voices sounded good.

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
The Walkin' Dude said:
Tell us honestly, MLMarkland, do you think the Planescape trilogy is better than MotB in a general way?

Purgatorio isn't finished yet. Maybe when it is released I'll give as objective a comparison as I can.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom