Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information New Codex Eternity Rewards: In-game Presence, Chris Avellone Trolls and Signatures

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Update #17 is up,

With only seven days left on the Project Eternity Kickstarter, we want to start the last week off with some pretty incredible things to announce. You might not know that Brian Fargo is the guy who gave many of us our start in the games industry at Interplay – myself (Feargus), Josh Sawyer, Chris Avellone, Scott Everts, Brian Menze, Chris Jones, Chris Parker, Darren Monahan – and the list keeps on going from there. He also gave the guys who started a little company called Silicon & Synapse their first few projects – pretty crazy to think that little company is now Blizzard Entertainment.

Personally, we are incredibly thankful to him and for the second wave of Kickstarter attention he brought with Wasteland 2. But, Brian hasn’t stopped being the great guy that he is, and so, he’s helping us out by letting us add Wasteland 2 as a reward at our higher tiers. So, what tiers will that be? A lot of you have asked for a digital tier after $110, so we are adding a $165 Digital Only Tier. That means Wasteland 2 will get added to this new $165 tier and all the tiers above.

What we are also doing is adding the first expansion pack for the game to the $165 Tier (and above). The expansion will come out approximately six months after Project Eternity is released. That’s right, it’s not DLC, but a real honest to God RPG expansion pack. We don’t have the details on the Expansion yet, but you can bet it will be what you’d expect from an Infinity Engine game expansion.

With all that Brian has done for us in the past and his incredibly generous offer, we also want to kick something in. To do that we are now supporting the Brian's Kicking It Forward initiative. The Kickstarter community is pretty amazing and we want to help whomever we can be as successful as we have been.

For those of you that missed the announcement over the weekend, we will be adding another level to the Mega Dungeon if we hit 20,000 Likes on the Obsidian's Facebook page. We are getting close to halfway there!

That’s a lot for today, and we have so much more coming up tomorrow. Maybe some new stretch goals, maybe some new add-ons, or heck maybe all of that! Stay tuned all of this week as we ramp up to the Project Eternity Kickstarter finish next Tuesday, October 16th with an all-day live video stream from Obsidian. We are trying to get Tim to do the cooking!

Oh, and we also owe everyone an update that goes through everything you get at each of the tiers listed out with a bit more detail than we can squeeze in on the front page of our Kickstarter site. We will get that update out in the next few days, but to tide everyone over – we’ve attached the full concept for Aloth below.

maverick

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I just upgraded my pledge to $165. Must be mad.
Yeah, me too. Since I missed the Wasteland 2 kickstarter, this is a nice way of jumping on the bandwagon. I just hope the wagon doesn't end up going downhill :roll:

Btw DarkUnderlord, where is my race traitor tag? You've already got my begging PM D:

MCA
You should instead cut a deal for a Codex Grimoire to be carried by the party with exclusive Codexian spells instead of this items, equipment and weapons bullshit.

I just upgraded my pledge to $165. Must be mad.
Yeah, me too. Since I missed the Wasteland 2 kickstarter, this is a nice way of jumping on the bandwagon. I just hope the wagon doesn't end up going downhill :roll:

Btw DarkUnderlord, where is my race traitor tag? You've already got my begging PM D:

Stupid cock suckers, you could still get the boxed Collector's Edition version of WL2 at $150 at their website instead of this half-assed digital only shit:
http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/store

meh

Educated
So what's the current total? DU seems to be lazy to update or there aren't any donation floating in :?

Abraxas

Scholar
Patron
Codex 2012 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I think it would be a good idea to update the sticky on the front page with your pic and offer, as it certainly will draw some backers in.

Sure, fine with me if they do that, there's a higher change someone spotting it in the front page than here.

Tigranes

Arcane
Wait, so we're around 3300-3500, right? And that means we're going for three $1k rewards? I was gonna throw in some pocket change, but I guess there's no point unless we get to $4k, or unless I put it up to $50?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
In before MASSIVE butthurt and resentment towards DU because the kickstarter still has 7 days to go :smug:
Mine says 6 days, 2 of which are over a weekend. Minus the next day it's still open, leaves 5 - or 3 (as the weekend doesn't count), which is about how long a funds transfer to the account that'll be paying is going to take...

Mind you I might try that PayPal option on Obsidian's own site and do a direct transfer, if it will let me.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I donated 50 cents(it was all I had left on my prepaid card) to the cause but forgot to put my 'Commie' tag. Can I still get a Race Traitor?

Greg Martin, you'd better give me a tag or I'll complain to Paypal.

:troll:

Wise Emperor

Arcane
Why not leave codex donation open for longer and pay when it's ready, through PayPal on the Obsidian site? I would chip in later (0 credits right now) and I think couple of codexers would also drop some jewgoldz.

commie
Damn, DU is balding quickly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom