Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information New Codex Eternity Rewards: In-game Presence, Chris Avellone Trolls and Signatures

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
DarkUnderlord No need to close the fundraiser yet. Friday's the payday so some Codexers are still to contribute. Paypal donations at http://eternity.obsidian.net/ will likely stay open after Kickstarter is over, so why not run our fundraiser until Monday at least? I can ask MCA about that.

Tigranes You can still contribute $50 to get your name on a scroll.

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Okay, donated 50 dorra. I hoped to shoot for the collector's edition, but i'll settle for a boxed copy + contribution to the codex fundraiser.

If only this KS had starter earlier, and we'd have many extra days to donate, and we'd gotten the early rush of contributions instead of the long tail, and we'd gotten in the people who feel like they don't have to donate to the dex since they have already donated directly. Sadly, certain people(person) here is a failure as an administrator so we didn't do that.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
If anyone were actually dissuaded from donating by DU's antics, they should stop being such bitches and start thinking for themselves.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm sure MCA won't give a shit if the prestigious magazine gives its funds over the next few months even. We'd still get the Codex party. Look at W2, you can still get a shrine or other in game stuff if you decide to contribute now, half a year after the KS ended! Hell, Codex can probably start up another W2 shrine drive and have it completed in time! I daresay that Obsidian will follow the same route and since the game is slated to be released a year later than W2 then leaving such things open for extra funding is a no brainer. Just need to let the Obsidian bros know that we'll be a bit late and go all the way! Of course if the game was being barely funded it would be different, but like this?

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm sure MCA won't give a shit if the prestigious magazine gives its funds over the next few months even. We'd still get the Codex party. Look at W2, you can still get a shrine or other in game stuff if you decide to contribute now, half a year after the KS ended! Hell, Codex can probably start up another W2 shrine drive and have it completed in time! I daresay that Obsidian will follow the same route and since the game is slated to be released a year later than W2 then leaving such things open for extra funding is a no brainer. Just need to let the Obsidian bros know that we'll be a bit late and go all the way! Of course if the game was being barely funded it would be different, but like this?

This.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
If only this KS had starter earlier, and we'd have many extra days to donate, and we'd gotten the early rush of contributions instead of the long tail, and we'd gotten in the people who feel like they don't have to donate to the dex since they have already donated directly.
You can remove your pledge from KickStarter at any time. Many people did it for Wasteland 2 in order to back the Codexian KickStarter, as rewards like copies of the game and MCA trolls were announced.

Sadly, certain people(person) here is a failure as an administrator so we didn't do that.
I was actually away for the week the P:E KickStarter began, and unlike Wasteland 2 - where Fargo let us know they were considering a KickStarter months before-hand - Obsidian decided to do the stupid 'MYSTARY revealed in 3 days" bullshit.

I doubt there's going to be any major increase in funding. I keep hearing people who haven't donated reckon we're suddenly going to receive thousands of dollars in the next few days - or months - or years. We just need to keep it open longer!! It won't happen. Those who wanted to donate, have. Those who haven't, don't really want to - or are putting on conditions like "if it seems like we'll get close"... No-one did that for Wasteland 2 (which incidentally, I also closed a few days early to allow time for the funds to transfer).

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
Obsidian made a few nublet mistakes during this Kickstarter campaign. Generic races, generic classes, generic setting, announcing an expansion before the Kickstarter was even over, etc...

I still pledged and will play the shit out of the game though. Yes, I am a blind Obsidian fanboy.

Crooked Bee

Patron
I doubt there's going to be any major increase in funding. I keep hearing people who haven't donated reckon we're suddenly going to receive thousands of dollars in the next few days - or months - or years. We just need to keep it open longer!! It won't happen. Those who wanted to donate, have. Those who haven't, don't really want to - or are putting on conditions like "if it seems like we'll get close"... No-one did that for Wasteland 2 (which incidentally, I also closed a few days early to allow time for the funds to transfer).

Then keep it going until Tuesday at least. I'm sure we can get to $4k for a 4 character party.

It can't be too problematic to just keep this running.

Pegultagol

Erudite
Same here, persuading me with the cold hard deadline in blinking red no less. Well done, Mr.Brian Ware/George Martin. Obsidian has a work cut out for them to try to fantasize my name :M
Still hoping the total exceeds the goal, but probably real close to $4000.

If anyone were actually dissuaded from donating by DU's antics, they should stop being such bitches and start thinking for themselves.

Perhaps they should, but that's not how people work. Personally I try to act based on how things are, not how I wish they were.

You can remove your pledge from KickStarter at any time. Many people did it for Wasteland 2 in order to back the Codexian KickStarter, as rewards like copies of the game and MCA trolls were announced.

Could, yes. But in all things shopping and internet, convenience and impulse is king. By delaying you just missed both those, which is why you suck (among other reasons)

If we were to believe in the rational actor anyhow, donating to kickstarter is useless for anything more than the early discount, as your own donation is almost consequential in the large scheme of things. Donating the the Codex is completely irrational as you don't even get the copy... Which is why putting additional hurdles to doing it and not grabbing the moment while we had it was such a huge fucking waste. If people actually think this through they will end up not donating beyond the 20$ tier.
I was actually away for the week the P:E KickStarter began

Not away enough not to comment and say we shouldn't have it.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If we were to believe in the rational actor anyhow, donating to kickstarter is useless for anything more than the early discount, as your own donation is almost consequential in the large scheme of things. Donating the the Codex is completely irrational as you don't even get the copy... Which is why putting additional hurdles to doing it and not grabbing the moment while we had it was such a huge fucking waste. If people actually think this through they will end up not donating beyond the 20$ tier.
I think you confused rational with cynical.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy

I kinda managed to donate $20 dollars for an eternity copy and $ 20 for the codex fund raiser. Donating to the Codex is being a part of a community that is retarded, angry, salivating and perverted, but a still a community. This isn't some feed the kids in Africa donation FFS.

You don't really understand the point of donations. People donate, not because it's a rational thing to do, but because they want to.

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are we going to get the 30 copies even if we fail to reach the $5000 goal? I'm thinking of donating $50 or a little more but I'd like to know if that'll secure me a copy.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm greatly disappointed by the way in which Obsidian handled this KS campaign. And right now, I honestly don't care about the game, drip marketing and everything else, it is crap from start and probably until the end. Which means that DU's sarcasm is understandable.

But on the other hand, they seem to make a storyfag rpg with lousy combat, and considering years of bitching and reading the forums, I have to back this shit up. 80$ for codex and 80$ for KS.

PS. I'm the idiot with toro_ro in the email. I forgot to complete my details, again.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I guess I missed this somewhere, but what happens with that guy that pledged 5000 and reserved a spot for us? Will he retract his pledge? :didntreadthread:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom