Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter Nights - why are you guys so negative ?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"If you're a class that doesn't have trap skills, you pretty much have to take a henchman with trap skills along in the first act."

Simple not true.

As for the rest of the fun; keep up the good work everyone!

Sarvis

Erudite
Sheriff05 said:
When we are purposely flaming you for our own entertainment, it's not proving anything other than we are hard up for shits and giggles

Right. You're still proving my point, which is that you are too immature and retarted to post things about NWN without flaming people. I'm glad you enjoy trying to piss people off and being an asshole in general; that is one of the most asinine and retarded things I've ever heard and is a definate step backwards along the path of human evolution! Hell, you have the same kind of attitude as Bush! "I'm right, you're wrong so fuck off and let's start this war!"

ROLF!! yeah the original fan base is hanging around talking about "dragon age"..get a grip fucknut, Shit loads of original fans bailed by chapter 3 of the O.C and they saw how fucked up the mulitplayer was. I at least hung around until I confirmed SoU was of course the steaming pile I envisioned with a fucked up toolset that had the 2da's totally overwritten.

I didn't say all of them. But there is a number of them on the DA boards right now discussing shit, and even reminiscing about when they discussed the same shit during NWN's development. Sorry if that clashes with your little imagined history, but I can only report what I see.

Quick recap you fucking dullard, (yes people pointless , I know..sigh)

Yes, pointless because you do nothing but prove my point. You see, you could have recapped without calling me a fucking dullard, thus making yourself sound like someone with valid complaints instead of a whiny, pissed off 8 year old girl.

The toolset didn't do what it was supposed to do without tackling a learning curve
that's beyond what's expected of a "game" , scripting was too complicated for anyone other than those with C++ experience or those that wanted to learn.
And that's not was represented by Bioware during development.

Ok, you had many valid points there. Had you ever posted them rather than just flaming everyone in sight this discussion would have been over 4 pages ago.

However, I see this specific complaint a lot and am going to actually comment on it.

What do you expect? There aren't many options for them. They could have either made the scripting language like they did, or they could just make everything have basic generic behavior. This is the exact same decision they had with the graphics, and they went with the tileset because that made it much, much easier for people to build. Had they gone with the hand drawn maps everyone keeps saying they want it would have been far more difficult to build a module than even the scripting makes it!!

You can either have ease of use or you can have flexibility. This is true in pretty much all software. Bioware chose flexibility with their scripting, because otherwise modules really would be boring and repetative!

The list goes on and on, Bioware continously talked shit about what they were going to do with this game they never did, they took the easy out found drooling morons like you as their fans and took it all the way to the bank

Of course. After making some valid points you revert to calling everyone who likes the game a moron. You see, the thing is that none of the issues you listed affected me whatsoever.

I didn't want a multiplayer game, I've never even tried playing a dm'd game, and while the OC was mediocre at best I've had an immense amount of fun with fan modules.

Now, I probably wouldn't like the game either if my only concerns were the same as yours. However, they weren't. How does having different taste than you make me a moron?

Maybe you are the moron for only wanting a multiplayer game. I can't think of anything I'd be less inclined to pay for, especially considering that if I DO want to get my multiplayerRPG on I just go play a MUD for free. How dumb are you to want to pay $50 to do something you can do for free?

Now we have been over this shit, time and time again
I've tried to be nice (just kidding)
but you're too fucking stupid to get it.

No, you are too stupid to get my (clearly listed) point. I don't give a flying fuck that you don't like the game. I just think it's asinine that so many people around here cannot express that dislike without flaming some or all of the people who do like it. You, yourself, are the best possible example of this.

The game sucks, you're a fucking loser, The "fans" are drooling morons who worry about shit like having colored names on the PW servers, when the DM client still didn't work.
Bioware is now the fucking McDonalds of software developers, so please go back to the Bio forums and eat a chicken mcnugget out of some other fanboys asshole, then choke on it while you're beating off talking about "dragon age" :lol:
[/quote]

Your Mom charges a dime for that priviledge... and she's really not worth it so I'll pass.

Sarvis

Erudite
Exitium said:
How in Darwin's name did this thread get to be so long? Natural selection would have done away with it by now.

You'd think so, but everyone's so busy being an asshole they don't realize this thread will be over the moment they stop being asholes. Or just sstop posting altogether, which is really the same thing whenever NWN comes up...

Sheriff05

Liturgist
Sarvis said:
I didn't say all of them. But there is a number of them on the DA boards right now discussing shit, and even reminiscing about when they discussed the same shit during NWN's development. Sorry if that clashes with your little imagined history, but I can only report what I see.

well I didn't say "all' of them either

Sarvis said:
Ok, you had many valid points there. Had you ever posted them rather than just flaming everyone in sight this discussion would have been over 4 pages ago.

Hell, then we would have missed some great flames and no one's gotten flamed here but you, Sarvis
(maybe the thread initiator but he wisely choose not to pursue the whole
"why are you people so mean" angle as obtusely as you have.)
At this point your just saying the same thing over and over again page after page this thread has nothing to do with me, or anyone here at the codex or even NWN it's all about "you", so game over.

Sarvis

Erudite
Sheriff05 said:
Sarvis said:

well I didn't say "all' of them either

Sarvis said:

Hell, then we would have missed some great flames and no one's gotten flamed here but you, Sarvis
(maybe the thread initiator but he wisely choose not to pursue the whole
"why are you people so mean" angle as obtusely as you have.)
At this point your just saying the same thing over and over again page after page this thread has nothing to do with me, or anyone here at the codex or even NWN it's all about "you", so game over.

I've been repeating the same thing over and over again the ENTIRE TIME! You just caught on?

Oh, and you haven't been just regularly flaming me. You have been regularly flaming everyone who likes the game when you make statements like " The "fans" are drooling morons..."

I notice you had no response on the scripting issue either. But that's ok, I didn't expect one. Well, I thought maybe you'd call me a retart or sometjhing...

Sol Invictus

Erudite
The fans of NWN have every right to like NWN. There's no point in calling them 'retards' for their taste, so long as they don't push their favorite game on players who dont share their taste in games. It's not as if they're hardcore MMORPG players - those would actually deserve the title.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Sorry for butting in like this, but can somebody please teach Sarvis the use of the EDIT-button? I would, but I am busy at not hanging around with jerks. Thanks.

Also, I agree with Exitium, but some of the NWN-fans are real assholes sometimes. Guess there's nothing to do about that.

Sarvis

Erudite
Locue said:
Sorry for butting in like this, but can somebody please teach Sarvis the use of the EDIT-button? I would, but I am busy at not hanging around with jerks. Thanks.

Also, I agree with Exitium, but some of the NWN-fans are real assholes sometimes. Guess there's nothing to do about that.

Ok, why do I need the edit button?

I have edited a few posts where a quote block was messed up, but there's really no other need for it.

If it is because I'm making a new post for every reply, well that has nothing to do with the edit button. It's just easier to quote people individually than do all the copy/pasting by hand and this thread isn't worth that extra effort.

PS. I know there is a random [/quote] towards the end of my last post... but it isn't messing up the quote blocks themselves so I'm not bothering to fix it. Again, because this thread isn't worth the effort.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Sarvis said:

I have edited a few posts where a quote block was messed up, but there's really no other need for it.

If it is because I'm making a new post for every reply, well that has nothing to do with the edit button. It's just easier to quote people individually than do all the copy/pasting by hand and this thread isn't worth that extra effort.
Right. If this thread isn't worth the extra effort in avoiding the four-posts-in-a-row-sickness, I wonder what kind of threads you would find worthy. Since you're pretty much hanging around here (with no sign of leaving) I would be so bold to suggest that you probably even LIKE this thread. Showing off your skills, debating NWN and "proving" that the Codex-patrons can't put up reasonable arguments (which they actually have).

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Locue said:
Showing off your skills, debating NWN and "proving" that the Codex-patrons can't put up reasonable arguments (which they actually have).
Nobody gives a shit anymore...

Sarvis

Erudite
Locue said:
Sarvis said:

Right. If this thread isn't worth the extra effort in avoiding the four-posts-in-a-row-sickness, I wonder what kind of threads you would find worthy. Since you're pretty much hanging around here (with no sign of leaving) I would be so bold to suggest that you probably even LIKE this thread. Showing off your skills, debating NWN and "proving" that the Codex-patrons can't put up reasonable arguments (which they actually have).

Either way, it has nothing to do with the edit button.

As for what discussions would be worthy of that effort? Any discussion in which the phrase "fucking loser" does not appear might qualify...

I also said several times that I was enjoying this thread.

Lastly, a very small number of you have put up reasonable arguments. There's still only maybe 6 or 7 actual arguments against NWN in this 6 page long thread though. You may also notice that I _compliment_ people when they do post actual arguments, like when Jedi posted his and I said that was a good example of an actual argument as opposed to hte normal flames around here. My reward for that was to have Jedi start flaming me just as vehemently as Sheriff.

Sheriff05

Liturgist
Sarvis said:
My reward for that was to have Jedi start flaming me just as vehemently as Sheriff.

Hell yeah, Jedi is the man!

So now you're hangin around looking for compliments for your civility while having buckets of shit poured on you while we all stand around and laugh??

That's cool hopefully Rosh will show up. :D

Vault Dweller

Developer
Sarvis, reposting the same arguments over and over and over again is boring. Surely you don't expect people to start presenting detailed and thoughtful arguments every time somebody asks "what's up with nwn, guys?" which is like once a week.

Sarvis

Erudite
Sheriff05 said:
Sarvis said:
My reward for that was to have Jedi start flaming me just as vehemently as Sheriff.

Hell yeah, Jedi is the man!

So now you're hangin around looking for compliments for your civility while having buckets of shit poured on you while we all stand around and laugh??

That's cool hopefully Rosh will show up. :D

I wasn't looking for anything from Jedi. Luckily he proved just how juvenile you people are!

You're the one's laughing about all this? Heh... that's interesting. Yep, you keep proving yourselves to be more and more like 8 year olds. Shit, what am I talking about... you're probably 7.

I'm glad you are enjoying yourself while you prove everything I've said in this thread. Because in the end we both had fun, but I was right.

Sarvis

Erudite
A boring Friday afternoon, 3 bourbans and a few beers later and I've finally built up the courage to post here and ask for guidance. But I have lost my asbestos suit, so please take it easy on me.

Must not be just me if a first time poster is terrified of you people already!

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Some people are genuinely terrified of posting at the Codex because of the rabidity of some of the responses. The rabidity is sometimes uncalled for.

Vault Dweller

Developer
The rabidity is usually aimed at people who post without thinking and respect to others, so fuck 'em. Take this very thread for example, the original poster asked a question, and the replies were civil, even Sheriff who feels very strongly about NWN produced a detailed explanation (last post on page 1 for ref), then Sarvis hijacked the thread and started trolling and flamebaiting, while carefully ignoring posters (like Saint for example) who provided explanations.

Here are a few examples:
So what this boils down to is sour grapes because Bioware made the game accessable to more than just lonely D&D rules lawyers?
Why does everyone on this forum hate NWN so much?
Because they are mostly retards!
There... now I fit right in. WHEEEE!

Sarvis

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
The rabidity is usually aimed at people who post without thinking and respect to others, so fuck 'em. Take this very thread for example, the original poster asked a question, and the replies were civil, even Sheriff who feels very strongly about NWN produced a detailed explanation (last post on page 1 for ref), then Sarvis hijacked the thread and started trolling and flamebaiting, while carefully ignoring posters (like Saint for example) who provided explanations.

Here are a few examples:
So what this boils down to is sour grapes because Bioware made the game accessable to more than just lonely D&D rules lawyers?
Why does everyone on this forum hate NWN so much?
Because they are mostly retards!
There... now I fit right in. WHEEEE!

Yeah yeah, I'm the big bad unreasonably guy. Let's see... that first comment was just a very short summary of what Sheriff had said. What sheriff had said, in three paragraphs, was that Bioware threw out some ideas and then figured out some of them were bad and didn't implement them. Since some of those ideas were ones Sheriff liked, he now hates Bioware.

That second comment, and this is the second time I've had to explain it, was a dirrect mirror of the language xJEDx used to describe people who like NWN.

As for everyone being reasonable before I showed up...

We're negative because you're French. Thus it's hip (and rewarding) to hate you and anything you like.

The first of today's "Volourn proves he is a tool" posts! Man, it's as predicatable as watching The Price is Right on a sick day.

And NWN sucks. Sorry frenchie. I don't give a fuck if it lets previously unheard-of individuals make modules. Who cares? If they're too lazy to get up and join a good devhouse or program their own engine, I couldn't really care less about how good their ideas are.

Yeah, I love that... people who put in a lot of hard work for no real reward are lazy. Good call there! Nice and reasonably too...

Let's see what else was said before I came on the scene...

Well, this one is just after I started posting... but long before I had started calling you guys out:

xJEDx said:
Sarvis said:
the fact the most people I played with couldn't roleplay.
How is this NWN's fault?
Because it attracts mostly idiots?

Oh and here's another good response to a valid point I made:

baelstren said:
Sarvis said:
I bought the game specifically because of the ability to play fan created modules in single player.

Your Darwin Award is on its way.

You know, he STILL hasn't explained how I died because of buying the game for fan created modules...

Both of those responses are WAY out of line to anything I had posted at the time, so let's try to realize that and give up on claiming they only act like that towards those who deserve it.

EDIT: As for people like Saint posting valid reasons, I did not ignore them. I just didn't argue with them BECAUSE THEY HAD MADE VALID POINTS. They made their points, they showed how they didn't hate the game and they did it without flaming anyone unlike the people (including me at this point) that have dragged this thread on to six pages!

If I were trying to prove NWN was a good game I would have responded to those posts and NOT to Sheriff, Jedi, Baelstren and xJEDx's posts. That was not my intention, however. My intention was to show the instant hostility so many people around here display the moment NWN is mentioned.

Sheriff05

Liturgist
Sarvis said:
What sheriff had said, in three paragraphs, was that Bioware threw out some ideas and then figured out some of them were bad and didn't implement them. Since some of those ideas were ones Sheriff liked, he now hates Bioware.

No, that's not why you fucking dimwit, too bad you can't fucking read either..they didn't just throw out "some" idea's They developed them and presented them to public over the course of two fucking years! they changed the basic premise of the game NOT because they were bad ideas, but to cash in on BG2 Fanbase who were now the loudest and most obnoxious and who wanted BG3 (or another SP game) They didn't want NWN as it was being described and developed and since that wasn't logistically possible at that point for Bioware, NWN became the experiment to try to pacify and appease everyone. That's just the start of how Bioware jerked people around and SHIT all over the D&D license, and thats all before the game even came out.

I hope Jed, VD and the rest of gang come back and continue to eviserate your asshole like a pack of wild dogs, I'm done.

Sarvis

Erudite
Sheriff05 said:
Sarvis said:
What sheriff had said, in three paragraphs, was that Bioware threw out some ideas and then figured out some of them were bad and didn't implement them. Since some of those ideas were ones Sheriff liked, he now hates Bioware.

No, that's not why you fucking dimwit, too bad you can't fucking read either..they didn't just throw out "some" idea's They developed them and presented them to public over the course of two fucking years! they changed the basic premise of the game NOT because they were bad ideas, but to cash in on BG2 Fanbase who were now the loudest and most obnoxious and who wanted BG3 (or another SP game) They didn't want NWN as it was being described and developed and since that wasn't logistically possible at that point for Bioware, NWN became the experiment to try to pacify and appease everyone. That's just the start of how Bioware jerked people around and SHIT all over the D&D license, and thats all before the game even came out.

There were more people who wanted the game different from what you wanted, and so Bioware changed it to what they wanted? THOSE BASTARDS! How dare they create a game more people than just you will enjoy...

I hope Jed, VD and the rest of gang come back and continue to eviserate your asshole like a pack of wild dogs, I'm done.

But I thought you were enjoying this?

Of course, you couldn't even leave the thread without flaming me... just proving my point a little more. Thanks.

Like I said, we both had fun... but I was right.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"and thats all before the game even came out."

You sound like you knew what theyw ere doing before the game came out,a nd you bought it anyways. You are an idiot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom