Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Napoleon Total War

MetalCraze

Arcane
It's actually funny to see how true russian patriots fight over the question who has the bestest version evar of invincible Motherland's history.

oscar

Arcane
As much as I usaully lol at Hamster's views he's right on this one. The Russians (especially at this time) weren't the ill-equiped rabble they're often portrayed as. They did what they do best: keep it simple stupid, long term strategies.

Pull the French further in deeper, lure them in battles they shouldn't be fighting and wait for the inevitable withering of the army then push them back to whence they came.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Trash said:
Hamster said:
Please, don't try to defend the Motherland like that.

Fucking hell. It's a thread about a game, not some attack on the holy soil you were born on. :roll:
I expected skyway won't get the joke, but i thought you were smarter than that. I should pay more attention to custom tags. :wink:

Texas Red

Whiner
Hamster said:
I know you had good intentions but what you wrote is simply retarded. Please, don't try to defend the Motherland like that.

How so? Feel free to refute anything.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Hamster said:
Trash said:
Hamster said:
Please, don't try to defend the Motherland like that.

Fucking hell. It's a thread about a game, not some attack on the holy soil you were born on. :roll:
I expected skyway won't get the joke, but i thought you were smarter than that. I should pay more attention to custom tags. :wink:

A joke? You always show up whenever Russia is mentioned to rabidly attack, deny, downplay or glorify whatever subject is at hand.

Unlikable Cat

Novice
you would too if you had something to beat your chest about besides wooden shoes, windmills, whores, drugs, tulip market fluctuations, being taken over by spain, and chopping off limbs in darkest afrika

Erebus

Arcane
Annonchinil said:
-Russian artillery was probably the best in Europe fielding the most guns, the best guns, the best sights, the best horses, reciving some of the best leaders, training and doctrine.

I'm certainly no expert, but I've read that the french army was very good as far as artillery was concerned (being a former artillery officer, Napoleon relied on it a lot).

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Unlikable Cat said:
you would too if you had something to beat your chest about besides wooden shoes, windmills, whores, drugs, tulip market fluctuations, being taken over by spain, and chopping off limbs in darkest afrika

First genocide of the 20th century, home of the first international corporation, sailed up the Thames to crush the British fleet, fought 80 years with the Spanish and kicked their asses all the way, installed a Dutch sovereign in the UK and the stupid Brits bought all the propaganda and still think we liberated them, installed the only white regime in Africa that is still around in some form to this very day, discovered Australia, saw what a shithole it was and left, traded New York for Surinam (ok, that wasn't our brightest moment) made xtc the international drug of the 90's, were one of the biggest superpowers of the world in the 1800's during what is called our golden century, gave the world the art of people like Rembrandt and van Gogh and only left our Indonesian colony because those uppity Yanks threatened to interfere. These are just the ones that spring to mind. Can I now also be one of the cool rabid nationalist kids?

Deleted member 7219

Funny how none of the big gaming sites - Gamespot, IGN, Gamespy, 1UP, Kotaku, Joystiq, Destructoid, GiantBomb, Eurogamer - have picked up on this. You'd have thought they'd have 'Napoleon: Total War announced in French mag' in their news sections.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Those are Irish and are by defenition the niggers of Europe. We used the stupid fucks and instead of realising this they keep the fucking charade going even now. Apart from all this sillyness however there is finally some more news about the upcoming patch for Empire.

Hello everyone, today's update is about the upcoming 1.4 update.

The focus for the update has been AI, both campaign and battle along with improvements to sieges and the naval rebalancing. A lot of work has been put into the campaign and diplomacy AI, focusing on how it wages war, makes alliances and peace as well as use of naval invasions. Battle side improvements have been made to most areas of the AI with the focus on the siege AI which has had major changes made to it. Sieges have also had a lot of work done on them with a lot of bugs fixed, improvements made to pathfinding and how guns and troops on walls work.

Below is a list of some of the fixes that will be in 1.4:

- Fix for auto unlimbering causing the attack order to terminate prematurely resulting in an inability to stop the unit from firing.
- Fix for troops on fort walls not using fort gun range when judging when to fire on enemy troops.
- Fix for fort guns using wrong targeting formula.
- Fixes to fort pathfinding and use of ropes.
- Multiplayer soft lock fixes.
- Fix crash in quotes table.
- Cumulative updates to improve AI invasion behaviour.
- Bug fixes and improvements to AI counter offers.
- Improvements to AI diplomatic valuation of military access and alliances.
- Fix for wind sounds not working in naval battles
- Fixed ship wakes not always working.
- Fixed potential crash disembarking agents from navies.
- Fixed armies not being booted out of regions when losing military access gained by joining an ally in war.
- Improved AI diplomacy valuation of technologies.
- Fixed reinforcements from unreachable positions.
- Balance of power fix for attack of opportunity.
- Fixed bug that was causing issues with embarking an army containing multiple characters.
- Minor tweak to stop some ship sails endlessly play furling sound.
- Fixed path blocked bug (pathing into ZoC).
- Diplomacy counter-offer improvements.
- Fix for fast forward not working as intended on some PCs. Will always speed up if camera is still, if camera moves fast forward will be as fast as possible on each PC.

p.s. Mark say's hi everyone

Seems like the game is finally reaching a playable state.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Trash said:
Those are Irish and are by defenition the niggers of Europe. We used the stupid fucks and instead of realising this they keep the fucking charade going even now.
Don't forget that those Irish want to be English which makes them gay as well.

Texas Red

Whiner
Trash said:
Unlikable Cat said:

First genocide of the 20th century, home of the first international corporation, sailed up the Thames to crush the British fleet, fought 80 years with the Spanish and kicked their asses all the way, installed a Dutch sovereign in the UK and the stupid Brits bought all the propaganda and still think we liberated them, installed the only white regime in Africa that is still around in some form to this very day, discovered Australia, saw what a shithole it was and left, traded New York for Surinam (ok, that wasn't our brightest moment) made xtc the international drug of the 90's, were one of the biggest superpowers of the world in the 1800's during what is called our golden century, gave the world the art of people like Rembrandt and van Gogh and only left our Indonesian colony because those uppity Yanks threatened to interfere. These are just the ones that spring to mind. Can I now also be one of the cool rabid nationalist kids?

You once kicked the asses of the rest of the world and now you're the haven to the biggest population of Arabs in Europe.

L'ennui

Magister
"Don't forget that those Irish want to be English which makes them gay as well"

If you mean homosexual, then they can't be. Because that would require men. Look at any biology book, and you will see that all men have spines. ;)

Kaiserin

Liturgist
'Hey guyz, we're gonna have a multiplayer campaign mode what do ya'll think of that?'

'O well, it looks like itz gonna have to wait for a patch, don't worry though you know we love you'

'Hey look at our new unitz guyz, aren't they prettier than the last ones?'

'Okay, good news everybody, we're developing an expansion!'

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/61 ... l-War.html

http://pc.ign.com/articles/101/1014877p1.html

Oh dear, Napoleon is indeed a whole new standalone game which "builds" on the Empire engine, does all the stuff Empire did better, has more unit variation and more unit models, includes smoke and visibility, has crews repairing ships in the middle of battle and offers three campaigns. It also features CA fucking their customers royally up the ass.With Empire still a steaming bug infested turd they plan to release this new game next February. Most of the new content is stuff that could have easily been in Empire had that title been given a bit more attention and QA. Some of the new features (like the smoke drifting over the battlefield) have been implemented by mods since the earliest version. All that is really new are the three campaigns, which indeed do sound neat. All in all CA decide to work on a new game before the old one is even patched properly, is low on content and feels more like a beta build than a full game. The new game which in itself seems to be nothing more than a glorified expansion and which according to CA's track record and the short development time will almost certainly be filled with bugs. CA always have been shit when it comes to customer support and paying attention to the fan base, but this is reaching new depths. It really feels like being spat in the face when you spend money on Empire.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=288217

The people in the forums are not too pleased. This guy says it best.

Announcing this game now, while I haven't played Empire for four months because im waiting for a decent patch (one that makes Europeans actually land in India for example) leaves little to think about the way Sega/CA treat their customers.

It feels like a slap in the face. It´s not even an expansion. It´s a standalone game, which basically means that they aren´t really going to try fixing Empire at all. They have already put their team on a new project. On totalwar.com forums they announced that they will ´keep supporting Empire´. How about fixing it first and then supporting it?

Get ready for a new wave of hyped up articles and interviews guys. How we will see a revolutionary new AI, completely revamped diplomacy system and and an even more challenging game. Can´t fool me twice.

Tigranes

Arcane
Can´t fool me twice.

Unfortunately, just about everybody who bought Empire was, it seems.

Screw this, there's a limit to which making good games excuses continuous buttfuckery. NTW might well turn out pretty good if it's built on top of ETW, but fuck, I'll just help Paradox shift more units or something.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I've bought every TW game and expansion. Even have some of them twice because of that Total War Eras box and I found some collectors editions in bargain bins. Shit, I've even been stupid enough to pay for the DLC in Empire. That's how much of a fan I am of the series. Despite the shitty QA, the shit support for the TW games once released and the shitty attitude towards their customers and fanbase. Well, no more. This is just too much. Oh, I'll get it an hopefully enjoy it but this time CA won't see a penny of my money.

Trash said:
I've bought every TW game and expansion. Even have some of them twice because of that Total War Eras box and I found some collectors editions in bargain bins. Shit, I've even been stupid enough to pay for the DLC in Empire. That's how much of a fan I am of the series. Despite the shitty QA, the shit support for the TW games once released and the shitty attitude towards their customers and fanbase. Well, no more. This is just too much. Oh, I'll get it an hopefully enjoy it but this time CA won't see a penny of my money.

I'm in a similar boat. I've been a huge TW fan, and a huge supporter of theirs, and this feels like bullshit. As an expansion, I'm fine with that. Hell, everyone and their brother called the Napoleonic Wars as the first expansion when they heard about E:TW. Making it a standalone though makes me feel like I wasted 50 bucks on a buggy piece of shit. The shitty thing is, I'll probably still get Napoleon Total War because I do think it'll be a good game. Eh, maybe I'll pirate it instead.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I actually don't think it will be good if what they've said about the campaign structure is true. The entire concept of "narrative" is anathema to the series. To hell with bad support - I won't get it because it's a shitty entry in the franchise.

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm betting on 'cinematic narratives' to make it feel more 'epic'.

e.g. Age of Empires 3 campaign. :lol:

I assumed that a grand campaign would be included... but perhaps I'm wrong there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom