Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
RPG Watch preview said:
4-toon party

I have no idea why, but when ever I read the word "toon" as referring to the character, I just get fucking pissed and want to lobotomize myself with a pencil.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://pastebin.com/HT0nuagf

[19:02] <@Ubi-Nox> We are now preparing the answers :)
[19:04] <@LE-Stephan> The question was: "Are you going to change the way the movement is currently?" The answer is: We are aware that the movement could feel more smooth. When you keep pressing "W" there is always a small hiccup when you move from tile to tile. We will try to improve this. But for sureit will stay tile-based step-bystep mmovement.
[19:04] <@LE-Thomas> Do we have a patch date?
[19:04] <@LE-Thomas> The first will be come soon. I have no exact date yet.
[19:06] <@LE-Stephan> The question is "Will you guys allow modding after the game is done and out?" The answer is: Yes, we will release a modding solution for MMXL. We basically plan to release a full pack to give modders access to literally everything of the game. We have no exact timing on this yet but the game was developed all the way with modding in mind.
[19:08] <@LE-Stephan> The question is "I realize sounds are louder than music, will it be change?" Answer: Yes, it definitly has to change or we will go mad ourselves... ;) Right now the issue is that not all sound effects/music is "mormalized" and this needs to change eventually. In any case apologies for this and be ensured we are aware of it. For the moment please play around a little with the options menu.
[19:08] <@LE-Stephan> You can adjust the loudness there for effects, music and barks afaik.
[19:08] <@UBI-Julien> 2.-The music on main menu is epic, but in Sorpigal Town the music pass unnoticed. Many users think the music has to be more epic. => We wanted the atmospheric music to not feel too intrusive. However there are different musics in different areas, and some places will definitely feel more epic than others :)
[19:09] <@LE-Thomas> 1.-Will the engine be optimized? The players have tested the game with many machines, some of them can manage perfectly games like Bioshock on high graphics presets but in MMX give us many drops fps on mid-high graphics presets (<20 fps) even with lows resolutions.
[19:09] <@LE-Thomas> Until release we will keep optimizing the game. Especially the big outdoor world level will get attention.
[19:12] <@LE-Stephan> The question is "Ability to turn (not move across tiles but turn on the same tile) during enemy movement?" The answer is: Interesting idea - I can´t answer this right here. Nevertheless we are already looking into options to speed up the enemy movement. Basically we want to reduce the "idle" time between players and enemy turns. For sure there will always be some idle time but at the
[19:12] <@LE-Stephan> moment it just feels to long and we need to improve it.
[19:12] <@LE-Thomas> righto, what about bug reports / general requests and not so much questions?
[19:12] <@LE-Thomas> Bug reports are always welcome but please post them in the bug report forum.
[19:12] <@LE-Stephan> The question was "Will a paperdoll be added, similar to MMHVI-VIII?" The answer is very straight forward: No.
[19:14] <@LE-Stephan> The (german) question was "Wann werden die Händlern aktualisiert ? Ich brauche dringend Rüssis" which basically transaltes into "when do the merchants restock - I need new armor". The answer is: With the upcoming patch the merchants will restock their offers. The eta for the patch is "soon"(tm). ;)
03[19:16] * Atrius (Atrius@124.182.213.129) has joined #mmxfeedback
[19:16] <@LE-Stephan> The question was "Enemies sometimes stack on the very same spot on the same tile and their models overlap completely - cannot select target". The answer is: It´s a straight forward bug and eventually it will be fixed. We are aware of it and for sure it´s not intended. ;)
[19:16] <@UBI-Julien> "In my opinion the live on sorpigal and around is a bit poor, static and mechanized, statics villagers, 2 seagulls, etc." => First of all, do not forget the game is tile-based. Having people walking around would create a lot of issues (would the player bump into them? would they walk based on the turn system like monsters?). Regarding the wildlife,
[19:16] <@UBI-Julien> while we do intend to add touches of life throughout the game what you describes is beyond the scope of the game. Regarding fantastic creatures, even in Ashan you obviously don't meet griffins and dragons in every village :)
[19:16] <@LE-Thomas> 4.-Will anisotropic and antialising filters be availables in the game?
[19:16] <@LE-Thomas> We are planning to add more graphic settings to the final game. Also Antialising is on the list.
[19:18] <@LE-Thomas> I think I read on your earlier feedback that unconscious characters will, in a later fix, heal up when the party rests, is this true?
[19:18] <@LE-Thomas> yes
[19:18] <@UBI-Julien> "Currently I'm missing an in-game clock, will there be a game dialog with the current in-game time? For example 9:28 am on Onesday " => There is a Ashan calendar that should be implemented later on, probably as a tooltip on the clock. It will also display the time.
[19:18] <@Ubi-Gary> The question is: "ok, then, one more question - do i make separate threads for each problem in the bug report forum? i have a list of about 10 items that need fixing". The answer is: Before reporting issues, please make sure to browse forums first as similar issues could have already been reported. Then, it would be really great of you to create 1
[19:18] <@Ubi-Gary> separate thread for each issue, as our Tests team will check all bugs, will try to reproduce them. So it's easier for them to follow up on your issues.
[19:19] <@LE-Stephan> The question is "Hello will monsters become weaker, im up again naga lord.- he can instant kill my group with one hit". The answer is: We are aware that Mamushi is really a tough guy for some players. While we are quite happy with the fact that he is not an easy kill, we are are monitoring it. In general what you should do is visit Den of Thieves, improve your party and restock with some
[19:19] <@LE-Stephan> pots as soon as the merchants are working. ;) In any case I can confirm it´s possible to beat him! ;)
[19:20] <@LE-Stephan> The question was "whether this is really a 20% card or she will be more ?" The answer is: I am not sure if I understand the question... ;)
[19:20] <@UBI-Julien> "Why can't you put a mule inside a mule since the first one is empty? " => For the same reason a woodchuck would chuck no amount of wood since a woodchuck can’t chuck wood. And I hope that closes that subject once and for all :)
[19:21] <@LE-Thomas> When shopping for new armor it is hard to compare what they currently have with what is in the shop, unless I am missing something. Will there ever be a tooltip or some way to compare armor and weapons before purchasing them?
[19:21] <@LE-Thomas> We have it on our player feedback list. We will try our best to get it into the game.
[19:21] <@UBI-Julien> "Will you make a option.- so they system can be lil M&M6. my dad think its laggy when walking " => No, but we're working on making movement smoother, see Stephan's answer above.
[19:22] <@Ubi-Gary> The question is: "Which country is getting boxed game? ". The answer is: "Right now, the Box Edition is available only through Uplay for players who buy the Early Access Edition. This offer is available only in United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain, Italia, Poland, Australia, New Zeland, France, Norway, Sweden, F
[19:22] <@Ubi-Gary> inland, Denmark.
[19:23] <@LE-Stephan> The question was "hi, are there any plans to change mana consumption or regeneration?". The answer is: Please consider the current spell costs and the spell balancing not final. Due to the fact that there is not enough mana potions ingame (again the damn merchants) and the time is passing to fast we have an issue with mana regeneration. I think that "mana costs" for spells is one of the
[19:23] <@LE-Stephan> top priorities for the next balancing round.
[19:24] <@LE-Thomas> i have currently a pretty ugly bug which renders my latest savegames useless: i can not leave lair of thief because the game crashes as soon as i try
[19:24] <@LE-Thomas> Sorry for that. If you didn't done it already please open a topic in the bug forum and also post a link to the log file of the game directly after game crashes.
[19:24] <@UBI-Julien> "How important is the writing of quests and characters to you? Can we expect some more ʺflavorʺ-text in upcoming iterations of the game or is the current state what it's going to be like in the future for the whole game? " => We're trying to stay close to the Xeen games in that the player is not swamped with lore and fluff at every turn, but there'
[19:24] <@Ubi-Gary> The question is: "Would it be possible to change manually the translation files in the future?. I found a few problems with the Spanish one.." The answer is: "It is already possible actually. As some of you already noticed, a lot of files are not crypted or serialized, so you can just edit them by hands, using a text editor or Microsoft Excel."
[19:24] <@UBI-Julien> s already more flavour texts in MMX (for instance the Lore Books) than in most of the previous MM games. Of course only a small fraction of it appear in the Early Access version :)
[19:25] <@UBI-Julien> "Will the quests keep the current ʺsidemissionʺ character or will they be incorporated into a bigger narrative? " => There is definitely a bigger narative, but it only comes to the forefront as the player progresses. Many of the quests are not directly related to the big story.
[19:27] <@LE-Johannes> "Will towns have different amount of rations" -> The amount of rations is related to how much the party is able to carry and you should be able do refill it in any town (but prices change per ration)
[19:27] <@LE-Stephan> The question was "hi, my question is: 20% of the game is on early excess playable, is it count on only 20% of act 1 is useable or is act 1 20% of the game? (cause act 1 is true short)". The answer is: I have a difficult time answering something like this in percentages - I rather leaves this to marketing. ;) From a gamer´s perspective I think that Act One is the smallest part of the game
[19:27] <@LE-Stephan> so the upcoming parts will be "bigger". From a content perspective Act One is pretty much done as it is aside from polishing/fixes and some smaller changes.
[19:27] <@UBI-Julien> "I hope later areas are far more open - currently gameplay is highly linear; in the early M&M RPGs ʺgrindingʺ was necessary and possible; furthermore there were different dungeons early on. This is a lot like the beginning of M&M VII which was highly linear (and not really typical for M&M). " => Early Access is Act 1, which is our ʺtutorial areaʺ,
[19:27] <@UBI-Julien> basically the part where you learn how to play the game. After that, you'll be free to go wherever you want in the Peninsula (well, in some cases you'll need to find some Blessings first)
[19:27] <@LE-Thomas> Hi all. I had my blast with the early access version and I like how you take the community into feedback. Glad being part of that. My question is, have you already considered a respawn mechanic? In my opinion, with the overall feel. A system like in MM III -V would fit best.
[19:27] <@LE-Thomas> Yes, we are planning a respawn mechanic. At the moment we have already spawns depending day/night.
[19:28] <@Ubi-Gary> The question is: "How many language version are there?". The answer is: "The Early Access is currently available in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Russian, Portuguese/Brazilian and Romanian (thanks to our great Localization Manager who's doing EVERYTHING himself!). In addition to those languages, we'll implemen
[19:28] <@Ubi-Gary> t Japanese, Chinese and Korean in the future."
[19:29] <@LE-Stephan> The question was "Will the treasures be better as the game goes on?" The answer is: Yes - of course. You would be pretty screwed with your newbie daggers in the later Acts... ;)
[19:30] <@UBI-Julien> "Any chance we will see more (color/hue) variations of the same dungeon-tiles? Den of Thieves and the Castle looked very samey. " => If you've fully explored Castle portmeyron you might already have found some areas with variant colours. So the answer is yes.
[19:31] <@LE-Thomas> Would Windows 8 be the best for MMX?
[19:31] <@LE-Thomas> Win 8 is okay for the game. You can also use Win 7 / Vista. We are not officially supporting it but you should also be able to use Win XP (if you update the windows media player first).
02[19:31] * NoName (NoName@109.169.31.3) Quit (Quit: http://www.kiwiirc.com/ - A hand crafted IRC client)
[19:31] <@Ubi_Irina> вопрос о том "первый акт действительно 20% карты ? И будет ли она увеличена? " эта карта представляет 20% от игры, то есть еще 80% игры будет выпущено позднее
03[19:32] * Zedar (Zedar@109.169.31.4) has joined #mmxfeedback
[19:32] <@LE-Stephan> The question was "hh, will you implment some soft of co-op system? Ergo, have you and a friend play the game but you controll each a 2 character party only. And the dialog comes up as soon as someone talks to an NPC ergo like in Baldurs gate does when you play onlne?" The answer is: No - it´s not going to happen within the scope of MMXL. But as a side comment let me add that I think it
[19:32] <@LE-Stephan> would be the happiest developer ever if we ever could do something like "Bloodwych" with the real split-screen gaming. Boodwych was a hell of an awesome game! ;)
[19:33] <@UBI-Julien> "Also: How will Act 2 and following work if the world supposedly gets more open? " => Pretty much the same way as in World of Xeen and other Might & Magic games. ;)
[19:33] <@Ubi-Gary> The question is: "Will the voice overs be translated in French?". The answer is: "The game will be fully localized in French, but only texts. Voice overs will be kept only in English."
[19:34] <@UBI-Julien> "Will the English language be British or American? " => We aim for British English, and our proofreader is British as well, but it's not always as simple as it sounds :)
[19:34] <@LE-Stephan> The question was "Will there be some sort of MP/HP-regeneration other than potions/resting?" The answer is: Definitly yes. What is really missing in the Early Access version is various interaction options with the enviroment. We are missing stuff like wells, shrines and other interactive objects which have positive (like regeneration/buff) or negative impacts on your party.
[19:35] <@Ubi_Irina> вопрос о том "Будет ли респавн у мобов в игре ? Ну и у сундуков тоже со временем? " Нет - про сундуки, про мобов все еще в обсуждениях, пока не ясно
[19:35] <@LE-Stephan> The question was: "Can I put my dead character in mule?" My question is: Why the hell would you want to do this?
[19:36] <@LE-Johannes> "Will there be more variations of the same dungeon-tileset" -> Yes, you can already find some variations in the den of thieves (e.g. modified/glowing moss). But there will be for sure more forms of variations and combinations (depending on the style and content of the dungeon of course)
[19:38] <@Ubi-Gary> The question is: "Do you plan to implement initiative during fights in the future, like in MM3?". The answer is: "Initiative was not part of the game design, as we think a great game can be developed without this feature. Though, it would still be possible to implement it if we consider it as mandatory to enjoy the game.".
[19:39] <@LE-Stephan> The question was "Was the Unity engine a budget solution, or was there a technical reason to go with it? With Ubi backing the project, I can't imagine why Unity was licensed and not another option." The answer is: a) We discussed a lot about modding. We think that Unity gives us a lot of opportunities in regards to modding as it has a huge community b) We actually think it´s a really nice
[19:39] <@LE-Stephan> engine/framework to develop with. We feel comfortable with it.
[19:39] <@Ubi_Irina> Вопрос о том, что игра вылетает: нажмите CTRL+ALT+R, так вы сможете продолжить игру
[19:40] <@UBI-Julien> "will the rate of equipment breaking be changed? or does it change with higher tiers of gear? after 3-4 battles there is always something breaking " => The breaking system is currently, well, broken ^^ But it will be fixed ASAP. The better the equipment, the lower the chance it will break.
[19:41] <@UBI-Julien> "Minor question - is the overworld map sectored like the older M&M games? I.e., A-E, 1-5 or is the world map one big area now? " => It's one big map area like in MM3-5.
[19:41] <@LE-Stephan> The question was "Will there be an option later to zoom the map? Sometimes it is difficult to see on higher resolution monitors as the map squares are too small." The answer is: This feedback is duly noted. Honestly I think we have not considered it (the zooming) but I can pass this request to the team. But the chances are rather slim to be honest. What is worth mentioning is that we plan
[19:41] <@LE-Stephan> some improvements to the map. Actually it ws one of the top request from players so we have to look into it.
[19:42] <@Ubi-Gary> Question: "Please, remove the question if somebody "really" wants to enter. I feel this is a bit inappropriate for immersion. How do you think about that? ;-)" Answer: "Basically, keeping or removing the question are both good solutions. Some players like to confirm as they sometimes press the wrong key at the wrong time, whereas others are always
[19:42] <@Ubi-Gary> 100% sure of what they do. Funny thing is that we read that players are asking for confirmation while resting... Basically, we'll never satisfy everybody! ;)".
[19:43] <@UBI-Julien> "what do you think about implementing a ʺclassicʺ secret dungeon with pixellated surroundings and enemies with goofy animations when they get hit (like in MM4)?" => That would be a huge amount of assets to produce. But we're thinking of something for retro-lovers... You'll have to wait and see :)
[19:43] <@LE-Stephan> The question was "Are there any chances you gonna change dialog/text boxes and make them in Heroes style
[19:43] <@LE-Stephan> It gives much more comfortable reading. If not - could you give as an option for changing font size/scaling dialog boxes? " The answer is: As the previous question I answered this feedback is duly noted. I will pass it to the team. I don´t think we will make huge changes to the general dialogue layout but if the font size is really an issue we need to consider doing something. But no
[19:43] <@LE-Stephan> promise on a quick solution here...
[19:44] <@LE-Thomas> Can you tell us what improvements will be made to the map? Notation, zooming, etc.
[19:44] <@LE-Thomas> In the next iteration of the map/minimap we will add more feedback (for example icons which shows the type of the shop)
[19:45] <@UBI-Julien> "Ok, this is a big of a silly question. But looking at the old Thief game you can find a hidden room with a Quote book from Developers which are mostly funny quotes they done during the making of Thief. Will you guys implement such a things? Hidden easter eggs of jokes and fun? " => There are already a few easter eggs and developer allusions to be
[19:45] <@UBI-Julien> found in Act 1, and there are many more in the game as a whole. It's kind of a Might & Magic tradition actually :)
[19:45] <@LE-Stephan> The question was "Could you give us an option for adjusting font size?" The answer is: Ok, this seems to be a frequent request here... It´s not planned afaik but once again be ensured this request is noted down now.
[19:46] <@LE-Thomas> Frage: teilweise nach längerem spielen wird das schlafen gehen symbol nich curiert nach dem schlafen oder nach dem besuch bei der Kirche. Sowie, ein KO gegangener Held, soll beim Ruhen wieder heile sein, ist der fehler bekannt und aufgenommen ?
[19:46] <@LE-Thomas> Mit den nächsten Patch werden beim Ausruhen mehr Conditions geheilt. Auch KO charactere sind den Zustand nachdem Ausruhen wieder los.
[19:46] <@Ubi-Gary> Question: "I notice that even if we can't see hidden passage, automap show these hidden passages. Is it normal or is it a bug?". Answer: "Basically, the mini-map still needs a lot of work and polish. It's only our first iteration, allowing you to play and enjoy the game. We'll give you more details about the design soon on the blog.".
[19:46] <@Ubi_Irina> Вопрос о том "Будут ли алтари загадки как в предыдущих версиях MM? " На данный момент этого и правда не хватает, но загадки в игру будут добавлены в дальнейшем.
[19:47] <@UBI-Julien> "will obelisk treasures return`? " => Yes, I think we already confirmed that in the last dev chat ^^
[19:47] <@UBI-Julien> "We see any alchemy in game? " => No.
[19:48] <@Ubi-Gary> Question: "Please, have you any news on availbility of boxed version in CZ, SK, HU, CA and US?". Answer: "As I previously said, the Box Edition is not available in those countries for many reasons (related to Ubisoft and not Limbic Entertainment). Ubisoft is currently trying to find solutions about those countries, but we cannot commit nor comment
[19:48] <@Ubi-Gary> for now.".
[19:48] <@LE-Stephan> The question was: "I have noticed going to repair equipment it will say nothing broken to repair but the next hit my equipment will break. Is it random or is there a durability number on equipment?" The answer is: There is no durability number attached to items. We have a break chance. Unfortunatly there is a nasty bug in the Early Access version which leads to A LOT of broken equipment.
[19:48] <@LE-Stephan> This will be adressed with the upcoming patch. I think we have a posting on the open dev blog explaining the details a little more. Just have a look there.
[19:49] <@UBI-Julien> "Will the logical issue of the castle being surrounded by dead knights yet entrance being denied based on ʺlack of invitationʺ and a ʺsudden attackʺ later on be fixed? " => It will be fixed.
[19:49] <@LE-Johannes> "in mm6-8 you could find a dungeon with all the developers inside. any plans on repeating this?" -> Well, we definitely need a place for some really tough enemys ;)
[19:50] <@UBI-Julien> "regarding the assets for a retro dungeon, cant you just rip the sprites from older games? " => It's never that simple ;)
[19:50] <@LE-Stephan> The comment was "I did not like it that I can already see all the spells in the game. i hope there will be more of them and i mean it like this" The answer is: Right now only novice and expert spells are implemented. Later on in the game you will find the master/grandmaster spells.
[19:51] <@LE-Thomas> Release date of the game is early 2014 and we can see on Early Access the ton of work left to finish. Will you have time to finish it for early 2014?
[19:51] <@LE-Thomas> The early access version will not be patched until the release with new features but not with all the final game levels. So even our early access fans have some surprises on release day. ;)
[19:52] <@UBI-Julien> "also will there be more voiced lines added? sometimes in combat I get a lot of repeated lines (great, now they're shooting at us... great now they're shooting at us...) " => Not all barks are implemented yet, and their behaviour is not final.
[19:52] <@Ubi-Gary> Question: "Boxed edition will be available only on UPLAY or in traditionnal shop? If not, if sales are succesfull, could you decide with your editor to sell the game in boxed version in traditionnal shop?" Answer: "The Box Edition is only available through Uplay so far. Releasing it in traditional Retailers is not planned so far."
[19:52] <@LE-Stephan> The question was "In World of xeen, in a shop, music was different. In M&m X, there isn't different music betwwen shop and exterior. Can we expect a change of final version?" The answer is: Ok, we can pass this feedback along to the team - no promise tho. I actually do not know how much of the different music themes is currently implemented in the Early Access.
[19:53] <@LE-Thomas> Frage: stehen die einzelnen klassen die aktuell geschlossen sind fest ? wenn ja welche :)
[19:53] <@LE-Thomas> Dazu wird es bestimmt in der nächsten Zeit ein Update auf unseren Open Dev Blog geben. :)
[19:54] <@LE-Stephan> The question was "Request: Mamushi was a hard dude, but even if I´m the only one on that I didn´t felt he is overpowered, once I got the trick. But give him more XP please, so it feels more rewarded when beaten him." The answer is: XP distribution could definitly be better in te current version. Reviewing monster, quest and boss XP gains is something we need to do. Please do not consider
[19:54] <@LE-Stephan> the current XP gains as final/polished.
[19:55] <@Ubi_Irina> Вопрос был: "Будут ли книги заклинаний , вместо изучения их у нпса? может пропустил ранее, если отвечали" Нет, система планируется как в ММ4 и ММ5, то есть без книги заклинаний
[19:56] <@UBI-Julien> "Will rare items require a high skill level? For example, will ʺlegendaryʺ items only be usable by masters/grandmasters in the corresponding skill? " => Some items need a certain level in a skill to be used, but it really depends on the item AFAIK.
[19:57] <@UBI-Julien> "What I burn to ask you, team, is will there be obelisk puzzle? " => see answer above ;)
[19:57] <@LE-Thomas> Being able to turn turn-based fighting (and moving) on and off like in MM6 - Might this be implemented? his will surely be a success for anyone, customizing the experience of the game.
[19:57] <@LE-Thomas> No, that is not planned and will most likely not be implemented.
[19:58] <@LE-Stephan> The question was "Is more content (side-quests, monster variety, puzzles, interaction objects) planned for Act 1 (i.e. the area currently in the preview) or will more come up in later patches?" The answer is: Monsters variety: currently in discussion, so a maybe. interaction objects: definitly, puzzles: small small maybe. But just to be sure: Dont expect an entirely new Act One area. It´s
[19:58] <@LE-Stephan> all about improvements and polishing there. One of the bigger things missing is the merchant in the outdoor world (it´s the merchant cart on the way to Portmeyron).
[20:00] <@LE-Stephan> The question was "in might and magic 6-8 if you were rich and left a shop without buying anything, the merchant would insult you? any chance this will happen in MM10?" The answer is: Yeah, you are right! Can´t promise anything but we coudl at least discuss it here in the team. ;)
[20:00] <@Ubi-Gary> Question: "Static Screens (Inventory, Bestiary, Dialogues, etc., I guess) lack animation and are ugly (at least, less pretty than in MM6 or MM4-5). Do you expect to improve them, by adding some animations?". Answer: "Saying the UI is pretty or ugly is a point of view. We would not argue with that! ;) So far, we didn't read a lot of players complain
[20:00] <@Ubi-Gary> ing about UI. Some of them are even saying Might & Magic X - Legacy UI is quite good and similar to previous titles. So, we don't intend to improve the UI in terms of graphics, but we'll do our best to improve its accessibility for sure.".
[20:01] <@UBI-Julien> OK one last one for the road : "please add some cats to the game! " => Well if you played Heroes VI you might know there is a Temple of Meow somewhere on Ashan... So who knows... :p
[20:02] <@LE-Johannes> "are the screens that appear when you enter a dungeon going to change?" -> Right now we are focussing on the dungeons itself to get a really nice touch and feel for each one. Then we will try to have a look at the entrance scenes again.
[20:03] <@LE-Stephan> The comment was "serious question - do chests/barrels/shrines with loot always contain pre-set items or do you have a list of items that can be spawned in them? will i find SLIGHTLY different loot in different chests in separate new games with new parties?" The answer is: First off an apology - once again please note that we are not at all happy with itemization in the Early Access version
[20:03] <@LE-Stephan> ourselves. In regards of balancing/polishing the itemization in MMXL is a high priority. Please be patient with us but be ensured it will be improved/changed.
02[20:04] * MadScientist (MadScientist@109.169.31.4) Quit (Quit: http://www.kiwiirc.com/ - A hand crafted IRC client)
02[20:04] * coltrek (coltrek@184.249.113.121) Quit (Quit: )
02[20:04] * Mardn (Mardn@87.146.10.22) Quit (Quit: )
02[20:05] * KF (KF@84.73.153.244) Quit (Quit: Going offline, see ya! (www.adiirc.com))
[20:05] <@Ubi-Gary> Getting back to "Static Screens". Actually, Isleofterra was referring to 2D Indoor Scenes (for shops, temples, etc.). We'll most likely do some improvements about lighting, but nothing really major.
02[20:05] * Aurellon (Aurellon@72.135.16.186) Quit (Quit: )
[20:05] <@LE-Thomas> TBH. I don't get why the on/off turnbased combat shouldn't be implemented. Personally I don't have patience for the turn based combat, unless ofc you could change the action and animation speed
[20:05] <@LE-Thomas> The game is developed around a turn based system and all mechanics are also turn based. A change here would require a rework of nearly the entire core game loop, which is not really great for a release date early 2014. ;)
02[20:06] * duchU (duchU@109.169.31.3) Quit (Quit: http://www.kiwiirc.com/ - A hand crafted IRC client)
03[20:06] * Landbark (Landbark@109.169.31.3) has joined #mmxfeedback
02[20:06] * mikebe (mikebe@134.99.90.32) Quit (Quit: )
[20:07] <@LE-Stephan> The question was "Also, what where Rangers supposed to do/be like? So far they seem like the worst class to pick." The answer is: For sure they are supposed to be better ... ;) We got a lot of complaints about the ranger and in fact you are right that right now they feel fairly weak *cough*. Discussions about this already started.
[20:08] <@LE-Stephan> In addition to my last answer: dwarves > rangers anways....
[20:08] <@UBI-Julien> I agree with the above statement. Dwarves > All. :p
02[20:09] * Landbark (Landbark@109.169.31.3) Quit (Quit: http://www.kiwiirc.com/ - A hand crafted IRC client)
[20:10] <@LE-Stephan> The question was "Wird das Spiel bald flüssiger laufen. Momentan scheint es mehr Ansprüche zu haben als Battlefield 3 (mit hohen Einstellungen)" The Antwort ist: Wir sind mit der aktuellen Performance ebenfalls nicht zufrieden. Alles was ich im Moment sagen kann ist, dass wir das Thema "Optimierung" auf der Liste haben. Timings stehen aber afaik noch keine fest.
03[20:11] * Observer (c@178.24.129.36) has joined #mmxfeedback
[20:11] <@LE-Stephan> The question was: "Will fleeing from battles once you are locked in melee-range/on an adjacent square to melee enemies be a option in the future?" the answer is: As far as I know at the moment this is not planned.
02[20:11] * Observer (c@178.24.129.36) Quit (Quit: Verlassend)
02[20:12] * Atrius (Atrius@124.182.213.129) Quit (Quit: )
[20:12] <@LE-Stephan> The question was "Could you provide a list of debugging-hotkeys/features not documented properly yet? (Like <ctrl+alt+R>)" The answer is: I can pass this to the team. Maybe we can give some more insights on the open dev blog.
02[20:13] * DE-ClaraZufall (DE-ClaraZu@79.255.138.195) Quit (Quit: )
[20:13] <@LE-Thomas> A question about modding - be nice if this is too early to tell, but I´m curious: Will modders be able to import new assets (so to speak if anybody wants to remake MMIII and needs a model for the "Scorpia" monster or something like that)? ;-)
[20:13] <@LE-Thomas> You will be able to create levels with your own assets. Regarding the integration of new monster models it is too soon now to tell.
[20:14] <@LE-Stephan> The question was "What I burn to ask you, team, is will there be obelisk puzzle?" The answer is: We like obelisks! I would keep an eye open what might happen in the future to our ingame obelisks. ;)
[20:14] <@LE-Johannes> "Are you gonna make hidden stashes and crates?" -> It will be definitely worth looking for (interactive) secrets :)
[20:14] <@LE-Stephan> Ok, that´s it from me today! ;)
[20:16] <@UBI-Julien> I'm leaving too. Have a good evening everybody :) Have nice dreams full of might & magic ;)
[20:16] <@Ubi-Gary> Leaving too! Bye all, cya around!
[20:16] <@LE-Thomas> Thanks everybody, bye!
[20:17] <@LE-Johannes> I´m off too. Good bye everyone!

Zeriel

Arcane
Too much winks and smiley faces.

Developing a traditional Might & Magic game is serious business.

might-and-magic-darkside-of-xeen_11.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/791091-The-heart-of-Might-and-Magic

The heart of Might and Magic...
...Has always been, at least for me, the sense of FUN.

It's never been about realism, highly balanced gameplay or serious drama, it's just about having fun. It's oddball and silly. In comparison to the grimdark games these days it's refreshing to play something that doesn't take itself too seriously.

I hope the Legacy team continues this tradition and adds some of the bizarre humor that's so prelevant in the series. I'll be terribly sad if there isn't a single Monty Python and Star Trek reference.
tongue.png

Don't worry about fun. I made the mistake of peering in the game files and yeah. There will be a ton of fun.

Actually, no need to go look into those files. Just Sorpigal has a few hints of what awaits. Really. It shouldn't be a problem, at all.

I actually wished it was just a tad bit more serious, but that's just me.

Oooh.

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
There's a lot of interesting stuff in the script files, there's a "Tomb of 'Thousend' Terrors" that is intended to appear somewhere on the world map, and the aforementioned "Supreme Temple of Meow". Haven't seen any Star Trek jokes yet.

Themadcow

Augur
I like what I read but what's the deal with archers not being able to use bows if the target is in melee range for the rest of the party?

What do you mean "rest of the party". It's a blobber.

Maybe he expected a Wizardry-like backline?

Yeah, I've always been a Wizardry and Bard's Tale man so the idea of having a party set-up where you don't have front and rear party members (with the latter being able to use ranged attacks) is a bit foreign to me. I've played about 20 minutes of the M&M series.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Short interview with Julien Pirou at the Might & Magic Wikia: http://mightandmagic.wikia.com/wiki...Might_&_Magic_X:_Legacy_Creative_Designer_Q&A

With the release of Might & Magic X: Legacy getting closer (Early 2014), we had the M&M Wikia community cook up some questions for Ubisoft's Julien Pirou, Creative Designer on MMXL. Here's what he had to say!

Why have you decided to include fans in the developments of MMXL?
JP: We have always been working with our community. For Might & Magic X, we started to work with a small group of VIP fans (influential fans within the community i.e. webmaster of a fan website) who have done a great job of influencing the game development and have given great feedback. Recently we have been inspired by the philosophy of indie video-game developers who have defined a new way of presenting their games and entertaining the community, so kudos to them! Therefore, today we want to start collaborating with a larger community and open the door to everyone.

Is it possible for the adventurers to affiliate with different factions so they can side with one side and the other becomes the antagonist and vice versa?
JP: There will be some choices along the way, but not drastically different quest lines since it would not have fit in our planned scope for the game. However that’s something we’d love to bring back in a future, more ambitious game.

In Dark Messiah of M&M Sareth was able to use environment to defeat his enemies. Will this be implemented in MMXL?
JP: As you know Dark Messiah was a real time FPS game, with 360° movement. On the other hand, MMXL is a turn-based, grid-based RPG. So there won’t be the same kind of “real time” interactions as in Dark Messiah. And sadly the characters won’t be able to learn the “Almighty Megakick” skill.

In MM: Heroes VI and it’s XPs, we can see that some characters have made a re-appearance from previous M&M games. Will some of the characters also make an appearance in MMXL?
JP: A few characters from Heroes VI return in Legacy, as well as some classic characters from the series and a couple of surprises. It’s up to you to recognize them ;-)

After MMXL is released, what are the plans for the M&M series? A pause perhaps?
JP: With the Early Access launch, we still have a lot of work to achieve but we are very happy with the first player’s feedbacks. We will do our best to consider each player’s feedback in order to create the best Might & Magic experience possible. The Might & Magic RPG series is just coming back from a 11-years absence, so there are many things we hope to do before it takes another pause. Adventure is not finished yet!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
In Dark Messiah of M&M Sareth was able to use environment to defeat his enemies. Will this be implemented in MMXL?

Fucking idiots have no shame. Basic, five-second research will answer this question.

Bilgefar

Savant
Why have you decided to include fans in the developments of MMXL?
JP: We have always been working with our community. For Might & Magic X, we started to work with a small group of VIP fans (influential fans within the community i.e. webmaster of a fan website) who have done a great job of influencing the game development and have given great feedback. Recently we have been inspired by the philosophy of indie video-game developers who have defined a new way of presenting their games and entertaining the community, so kudos to them! Therefore, today we want to start collaborating with a larger community and open the door to everyone.

This, along with the Codex piece on how the devs can talk in detail about the old games, is so refreshing to see after the Thiaf debacle. A developer, working for a major publisher to make a reboot of a beloved series, actually takes notes on what the fans of that series want. What a novelty!

groke

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera BattleTech I'm very into cock and ball torture
This, along with the Codex piece on how the devs can talk in detail about the old games, is so refreshing to see after the Thiaf debacle. A developer, working for a major publisher to make a reboot of a beloved series, actually takes notes on what the fans of that series want. What a novelty!

Pirou, himself, was a regular poster on Celestial Heavens. A Thief reboot that had hired from TTLG could have done no wrong.

Caim

Arcane

Pirou, himself, was a regular poster on Celestial Heavens. A Thief reboot that had hired from TTLG could have done no wrong.
I couldn't help but read that as TTGL.

Because that would make a whole different kind of Thief game.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Stabwound

Arcane
Wow, I didn't realize Pirou was basically hired from the MM forums. I just creeped his Celestial Heavens account and saw that he's a pretty legit MM fan who'd fit in pretty well here. Wouldn't surprise me if he did have an account here.

OV5U9em.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Wow, I didn't realize Pirou was basically hired from the MM forums. I just creeped his Celestial Heavens account and saw that he's a pretty legit MM fan who'd fit in pretty well here. Wouldn't surprise me if he did have an account here.

OV5U9em.png

There's no Marzhin on the Codex, but he does have an account on NMA (hasn't logged in for years).

Zeriel

Arcane
I just broke eight weapons in the same fight.

Oh, patch! Wherefore art thou?

sser

Arcane
Developer
I don't think that means what you think it means.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom