Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

narupley

Scholar
If they can find a way to eliminate the exploits/kiting, like snapping to the underlying grid when in active combat, that'd be ideal.
Wizardry 8 has real time, free roaming exploration and turn-based combat. As does Thunderscape from '95, though that game kinda blows. No snapping to a grid nonsense either.

If they were going to do a free roaming game like VI-VIII I'd prefer they kept the option of real time combat precisely because of the exploits and cheesing tactics it allows for. That's half the fun of playing those games.

I also agree with this to a point. Yes they are exploits, but you didn't HAVE to use them if you didn't want to. But if you did, using them was seriously fun as hell.

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I got a nice mail this morning informing me my boxed edition is on its way.

:bounce:

aleph

Arcane
Wtf is it with all these people who want to play "oh-so-old-school" games but already balk at grid-based? Fucking hipsters.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/technical-information

2. “DAY ONE” PATCH RELEASE

By taking advantage of the digital release of the game, we have been able to keep working on Might & Magic X even after the disc versions of the game were sent to manufacturing. This means the versions found on disc will be outdated compared to the latest version.

Whether you have downloaded an Early Access version of the game or ordered a physical copy of it, a day one patch is mandatory to be able to access the full game. This update will automatically start when you launch the game on 24/01 (on Steam & Uplay).

/!\ Important note: This is a huge update (around 8GB)! A lot of new content has been added, alongside many bug fixes & balancing in order to provide the best possible experience. You can consult the patch notes here:
  • Implemented some improvements to optimize game performance
  • Balanced the game, in terms of monster placement and values
  • Modified Monster AI
  • Changed the red hammer to a yellow hammer when items are worn
  • Modified the range combat, allowing all ranged attacks to be used while being in Melee Combat, reducing damage to 50%
  • Modified minimap behavior: Red Dots (showing where monsters are) are displayed only when Danger Sense spell is activated or after getting Arkath’s blessing. Red dots are still displayed while enemies are in Melee Combat
  • Modified door opening behavior: Opening a door is considered as the end of the party’s turn, meaning monsters can immediately move / attack
  • Implemented right-click to cancel buffs applied to the party
  • Allowed players to rotate the camera during monsters’ turn
  • Added sound settings in the Options menu
  • Added graphical settings in the Options menu
6. COMMUNITY AND EXCLUSIVE DUNGEONS

First of all, those dungeons are NOT part of the current release. We decided to postpone them for a future patch, in order to meet the deadline and focus on the core game experience.

However, we are working on them as we speak and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

8. GAME OPTIONS

We repeated ourselves a lot, but the game has really evolved a lot since the Early Access version. The best concrete evidence of its progresses is surely the options of the game.

Here are the differences between the options of the Early Access version and the full version:
  • Game options:
Difference between the Early Access version (on the left) and the full version (on the right)

Technical_game_comp.png

• Graphics options:

Difference between the Early Access version (on the left) and the full version (on the right)

Technical_graphic_comp.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've never seen another game with so many strange anti-aliasing options. Hey Limbic, tell us what they all mean and which one is the best!

Last edited:

Mightmagic

Augur
Most people played MMVI-VIII in turn-based mode though. Real time is just for mowing down mobs (or strafing with bows to kill a dragon).
We have our spiritual successor to Xeen, if there's an MMXI it should be fashioned after MMVI.
Please, no.
MMXI must stay in the same vein like MM III,IV,V,X.
We have already been told it will almost certainly not be turn-based if there is one. Basically, they wanted to make an homage to the earlier games, but they also want to make more games like the more recent ones.
Realtime was shit.
They don't say that MM XI was not turn-based.

System config
Important note: Might & Magic X on a 32-bit OS

Might & Magic X – Legacy officially supports the following Operating Systems: Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. We cannot guarantee the game will work on previous versions of Windows.

Furthermore, we recommend the use of 64-bit Operating Systems.

32-bit versions of Operating Systems cannot use more than 4GB of memory, adding up RAM and VRAM (here is a great article on Gamasutra explaining why 64-bit OS's are required for gaming!). Thus, while the game definitely works on a 32-bit OS (using the right settings), we had to implement software limits to make sure the game will fit this memory limit.

While running the game on a 32-bit OS, here are the limits:

• Texture Quality is limited to MEDIUM
  • Party Barks, Monster and ambient sounds are not available
  • Voice over is not available

Therefore we definitely recommend running the game on a 64-bit Operating System to fully enjoy the experience provided by Might & Magic X - Legacy.
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• Disk: 10 GB free
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 2.5GHz OR AMD Athlon 4800+ @ 2.5GHz
  • RAM: 4GB [or more]
  • GPU : nVidia GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD3870 (512MB VRAM)

MEDIUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 2.5GHz OR AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ @ 2.5Ghz
  • RAM: 4GB [or more]
  • GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX260 or AMD Radeon HD4870 (512MB VRAM)

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.4GHz OR AMD Phenom x4 @ 2.3GHz
  • RAM: 6GB [or more]
  • GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX470 or AMD Radeon HD6870 (1024MB VRAM)

PERFECT SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 2.4GHz
  • RAM: 8GB [or more]
  • GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 670 or AMD Radeon HD7970 (2048MB VRAM) [or more]

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Wait, the Ranger counterpart for humans is a... Crusader? Wat.

The format is Might/Magic/Hybrid, not Fighter/Mage/Rogue, so the Ranger is the equivalent of the Archer class in the older games, and I guess Crusader is a Paladin.
I think this is how the classes are divided:
_______Might________Magic_______Hybrid
Human_Mercenary_____Freemage___Crusader
Elf_____Blade Dancer__Druid_______Ranger
Dwarf__Defender_____Rune Priest___Scout
Orc____Barbarian_____Shaman_____Hunter

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Hooray, an 8gb patch! Knowing Unity engine, it's most likely the whole game again. Even better is that it "automatically starts updating"... 8 gigs...

poetic codex

Augur
I wanted boxed copies for my kickstarter games because of the physical goods such as cloth maps, artbooks, and manuals. The game disc itself is easily the most worthless item in the box because in this day and age going gold just means stable beta.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Whether you have downloaded an Early Access version of the game or ordered a physical copy of it, a day one patch is mandatory to be able to access the full game. This update will automatically start when you launch the game on 24/01 (on Steam & Uplay).

I thought the release was this coming Thursday, which is the 23rd. Did that change?

Alchemist

Arcane
On Uplay, after uninstalling, I only have the Early Access Version as Download available

--->Different logo campared to the instructions:
https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/technical-information
Technical_Download.png

So I just reinstall the early access again? Do i need to reinstall it again?? Or is it now a different "early access" which updates itself to full game in 2 days??? Confusing...
I think the final release download won't be active until release day - so right now you're just re-downloading early access again. On release day you'll have to uninstall and re-download again probably. At least that's what I gathered from the instructions in the blog post.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom