Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Gozma

Arcane
guys i lvled up fire magic to master and water to expert and cant find any spells for these lvls in sorpigal and seahaven..?help pls

I can't remember about fire but there is no water spell besides the starter until you get to the pirate town (which is locked up behind a bunch of orc fights IIRC) for some reason.

Cadmus

Arcane
ok thanks! I thought that only the GM spells were specific to the trainers

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
There is a M & M bundle that has this in it as well as some of the Heroes titles on Steam for 75% off for today only.

Luzur

Good Sir
I just want my horse armor Arcomage DLC.

You may be in luck, GreatEmerald over at Heroes forums is making a Arcomage clone:

So, after a bit of a break, I decided to go back to the Arcomage project. Since I want to revamp my Arcomage Clone game (SDL 2.0 has been released not long ago, so got to make use of that, plus D's support for it became much better as well), I'm starting by updating the command line version of the game. The updated source is in my git repository at the moment:
https://github.com/GreatEmerald/Command-Line-Arcomage
No binary builds yet, I want to sort a few things out first. Feel free to compile it yourself or look at the code (it's super simple, made to be a sort of a usage example for libarcomage).

Changes from last time include updating to the new libarcomage API, some readability improvements and boolean questions accepting "y" as a valid answer.

Some things I want to try out is the ability to create custom decks via Lua scripting (I'm thinking of a Touhou inspired deck), and also have a near feature parity with MArcomage. CLArcomage is a good way of testing new decks without worrying about possible bugs in the graphical frontend. If someone wants to try and make their own Arcomage decks, now is a good time, too (and it's quite simple!).

Oh, and a bit off-topic, but just a note that I've recently finished Heroes Chronicles: The World Tree on my YouTube channel, and am getting very close to the end of MM2: Gates to Another World
smile9.gif

btw, where has QUOTE gone too? all i see is spolier tag?

Durwyn

Prophet
I hope HoMM will sell like hot cakes so Limbic is given more freedom/faith/funds from UBI to create MMXI. Legacy was great but felt "squeezed".

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Just finished MMX and Unicorns. Pretty nice, had fun murdering stuff for 50+ hours. Even managed to kill Uplay in the Limbo dungeon.
Must say, the Seering Rune stacks and is so awesomely overpowered, i basically runed all the big mobs in the late game with no trouble. Also is it intentional that enemies cannot shoot/cast through "Poison Cloud"?

Too bad the sales were shit - as indicated by the dramatic "end of chapter" blog post and by first DLC being last. I bought on day 1 just to vote for the genre, but it's a real democracy out there in gaming - only shit gets elected.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If they want my money, they'll need to first remove the broken uPlay shit from the steam version.
I have principles.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I wonder if sales would have been better without Uplay or whether it's really that the target audience is too small and Uplay only bothers old gamers

at least I had a lot of fun, but I still miss the SF elements

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Uplay does bother me, for example. Would not tolerate for some "good for what it is" game, even if mildly interested. MMX was kinda must buy.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
I agree - Uplay is absolutely fucking terrible. Luckily for me I don't care about any of their other franchises, so I don't have to deal with it any longer, and they might have improved it by the time MM XI comes out.

Snozgobler

Educated
I always find it weird that people have such issues with Uplay. It's literally only once that it's had an issue for me, and that issue was solved by them patching (or rolling back, not sure which) ~1h after the issue appeared.

If anything, I find the ubiquity of Steam and the plague of achievements and trading cards to be more annoying. I'm a habitual hoarder/completionist, so the cards needing me to interact with other people or pay to get a complete set irks me no end. I don't see it as particularly different to crappy F2P tactics to get someone to pay, or some lame social invite mechanic from a Facebook game. I know it's my choice to want to collect all this shit, but I'll complain about it anyway!

I should really find the time to get to playing M&M:XL, I've been playing my way through M&M:HVI since I heard that seven was on its way, but I may just stop that for now and play this instead.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Uplay is beyond terrible (fucking thing always try to update itself...) but works perfectly offline, unlike steam. For me at least, steam won't launch even offline time to time.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Would love to buy it but i have had so many problems with Uplay that i wont buy a game that have it. But damn i want to play this X_X

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah, I flat out refuse to install UPlay (and never will). Using STEAM as a DRM is completely fine for me, I see absolutely no reason why I have to install ANOTHER DRM system, and I refuse to.

Thus the reason I will never purchase or play this game (or ANY UBISoft game), until there is a LEGAL UPlay free version of this I can purchase. IF they ever provide that kind of version, I would love to play this.

I even pre-ordered Stick Of Truth BECAUSE it was the only UBISoft game that did not have UPlay.

I let Publishers know how I feel about UPlay with my wallet.

Snozgobler

Educated
I'm not saying you're wrong to hold your own views on the matter, but in many ways Uplay is less restrictive than Steam. Buy a Uplay game on Steam? Can't play it unless Steam is running. Buy a Steamworks game on Uplay? That's cool, just register the code once, then you never need to turn Uplay on again and can simply play through Steam.

I've heard horror stories about dealing with Uplay, but I've never experienced them. It's possible that that's because of the games I play (I've never played any AC, FarCry or Anno games), but for me, Uplay has been no harder to install or maintain than Steam. Personally I'd prefer it if there were no DRM at all, but if DRM does exist, I have no issue with there being more than one platform for it. Monopolies are rarely good for the consumer.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Again I DON'T care if UPlay is easier or less restrictive. I CHOOSE to use STEAM DRM and am I am just fine using it. UBISoft does not currently allow me an option to purchase this game with ONLY STEAM DRM. Of which, I will continue to never purchase this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom