Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Heroes of Might & Magic 7

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
quote.png

It'll be officially announced at Gamescom in 16 hours: http://mightandmagic.com/gamescom14/

Since we don't even know what genre this will be, I'll put this in General Gaming for now.

Last edited:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
IIRC Limbic didn't make 6, that was another studio that Ubi drove to bankruptcy or something, and then Limbic were asked to step in and finish the game as well as develop the expansion.

I'm pretty sure it'll be Limbic who develop it, though I didn't play 6 (maybe I should; everything about it indicated decline but maybe I was wrong) and until they announce more info I'm not sure what to expect.

Repressed Homosexual
What should be expected is an even more dumbed down game with even more over the top "edgy" dark fantasy elements, and the only saving grace will be the Paul Romero and Rob King soundtrack if they return. This series should be considered dead apart from the New World Computing stuff and Heroes 5.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I really hope this will be good. Miracles can happen in the year of incline.

But probably won't :(

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
HoMM6 was developed by a hungarian studio previously known for that shitty Warhammer RTS, Mark of Chaos I believe it was called. The game was unbelievable, irredeemable shit (probably both the studio's and Ubi's fault) and studio was ran to the ground by Ubi.

If 7 is more or less 5 I won't mind. Nothing beats the third part, of course, but the fifth was pretty good on its own, even though it had atrocious graphic design and ran awfully slow.

Martius

Liturgist
Cant wait for conflux 2.0, messed up saves, less resources and many other innovation ubisoft can bring up!

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I want to believe, I want to believe, I want to believe, I want to believe, I want to believe

:negative:

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
As long as they get Romero and King to do the soundtrack again, I don't care how shitty it is. Those guys make magic.

whitemithrandir

Erudite
I don't know why they deviated from the successful design goals in 2 and 3. 4 was a bit of a clusterfuck, but it's pretty obvious they went out on a limb with that one. 5... 5 was odd. It tried to do a lot of the stuff 3 did right but the mechanics just weren't quite right.

6, though... I know it's got its problems, but mp felt faster paced, and the art, at least, was better than 5.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Run this franchise to the ground, Ubi. Ruin it good.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

They are still insisting on that shitty art style... Let's see if they'll make a better game than 6th. Which is not a hard achivement.

Edit: I have some faith in Limbic after MMXL but none in Ubisoft.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Update: The M&M Twitter feed says this should work: https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog

Looks like they're doing "open development" again, MMX style. With voting and stuff. Limbic confirmed as developer:.

https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/what-is-the-shadow-council

WHAT IS THE SHADOW COUNCIL?
Beyond the development of a new game, it is a real passion we would like to share with you all in the following months. Be prepared to discover all together the strengths, new features and insights of the next Might & Magic® game: Might & Magic® Heroes VII.

Those who are following us for a while might already have recognized OpenDev demarche we launched with Might & Magic® X - Legacy, however, we want today to go even further.

Join us right away to obtain the latest news and exclusivities of the title, exchange with the dev team but also truly influence the game with impactful votes: starting right away with the Sylvan vs. Fortress vote!

More than ever, we want to work closely with you, be as transparent as possible and give you the floor. We know how ambitious this might sound but this isn’t our first try now and even if not everything might be perfect, we have the will to do the best all together!

WHAT CAN I DO WITH THE SHADOW COUNCIL?
The Shadow Council give you the possibility to make your voice count, especially through different votes that will be proposed along the months but also the ability to comment and exchange on all website pages! Furthermore, you will be able to follow the progress of Might & Magic® Heroes VII game development, obtain insights about the upcoming features, the team and more, and way more!

HOW DO I JOIN THE SHADOW COUNCIL?
Everybody can join the Shadow Council, you just have to connect with your Uplay account or create a new one. Therefore, you will be able to participate to all votes or exchange with the rest of the community and the team.

This investment will also be rewarded as you are going to see in the following months, you will be able to customize your account, unlock achievements, avatars, titles etc. Other bonuses are to be expected but it is way too early to unveil them today…

WHO IS BEHIND THIS WEBSITE?
We are the Might & Magic® team, a tasty mix of Limbic Entertainement and Ubisoft team members who will keep you up to date of all development details and answer your questions. We will of course take the time to introduce ourselves in near future.

WHAT IS THE STORY BEHIND THE SHADOW COUNCIL?
In order to make the experience even more enjoyable and prepare ourselves to enter little by little into the experience of Might & Magic® Heroes VII, we decided to create not only a website. Indeed, you are now part of the Shadow Council, a mysterious assembly where heroes from all Ashan provinces are monitoring Ivan actions and trying to influence its decision. To do so, the council is chaired by the so-called Spy Master…

Shadow Council articles will be splitted between the two tones:
  • Factual tone for all development related information
  • Role play tone for all universe and story articles.

WHAT IS THE SHADOW COUNCIL INFLUENCE ON THE GAME?
Votes are a key feature of the Shadow Council and will offer a real impact on the game experience of Might & Magic® Heroes VII. Starting today, you have the possibility to vote for one of the main elements of any Might & Magic® Heroes game: the factions!

That’s not all; there are still many decisions to make where your inputs will make the difference. We don’t want to spoil your surprise but we strongly recommend you to check this website regularly to make sure you don’t miss anything!

WHAT IS THE FACTION VOTE PROCESS?
Being a particularly important vote, the choice for factions will be opened during one month, leaving you theopportunity to change your opinion until the last day. It is possible that you opinion evolves along the weeks, because of us or thanks to others Shadow Council members…

In addition to all information about the two factions we are going to give you: more details about their lore, their warfare details etc. You will also be able to make other change their mind!
This is not a simple vote but a real electoral campaign!

Starting from now until the end of the vote, you will be able to send us your creations to make your favorite faction standout! If you want the dwarves to win, or the elves, prepare your best electoral speech, your best campaign video (the funniest, most convincing etc.), fanfics, fan arts and all you could think about!

We will share the best creations with the entire community: Be the change and proudly defend your faction!

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
It's really telling how some Russian modders can make a way better HoM&M game than one of the biggest publishers on the market. The resource allocation in modern gaming development is screwed beyond repair.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Oh, how cute, they've gamified the website: https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/the-shadow-council-an-evolving-website

By joining the Shadow Council, you should have discovered that some doors still are closed during your exploration.

Those sections will allow you to discover the game and its universe and will be updated in the following months along with dedicated news.

This website is more than just a dev blog; it's the one comprehensive platform for Might & Magic® Heroes VII.

One of the first elements we will add is the possibility to customize your profile on your “my account” page. By being active on the website, you will unlock new customization elements while earning precious experience as Shadow Council member and also as a future Might & Magic® Heroes VII player…

Stay tuned to discover all latest news about Might & Magic® Heroes VII and the Shadow Council experience!
SC_my_account.png

And here's a bit about the story: https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/what-is-might-magic-heroes-vii

MIGHT & MAGIC® HEROES VII STORYLINE
Might & Magic® Heroes VII tells the story of young Duke Ivan striving to restore peace in a time of civil torment.

Facing political decisions with dire consequences in his ascension to the Imperial throne, he gathers 6 councilors from 6 distinct factions to support his claim to rule. These advisors tell him glorious stories of legendary heroes from the world of Ashan’s past, so that he may choose the surest path to power and forge his own destiny.

H7_Council_Final.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom