Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ME3 tidbits

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The variable used to track Conrad was bugged, it was always set to one value. That's why he always shows up in ME2. So it's not reconning so much as incompetence.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Freelance Henchman said:
You could KILL Conrad Verner? Really?

Third interaction

Finally, after having completed a core mission world (Noveria, Feros, or Therum) Conrad waves Shepard down again. He says he wants to be a Spectre as well and asks Shepard to sign him up.

If Shepard gets angry and tells him to go away, Conrad will storm off, saying Shepard is not the only one who can make humanity look good. A news item in the Citadel elevator later reports that Conrad tried to prove himself by attacking a group of turians and was killed.

You can't kill him directly.....

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Crooked Bee said:
Kaidan was awfully awful.
But not half as awful as Ashley.

Must say I'm a bit surprised at Jaesun's hatred of him. Would've expected you to sex him up ASAP :smug:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Nope. My Female Shepard doesn't like faggots. She did get it on with that hot fucking stud Jacob however.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
RPGMaster said:
Jacob is gayer than a room full of NFL players.

To be honest, my gay senses were tingling when I first encountered him, mainly in that I do think he WAS the original Male/Male romance that was in the very early build of ME2 (but was later cut).

Karth/Kaiden/Anomen is a much bigger whiny faggot than Jacob is. Plus he is fucking hot.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Ashley 4 THA W - espicially with her bigger ME3 t1tties!

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Reptilian Shapeshifter said:
Eh, a racist asshole is still more entertaining than an uptight, whiny cunt.
I think Kaidan gets too maligned just because of the association with Carth, but the only thing they have in common is the voice actor. Kaidan never actually whines. He's like an inverse Carth actually; he tells you about this past thing with killing the turian to protect his sweetheart who then dumps him, but then just shrugs it off, says it's the past and he's moved on, and even has a jab at the Carth persona (with the line that goes like "I'm in my mid-30's, I got over this shit more than a decade ago. Fully functional being here, thank you very much"). I'd say Ashley's whiner than he is - she whines about how you treated her on Eden Prime even if you acted all very concerned and nice to her (funny too, since she's supposed to be permeated in the military thing and... well, as a gunnery chief YOU DO NOT BERATE THE COMMANDER OF THE FRIKKIN SHIP YOU WERE INVITED ON FFS), she whines about the family thing, and instead of being an interesting racist (sort of a bigoted-for-no-reason but otherwise nice person and efficient soldier and so on) it's all down to (grand)daddy issues. So yeah, in my game Ashley got the boot.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Befuddled Halfling said:
santino27 said:
Killing off Kaidan was one of my happier moments of ME1. Fucker better not be coming back, unless it's to let me kill him again.

Ah, yes, death as a problem. We have dismissed those claims already... Gaider recently said that for BioWare, killing people does not make them .... dead. It's just a metaphor for the consequence of doing something the devs didn't think was canon. Eg you killed Leliana and Zevran in Dragon Age, but neither are dead and come waltzing back into little cameos in DA2. So expect Wrex, Sarin and whichever squad mate you had die on you in the "suicide" mission to return, full of life.

Gaiders working on mass effect?

Pegultagol

Erudite
I wonder how the ME2 NPCs would be treated, referenced in bits and parts I presume in side missions or DLCs; or what would happen if one tried to import a save in which everyone dies...maybe just cut to the end sequence of the recent Arrival DLC if the player were to allow the Doomsday clock to run out.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"She'll only have those if you romanced her, Volourn. Too bad for you.

Actually, good for me. :)

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Yeah. But I think they're the only scans out there. If anyone has better, please post.

RPGMaster

Savant
me3_sc-9.jpg

me3_sc-6.jpg

Fuck this shit.

One thing I liked about the first Mass Effect game was it was (relatively) grounded and plausible sci-fi. The uniforms and armour all looked like futuristic extrapolations of today's stuff.

Now ME3 has characters taken from WH40K and Hideo Kojima's wetdreams about his ultimate male JRPG protagonist.

Multi-headed Cow

What's silly in Mass Effect is if you're playing a character and not trying to fuck people. Had Mordin think Shepard was trying to fuck him and Tali try to jump my bones. SHEPARD'S NOT IN IT FOR THE ROMANCE. HE'S JUST HERE FOR ANGRY RENEGADE INTERRUPT-SEX, hopefully arriving in Mass Effect 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom