Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ME3 tidbits

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
fizzelopeguss said:
Kaiden...

Arizona_meteor_crater.gif
It suits him. Look at the beautiful depth and the size of the crater.

Jazper

Educated
Considering how little your choices in ME1 carried over into ME2, I'm interested to see how they transition between ME2 and ME3. I get the feeling all the unwanted characters from ME2 are gonna get killed off in the first reaper attack cutscene. Or they might even have to go for the 'canon' ME2 ending, Jack died in the suicide mission, etc.

As much as it seemed like a cool idea at the time, carrying your choices over between the games actually lessons the gameplay experience. Why would people want to play a game knowning they are missing out on content? If you killed Wrex in the first game, you get to go through ME2 and ME3 knowning there is stuff regarding him you aren't seeing. As far as I've seen, there is no bonus or extra content if you do kill him. Same if you get legion or mordin killed in ME2. You know you are going to miss stuff in ME3.

Black

Arcane
Hey, gay mod, maybe you should remove this thread from RPG Discussion?!

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
Jazper said:
As much as it seemed like a cool idea at the time, carrying your choices over between the games actually lessons the gameplay experience. Why would people want to play a game knowning they are missing out on content? If you killed Wrex in the first game, you get to go through ME2 and ME3 knowning there is stuff regarding him you aren't seeing. As far as I've seen, there is no bonus or extra content if you do kill him. Same if you get legion or mordin killed in ME2. You know you are going to miss stuff in ME3.
The problem I saw with the save game imported idea was that the choices you made barely affected anything. The majority of choices you did in the side quests were merely mentioned in the form of letters which did nothing to change the main game. Even some of the bigger choices did nothing. For example you can still complete Mordins loyalty mission the same way regardless if you killed Wrex or not. Your surviving squad mate will still berate you for joining Ceberus the same way regardless of who you spared. If Bioware can't do something like this right then they shouldn't bother with it.

The follower who died in Mass Effect 1 was found by the reapers and put together again, so that they might kill the "hero".

AS A CYBORG KNEECAP YOU WILL SERVE SHODAN WELL

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Stereotypical Villain said:
The follower who died in Mass Effect 1 was found by the reapers and put together again, so that they might kill the "hero".

AS A CYBORG KNEECAP YOU WILL SERVE SHODAN WELL
It'd be great if it's the character you left to die that ends up returning and the one you saved is just killed off after one mission.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Jaesun said:
Also, anyone who kept Kaiden alive from ME1 is a fag. And hate God. Sorry Mr. Horse....

Phew, means I'm not a fag! Hated Ashley too, but Kaiden was the most whiniest, self righteous and boring fuckhead this side of Onasi. I still remember the trepidation I felt as I left him to die thinking that it probably was going to be a trick and he'd come back somehow.

a budda

Arbiter
Andyman Messiah said:
It'd be great if it's the character you left to die that ends up returning and the one you saved is just killed off after one mission.

now wouldn't it be a brilliant simple little trick...
in a bio game though? hehe, this idea is so amazingly out of place here

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
commie said:
I still remember the trepidation I felt as I left him to die thinking that it probably was going to be a trick and he'd come back somehow.
Maybe that's the Bioware Tweest for ME3...

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Black said:
Hey, gay mod, maybe you should remove this thread from RPG Discussion?!
Why now? You still don't know it it would be a shooter, or a shooter with RPG flavor.

Captain Shrek

Can I haz a battlefield Thread! Its my favorite shooter with RPG elements! Wikipedos say so!!!

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Killing off Kaidan was one of my happier moments of ME1. Fucker better not be coming back, unless it's to let me kill him again.

I don't have particularly positive feelings towards any of the ME1 NPCs who elected to ignore my character's existence in ME2. Fuck 'em all if they can't deal with someone dying then coming back to life two years later working for a terrorist organization. To the airlock they go!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
If they ressurect that fucker Kaiden, and if he tries anything with my fish tank THAT FUCKER IS GOING DOWN!

a budda

Arbiter
your fish-tank is leaking, the nice e-meil girl was eaten by insects because no one told you there's some hurry in rescucing her as in ME1 when they had told you to hurry... and you hadn't believed them and you had been right, no, in ME2 you had to hurry and I missed the pole dance of my sweety and I am so angry at this game

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
All squadmates can now use all weapons, but are limited by how many the can carry at a time
http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=57232

Deeper RPG elements are back, larger character skill trees with more than one power evolvement.

Weapons can now be upgraded again, with new barrels etc, changing both perfromance and Appearance.

No multiplayer.

a budda

Arbiter
this topic is now closing to 4 pgaes
shiii

and back on topic:
what's wrong with ME? I didn't like a single person from ME universe (huh, see what... ), a bit accustomed to Kelly (was she Kelly?) as she looked as my personal servant, but when they told me to go fight I thought: "Yeah, I've seen your tricks, ME1 was rush all about and no-one cared, FU too, and fuuuu... so much for my reason to play the game...

EDIT: I haven't even watched it on youtube because somehow bioware is unable to create "Women" with their own creator... wonder why these gay romances...

EDIT 2: oh yeah, you need to see my excuse for playing MEhs

more EDIT: as in "i draw naked chicks as a hobby and possibly trumping soroyama some day but somehow being concerned with faces some fucking how and that's it"
7fa66db348b98b12.jpg

now this is the key to understanding bioboards fucks :) if only they knew true beauty :smug:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I was going to say that the best part of ME over KOTOR, JE, and DA was the ability to kill Carth as part of gameplay, but I realized you can actually do that in the other games except KOTOR, where you can kill him in an epilogue. So I guess Bioware's games haven't been improving after all.

santino27 said:
Killing off Kaidan was one of my happier moments of ME1. Fucker better not be coming back, unless it's to let me kill him again.

Ah, yes, death as a problem. We have dismissed those claims already... Gaider recently said that for BioWare, killing people does not make them .... dead. It's just a metaphor for the consequence of doing something the devs didn't think was canon. Eg you killed Leliana and Zevran in Dragon Age, but neither are dead and come waltzing back into little cameos in DA2. So expect Wrex, Sarin and whichever squad mate you had die on you in the "suicide" mission to return, full of life.

Radisshu

Prophet
Befuddled Halfling said:
santino27 said:

Ah, yes, death as a problem. We have dismissed those claims already... Gaider recently said that for BioWare, killing people does not make them .... dead. It's just a metaphor for the consequence of doing something the devs didn't think was canon. Eg you killed Leliana and Zevran in Dragon Age, but neither are dead and come waltzing back into little cameos in DA2. So expect Wrex, Sarin and whichever squad mate you had die on you in the "suicide" mission to return, full of life.

:retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded: :retarded:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Honestly, I don't think we can expect that kind of stupidity from Mass Effect 3. Deaths in ME1 carried over 100% in ME2. The problem was that it only made a minor difference.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom