Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Masters of the Broken World (Eador 2)

Misconnected

Savant
Genesis isn't really Iron Man, it just penalises your overall score for reverting to an earlier state. Which I think is a pretty fantastic way to handle quicksaving. The only problem with Genesis' way of doing things, is that it doesn't let you run multiple campaigns simultaneously.

mondblut

Arcane
Genesis isn't really Iron Man, it just penalises your overall score for reverting to an earlier state. Which I think is a pretty fantastic way to handle quicksaving. The only problem with Genesis' way of doing things, is that it doesn't let you run multiple campaigns simultaneously.

It does. Create a new profile and feel free to begin a new campaign with it.

Misconnected

Savant
Really? Well fuck me then. I've been all save-scummy & stuff to run 2 campaigns. Thanks Mondblut.

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
Well, I'm of those who don't hesitate to reload anyway, but I like to see an approach that can make both "hardcore" and "casual" players happy. As I said, it would be interesting in many games to see some score measurement, just to see how wimpy I am. :D

So I would like to see more games do something similar. Glad the originator didn't drop the concept after all.

Monocause

Arcane
The same game with better graphics a better-designed campaign and some convenience options?

I'd really love some added variety too. More items, locations to explore, stuff like that. But the basic game formula is already excellent.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Shortened and more fulfilling campaign for sure. The old one just goes on and on without real progress. Also custom crafted maps. And new stuff if they decide to add it - units, spells etc.

DakaSha

Arcane
You own the first game - Eador: Genesis. That's nice! 10% discount for you :)

Yay I guess. Preorderign now. First time ive ever preoredered anything in my life

DakaSha

Arcane
Hello

We made a mistake and didn't properly apply your discount at checkout when you bought Eador: Masters of the Broken World. That's completely an error on our side, and we apologize. It looks like our mistake cost you 2.00$ dollars.

First all, we wanted to let you know as soon as we did. If you want, we'll be happy to refund your money and you can check out again with the correct discount applied. But we also wanted to offer you a savings by way of apology. We have a code here which is good for any game with a full price of $9.99 game. Feel free to pick something out of our catalogue that you like and go to:

***link

to use this code and get the game for free.

Our apologies, again, and we hope this helps make it right.

Regards,
JuriJ
GOG.com Support
Well. cool?
I actually saw that they didnt apply the 2 buck discount and just didnt care enough.

Can't say this doesn't make me like gog even more than i already did

Angthoron

Arcane
Meanwhile EA fucks their customers in the ass on a daily basis.

I guess EA's life support machine works off the electricity generated through friction caused by unlubricated anal sex.

...And suddenly their support of gay communities makes perfect sense.

DakaSha

Arcane
Now I have to decide on a game.. Probably going to go for Imperialism 2. Really remember enjoying it.

Hmm Eador: Broken world and free gog game in one thread. Good thread

Heresiarch

Prophet
What...pre order already? I've just conquered 12 shards and I don't know if I shall continue, or just wait for Eador 2...

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's up for pre-order on Steam now and you get Genesis fo' free.

Also,
You’ll be able to try out the final beta build very soon via Steam regardless of pre-ordering the game.

Source

Think i'll just stick to Genesis. There are not many reasons to get the new one. Especially if you prefer the oldschool gfx over 3d.

mondblut

Arcane
I was hoping this would be about what was different from Genesis. Does anyone know the specifics on how they streamlined the campaign?

Much less filler conquests. Something happens in the astral after every shard, no more voids worth 2-3 shards in between stuff that matters. Somebody might actually finish the campaign now :smug:

Not "streamlined". Condensed. :obviously:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I'd finish the campaign, but other masters started to receive unfair advantages which killed suspension of disbelief. Also that garrison after garrison after garrison.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Official mascot of Eador:
cm-51017-0512468774ac4b.png

Tigranes

Arcane
I've found over time that while I love the combat in KB/AOW/HOMM3, the overworld map ends up being really grindy, which is partly related to the fact that despite being pretty good at strategy games of all kinds I really suck at these. I'm also broke, so probably going to wait until I can get it for $10 or so, but will be interested in the Judgment of the Codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom