Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Masters of the Broken World (Eador 2)

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Trailer is not my thing, but I'm loving what I'm seeing of the game.

Imperium

Novice
Man those are some really nice screenshots on official site. Would love to read more about gameplay because your trailer while pretty didn't quite deliver any actual info on it. BTW what kind of price tag can we expect?

Can't say for sure about the price tag now but I doubt it'll be too high :)

Imperium

Novice
Hey guys.

I wanted to let you know that we submitted Eador to Steam Greenlight. If you're interested in the project appearing on Steam you could help it get there :)

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
They've stated in the comments that "the more selling platforms, the merrier", so I'm sure it won't be steam-exclusive.

Bulba

Learned
eador is definately one of the best, if not the best, turn based strategy game. It's nothing like mom and quite far away from homam... especialy the later shit (4+). combat does remind of homam, but it's a LOT more strategic, where use of terrain is crutial and one wrong more can be the difference between total annihilation and lossless victory (reloading even once means small score).
My only worry is that they are planning to cut the campaign. It was large by today's standards... 25-50 maps (depending on one of many endings)

Lightknight

Liturgist
eador is definately one of the best, if not the best, turn based strategy game.
Not really. It's VERY addictive, granted, insanely so, but the more you play - the more problems you find in the base mechanics. Problems like horrible hero units imbalance, shameless AI cheating, and so on.

Bulba

Learned
Bulba You mean the original one or the sequel? Have you played the sequel? I thought it wasn't even out in the east yet?
I was talking about the original... sequel is exactly the same, but shorter with updated graphics (that's what the dev are saying)

Bulba

Learned
eador is definately one of the best, if not the best, turn based strategy game.
Not really. It's VERY addictive, granted, insanely so, but the more you play - the more problems you find in the base mechanics. Problems like horrible hero units imbalance, shameless AI cheating, and so on.
I think everything is very well balanced, especialy hero units. AI does cheat horribly, but show me a good strategy game where it does not cheat?

kris

Arcane
And we made a little gameplay trailer. It's available on Gametrailers and on YouTube. What do you think about it?

I think it showed a bit to little about actual gameplay, in particular when you called it "gamplay trailer". All it really showed was that you had a colorful gamemap and battles reminiscent of HoM&M. It piqued interest, but showed to little IMO.

Imperium

Novice
And we made a little gameplay trailer. It's available on Gametrailers and on YouTube. What do you think about it?

I think it showed a bit to little about actual gameplay, in particular when you called it "gamplay trailer". All it really showed was that you had a colorful gamemap and battles reminiscent of HoM&M. It piqued interest, but showed to little IMO.

How about this new one? :) It's up on our greenlight page.

kris

Arcane

Better ;) Showed the battles well and yeah, looks like HoMM. Also understood how the capital work, units and heroes. Not sure about the provinces though. You conquer them one after the other and then it gives some bonuses? Or can you improve all provinces? Will you need to place troups to defend provinces against rivals?

Imperium

Novice

Better ;) Showed the battles well and yeah, looks like HoMM. Also understood how the capital work, units and heroes. Not sure about the provinces though. You conquer them one after the other and then it gives some bonuses? Or can you improve all provinces? Will you need to place troups to defend provinces against rivals?

We'll give answers on all of this in one of the next videos :)

Bulba

Learned

provinces give gold and crystals (you need crystals to cast spells) and you can only make 1 improvement per turn (ie to build 10 mines in 10 provinces you'll need 10 turns + gold).

Lightknight

Liturgist
I think everything is very well balanced, especialy hero units.
Really ? You seriously trying to tell me there is ANY point in using Mage hero in the first half of the campaign ?

show me a good strategy game where it does not cheat
Dude, in a Civ game AI may have 200% income, but in Eador it _LITERALLY_ gets units out of thin air !

Imperium

Novice
Hey guys.

We made a new video about the strategic level in Eador. Here it is:

We also opened official forum for our games so be sure to stop by :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom