Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Master of Magic remake from Thea developers and Slitherine

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I tried replaying the MoM remake and it seems they have fixed the stability / memory leak issues. Think there were some minor UI tweaks as well that were OK. Now we have a game that, while still inferior to the original one, at least works properly. They also added a new Pigeon Wizard portrait which I quite like. Instead of adding the new Goblin race they should've added Pigeonmen.

And for any COM discussion it should be taken to the relevant thread: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/best-mom-mod-caster-of-magic.107006/page-2

index.php

Arcane
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1623070/view/6578110771830297440
Master of Magic - Major update out now
Greetings, Master of Magic players!

See below the latest changelog for our beloved game, which introduces a host of exciting new features and improvements to enhance your gameplay experience such as:

• Choose Wizard Launcher Images
• Cartographer Screen
• Faster loading times

See here the Full changelog:
Legend:
FIX - Fixed an issue. MOD - Modified. ADD - New Features.

ADD Choose Wizard Launcher Images

8018f053e3f3c84d7fd001475438e507b71946bf.gif

ADD Cartographer screen

d5af561d1ccb2624691c8ff61685a49ee5bcb41e.png

ADD Allow/disallow switch to use Wizard’s spells during autobattle
ADD "Move to attack" action in battle
ADD Alternative system significantly decreasing time for reloading saves at the cost of disc space added (it can be disabled in settings)

The additions officially close the current roadmap! Stay tuned for the next one...

ADD Visual representation of Chaos Rift, Inspirations, Consecration and Prosperity enchantments on town map
ADD ‘None’ option to neutral town count in the difficulty setting of a new game (this offers an alternative style of game, without the bonus of capturing many neutral cities, also gives the starting race choice more focus)
ADD Number and paging arrows to unused artefacts grid on Army Manager screen ADD Mouse scroll now flips spell book's pages
ADD Number of defenders for each city on the City Manager screen

MOD Leadership on Chaos Channelled should now work correctly , i.e not work on units that have become fantastic
MOD Spell price / artefact price as a reward - artefact price has dropped to 275 so weak lairs can "give" artefacts more often, while common spells price has risen
MOD Sound when buying construction, artefact or unit
MOD Visual tweaks to Magic screen
MOD Adamantine res - now adds only 10% to hit
MOD Earthwalker skill - that skill now protects from the Earth To Mud spell
MOD Removed the possibility of cancelling globals from a unit
MOD Transmute Wild Game - now we can transmute Wild Game into Mammoth like the description says
MOD ResistMagic - will not be cast by AI on unit with magic immunity
MOD Tweaks to nature node's sparkles

FIX Some options in Settings not being localised correctly
FIX Resources giving food - wild game etc will give Food to town
FIX If a unit is removed from the stack, the system will now check if the unit was performing a task, like building roads etc, and the task will be stopped
FIX Wizard buttons on diplomacy screen should now catch clicks on the entire button area, not just the gem
FIX Remapping end turn button not being recognised during battle
FIX Hotkeys getting registered while entering text in an input field
FIX Charm of Life - when use on unit with 4+ life could show slider on less than 100% (like 99%) even if unit fully healed
FIX Leadership - range attacks get half of the bonus
FIX Stonemason trait - units from created outpost get the engineer skill too
FIX Move Fortress doesn't reset unrest
FIX Too much power gained from nodes - calculation corrected
FIX High Men Spearman walking speed animation
FIX Goblin Boar Riders - incorrect unit class icon (was the same as War Mammoth)
FIX Icon names for The Resistor shield and axe
FIX 0 production buildings/units should be able to buy them still - we can now complete construction of unit/building if we buy it even when production is 0
FIX Catapult wall bug - Catapult and other Wall Crushers will not destroy own walls when defending the city anymore
FIX Fixed max movement points of units when extracting from group
FIX Wall of Darkness realm - now Death instead Chaos
FIX Wild Game event not increasing max population - fix updating town resources when resource on terrain changes
FIX Unit info statistics update in battle
FIX Crash when double click on unit's spellbook opened from unit info
FIX Match function for trading in events
FIX Mining Mammoths - Mammoths do now allow to build mines any more
FIX Melee units with wall crasher can now attack walls (not only gate)
FIX Magic immunity - fix item flight skill
FIX Embark movement cost - embarking won't add MP now
FIX Crash when AI tried optimising its armies
FIX Population text field on town marker not being able to display some longer numbers
FIX Groups formation test after transfering transporter resulting in a crash in some cases
Fix Change Terrain - now it can change terrain under lairs and ruins
FIX Mouse scroll wheel not working correctly on some lists/grids
FIX Goblin towns appearing when Through the Myrror is turned off
FIX Guardian Wind being evaluated by AI against ranged attacks instead of normal ranged attacks
FIX Number of Battle AI spell evaluations not checking if the enemy list is empty, and some visibility of the potential target evaluation

Thank you to all our players for your support of the game!

Blake00

Learned
The good news is MuHa and Slitherine have announced another DLC called 'Rise of the Soultrapped' for the official Master of Magic remake.. the bad news is.. well.. see below and judge for yourselves lol.

They're adding a new (& rather fanbase dividing) scifi mechanised faction into the game.. it's like HoMM3 Forged controversy all over again lol!
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1623070/announcements/detail/3690185668834835284

498707-3be1ca40342c4f0f2a802fdbe08fc1dc.jpg

And speaking of New World Computing, they just called from the 90s and want their HoMM4 poster back lol.. One of the Master of Magic Fans Discord members even made a mock version to illustrate the point haha
499797-3cbced019d8f7ace48dc125b1adec82c.jpg

Anyway as for the next dev diary.. I think they've been watching too much St Voyager lately lol..
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1623070/announcements/detail/5894699220161488990

1691151600664-png.668909

And then came the next dev diary.. I don't even know WTF is going on here.. bioshock, elves with sniper rifles, girls with pinktails and ray guns riding pigs with bowties.. whyyyyy...
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1623070/announcements/detail/3691314104873247771

1691152016353-png.668918

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
With 40 concurrent players this game is simply in "no one cares so why the hell not, as long as it doesn't take much effort" territory.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I can only repeat that if you know your game is gonna be super cheap, low effort and only promoted with simple still concept art then surely you can do better on the artist front :lol: No matter how little they are paying the current guy, it's definitely not worth it.

Blake00

Learned
i couldnt belive it
girls with pinktails and ray guns riding pigs with bowties..
2620fee1ffebd202a3a1c47c648ec086143deeab.png

anyway there is CoM.
Yup.. wish I was joking.. hell I wish they were joking lol.. but this is legit the future of master of magic guys.. take it aaaalllll in...

With 40 concurrent players this game is simply in "no one cares so why the hell not, as long as it doesn't take much effort" territory.
How do you look that up again?.. I can't remember. Can think of a few games I wouldn't mind looking up how many concurrent players on.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe they could've done this differently and had a different outcome ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Maybe they could've done this differently and had a different outcome ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Unlikely.
As far as I know only successful re-make of a strategy game is nu-XCOM and it came out right time when there were no real competing games on squad based tactics-genre.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Lacrymas

Arcane
It depends on what you mean by "strategy", because Starcraft Remastered and AoE2: Definitive Edition are pretty successful.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Exactly like MoM. AoE2 has had a lot of balance and gameplay changes since it came out, though, it's a game in active development.

V17

Educated
Don't know about parody, but making the trailer focus heavily on the bland, extremely cheap-looking, completely still 2d "art" is definitely a marketing brainfart, particularly when you consider the actual price being asked.
Reminded me of this timeless gem

Sorry for this light offtopic, but am I the only one who, after hearing "Winds of War", immediately thinks of particularly brutal farts?

The video is absolutely brilliant btw.

Tanaka

Educated
What's the point of adding more races if you can still only play with 4 max on the map? At least upgrade that.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom