Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect 2 - Tali carries over

Grifthin

Educated
I should know better than to click on links on the codex.

:(

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
SerratedBiz said:
you guys are all idiots and obviously havent played the first game for thinking Tali would even be able to have a romantic relationship with shephard. The whole reason she's in the suit is because she and all her race have a compromised immune system. She wouldnt last 5 minutes. In the books its described that the Quarians start spewing puss from every orifice and writhe in pain when exposed.

Every orifice you say? That would be one epic sex scene.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
wow. the more i see, the more excited i get. this may be a day 1 purchase! im so glad we get to see the flotilla but what the hell is going on? i gotta stop watching these trailers, no more psuedo-clues-spoilers hahaha

also, did anyone notice the babe on the new box cover? wonder why she's hasn't been introduced yet.

944907_99727_front.jpg

Grifthin

Educated
She's from the Mass Effect Galaxies game. Called Miranda Lawson if I'm not mistaken. Shitty box art though, the collectors edition looks a dozen times better.

That is some awful box art; the female looks dwarfish.

And can Bioware please stop with "N7" prominently displayed everywhere. I GET IT. HE'S N7 ELITE. THE VERY BEST OF THE BEST. Enough already.

DreadMessiah

Liturgist
Imbecill Jag tror det ja. Liknande om inte exakt. Kvinna om täckning är fult. Jag är förvånad BioWare använt det.

Even the Asari are going hardcore.

Are we going to have to listen to her and the Zero chick bitch at each other about who looks better bald?

SerratedBiz

Arcane
**** YES! I want her!

Anyone else think she looks epic? Also, another female, does this mean another love interest for Shepard? So male shep should have about 4 love interests, while femsheps get 5 (supposing Tali is a potential love interest)? Shepard is going to be one busy spectre :) I think we've underestimated him. He wont be saying, "Cant I have both?", he'll be saying, "how bout we start a harem?" :P

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
I somehow keep hoping that Bioware is just being awesomely sarcastic about ME2. It's hype campaign is starting to look just as - or even more - retarded than the DA:O hype was. Obviously ME wasn't X-TREME and COLLAR GRABBING enough, since the sequel seems TO PUMP UP THE JAM and ACTION to OVER 9000!

They can't be serious, right? Right?

Oh and ME2 will be "good for what it is".

SerratedBiz said:
**** YES! I want her!

Anyone else think she looks epic? Also, another female, does this mean another love interest for Shepard? So male shep should have about 4 love interests, while femsheps get 5 (supposing Tali is a potential love interest)? Shepard is going to be one busy spectre :) I think we've underestimated him. He wont be saying, "Cant I have both?", he'll be saying, "how bout we start a harem?" :P

Who the fuck are you and what are you doing at RPG Codex?

roll-a-die

Magister
I do hope Liara is returning she was the only moderately bearable one other then Tali.

I think with ME2 we'll see a more retarded game, with less retarded hype, than DA:O. There's something about how DA:O was handled that screams 'we didn't really believe people still bought this rpg stuff'. Every major hit pseudo-rpg of the last decade has been marketed on the basis of how it isn't really an rpg, and how much non-rpg players will love it. DA:O isn't exactly oldschool heaven by any means, but it is an attempt at a straight-up rpg, not a shooter-rpg or a sandbox game with rpg elements, but a party-based, fantasy rpg with stat-driven combat.

I strongly suspect that EA (and possibly Bioware themselves) assumed that no-one would buy that stuff anymore. Hell, that's probably why the game has sat on Bioware's backburner for so damn long - it was deprioritised to 'go with the market'. Hence the retarded marketing campaign and absurd gore, complete with Marlyin Manson ads to show the rpg-hating rpg market how 'hardcore' and next-gen DA:O is going to be.

Thing is, the market never actually left the straight-up rpg behind. Sure, it came to expect more than just dungeon crawling, but if you look at the infinity engine games as a type of gameplay, I can't think of a single competently made game of that genre that sunk. By competent, I'm not limiting myself to games I think are great, but including things like Icewind Dale, Baldurs Gate - games that you could expect to see Bioware and Interplay cranking out without breaking a sweat. The market never rejected them. Maybe if you include ToEE in there, but that wasn't exactly a loss-machine, and frankly it wasn't exactly competent - a great combat engine, but it was marketed as having BG3-style questing and it didn't deliver. But even if you include it, it's hardly a track record for a genre that should get marketing heads worried about how they're going to sell them.

The major developers left the genre behind and the market just followed them, not the other way around. I know that hardly ever happens in non-protected commercial markets, but the gaming market makes it possible - relatively few competitors per genre with steep buy-in costs, long production times (you can crank a line of dresses or suits out to match changing customer taste in a few months, whereas the game industry needs to guess several years ahead what customers will want) and mass-market focus.

EA and Bioware have more confidence in ME2, so we'll see a lot more focus on the game's mechanics and far less retarded advertising.

I'm just hoping that the success of DA:O isn't put down to the marketing saving a dated game - it's got plenty of flaws and Gaider's writing is weak for a professional writer, but at least it shows there's a market sitting in the rough viciinity of rpgs, should developers becomine interested in selling to them again.

Dnny

Educated
Vaarna_Aarne said:
They should try and make the box art more X-TREME. Like this:

1259653345766.jpg

Badassery.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom