Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect 2 : LP Complete, Releasing Control.

Brother None said:
It's not just story-wise that it fails here, though, the design of this fight is pretty bad too.

Yeah, the Reaper's laser is easily stopped by a chest-high wall. Derp.

random_encounter

Educated
Epic deaths, exploding ships, giant T-800s (the T-1000 was the liquid version :) )...this ending has everything.

It even has comedy elements like a Giant Human Terminator. Someone at Bioware must love Contra.

Contra3.jpg

One thing that bugs me is how much this felt as if the Collectors suddenly decided to do "Plan B: Make a Reaper" now.

Or not even have them try to clone the material they need without having to abduct entire colonies to draw attention to themselves. Being former Protheans, they should have all that snazzy tech, right? If they can build Reapers, they can clone flesh bags like us - but that would probably be explained away when they were turned into tools I guess. I...whatever. WHATEVER BIOWARE.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
random_encounter said:
Epic deaths, exploding ships, giant T-800s (the T-1000 was the liquid version :) )...this ending has everything.

It even has comedy elements like a Giant Human Terminator. Someone at Bioware must love Contra.

Contra3.jpg

One thing that bugs me is how much this felt as if the Collectors suddenly decided to do "Plan B: Make a Reaper" now.

Or not even have them try to clone the material they need without having to abduct entire colonies to draw attention to themselves. Being former Protheans, they should have all that snazzy tech, right? If they can build Reapers, they can clone flesh bags like us - but that would probably be explained away when they were turned into tools I guess. I...whatever. WHATEVER BIOWARE.

Shhhhh, don't spoil Mass Effect 3!

spekkio

Arcane
High levels of derp in the game and EXTREME levels of avesome in this LP convinced me - I'm gonna play this masterpiece one day!

:yeah:

Are you proud of yourself now, RK47?

:cry:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
spekkio said:
High levels of derp in the game and EXTREME levels of avesome in this LP convinced me - I'm gonna play this masterpiece one day!

:yeah:

Are you proud of yourself now, RK47?

:cry:

Yeah. Curse you RK47 for pushing me to play this derp popamole shooter and making me like it :oops: :decline:

Btw, where's mah UPDATE?!! :decline:

RK47

Patron
I...I have class tonight. :( Last night after I finished the game I held off posting the LP update cause I couldn't resist loading up Arrival.

Gawd what a mistake that was. But don't worry! I got a long weekend ahead of me. This LP's officially done by Sunday's end.

Until the next DLC, that is.

dorkspawn.gif

TNO

Augur
Just promise us you were X-TREME enough to blow up the collector base.

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

It's as simple as that. Shoot the tubes.

02.jpg

03.jpg

If you're fast, you can probably take out two before the other tubes are sealed. If you're really good at it, you might take all four down in one go. The encounter design is pretty straightforward. Waves of drones will spawn to impede you as the tubes are sealed. Destroy the wave, and the seals will open, for no reason other than letting us blow it up.

04.jpg

And that's that. This is too easy. The Human Reaper collapsed to the bottom of the pit.

05.jpg

07.jpg

Good riddance.

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Whoa, shit. Totally forgot about them. Better hurry and finish this quick.

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

He's right...or is he? I thought about it for a moment, but what possible harm could it be from taking all these techs and use it to fight against its former users?

"What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?"— Bastila Shan

RK47 said:
He's right...or is he? I thought about it for a moment, but what possible harm could it be from taking all these techs and use it to fight against its former users?
Well, it's an Evil option, so we all know Bio will find a way for it to fuck something up. Because Evil is bad, in a bad way, and kids shouldn't do bad things, or noone will like them.

root said:
but he's going to turn on you :?
And it'll be completely unexpected! I mean, I would've left him to babysit my kids anytime.

That said, I say blow it up. IM is no bro, and EXTREME Shepard doesn't need Reaper tech to curb-stomp any ancient doomsday machines beyond comprehension.
Otherwise, we wouldn't have been given it as a Paragon option.

Keep it. Everyone else hates you for it...they don't understand the EXTREME necessity.

Plus, massive Renegade points if you keep it and massive Paragon points for destroying it...you've gotta keep the Cybernegro eye-glow, right?

lightbane

Arcane
Destroy it, following Bioware's ancient tradition of fucking up their good plots Cerberus becomes evil in the 3rd game, so they do not deserve to have this base.

kazgar

Arcane
destroy it, because this picture is incredibly lame:

And while renegade is important, extreme is more important and think of what that base did in melting all those people, and the normandy crew. Cerberus doesn't need melting people tech.

RK47

Patron
root said:
cerberus doesn't need any tech. also, the paragon/renegade choice in this case seems to be entirely dumb. how is preserving a piece of ancient technology that will contain untold advances for mankind is paragon while blowing it up as a big middle finger for the reapers/cerberus is paragon?

i mean i chose keeping the fucking thing but the chat afterwards with martin sheen felt like I was a complete brownose fuck. Not really sure what bioware was going for here, to be honest. the entire game, whenever you defend cerberus (who bioware forces upon you with a reasonable justification = they brought you back, believe in reapers, bla blabla) you get renegade points. I mean, wtf, isn't saying "I DON'T TRUST THOSE BASTARDS FURTHER'N CAN I THROW 'EM!" more renegade than saying "sir, yes sir" ?

BIOWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE

:/

meh

Educated
Do not destroy the collector base. Too valuable. Make TIM stronger.

Mrowak

Arcane
root said:
cerberus doesn't need any tech. also, the paragon/renegade choice in this case seems to be entirely dumb. how is preserving a piece of ancient technology that will contain untold advances for mankind renegade while blowing it up as a big middle finger for the reapers/cerberus is paragon?

i mean i chose keeping the fucking thing but the chat afterwards with martin sheen felt like I was a complete brownose fuck. Not really sure what bioware was going for here, to be honest. the entire game, whenever you defend cerberus (who bioware forces upon you with a reasonable justification = they brought you back, believe in reapers, bla blabla) you get renegade points. I mean, wtf, isn't saying "I DON'T TRUST THOSE BASTARDS FURTHER'N CAN I THROW 'EM!" more renegade than saying "sir, yes sir" ?

BIOWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE

Pretty much my feelings about it as well. Hence even in my second playthrough :)oops:) my through and through EXTREME Shepard had no choice but to screw the Illussive man over... again.

I guess they can justify keeping the base as renegade choice by the fact that they keep telling you time and time again how EVUL!!111 Reaper's technology is, how it being used led to Protheans', Saren's, and Geth corruption. Hence, EXTREME Shepard may think that the faggets before him were a bunch of weakilngs, while Cerberus ain't.

The problem is it's still streatching things like hell and stands against whatever stance Shep took before that whether pussy paragon or EXTREME!! renegade. The Paragon choice seems EXTREME enough because it lacks rationale, whereas the renegade one goes against Shep's established motherfucking badass attitude. In typical Bioware fashion the options are limited and make little sense.

RK47

Patron
From the Paragon standpoint, they will never do anything questionable, nor morally grey in order to accomplish things. No threats, nor intimidations. The moment Collector / Reaper technology is mentioned, Paragons would want this tech destroyed at all cost, not assimilated. Especially when it falls into the hands of a 'Renegade' cell like Cerberus. They may be on humanity's side, but their track record is anything but clean.

Renegade standpoint, they'll do anything to get the job done, take a hostage, shoot a hostage, sacrifice innocents, use questionable technology, anything to gain the edge in the conflict, including working and cooperating with a shadowy organization like Cerberus.

I feel Bioware may be a tad misleading here, but I'm sure if you look at the Cerberus being a rogue 'semi-terrorist' cell protecting humanity's interest you can understand why the paragon choice involves blowing up the base.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This whole business is dumb. Why is there no option to keep the base and give it to allience military? Shephard has the only known IFF in the galaxy to access it.

Black

Arcane
I liked how the paragon option is simply "no, we're gonna destroy it cuz it's baed and stuffies".

Mrowak

Arcane
Jaedar said:
This whole business is dumb. Why is there no option to keep the base and give it to allience military? Shephard has the only known IFF in the galaxy to access it.

That question eludes my comprehension. The only answer is: BIOWARE.

We are EXTREME first and Renegade second. Blow it to hell :salute:

This.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I destroyed it as a paragon, all the while thinking "this choice will somehow not matter in ME3". Now that we know Cerberus turns on you, we know it won't, since they hold the tech. BioWare does it again.

Anyway, I blowed it up as a paragon, so renegade shap has to keep it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom