Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect 2 : LP Complete, Releasing Control.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
So Shepard was incapacitated. Captured by the indoctrinated station inhabitants of the Project, his fate, as well as the whole galaxy hangs in the balance.

01.jpg

Can our hero escape captivity and stop the Reapers in time?

02.jpg

Or has the Indoctrination taken effect, robbing our EXTREME hero of his free will, much like the fate of his once-arch-nemesis, Saren Arturius?

03.jpg

No.

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

:america-fuck-yeah:

09.jpg

No armor. Trapped in a force fielded cell.

10.jpg

We've got to hurry.

11.jpg

12.jpg

Kenson's a lost cause. I need to escape and initiate the Project before it's too late. This mech controls might be the key in getting out of here.

13.jpg

Assuming control.

14.jpg

The remote controlled mech dispatched the scientist effortlessly.

15.jpg

Time to find a way out.

16.jpg

Uh oh, multiple mechs.. Our's outnumbered, but the console allowed us to reactivate additional mech as needed. With the threat dealt with, we blast a nearby power conduit outside to power down the barrier.

17.jpg

18.jpg

Back in business.

19.jpg

So it's all come down to this.

20.jpg

Just Shepard.

21.jpg

And a whole station full of indoctrinated humans.

22.jpg

How much time do we have left?

23.jpg

You have got to be kidding me. Shepard was down for more than 40 hours and the Reaper artifact failed to indoctrinate him?

24.jpg

EXTREME.

25.jpg

Weapons free. Dead guards follow. With the tight one way corridors, they no longer hold any tactical advantage.

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

Male voice: The Reapers are coming, she says. But I'm not sure if I'm hearing fear or hope in her voice.

The whole station's gone.

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

Yeah, life goes on. But you're dead. You call that living? The weak-willed will never survive.

35.jpg

36.jpg

36a.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

Has that ever stopped me before? Delaying their arrival will save more, if not millions of people out there. If they are given the time...surely.

39.jpg

They will hate me for it. They may damn me for it. But they're not the one standing before the jaws of defeat. By my hand, I shall snatch victory from the depths of despair.

39a.jpg

No matter the cost.

40.jpg

There we go.

41.jpg

The Project engines roared to life.

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

I've won, for now, Reapers.

46.jpg

47.jpg

Huh...tough choice. Shepard to batarian colonies:

45.jpg

Deal with it.

48.jpg

49.jpg

Shit. Something's jamming the communications -

50.jpg

Her.

51.jpg

You should've killed me when you had the chance, woman.

52.jpg

You can't stop me, Doctor.

53.jpg

I will not be defeated.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Apart from the sedatives "not working", no one but a lone scientist being near Shepard, they didn't even put restraints on Shepard? Haha, oh wow.

This universe of morons deserves to be purged by the Reapers.

RK47

Patron
Well, he was sedated for 40 hours+ ....it boggles the mind how fucked up Bioware writing can get in this DLC...so...maybe they thought it's safe to un-restrain him.. If we nitpick the whole story, it'll simply disintegrate any integrity it had left to carry the story.

Coboney

Scholar
Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Maybe Shepherd for some reason is immune to indoctrination (Maybe because he's had several short exposures to it? a DNA Defect?) and thats why the Reapers want him captured?

Or... just don't think about it is probably better.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
My brain almost melted when I learned they confined you in a room with the terminal granting you full access to, and complete control over motherfucking killing robots. Mind boggles.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Oh cool, so now Shepard is a terrorist based on some vague and mostly unproven supposition based on a single vision, the source of which is the guys you're fighting...

Excellent.

Little Toes said:
I still fail to see how this is any worse that main ME2 plot LOL TEH GALAXY IN DANGER, let's babysit every moron with family problems.

The plot outline is about equal. ME2's story's actual content is a lot better than this nonsense though.

lightbane

Arcane
04.jpg

Maybe I'm nitpicking here but was really necessary to put subtitles for that?

08.jpg

Luckily for him, Shepard's cyberesurrection gave him not only partial immunity to indoctrination, but also the ability of being able to knock down with his bare hands a random grunt wearing combat armor like it was nothing.

28.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plz-bhcHryc

47.jpg

Why is that a choice? I mean, until now we've seen that all batarians are irremediable evil pirates/criminals/whatever so no-one will miss their deaths.

Mrowak

Arcane
lightbane said:
Why is that a choice? I mean, until now we've seen that all batarians are irremediable evil pirates/criminals/whatever so no-one will miss their deaths.

I'd sooner ask: "Why's that a choice? You can do both things, right?"

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Mrowak said:
My brain almost melted when I learned they confined you in a room with the terminal granting you full access to, and complete control over motherfucking killing robots. Mind boggles.
Well just before this they ignore the little warning that says Shepard is coming out of sedation, and they had him there unrestrained to begin with.

Giving him access to the robot kinda makes sense in this context.

Mrowak said:
I'd sooner ask: "Why's that a choice? You can do both things, right?"
If you really must know, it's a typical Biowarian choice, meaning you get the interference regardless. And you never do get to warn the Batarians.

I think they were trying to make a mirror image to Bring Down The Sky, but it autofails thanks to idiotic plot elements and abysmal writing.

RK47

Patron
It's quite obvious at this point that the writer's team really can't be bothered how the DLC will turn out, it's probably the last ME2 engine DLC, so they scripted the end movie and lets some secondary DLC team fill up the rest.

I'll tie this up over the weekend. ;) Got class tonight.

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

:rpgcodex: The Tyranny of Choice.

shep.jpg
Stop now, Kenson. Hackett's friend or not, I will kill you.
doc.jpg
You're forcing my hand, Shepard. You know that.

And yours to mine, as well. :smug:

07.jpg

I'm not interested in Redemption. Victory is all the vindication I need.

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

Must I be interrupted at every turn?!

11.jpg

12.jpg

Good luck with that.

13.jpg

That fool is attempting to destroy the asteroid!

14.jpg

We have to do something about it. Let's ask the station VI...

shep.jpg
How do I stabilize the reactor core?

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

I've got to reach the cooling rod B as well.

18.jpg

19.jpg

Keep trying.

20.jpg

Yeah, like this will stop me.

21.jpg

sec.jpg
This is Williams. I've got Shepard locked in the maintenance area. Requesting backup.

22.jpg

Sorry, Willy. No one's there to save you. Removing lockdown.

23.jpg

Those two mounted meaningless resistance.

24.jpg

Coolant Rod B activated.

25.jpg

Keep talking. It lets me know where to shoot.

26.jpg

27.jpg

shep.jpg
Turn around. Now!
doc.jpg
You've taken them away from me. I will never see the Reapers' arrival.

You can always wait till next year, you dumb bitch!

28.jpg

Fuck.

29.jpg

-Click-

30.jpg

It's over, Kenson.

31.jpg

Victory is...

32.jpg

..mine?

33.jpg

Oh shi-

34.jpg

SHEPPPPPPPPPPPPERRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSS!

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

RK47

Patron
Sorry bout the short one, I got home late that night. Let's wrap things up at the station.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Oh, great. This will be my final shoot out sequence in the ME2 engine.

10.jpg

They didn't put anything special here. It's obvious they ran out of ideas and just sprinkle the encounters with cloned guards over and over again.

11.jpg

sec.jpg
They left us here!
shep.jpg
Damnit! I have to get to the comm tower. Hope the Normandy's listening.

12.jpg

Just to make it slightly harder, the game tosses a YMIR mech. I killed all the guards...and thought I could run past it...

13.jpg

But when I got to the comm relay station, the hacking mini-game triggered and the mech killed me while I was hacking. :x

14.jpg

Sigh. The time limit is very generous here, so might as well blow it up.

15.jpg

And that will be the last enemy I kill in this LP.

16.jpg

Getting closer to the Relay. Let's get Normandy to pick up. Strangely, when the YMIR Mech is down, the relay will not have a hacking mini game when activated. WTF?

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

:mhd:

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

We'll be ready for you.

29.jpg

30.jpg

The Alpha Relay is activated for the last time.

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

:salute: Farewell, batarians. Your sacrifices will not be in vain.

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

The Project's impact was sufficient.

37.jpg

Detonation of Alpha Relay confirmed.

38.jpg

Blast radius expanding...

39.jpg

....throughout the whole system.

40.jpg

There was nothing left of that system.

41.jpg

Mission Accomplished.

42.jpg

We have successfully delayed the Arrival.

Coboney

Scholar
Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
So... is that the end?

That was pretty bad and as far as bridges go it was pretty awful. I mean ME2 is a shooter with a silly story on the whole but Arrival... just seems like it lost any minor redeeming glimmers inside it.

RK47

Patron
We still have debrief. I'll update tonight. I'm off to work.

Wow, could they make Reapers any more pathetic? For something supposedly "incomprehensible", "timeless" and "inevitable", they sure like to let us know how pointless our actions are every time some "doomed" "insignificant" "dust struggling against cosmic winds" shoves his BBC up their cornholes.
Seriously, whoever you are, if you call yourself a writer while producing that piss, please, get cancer. Leukaemia will do just fine.

Also, if relays are so fragile, how come they haven't all been wiped out by comets, asteroids and meteors flying all over the galaxy?

And these "villain escaping from your gunpoint with you just standing there, scratching you arse" is... aw, fuck it.

RK47

Patron
Multiple Sarcasm said:
Wow, could they make Reapers any more pathetic? For something supposedly "incomprehensible", "timeless" and "inevitable", they sure like to let us know how pointless our actions are every time some "doomed" "insignificant" "dust struggling against cosmic winds" shoves his BBC up their cornholes.
Seriously, whoever you are, if you call yourself a writer while producing that piss, please, get cancer. Leukaemia will do just fine.

Also, if relays are so fragile, how come they haven't all been wiped out by comets, asteroids and meteors flying all over the galaxy?

And these "villain escaping from your gunpoint with you just standing there, scratching you arse" is... aw, fuck it.

You can ask this guy as well.

GuardianHand.png

GOTCHA AVATAR. NOW ...I'LL....THROW YOU INTO THE OCEAN! MUUU-HA HA HA HA! POOOR POOOOOOOOR AVATAR.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
So the Omega Relay survived a supernova while this one is wiped out by a puny asteroid?

You'd think that the Reapers' backdoor into the galaxy would be a bit more sturdy.

lightbane

Arcane
Kudos for the lp RK! :love: Looking forward to ME3, that promises that somehow it'll be even more dumbed down.

RK47

Patron
abnaxus said:
So the Omega Relay survived a supernova while this one is wiped out by a puny asteroid?

You'd think that the Reapers' backdoor into the galaxy would be a bit more sturdy.

I'd like to say that a direct impact with sufficient firepower of any kind will destroy the Mass Relay. No exceptions. The Omega Relay did not take a direct hit, merely the shockwave of the Collector Base alone would not be sufficient, I feel.

This is the end guys. Debriefing follows... It's been fun.

01.jpg

02.jpg

shep.jpg
No more visions, if that's what you mean. I wasn't expecting to see you here.
hack.jpg
You went out there as a favor to me. I decided to debrief you in person. That was before the mass relay exploded and destroyed an entire batarian system.
03.jpg

I went with the left option first.

shep.jpg
Have you received any intel about what happened?
hack.jpg
All I know is that I sent you to break Amanda Kenson out of prison, and now an entire system is destroyed. I hope you could fill the leap of logic between those two events.
04.jpg

shep.jpg
She wasn't willing to stop the invasion. So I did what had to be done.
hack.jpg
Sounds like Amanda was indoctrinated. Well. That's...a damn shame.
05.jpg

Look me in the eye, damn it!

06.jpg

Still a trace of doubt?! Even after what I've done?!

07.jpg

hack.jpg
I'm sure all the details are in your report. I won't lie to you, Shepard: the batarians will want blood, and there's just enough evidence for a witch hunt. And we don't want war with the batarians. Not with the Reapers at the galaxy's edge.

Can't make wine without crushing grapes.

shep.jpg
What are you saying?
08.jpg

09.jpg

hack.jpg
I happen to agree with you. I'm sorry those batarians lost their lives, but someone has to make the difficult decisions that get people killed. Unfortunately, not everyone will see it that way.
shep.jpg
So what do you suggest?
hack.jpg
Evidence against you will be shoddy, at best. But at some point, you'll have to go to Earth to face the music. I can't stop it...but I can and will make them fight for it.
shep.jpg
I didn't expect you aboard a Cerberus vessel.
hack.jpg
I don't like Cerberus or the way they do things. But they brought you back to life, and they're actually doing something about the state of the galaxy.
10.jpg

shep.jpg
Is the Alliance concerned about the batarians' response to this incident?
hack.jpg
Very. The batarians have been looking for an excuse to wage war on us since we showed up in the galaxy. If the Reapers invade, we will need the galaxy to work together. If we're at war with the batarians, the other races will be hesitant to give aid to either side.

So we beat the batarian first, then deal with the Reapers. Simple.

shep.jpg
Is the Alliance prepared for a Reaper invasion?
hack.jpg
That's hard to say. It took multiple fleets - and the Destiny Ascension - to bring Sovereign down. And that was just one Reaper. If the Reapers come in force ... we're just not ready.
shep.jpg
I stop a Reaper invasion, and they want to put me up on charges?
hack.jpg
It's not a matter of preference, Shepard. You'll be a convenient scapegoat for avoiding open war.
11.jpg

They can try.

hack.jpg
Do whatever you have to do out there. But when Earth calls, you make sure you're there with your dress blues on, ready to take the hit. In the mean time...you keep this. *returns the report* I don't need to see your report to know you did the right thing.
shep.jpg
Yes, sir.
hack.jpg
You've done a hell of a thing, Commander.

Hackett leaves the room....Shepard ponders what is next for him.

11a.jpg

The rest of his crew will stand by him when the Reapers arrive. But it won't be enough. Alliances will have to be forged and conflicts suppressed. The task will be made harder, with a destruction of an entire system rests on his shoulders. He will deal with that when the time comes.

13.jpg

In a year's time, perhaps. :salute:

Mrowak

Arcane
:bravo:

Great work RK47 :salute: Thanks to you I played the game and enjoyed it(s derp) thoroughly. Looking forward to seeing EXTREME Shepard again...

Now if you could upload that save for posterity :M

Mrowak

Arcane
RK47 said:
You mean the Autosave.pcsav?

If that's the latest one, then yes.

You wouldn't mind uploading your save from ME1, as well?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom