Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mafia 2 'review'

pipka

Savant
Nice review.
Mafia II, I'm dissapoint. :(

anus_pounder

Arcane
Chapter 11 right now and, at least for me, its hit. Theres one chapter where you chase a gang member in a car, you're more or less suppose to fail. During the chase, the game crashes nearly everytime you crash your vehicle and sometimes for no reason. But as soon as you to get the objective to use the payphone and complete it, the game works perfectly.

chzr

Scholar
Serious_Business said:
Ugh, you write terribly. It gets the point across though I guess.

yea i agree, gotta put some points in writing.

btw skidrow crack is bad

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
MetalCraze said:
Eurogamer is also very upset about Mafia 2 (4/10). Basically what they write also says that the full game has little new to offer that wasn't seen in the demo.

As much as I like the mafia "golden age" entourage I think I'll pass on this one.

Something wrong happened
Consoles happened

Oh Skyway say it aint so! You have been plugging Mafia 2 for months! Surely you can spare a bit of bandwidth to play your favourite popamoler?

Yeah I think he should give it a go too, I want to hear his opinion, it's not so much that it's bad, just dull.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I've been playing it. Chapter 4 already, it's damn short if it's only 12 Chapters.

Main complaint from me is the boring-as-hell traveling between missions. They haven't added anything of interest. Just pedestrians and cars.

Drakron

Arcane
Zed said:
I've been playing it. Chapter 4 already, it's damn short if it's only 12 Chapters.

15 chapters.

Main complaint from me is the boring-as-hell traveling between missions. They haven't added anything of interest. Just pedestrians and cars.

Well true, as much as I bitch about mini games this could do with some as long its not Rockstar implementation style.

Dark Matter

Prophet
Zed said:

Mafia 1 had the same problem.

Dark Matter

Prophet
Drakron said:
Zed said:

15 chapters.

Well true, as much as I bitch about mini games this could do with some as long its not Rockstar implementation style.
The minigames in Red Dead Redemption were pretty fun and well integrated into the game.

Divinity: Original Sin
Playing through mafia 1 again. First because the hype concerning mafia 2. Second, I aways wanted to try it with that unlimited view distance mod. The game is very hard, considering the shooting mechanic. You must expose yourself to shoot enemies, and if hit, you may become kind of "paralized", which makes you an easy target.

I wonder if gamers from nowadays would be able to go through those missions. Right now i'm in the mission "lucky bastard", in the harbor. I die a lot.

Anyway, after I finish, I'll try mafia 2.

MetalCraze

Arcane
You must expose yourself to shoot enemies
Preposterous!

I replayed Mafia 1 a few years ago. I remember it was pretty easy. Much easier for me than on my first playthrough when it came out.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Suchy said:
WTF, I can't assign joystick for driving?

wow that sucks huge balls. I remember playing the 1st with a steering wheel for the driving. I think it was the only game that wasn't a hardcore racing sim that actually had a manual fucking clutch :(

Drakron

Arcane
Dark Matter said:
The minigames in Red Dead Redemption were pretty fun and well integrated into the game.

No, they are not.

Minigames should be OPTIONAL, Rockstar have the bad habit of making minigames part of the storyline quest so if there is a fucking race minigame you can bet your ass at one point you are forced to win a race.

Red Dead Redemption does the same fucking thing, you are FORCED to lasso horses even if you do not want to do it, same with driving cattle even if you dont want to do it and about EVERY SINGLE FUCKING MINIGAME THAT IS ON THE FUCKING GAME.

denizsi said:

Why exactly are you linking him to Skyway "review" of the demo?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Dark Matter said:
Zed said:

Mafia 1 had the same problem.

Exactly, yet people forget this cause that game is 'old' and 'old=awesum'! :roll:

I always wished there were side missions, mini games in Mafia. They went to all that trouble to make the city, the outskirts, racetrack etc. and most of it was hardly ever used if at all!

Twinkle

Liturgist
I always wished there were side missions, mini games in Mafia. They went to all that trouble to make the city, the outskirts, racetrack etc. and most of it was hardly ever used if at all!

Are you aware of Freeride Mode existence?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Twinkle said:

Are you aware of Freeride Mode existence?

Yes, but it's not the same thing. It's just driving around for the sake of it. Only the Freeride Extreme had a bunch of silly easter egg type missions but again it's just a little gimmick. Not quite the same thing as in GTA games with many of the side missions getting their own cutscenes and mini 'plots'.

I am aware that with the serious story in the game that these things would seem out of place: example would be your character going racing between missions; but would have been nice to have a kind of 'FreeRide' game that was from another gangsters perspective with a bunch of extra mini missions, and things to see and do.

Luzur

Good Sir
i tried doing the rampage through town like i used to do in GTA in Mafia 1, but it was....i dunno, it didnt feel the same.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom