Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

List of WASD-like control 3D RPG games (single player)

cesm23

Novice
Alpha protocol... it's not released yet, i prefer to add only already released games to the list, but still nice suggestion.

About dungeon siege 1 that's a huge disapointment, i mean i really liked the game but i only played the demo and there was absolutly no way of using wasd, it's JUST point and click so it's a shame i can't playt that game like that. I hope they implement wasd in the next sequels...

About borderland, well seems to be good too but it's better wait for the release before adding to the list.

Divinity: Original Sin
MetalCraze said:
I can't believe I've missed the party. Sticky this.

Also you forgot about Alpha Protocol - pure RPG awesomeness, show me other RPG that lets you do this - a goodness more extreme than that of Mass Effect

YBXA? It sucks. Should be WASD.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Some people recommended Vampire Bloodlines ITT, but I can't say I agree.
Sure it has WASD movement, but that alone doesn't make for an awesome RPG.
I really tried to play it, I looked at the char creation - one guy had orange sunglasses and looked pretty badass in general - so I picked him, started the game, but you know what? I fucking didn't know what to do or where to go and everytime I tried to talk to someone my guy only talked incomprehensible bullshit, seriously WTF? I just couldn't figure out what was going on, so sorry but this game sucks. No wonder it didn't sell.

cesm23

Novice
hum i see when i get the game i will try to take that in account.

Bythe way guys i have found the adventure games section and i have made a similar post to this one in there but about adventure games, if any of you here also play that type of games check it out.

VentilatorOfDoom said:
Some people recommended Vampire Bloodlines ITT, but I can't say I agree.
Sure it has WASD movement, but that alone doesn't make for an awesome RPG.
I really tried to play it, I looked at the char creation - one guy had orange sunglasses and looked pretty badass in general - so I picked him, started the game, but you know what? I fucking didn't know what to do or where to go and everytime I tried to talk to someone my guy only talked incomprehensible bullshit, seriously WTF? I just couldn't figure out what was going on, so sorry but this game sucks. No wonder it didn't sell.

a
f
r
i
c
a
n

a
m
e
r
i
c
a
n

cesm23

Novice
hoochimama said:
Drakensang can also be keyboard driven, better than the nwn games.

Hum for what i have seen in youtube the game seems to be what i want, even tough i found the controls in fights a bit too "point-and-clicky" :) :) But it's just a video of course.

By the way is there a version of the game with a english dub of the spoken dialog?

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Drakensang on the other hand I can definately recommend despite the lack of proper farting emotes. It has hot chicks with big boobs which helps a great deal to roleplay if you get my drift. There is a lot of amazing loot to gather by bashing barrels - seriously you'll never run out of barrels to bash, and the game generally features some awesome graphics and cutscenes. Definately one of the top games of the last years.

cesm23

Novice
Cool, it's already on the list now. You also don't know if there is any english dub for the game's spoken dialogs?

cesm23

Novice
Well... i don't know... maybe i have to include a sub-category after the name of each game, it's better like this.

Still about Drakensang in the video you indicated it's clearly point and click, unless this is a "hybrid" style and we can choose point and click or wasd controls?? Like neverwinter nights?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
How can you forget space siege? This game is innovative with a much better combat that the old diablo. Instead of using magic n swords, you get to use sniper rifles and rocket launcher. Don't forget to dive roll away from rockets and fully destructible crates for loot! And it features multiple ending where you can turn away from humanity and embrace machine implants.

Malachi

Liturgist
Ventilator, I apologize for focusing on the non-farting aspects of Deus Ex. I merely wanted to point out a potential pitfall, in case our Fable-loving friend had certain expectations for that particular game.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Malachi said:
Ventilator, I apologize for focusing on the non-farting aspects of Deus Ex. I merely wanted to point out a potential pitfall, in case our Fable-loving friend had certain expectations for that particular game.

I didn't take offense friend. I'm sure your effort is appreciated.

cesm23

Novice
RK47 said:
How can you forget space siege? This game is innovative with a much better combat that the old diablo. Instead of using magic n swords, you get to use sniper rifles and rocket launcher. Don't forget to dive roll away from rockets and fully destructible crates for loot! And it features multiple ending where you can turn away from humanity and embrace machine implants.

That's odd in the video i saw in youtube they only mention point and click... have you idea if this game has wasd-like movement ? If not then this game can't be part on the list since it's offtopic :) But still thanks for the suggestion.

Amulets and Armor

It's an RPG that uses an engine that looks like build 3d, used in duke nukem 3d.

interesting i never heard about this one before even tough i played some games with the build engine, like duke3d, blood, tekwar, etc. Yeah this one seems ok, it will go to the list.

Mighty Mouse

Novice
None mentioned Far Cry 2!!! It's one of the best RPG of 2008 (only Fallout 3 is better!), it has a lot of cool weapons (like the flamethrower! wooooo!!!) and a vast world! There are lots of important choiches in the game... This game has EVERY RPG ELEMENT YOU COULD IMAGINE!!1!!11ONE! You can shoot zebras, drive cars, kill mercenaries. You MUST try it. Now!

quasimodo

Augur
This thread has made my day. All these great RPGs to choose from and none of that boring old outdated point and click gameplay.

cesm23

Novice
None mentioned Far Cry 2!!! It's one of the best RPG of 2008 (only Fallout 3 is better!), it has a lot of cool weapons (like the flamethrower! wooooo!!!) and a vast world! There are lots of important choiches in the game... This game has EVERY RPG ELEMENT YOU COULD IMAGINE!!1!!11ONE! You can shoot zebras, drive cars, kill mercenaries. You MUST try it. Now!

Isn't far cry 2 a shooter? I mean in wikipedia says it's a fps... Unless it's like bioshock, i mean, having rpg elements. Bythe way in farcry 1 for example one thing i didn't liked was not being able to save and load where i want this is also another "requeriment" for the games i like :)

This thread has made my day. All these great RPGs to choose from and none of that boring old outdated point and click gameplay.

Like i said before this thread was made for people like you and me and i will continue updating it always! Just remember if you also like non-point and click adventure games i also have made the thread, since no one replyed there so far :)

Mighty Mouse

Novice
cesm23 said:

Isn't far cry 2 a shooter? I mean in wikipedia says it's a fps... Unless it's like bioshock, i mean, having rpg elements. Bythe way in farcry 1 for example one thing i didn't liked was not being able to save and load where i want this is also another "requeriment" for the games i like :)

Far Cry 2 IS an RPG. It's completely different from Far Cry 1. For example, you can buy weapons with the diamonds that you acquire during the game. You can also complete missions in many different ways. It's definitely an Action RPG, probably it's even deeper than Mass Effect or Bioshock. Listen to me, try it ;)

covr

Prophet
Patron
You should try Might&Magic 9, last and the best game of M&M games. It has nice 3D graphics, first person view and interesting plot. The only drawback is slow, turn-based comat, which I personaly hate!
And it has no fating, but it is a very old game (it was relesased even before Fable!) so I think it is not a surprise.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
about half the games in the first list aren't even wasd

3/10

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom