Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's win the title in Football Manager 2014! (Soccer if you are a fag)

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Alright.

First of all a short explanation about the acronyms:

GK = Goalkeeper
CD = Central Defender
RD = Right Defender
LD = Left Defender
DM = Defensive Midfielder
CM = Central Midfielder
AM = Attacking Midfielder
ST = Striker

Don't care about the other acronyms on the screens yet, they are not yet important since it all comes down to the above mentioned positions.

---

This is going to be a LP of Football Manager 2014 - Codexian Edition. We are playing for the title of the most prestigious gaming magazine and will use the Bundesliga as a template. I changed team names to be more fitting, although I will leave player names intact - except for the glorious Codexia FC of course.

We will start off as a small team fighting against relegation but hopefully we will rise and push the all time champion from it's throne - RPGWatch!

This is how the table looks like:

cxn8nw1.jpg

I ran out of English gaming magazines so I put three German ones in (4players, GamePro and GameStar) - I can edit those if anyone has a better idea.

Formations:

I've got three formations to offer, you will decide which one to play. The first one is the most traditional, a classic 4-2-3-1. It's dangerous, but very fast and can lead to high scores - it might although be too much for starters.

Alt6vt8.jpg

The second one is a modified 4-2-3-1 with a focus on getting the ball forward immediately after conquering it. It's even more dangerous than the classical 4-2-3-1 but we will probably shoot tons of goals with it - at least in theory.

8yui93r.jpg

The last one is the one I am usually using. It's a completely unusual system without strikers. The OM will take his part and try to move into channels cut open by the enemy defence. It's a slower system with a high focus on pressing and getting the ball, then we try to retain possession while waiting for gap we can send a player into.
It's the system that generates the most chances and offers the best odds of winning. My vote goes to this but if you want to make my life a living hell, fine :P

fwjCnY2.jpg

Applications:

So this is your chance to shoot for the stars and help Codexia FC achieve greater glory! Apply yourself for one of the following positions below.

First Team
GK - stabby
CD - Zdzisiu
CD - abnaxus
CD - DDZ
RD - Irenaeus
LD - sea
DM - Jvegi
CM- Jim the Dinosaur
AM- raw (rawnaldinho)
AM - shiteatingnippledick
AM - Jagged Appliance
ST - Menckenstein

Reserves:
CD - felipepepe
DM - a bear named spigot
CM - Kashmir Slippers
AM - Azira
AM - zwanzig_zwoelf
AM - Broseph
LD - yeye
RD - tindrli
GK - Telemetry
ST - Ulminati

Future Transfers / Hot Prospects:

CD - dunno lah
?? - hostergaard
?? - IDtenT
?? - Smashing Axe
AM - Infantryman
ST - Helly

Keep in mind that I will be able to buy new players during winter and summer break so even if the Squad is filled don't hesitate to apply. I will always be looking for ways to strengthen our squad and sell those that are unable to follow my orders :cool:
If we won't get a full squad I will be filling the ranks up with random codexers.

Also by the nature of the game this LP could go on forever so it will be abandoned one day. It matters how soon we will start to be winning titles and how much interest there will be in this LP at all.

You do not need to have any knowledge about football or this game, just tell me your position (or if you don't even know what a position is just tell me you want to be in) and I'll take care of the rest. I won't adjust attributes, I will just change the names of the proper players.

This should be it. Start applying now. For Codexia FC! Down with the Watch! CODEXIACODEXIACODEXIA

Progress:

Meet the first team
Update I: Pre season and first match
Update II: More matches and injured players
Update III: Matches, team talks and STATS
Update IV: We are starting to suck!
Update V: BOOOORING

Last edited:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Oh, I have to pick a position. Uh.

I pick DL, because there's only one of those. That means it's special, right?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
That just makes his failure even more inevitable. :smug:

I used it for Brøndby IF in the Danish Superliga. It went undefeated for 2 consecutive seasons.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Good thing about FM is you can start an LP every year and pretend it being a whole new game :smug:

Although I really didn't know about that FM 2012 LP.

Also:
Less déjà vu and more volunteers for defensive positions pls

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Scrooge
If you absolutely can't find anyone for defense, I'll volunteer for a transfer. But only if you edit my sportsmanship to 0 and give me the Dives into Tackls and Argues with Ref traits :smug:

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Scrooge
If you absolutely can't find anyone for defense, I'll volunteer for a transfer. But only if you edit my sportsmanship to 0 and give me the Dives into Tackls and Argues with Ref traits :smug:

Heh, no worries, you'd be the most brutal defender one could ever imagine. But it's ok if you want to play offensive, in case no one wants to play defense I just randomly nominate codexers to do the job.
Also I'll wait until monday or so before I will start the actual LP so there's still plenty of time for potential bone crushers to apply.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
DDZ - CENTRAL DEFENDER

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom