Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's win the title in Football Manager 2014! (Soccer if you are a fag)

OM please (I thought it was AM btw)

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Alright, time to introduce the first team. Will fill reserves up tomorrow evening or on monday if we won't have enough players until then. Don't forget that you can apply to be a future transfer as well!

Meet the first team:
Attributes are highlighted for the selected role

Menckenmar Steinerbächle (thanks to raw for that name)
A very talented striker. He's better as a traditional forward but I will try playing him as a false nine. In which Menckenstein will probably fail miserably.
0QRQUuo.jpg

Rawnaldinho
raw fits his role as an inside forward quite well although he could be faster. I need to train him in that position since it's not his natural one.
S79iDw3.jpg

shiteatingnippledick
The other inside forward. Faster than Rawnaldinho but as you can see some vital attributes are quite bad. Will probably suck, especially his teamwork is a sad joke.
JiBLCf6.jpg

Jagged Appliance
Our advanced playmaker. Pretty good stats except for flair (also his acceleration is bad). He could take a vital part in creating chances.
8DcNKfe.jpg

Jvegi
An experienced midfielder who is supposed to work the whole field. A hybrid between a defensive midfielder and a playmaker. His low strength and off the ball scores might cause problems though.
lfbGUpU.jpg

Jim the Dinosaur
Our defensive midfielder. Another talented young player that will grow into his role - but he will have to hit the gym to improve that strength stat ASAP.
vjInbqw.jpg

sea
Again, a talented young player and a promising full back. Will most probably develop quite well even though his determination could be higher.
UX2bFAN.jpg

abnaxus
A very experienced central defender. Has good stats and will do a reliable job, or so I hope.
aByKnNw.jpg

DDZ
Another experienced CD. His stats are fine too although his low composure and decisions stats might cause trouble against stronger teams. Also having two slow CDs will be an issue against quick forwards.
jvkyxu9.jpg

Irenaeus
Very fast full back with overall ok stats. Will probably develop a bit more seeing he is only 23. Also he is an African American :cool:
H921GPA.jpg

stabby
Our goalkeeper. Decent stats except for aerial ability and command of area. Will hopefully improve a bit in the future.
qJoYEqC.jpg

Alright, so much for that. Will introduce the reserve squad later, as I said. I hope the quality of the screenshots is bearable, otherwise I have to work out something different.

Oh and of course you all have the negative trait "Argues with officials" as Ulminati requested. So I guess we will see lots of yellow cards and the reserves will be getting their playtime soon enough :troll:

Last edited:
The other inside forward. Faster than Rawnaldinho but as you can see some vital attributes are quite bad. Will probably suck, especially his teamwork is a sad joke.

I'm faster than lightning, fuck teamwork.

you all have the negative trait "Argues with officials" as Ulminati requested.

I predict your face will be close to this soon.

1Uc45D0.gif

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

I'm faster than lightning, fuck teamwork.

you all have the negative trait "Argues with officials" as Ulminati requested.

I predict your face will be close to this soon.

1Uc45D0.gif

Just_as_planned.jpg

yeye

Augur
I'll be your backup DL/DC. Don't know how many subs you can have in the league you chose but it should be useful to cover two positions.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
UPDATE I Pre season and first match

Zdzisiu
A very talented CD that can also play DM and CM. Along with a bear named spigot I hope they will be our defensive wall in the future.
6S8yXRY.jpg

a bear named spigot
Probably the most talented reserve player. Will become a terrific DM once I hope. Can also play CM and CD.
4NpkxeV.jpg

Kashmir Slippers
An aging but still somewhat competent midfielder. Will do the job if needed.
KNlj8xp.jpg

Azira
Backup for our star rawnaldinho. He's a worker but very limited in his game unfortunately.
ZmqwI6R.jpg

yeye
Experienced full back, might switch to the first team if sea proves too inexperienced.
0ja6tvs.jpg

tindrli
Talented backup for Irenaeus but probably still too young to really help us. Let's hope Iren will remain fit.
XesbQhZ.jpg

Broseph
Backup for shiteatingnippledick. Will play the first few games due to shitnipple's injury. If he plays well it might become problematic for shitnipple. But his stats aren't really good :/
mc5jMTh.jpg

felipepepe
CD backup. Not really a good one. This is worrying.
lATeKmD.jpg

Ulminati
Another talented striker. Will compete with Menck for the place in the first team.
zYiI029.jpg

Telemetry
GK Backup. Young and talented but let's hope stabby will remain fit since he won't be good enough for the PSL yet. Also his creativity dropped as you can see. And we haven't even started yet, what is this!
qXM7q3P.jpg

First of all: I will be not be showing the friendlies in the pre season in this LP. They are boring and not very entertaining. Just in case you wonder.
Alright, now that you know the team it's time to hold the first team meeting. I will LARP it but try to keep the real outcome. And no worries, I will only LARP team meetings and private conversations with players.

lMnqMGM.jpg

11748.jpg
: Hello everyone, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Scrooge and I am very glad to be your new coach. I also want to inform you that I am planning on making stabby the captain of the squad with Abnaxus being the vice captain.

14634.jpg
: Yay!

bzxAMBx.png
: Wait, what? A woman as a captain?! And we've got a female coach now?! What is this, some kind of sick joke? Get back to the kitchen you two ffs!

11748.jpg
: Does anyone else have a problem with that?

15975.jpg
: Yes

16094.jpg
: Yep

14634.jpg
: No

13766.jpg
: Yup. Or whatever. Can we start playing already?

13387.jpg
: May I touch your breasts?

13456.jpg
: Coach? Captain? What are you people talking about?

11748.jpg
: Well whatever, you've got to arrange with this situation. Let's get to the next point. I plan on finishing top half this season, maybe we can even do better, we will see.
14634.jpg
: What?! How is this supposed to work out? We will barely be able to stay in the league! Geez!

bzxAMBx.png
: I like your ambition, coach. Maybe this won't be too bad after all!

11748.jpg
: Huh? Stabby, I made you the captain because you are the most determined player in the squad and now you are already giving up? And rawnaldinho, the least determined player is complementing my for my bravery? Are you all nuts?

13456.jpg
: I still don't get what this is all about. I thought we'd be here to do some music.

11748.jpg
: ...

12112.jpg
: Sea what the hell are you talking about? This is a football squad, not an orchestra.

13456.jpg
: Football?! What am I doing here, I am resigning!

11748.jpg
: Err, you signed a contract.

13456.jpg
: But I don't even know the rules!

13766.jpg
: Just sit down now already, ok? All you need to do is play the ball to me. I will take care of the rest. Actually coach I think you should just nominate me for the games and keep the rest on the bench. Hell, you could even sell the others. Maybe stabby could stay if we really need a goalkeeper.

11748.jpg
: ... Well I guess this is going to be an interesting season. Any questions?

14634.jpg
: I still don't think we should be aiming for such a high goal, I am now depressed and my moral is bad now ;_;

13387.jpg
: What she said.

12782.jpg
: We are ready coach! Let's do this!

11748.jpg
: Alright, I think the meeting has run it's course. See you on the training ground.

---

Unfortunately I forgot to take a screen of the moral changes this meeting caused but most players reacted well.

Shitnipple's moral dropped a little while stabby is completely on the ground now.

So let's introduce to the press next.
Question mostly focus on my gender instead of my awesum managerial abilities. The mouse points to the given answers.

NJ5BI3y.jpg

:troll:
F7UJzMn.jpg

REZdUD6.jpg

going full megalomaniacal already
99drDgh.jpg

Next, we will set up training for pre season. I won't allow resting before match day as long as we are playing friendlies. You guys need to understand the tactics after all. My other focus will be on building up team cohesion. 11 friends you shall be.

o3FKABx.jpg

And this is the tactics we are going to use (thanks to Ulminati)

0zcreIQ.jpg

Next we will set the squad win bonuses. Play well and receive more money, you spoiled brats! Can't give out too much money though since the club is not exactly rich. Thus the 'normal' setting will have to do it.

swBjTLl.jpg

Alright, time for the draw of the first cup round. I forgot to change the name of it though, but whatever. Just imagine DFB as 'Dirty Fag Bros' or something else more codexian.

dBIMwHt.jpg

And we will be going against... drums rolling the glorious Neckarsulmer SU from some very low league you can't even view in the game. We will most probably slaughter them.

Bp6WF70.png

We've also got our first injured players. Shitnipple and DDZ got injured during a friendly match. Not a good start, Shitnipple will probably miss the first games of the season.

WYJw0om.jpg

iUuFHNM.jpg

Also stabby is bored in training. Well, alright, more work for you then.

zThLRMM.png

Time for the first match! This should be a fairly easy one, we might easily shoot 5 or more goals here.

These are the lineups of each team:

KmVI8QV.jpg

11748.jpg
: A team such as ours should be winning this match without any problem at all! Let's do this! Also I have faith in all you.

Green means morals have increased so my speech can't have been that bad. Of course raw wasn't impressed at all.

uaGKDXz.jpg

So far so good. Let's pull up our game from behind.

nE6eDoJ.jpg

35th Minute and still no goal?! Not even a chance, what the hell! First shot on goal in the game and it's sea plunging a free kick in the enemies wall.

But only seconds later...

6FKmzin.png

Ve8yJHm.jpg

Menck scored, thank god!

Origin:

Menck got the ball in midfield and played it to the left wing where raw was already starting
oymLms9.jpg

YYS4Gbz.jpg

Raw used his skills to get ahead the enemy defender and crossed the ball in on Menck who did brilliantly by sneaking behind the enemies defence:
vghTmtT.jpg

XvHhqoI.jpg

And thankfully Menck did his job very well by hammering the ball into the net.
4TYLNiq.jpg

Nonetheless I am not amused in half time. 1:0 is way too low against such a low level enemy.

11748.jpg
: What is up with you guys! Aside from that goal you are playing pretty bad ffs! Get yourself together!
FP1JTeu.jpg

Jim cried a little and Menck was all "Yeah, fuck you too".

Second half didn't start any better though, up until the 80th minute absolutely NOTHING happened anymore!
So it was time for a substitution. Maybe fresh players could bring more power to the game.

Jim and Jagged Appliance went out, Zdzisiu and A bear named spigot (referred to as Abos from now on) got in.
bUwgQ8l.jpg

And the game actually got better. In this scene sea managed to get a fine cross Jvegi
VKTUUAH.jpg

Unfortunately the angle was a bit to steep for Jvegi so the keeper could block it, but at least we had won a corner
XvIgvit.jpg

Raw takes the corner which is very well shot
1zvhwCc.jpg

And sea almost crowns his good performance with a blasting header but gets denied by the enemies defender clearing right at the goalline!
SXxtm14.jpg

Nothing much happened from then, raw had another chance but he didn't really hit the ball. So we take home a scrappy win against a harmless Neckarsulmer SU.
Nm60cVD.jpg

11748.jpg
: Yeah, we might have won but come on, we should have given 'em a good beating today! That was arrogant and WAY off guys!
NtgOPGG.jpg

And now: STATS!

As you can see we absolutely dominated the match. Neckarsulm didn't even have a single shot on goal. Also we had 4 clear cut chances which means we were pretty unlucky we didn't get a better result.
j5SfSDk.jpg

Player Ratings are pretty average with sea, Iren and Menck playing pretty good and raw standing out in a decent performance overall.

jppPYiP.jpg

So this concludes this update. I would have loved to upload the goal to YouTube but somehow the game won't let me log into my YT account even though I have followed all steps required. This sucks, showing the goals only on picture is a bit dull :/

Whatever, look forward to the next update when we start playing in the league starting against RPGamer and the weaklings from Kotaku! Until then.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom