Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Read: Justice League of America

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well it's not an entirely continuous run, there were a handful of issues by different writers between Prometheus and IT.

Anyway, next up is a whopper size saga, DC One Million. Assuming you want all the tie-ins which were written by other people.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, I couldn't be bothered to explain Erebus the basics of sequential fiction and why he's being silly. I guess jimbob didn't either.

Someone discuss something, gawd.
I brought up parallels to Flex Mentallo that was your cue to sperg out about something interesting :x
Well, I think I will post Flex Mentallo next, assuming people don't wanna read Doom Patrol (which would be a major case of wat). Speaking of which, I gotta go and buy me the new reprint of that!

PS: Update later today.

Vaarna_Aarne

Actually, one short poll before I get to work...

Just the main DC One Million issues, or tie-ins as well?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
This version (in the first post) of Superman, with his fat cheeks and long hair, reminds me of John Travolta...

Vaarna_Aarne

wpmlD.jpg

WEQIt.jpg

TXrmy.jpg

jaUVD.jpg

dHy07.jpg

msWtd.jpg

X79NI.jpg

tibgc.jpg

VITfY.jpg

Gge8m.jpg

BUtdQ.jpg

NZ5b6.jpg

zoXcf.jpg

NarkF.jpg

IXh8E.jpg

ZZpgp.jpg

ctgJx.jpg

mEDht.jpg

UZIMr.jpg

86Bqe.jpg

ZMYIS.jpg

snXaR.jpg

SJwRC.jpg

x8RBQ.jpg

A88Fe.jpg

uJwgZ.jpg

fbXv7.jpg

ZAlFB.jpg

VXvJC.jpg

wBfYC.jpg

Zcczj.jpg

bMRhw.jpg

S6wSo.jpg

7e8xV.jpg

hTeft.jpg

NhJwM.jpg

aDOVi.jpg

sgoHk.jpg

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
wtf happened to the breasts of the women

fuck this shit

Random

Arcane
Patron
He doesn't have immortal healing, only enhanced natural healing (he just heals a bit faster and scars are usually not left behind by wounds)

Vaarna_Aarne

So bros, here's a million dollar question:

Shall I post moar (there's still stuff to go through, Morrison has written a lot of JLA over the years), or shall I post his more highbrow (seeing how Codex hates on ADVENTURE) work? The work in question would be Doom Patrol, with finishing touch through its "sequel", Flex Mentallo.

Doom Patrol is one of typically accepted Three Great Works of Grant Morrison (being Animal Man, Doom Patrol and The Invisibles). In it he takes full control over writing an old C-List superhero team called Doom Patrol, which consists of freaks and outcasts. It's a glorious series of stories about metaphysics, metafiction, surrealism, psychology, rationality/irrationality, The Smiths discography, and (obviously, since it's GM) the human spirit. One of the central characters is Cliff Steele AKA Robotman, a former douchebag race driver who is reduced to being a brain enclosed inside a robotic body, and if you ask yours truly along with The Swamp Thing one of the most noble fictional characters of all time. The team along with him is Negative Man, a man who is bonded with the Negative Spirit Rebis (and world's first hermaphrodite superhero after GM gets to work); Crazy Jane, a woman with multiple personality disorder whose 64 different personalities all have different superpowers; Dorothy Spinner, an ape-faced girl whose imaginary friends are real; the team led by the wheelchair-bound genius doctor Niles Caulder.

Flex Mentallo is the indirect follow-up of Doom Patrol, a metafictional miniseries about superhero comics and the superhero concept. Grant Morrison's personal "superhero bible" some would say. The story happens on two levels, one is the story of a rockstar named Wally Sage (revealed in Supergods to be partly an "alternate life" version of GM himself), who is waiting for an overdose to kill him, calls a suicide hotline from an alleyway to talk about superheroes. All those shitty, amazing comics. The other is about a superhero he created when he was a child, Flex Mentallo, The Man of Muscle Mystery, on a journey as the world is ending. As usual, the story is Morrison's protest against the grimdarkening of superheroes and life in general.

I, Ess Vee, supreme ruler of the Playground humbly commands you to post Doom Patrol.

It sounds delightfully Cleveian.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom