Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play VtM: Wild Nights - Chapter 10

laclongquan

Arcane
That kind of real evil sick bastard may appeal to rotten fucks like you since it require none from you, not even exertion.

But it will put heavy toll on storyteller, even more than Malkavian madness. At least Malks have the virtue of curiousity-inducing and weirdness. Those evil impulses? It will get bored quickly.

If evil characters success, which the whole thing seem likely, I expect an abandoned and restart round.

Contrary to what you believe, Evil is Boring.

Esquilax

Arcane
root said:
P. Much. I'll change my vote to Brujah if he's Adebisi, although Adebisi is incredibly smart and IMO true brojah material, even more so with his depravities.

Man, that show went really down the shitter after he died. Most bro character ever. Adebisi would pretty much be a typical regular Brujah who doesn't give a fuck about rules. A True Brujah character would never be like him 'cause he's constantly ruled by his impulses, loves to shoot up heroin and is a complete hedonist. He's a cunning planner, but he's not the methodical type though. He's got more of an animal cunning and he's way too undisciplined to be an emotionless True Brujah hitman. Regular Brujah it is.

We know that the Brujah in the description is very old. Probably quite powerful and dangerous as well. He was probably around for the Great Fire of London in 1666:

A) You have crossed oceans. Toppled governments. You watched as this city burnt, centuries ago. You watched them rebuild it. You’ve made good friends amongst the Kindred – and even those who call themselves Cainites. Most of them saw their last sunrise a long time ago; and now you wander the familiar streets of Islington, or hanging out at the Anarch meetings, listening to the young punks talk about affecting change. Most of them speak of you with little reverence, these days, saying you’re past it. A washout. A failure. You don’t care; you’ve got a plan. One final trick up your sleeve. You are Brujah.

I think that picking him will allow us to dig deeper into London as a setting and make the world feel even more alive. It says he crossed oceans, too. Maybe he was a slave across the pond, slew his captors and was Embraced for his fierce desire for freedom and undeniable brotitude. We need a multikult LP, grotbro. A cybernegro BROJAH with the last name Shepard. It must be done.

ironyuri mentioned he didn't like the fact that this guy was against Bob Griddle. We've only met Bob very briefly; who knows, maybe the guy is an asshole. And hell, maybe we want to be a bit of an asshole too.

Unfortunately, it seems only myself and anver liked the Malk. Nobody else wants to be BFF's with an ancient Roman Kindred of tremendous power.

Votan BROJAH. Come with me to the EXTREME side, bros.

EDIT: Tally updated. Not sure on SCO's vote, tell me if I fucked anything up.

Excidium - Tremere Antitribu
laclongquan - Edgar Fellowes
Breaking Axe - Anthony Sommers
ironyuri - Undecided
Kz3r0 - Tremere Antitribu
Erebus - Kiasyd
golgepapaz - Kiasyd
Djadjamankh - Anthony Sommers
Undead Phoenix - Brujah
Orgasm - Tzimisce
Esquilax - Brujah
Gondolin - Lasombra
Kashmir Slippers - Anthony Sommers
Sergiu64 - Anthony Sommers
root - True Brujah
Storyfag - Tzimisce
wjw - Tremere Antitribu (just going by the most exclamation marks in your post)
SCO - Lasombra antitribu (?)
Baltika - Edgar Fellowes
Rod Rodderson - Lasombra antitribu
anver - Brujah
Crooked Bee - Malkavian

laclongquan said:
Most Kindred are some shade of evil, especially after some centuries of unlife. Unless you think that feeding from someone by force or deception or taking advantage of everything you can for some shred of temporal power is something else. Evil is fine, it's the sort of over-the-top cartoony evil-for-the-sake-of-evil that can get boring quickly (which, to be fair, seems to be what you're talking about).

Esquilax said:
ironyuri mentioned he didn't like the fact that this guy was against Bob Griddle. We've only met Bob very briefly; who knows, maybe the guy is an asshole. And hell, maybe we want to be a bit of an asshole too.
Being opposed to a balls-out attack on the prince's palace doesn't exactly make Griddle an asshole, just... not insane (or overly extreme, if that's the word of the day here).

Anyway... if there's no more support for the Lasombra antitribu (I can't let it die just yet), then I'll vote for a Brujah. A little more extreme, a bit less cunning, and a lot less drowning-you-in-your-own-shadow, but I think that it would do quite well for a change (from Anthony, that is). The Tremere antitribu-to-be also seems quite interesting, but, honestly, I'd like to just get away from Eames for a bit.

Esquilax

Arcane
Rod Rodderson said:
Being opposed to a balls-out attack on the prince's palace doesn't exactly make Griddle an asshole, just... not insane (or overly extreme, if that's the word of the day here).

Anyway... if there's no more support for the Lasombra antitribu (I can't let it die just yet), then I'll vote for a Brujah. A little more extreme, a bit less cunning, and a lot less drowning-you-in-your-own-shadow, but I think that it would do quite well for a change (from Anthony, that is). The Tremere antitribu-to-be also seems quite interesting, but, honestly, I'd like to just get away from Eames for a bit.

Dude, you feel really invested in that Lasombra antitribu character. Sounds fun and very fucking risky, which in my mind is only a good thing. Only thing I don't really like is if the character is Camarilla; we've already played with that faction. Also, we've already played a more socially manipulative vamp in Sommers, playing someone who's not afraid of going toe-to-toe with people might be a nice change of pace. Lasombra aren't very collar-grabby.

However, I think that your choice is at a severe disadvantage, because unlike the others, this one does not have a character background like the others. The Brujah and Tremere antitribu choices are greatly helped by the fact that they have either a very intriguing PC behind them or a downright suicidal situation, respectively. They are just really exciting options overall and provide a great setup for the second Act.

If grotsnik would be so kind as to provide a background for the clan you propose, I think it would give your suggestion a fair shot. As it is, your suggestion, while interesting, simply doesn't have a hook 'cause we aren't invested in the individual PC that we'd be playing.

Still voting for Brojah, but in the interests of fairness I think there should be a character background. Hell, maybe even suggest one yourself.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Tempted to flop to Kiasyd just for 3 ties of 3 votes on 3 different chars.

:troll:

No one wants to be a hunter.

The lasombra antribu :

There are no Lasombra antitribu, at least, not according to the Lasombra themselves. The Sabbat Lasombra deny that “traitors” exist, while the so-called antitribu see themselves as Lasombra — nothing more, nothing less. Not all Lasombra who disagree with the clan’s stance within the Sabbat join the Camarilla -- a significant percentage of this relatively small number simply go independent and absent themselves from vampiric politics entirely. The remainder, however, seize for themselves positions of respect and authority — if not prominence — in the Camarilla. Philosophically, Camarilla Lasombra differ little from their Sabbat compatriots on a basic level. The antitribu still fully expect to win the Jyhad; they just see the Camarilla as a more efficient and effective tool for doing so than the Sabbat is. Distaste for the rabble the Sabbat is encased in shows clearly in Camarilla Lasombra’s attitudes, as they regard the Sabbat tactic of mass Embraces as wasteful and insulting. Indeed, even the supporters of antitribu inclusion in the Camarilla see these vampires as haughty, arrogant and impatient. Few suffer fools or incompetent underlings to live, and the penalty for failing an assignment set by a Lasombra antitribu is often death. The position occupied by these few self-exiled Kindred is an ambiguous one. On one hand, these vampires are Lasombra, the core of the dreaded Sabbat, and no Camarilla vampire is ever completely certain than the defection is a real one. On the other hand, essentially all Lasombra antitribu are creatures of undeniable power and presence, and are devoted to the destruction of the Sabbat in a way that few other Kindred are. The Camarilla cannot afford to waste these Cainites’ talents, powers and knowledge of the enemy but cannot afford to trust them entirely, either.

Montano ( WHO IS BLACK ) is a lasombra antribu and 4th gen (whooo!).

Esquilax

Arcane
root said:
and i'm willing to change to BRUJAH if (and only if) he's black

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you weren't already on my BRO list, I would add you to that list again.

:bro:

Oh btw, here's a Codex entry grot wrote about the Centurion from way back. Most likely a Malk, but judging by his corpse-like appearance, it could also perhaps be an ancient Cappadocian that survived the Giovanni usurpation:

The Centurion

"Ha! You fools! You do not realise that I have a force greater than any of you at my beck and call! Centurion, come forth! Morituri de salutant! Centurion! ...Centurion?"
The Ventrue Roger Partlow, shortly before his death at the hands of Sabbat thugs.

Nobody is certain of the provenance of the Centurion - even amongst the oldest vampires in London, who have only ever known this strange, chaotic, Latin-speaking creature as an unknown terror - a terrifying, Kindred-slaying ghost in the night. Some report that the clanking Roman armour it has been seen in is nothing more than a costume shop prop. Others claim to have spotted it in a mechanic's uniform, or even an old, dusty tux.

What is clear is that this decaying, shambling creature has no loyalties, and no mission...or, at least, none that any Kindred have been able to understand. It appears to revel in pure chaos, strolling into Sabbat warehouses, Camarilla hangouts, or Anarch dens, massacring at will with peculiar spells and a rusted gladius. Sometimes it will take sides, choosing apparently at random to protect one group against another. At other times it will simply slaughter all present...or even pass by with nothing more than a cheerful greeting of 'Ave' and perhaps a macabre gift. It moves quickly, seeming to appear and disappear, and no Kine authority or media outlet has ever seemed to pick up on its existence.

Many have attempted to bring down the Centurion (certainly, it strikes with a carelessness that is forever in danger of breaking the Masquerade)...and many more have attempted to win it over to their side. Both efforts habitually end in failure - sometimes mortal. With surprising frequency, idiotic Sabbat members will claim that the Centurion is actually on their side, only to have it immediately murder its way through one of their hideouts. Even a few elder Kindred who really ought to have known better lost their lives after conversing with the creature in Latin, convincing themselves that they'd successfully manipulated it into working for them, then led an assault on their enemies...only to find that the Centurion had vanished, often butchering some of its 'allies' beforehand. These last points have led many vampires to speculate that - whatever the true nature of the Centurion - it possesses a grand sense of humour.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A brujah troublemaker would be unwelcome in this time.

The sabbat is at war with the cammarila, in the united states, and (obviously) london.

The anarchs generally tend to align with the cammarila when the alternative is the sabbat (and their "games of instinct", pathetic secret sects like the true black hand that does the exact opposite that the sabbat says it does).

This guy would just exacerbate the war and die.

ironyuri

BROS I AM SO CONFLICTED I DONT KNOW HOWT O VOTE ITS HURTAN MY BRIAN

Seriously. I'm torn, BROS. The True Brojah sounds better than the Brujah which seems to have become a softcock in comp to his original character specs.

The Tzismice sounds cool, but as an Archbishop is possibly too powerful. It would be very rare we'd get to do things by ourselves given we've got a whole network already (basically where we'd be starting if we picked Sommers (again) or Earnes.)

The Tremere antitribu sounds cool, but we'd be stuck without much help. The Pyramid will fuck us over at the first opportunity they get if they detect anything untoward. The Sabbat (the new London Tzimisce may just kill us for fun if we go to them for shelter).

The Kiaysd as a clan don't sound action-y, but more interested in relics and vampiric phenomena, Lasombra versions of Beckett?

Lasombra antitribu would probably play similarly to tremere antitribu. Untrusted, unwanted, etc.

Anyway- MY VOTAN IS FOR SALE BROS. SELL ME HARD.

ironyuri

root said:
12428.jpg

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Erebus said:
Esquilax said:
My only reservations about the Tzimisce are that the constant barrage of evil, sick and depraved shit might end up getting one-dimensional.

I'd tend to agree. Playing a complete monster can be fun for a while, but it won't necessarily stay entertaining very long.

I guess we wouldn't have to do sick and depraved things often enough for them to dominate the character. I have complete trust in grotBRO in that regard. Keep in mind that this Tzimisce is a fucking Archbishop, not a juvenile shovelhead. These kind of vamps generally tend to have outgrown doing evulz for shits and giggles. Instead they don't shy away from the wisdom of Machiavelli - "If you must hurt someone, hurt him thoroughly, for those hurt lightly will want revenge. Those hurt thoroughly cannot take theirs."

Think of Tzimisce as of the Sith from Star Wars. Was Palpatine doing evil for the lulz or in a cold, calculated manner?

ironyuri said:
BROS I AM SO CONFLICTED I DONT KNOW HOWT O VOTE ITS HURTAN MY BRIAN

Seriously. I'm torn, BROS. The True Brojah sounds better than the Brujah which seems to have become a softcock in comp to his original character specs.

The Tzismice sounds cool, but as an Archbishop is possibly too powerful. It would be very rare we'd get to do things by ourselves given we've got a whole network already (basically where we'd be starting if we picked Sommers (again) or Earnes.)

Keep in mind, however, that playing this Tzimisce has the advantage of showing us the inner workings of the ENTIRE LONDON SABBAT. We get what we got with Sommers and the Camarilla, but with the Sabbat instead.

ironyuri said:
The Kiaysd as a clan don't sound action-y, but more interested in relics and vampiric phenomena, Lasombra versions of Beckett?

That they are. I'd play one gladly if not for the Tzimisce choice...

Also, you collargrabbing lot. Can you say Horrid Form of the Zulo? 8-9 foot tall Tzimisce war-form with vastly higher physical attributes, capable of social interaction only with other Tzimisce in war-form and using Strength instead of Manipulation for the purpose of intimidation checks :incline:

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
ironyuri said:
The Tremere antitribu sounds cool, but we'd be stuck without much help. The Pyramid will fuck us over at the first opportunity they get if they detect anything untoward. The Sabbat (the new London Tzimisce may just kill us for fun if we go to them for shelter).
But that's the fun. The risk! The thrill!

And if he dies in the first update, well, we can always pick another toy...

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Excidium said:
And if he dies in the first update, well, we can always pick another toy...

This idea has merit. Time to begin politics. Will the lot of you Tremere Antitribu make an oath to vote Tzimisce after we're done with this Tzimisce-wannabe? If so, I will flop, getting it to the lead.

Edit: obviously in this case I will also make an oath to vote sensibly and not kill the Tremere as soon as possible :smug: His expected lifespan is that of a snowflake in Hell without malicious intent on my part :incline:

Esquilax

Arcane
Storyfag said:
This idea has merit. Time to begin politics. Will the lot of you Tremere Antitribu make an oath to vote Tzimisce after we're done with this Tzimisce-wannabe? If so, I will flop, getting it to the lead.

No deals and tricks. If you pick a character, you should try to do as well as possible with that character, IMO. I think it's lame to just pick Tremere Antitribu betting on the chance that the character will die horribly so you can pick Tzimisce in a future story arc. You should pick a character cause you think it's cool. These agreements often end up shaky because even if they agree with you at the time, they might find something else more interesting in the future.

Besides, I will also eventually want to get back to Sommers too.

Breaking Axe

Educated
Breaking Axe - Brujah (I'm assuming the first name on your list is your first choice)

That's not the case, my vote goes to the majority if it's for an option in my list, otherwise my vote goes to Summers.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Esquilax said:
No deals and tricks.

Ah, c'est la vie, or however it might be spelled. Consider the above proposition null and void then.

Esquilax said:
Besides, I will also eventually want to get back to Sommers too.

Well, can't say I wouldn't either. And, truth be told, I'd rather play him sooner than later and will probably vote for him in the third installment. Unless the second installment is really, really short.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
aND HERE I am, voting for a MALKAVIAN. I think grotsnik could make an extremely bizarre and entertaining LP out of that.

Esquilax

Arcane
ironyuri said:

Brujah: Act I said:
A) You have crossed oceans. Toppled governments. You watched as this city burnt, centuries ago. You watched them rebuild it. You’ve made good friends amongst the Kindred – and even those who call themselves Cainites. Most of them saw their last sunrise a long time ago; and now you wander the familiar streets of Islington, or hanging out at the Anarch meetings, listening to the young punks talk about affecting change. Most of them speak of you with little reverence, these days, saying you’re past it. A washout. A failure. You don’t care; you’ve got a plan. One final trick up your sleeve. You are Brujah.

Brujah: Act II said:
A) To many, the Anarchs’ mission seems as hopeless and naïve as ever. You took your plan of a co-ordinated attack on the Prince’s palace in Knightsbridge to Robert Griddle, who rejected it. Since then, you’ve spent time drowning yourself in fist-fights and acts of calculated recklessness, in between making overtures towards Griddle’s rivals, trying to win their support against him. In the past few nights, however, you’ve made a surprising new contact, a powerful figure within the Camarilla who claims to be sympathetic to your cause, which may turn things around entirely…

I'm sure that just like how the major flaw that defined Anthony was a crippling fear of his own mortality, this is the Brujah character's flaw. Seems like a guy who is so determined that he's right that he's willing to do whatever it takes to achieve a goal no matter what the consequences or how fucking crazy it is. Combine that with your Brujah passion and rage and you have a total shit-disturber in the finest traditions of the clan.

Also he'll provide a great contrast to Anthony. Tony was the kind of guy that could take shit from someone, but then plot to fuck them in the ass as soon as they got out of earshot. I have a feeling that if this Brujah fellow had glue sprayed on his clothes during the Baron's meeting at the end of Act I, he'd frenzy and kill the motherfucker. Anthony was a pragmatic guy who took calculated risks; this guy is a reckless rebel desperate to gain the respect he's lost. Anthony was afraid of death; this guy is the type who takes major risks and doesn't mind playing Russian roulette with his life every now and then. Unlike Tony, his strength is probably in direct action, which is definitely a change of pace.

Also nice is that he'll provide a lot of great insight on London as it's changed over the centuries, since he's clearly much older than Anthony. I'd love to hear about what kind of unlife he's lead over the centuries and where he's from.

ironyuri said:

Yep, we'd be up shit creek without a paddle. Sounds pretty fucking cool, don't you think? It's a hell of an opportunity to be creative being that you're in such deep shit. Think about it; if you start playing the good little Tremere drone and start trying to earn some prestige within the Clan so that you can gain Eames' trust and access to sensitive info, the Sabbat might think you are lying Tremere scum and they'll send some sick Tzimisce in to make you into a coffee table. However, if you play it too risky and start asking too many dumb questions to the wrong people, Eames will get wise and you'll be staked out for the sun.

Also, being a spy betraying their own clan really allows you to be a cutthroat. If we start suspecting Eames and some of the others within the Clan are getting wise to us, it'll be fun to pin it on someone else.

The Kiasyd are more of a "mystical choice" that will allow the player to uncover mysteries and secrets long forgotten in London. Only problem is that it's nowhere near as cool as Malkavian if you're into that sort of thing. The combination of Malkavian insight and contact with the Centurion is far more interesting, IMO. I don't think there's a single person following this LP that doesn't want to know what the Centurion is and what his motivations are. Plus it's a completely unique style of game that way what with the visions and the demented writing and descriptions.

None of the other LP's are really anything like the Malk one, so it's probably the most unique one.

Overall, I guess I like Brujah the most, but barely. Tremere antitribu, Malk, and even Tzimisce are all insanely interesting and no matter which of those we pick, we'll have a hell of a second act.

laclongquan

Arcane
Rod Rodderson said:
laclongquan said:
Most Kindred are some shade of evil, especially after some centuries of unlife. Unless you think that feeding from someone by force or deception or taking advantage of everything you can for some shred of temporal power is something else. Evil is fine, it's the sort of over-the-top cartoony evil-for-the-sake-of-evil that can get boring quickly (which, to be fair, seems to be what you're talking about).

Against necessities even gods strive in vain, brother.

I dont consider vampires depicted in WoD being evil. They need that blood. Dangerous yes, need to be killed for the sake of humans yes. Evil? No.

The ways our sick idiots going on above my post and yours they are wanting a cannibalist, possibly children-eater. Now which part of that is necessity to the survival of a vampire, I ask you. That's just plain evil, preying on the weakest in hope of gaining power. Bah.

Know your evilness, bro.

I'd say there's a major difference between taking a child apart in some (possibly) deluded attempt to transcend flesh, or just out of sheer curiosity, than in eating one for the evulz. I'd imagine the Tzimisce would be closer to the former. Or, indeed, any player character.

As for the evilness of vampires... it does come down to the individual. And I might be using the term loosely, but I wouldn't consider the things I mentioned as being good, at least. Evil isn't a good word to use, though, is it. Inhuman is probably better.

Esquilax said:
Lasombra aren't very collar-grabby.
Most aren't, but they can be. They certainly have the Discipline set for it. And there's no need to play to a stereotype, after all. He could have come to London because his cunt of a childe thought the grass was greener on the Sabbat side and made staying in his original home too dangerous. He wants to consolidate a power base in the new city; what does he do? He could play it from the shadows, but with all of the mistrust leveled his way, he'd have a hell of a time doing it. Alternatively, he could make a point of it all, sell what he knows about the Sabbat to the highest bidder in exchange for a modicum of protection, and just murder the crap out of anything that crossed him while trying to find his childe. Hell, he might go so far as to try to tear the weakened Sabbat out of the city. And why pay for information when you can choke someone with their own shadow? Or just order them to answer. Or break a few bones.

That's just an idea I had now. Not as eloquent as grotsnik's backgrounds, of course, but it's the best I can while still pretending to study.

But, yeah, as I said, my vote goes to Brujah if this goes nowhere.

Esquilax

Arcane
Lac seems pretty butthurt about playing a bad guy. May have to flop to Tzimisce for lulz and to aggravate said butthurt.

Storyfag said:
Keep in mind, however, that playing this Tzimisce has the advantage of showing us the inner workings of the ENTIRE LONDON SABBAT. We get what we got with Sommers and the Camarilla, but with the Sabbat instead.

With Sommers, there was fun in working your way up in an organization with little social mobility and becoming a man of influence by getting shit done. Here, we're already the man. I can definitely see the fun in being such powerful individual, but the fun in Act I was earning that power to begin with. It's not as cool if you don't have to struggle a bit for it. We have such a huge number of retainers and underlings now that I'm worried we might not have much opportunity to get our hands dirty personally; besides, we've already played a politic Kindred already.

With Tzimisce, the fun will be in finding ways to unite the divided Sabbat swarming in from the rest of the UK into a strong, cohesive unit and striking terror into the Camarilla with our creations. The fun here will be mostly in reversing the horrible way that this war has been going so far. Maintaining morale will be a must; if we stay in the shadows too much and don't do anything EXTREME, our soldiers on the street will have no respect for us and they'll think us weak. However, at the same time, taking on the Camarilla head-on is suicidal and defeat will make the Cardinal furious and our PC in line for the chopping block. It's an interesting dilemma, to be in such a position.

Although I gotta say, nowhere near as risky as the Tremere antitribu dilemma. Boy, that mage sure is fucked.

Storyfag said:
Also, you collargrabbing lot. Can you say Horrid Form of the Zulo? 8-9 foot tall Tzimisce war-form with vastly higher physical attributes, capable of social interaction only with other Tzimisce in war-form and using Strength instead of Manipulation for the purpose of intimidation checks :incline:

IIRC it takes time to enter Zulo form. You can't just transform like a flick of a switch, no? It takes time. A strong Brujah could just tear you a new asshole anyways if they've caught you by surprise. And even if they haven't; Tzimisce aren't the fighting type, if memory serves.

Besides, I see the lack of social interaction as a huge drawback to the Zulo form. When I grab collars, I want to spout EXTREME one-liners, goddamnit!

This guy (or lady!) is an Archbishop, so it's clearly a politic Kindred. I'm not saying that they can't fucking terrify their underlings, what kind of Tzimisce would they be? But much like Tony, this won't be a person who's particularly great at direct action. After all, that's what you've got your trusty Paladin (probably some :obviously: Ventrue antitribu) for instead. You got a whole legion of people to do all that shit for you. It would be lame if this character were just great at everything.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Esquilax said:
Lac seems pretty butthurt about playing a bad guy. May have to flop to Tzimisce for lulz and to aggravate said butthurt.

:incline:

Esquilax said:
]Here, we're already the man. I can definitely see the fun in being such powerful individual, but the fun in Act I was earning that power to begin with. It's not as cool if you don't have to struggle a bit for it.

The way I see it we already did the earning part. For a different character, true, but that is finished now. No need to repeat the experience, or it may become boring.

Esquilax said:
With Tzimisce, the fun will be in finding ways to unite the divided Sabbat swarming in from the rest of the UK into a strong, cohesive unit and striking terror into the Camarilla with our creations. The fun here will be mostly in reversing the horrible way that this war has been going so far. Maintaining morale will be a must; if we stay in the shadows too much and don't do anything EXTREME, our soldiers on the street will have no respect for us and they'll think us weak. However, at the same time, taking on the Camarilla head-on is suicidal and defeat will make the Cardinal furious. It's an interesting dilemma, to be in such a position.

Indeed. And imagine all those Bishops and Ducti believing they're entitled to our position. The constant Monomacies, scheming... it will be a tough ride to stay in power and use it according to the Cardinal's wishes.

BTW grotsnik, would you be so kind as to provide any hints on the nature of the Cardinal. Even if we end up playing someone completely different, I guess *any* UK Cainite would have heard something about him/her...

Esquilax said:
IIRC it takes time to enter Zulo form. You can't just transform like a flick of a switch, no? It takes time. A strong Brujah could just tear you a new asshole anyways if they've caught you by surprise. And even if they haven't; Tzimisce aren't the fighting type, if memory serves.

The rulebook doesn't specify how long the transformation takes, if at all, but it is only logical it has to take at least a dozen seconds, true. As for the fighting type... before this LP began, I was quite certain Toreadors aren't the fighting type. Enter Edgar Fellowes. Plus, the Tzimisce of old made a sport out of hunting Lupines in the forests of the Old Country. Hunting and fighting them in hand to hand combat. The Zulo shape *is* nasty :smug:

Esquilax said:
Besides, I see the lack of social interaction as a huge drawback to the Zulo form. When I grab collars, I want to spout EXTREME one-liners, goddamnit!

Well, intimidation is still possible, and that implies speech... Not much more than one-liners though!

Esquilax said:
This guy (or lady!) is an Archbishop, so it's clearly a politic Kindred. I'm not saying that they can't fucking terrify their underlings, what kind of Tzimisce would they be? But much like Tony, this won't be a person who's particularly great at direct action. After all, that's what you've got your trusty Paladin (probably some :obviously: Ventrue antitribu) for instead. You got a whole legion of people to do all that shit for you. It would be lame if this character were just great at everything.

Indeed it would. But a proper Archbishop has seen his fair share of Monomacies (granted, these can take the weirdest forms, like the duelling vampires shooting each others' ghouls...), Crusades and other assorted Sabbat physical exercise. S/he wouldn't have risen to such rank otherwise. So s/he, ahhh screw it, it's a Tzimisce! So IT has to know how to handle itself.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Esquilax said:
But much like Tony, this won't be a person who's particularly great at direct action. After all, that's what you've got your trusty Paladin (probably some :obviously: Ventrue antitribu) for instead.

I can as easily picture the Paladin as a kickass Lasombra. The one from Clan Novel Lasombra was done surprisingly well. And he was surprisingly believable. Obtenebration + Potence = assrape.

ironyuri

I'm slowly being sold on the Tzimisce bloc.

Based on grots original Brujah write-up, he was to be several centuries old (he saw the fire of London). Bob Griddle, while old, was embraced in what, the Victorian era? Yet a much younger, probably higher generation Griddle defangs our lower gen much older and survived Brujah by calling him out on an attack on the Prince (and I know someone called it suicidal before but.... consider the fact the Prince was in a seriously weakened position and highly paranoid. The Anarchs could have swooped in, kicked him out of London and forced the Barons to the table. The Barons couldn't have warred both the Sabbat (pre Sommers execution of Angelos) and the Anarchs. Yet the faggy Anarchs fucked this Brujah over? Why?) and ended his plans.

I see the possible benefits of playing a lower generation, high level Tzimisce in that he'd be much less derp than Angelos was in his pride (Angelos reminded me alot of Andre in Bloodlines) and much more fearsome in that he wouldn't need to be fleshcrafting every Cainite he ran into, but rather, commanding them through the fear of what he could do alone. Maybe we could even travel to Wales and fight some Garou in our Zulo form to gain the respect of the London sabbat? XTREME.

Hmmmmm.

I'm still undecided but my vote is waivering between Brujah and Tzimisce. That's right bros, I am attention whoring with my vote.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
ironyuri said:
I'm slowly being sold on the Tzimisce bloc.

[palpatine] Good, good! [/palpatine]

ironyuri said:
I see the possible benefits of playing a lower generation, high level Tzimisce in that he'd be much less derp than Angelos was in his pride (Angelos reminded me alot of Andre in Bloodlines) and much more fearsome in that he wouldn't need to be fleshcrafting every Cainite he ran into, but rather, commanding them through the fear of what he could do alone.

I like that idea. Rule through implied terror as opposed to actual one.

ironyuri said:
Maybe we could even travel to Wales and fight some Garou in our Zulo form to gain the respect of the London sabbat? XTREME.

I'm afraid that's not exactly feasible. Walse is far away, and the Archbishop will have to keep an eye on London constantly, both because of the war with the Camarilla and all the potential contenders to its title. Keep in mind that it's an outsider, and it will take some effort to rein in the local Sabbat. While killing Lupines will doubtless impress them, the Archbishop would stand to lose more than it would gain by leaving London.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom