Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play VtM: Wild Nights - Chapter 10

root said:
still, why no nagaraja?
Why a Nagaraja? They're exceptionally rare. And I imagine there's a point where the rare bloodlines stop accumulating in a city. We have a Kiasyd and a True Brujah both as options. If anything of the less-common ones, I wouldn't mind a Lasombra antitribu, with that whole 'everyone hates or doesn't trust you' thing. And, hey, power-gamey Discipline. (Depending on their upbringing, they could go extreme as well as any Brujah, if not better.)

But that's not an option. (Hint, hint.)

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
BTW:

Eventual Fate Edit Eventual Fate sectionEdit

The True Black Hand was eliminated during the events in Ends of Empire when they were the subject of a nuclear attack by Stygia and a second nuke launched in the heart of the Labyrinth. Enoch was annihilated as were the vast majority of the leadership. Some of the Nagaraja found refuge among the Green Courts, and the True Brujah have run to the Followers of Set for shelter.

Don't know if it applies. And yeah, a Lasombra antribu would be cool.

Edit: read the description again and it seems the TBH is still a going concern.

Orgasm

Barely Literate
My choices cant win. Willing to flipflop anywhere for one of your votes later in the future, or a blowjob.

laclongquan

Arcane
Just you wait until the inevitable 2weeks of no updates then Grotsnik post a raving thread essentially say "Fuck you Iam out".

Burnt out writer is a horribly sight to contemplate, the which fate I dont wish upon our newest favourite.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I am flopping to Tremere antitribu.
This is all your fault for not choosing the coolest option, Eames and Hob, an Infernalist and her pet demon, what not to love there?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Esquilax said:
Storyfagbro, make your case for the awesomeness of the Tzimisce potatolander.

If it pleases you...

Watch Francis Ford Coppola's "Bram Stoker's: Dracula". We get to be as close to that as fucking possible. With all the :obviously: glory attatched. We get to be an Archbishop, a cold and calculating monstrosity of the Sabbat, not a juvenile "oooh, let's rip the Kine apart" shovelhead. We'll be in contact with the Cardinal of UK, and that being must be a *very* interesting Cainite. And we'll be getting more of Dubrik, also because of our high political standing. Finally, if you want ruthless, show me a Clan better than Tzimisce. "Rulership is about telling your lessers what to do and impaling those who disobey."

Also, if grotsnik is kind enough to grant us some knowledge of Koldunic Sorcery, our wrath shall become the wrath of the four elements. We will become a force of nature itself.

Also, keep in mind that the WoD version of Dracula did indeed visit London and he did own land there. Imagine what secrets and treasures he might have left behind. Sure, any Cainite might discover them. But I'm sure only a Tzimisce will put them to best use.

grotsnik

Arcane
Rod Rodderson said:
Why a Nagaraja? They're exceptionally rare. And I imagine there's a point where the rare bloodlines stop accumulating in a city. We have a Kiasyd and a True Brujah both as options. If anything of the less-common ones, I wouldn't mind a Lasombra antitribu, with that whole 'everyone hates or doesn't trust you' thing. And, hey, power-gamey Discipline. (Depending on their upbringing, they could go extreme as well as any Brujah, if not better.)

But that's not an option. (Hint, hint.)

root said:
I do resent the lack of token african-londinium vampires (NO LAIBON?!) but that's probably because grotsnik is a skinhead.

Hey, I did say, just shout out if you want another option added to the list...

Though I guess with this hectic 18-option vote (more if you count Andhaira, Volourn and the other Codexian heroes) you might be better off just suggesting it as a choice for Part 3 than trying to convert others to your cause.

Anyway, the True Brujah's South African, rooty. Read thou thy choices before deciding.

SCO said:

I'd rather keep most of this in the shadows, since knowing too much about the EPIC EVENTS spoils the point of it being from the POV of ordinary vampires, but...

My general view on all of that is this; Gehenna was supposed to happen. So it was expected by all Kindred, including antediluvians, on an unconscious level, leading to their awakening. Some acted as in canon, others, already sensing that something was going wrong, upped and vanished. At any rate, ordinary Kindred have become ever more sceptical that the antediluvians really did rise, seeing the events of the Week of Nightmares that did occur as caused by the chaos and panic surrounding the imagined 'Gehenna'.

Just you wait until the inevitable 2weeks of no updates then Grotsnik post a raving thread essentially say "Fuck you Iam out".

I like to think my inevitable mental collapse will be more spectacular than that!

Nah, seriously, I have written at least one okay-ish story from the perspective of deluded characters before with a sustained length, so I don't think it'd kill me. Still, I doubt Malk'll win.

anver

Educated
I vote Malkavian.

Willing to flip-flop if anybody can make a case that there's anything better than a Malk PC, which there isn't. :M

ironyuri said:
An emotionless assassin working for the Methuselahs/Antediluvians of the True Black Hand against both Cammies and Sabbat would be a sweet playthrough since we would get to uncover more of the motivations of all sides involved in this Hob business.
Yup, sounds interesting :roll:

Come on ironyuri, be a bro.

This Brujah in question is smart enough not to fall head-over-heels simply because he has a good contact in the Camarilla.

ironyuri

Undead Phoenix said:
ironyuri said:
An emotionless assassin working for the Methuselahs/Antediluvians of the True Black Hand against both Cammies and Sabbat would be a sweet playthrough since we would get to uncover more of the motivations of all sides involved in this Hob business.

This Brujah in question is smart enough not to fall head-over-heels simply because he has a good contact in the Camarilla.

Actually, now that I've found out the true Brujah is south african (fucking cunts), I've changed my mind. I was hoping that he was just in contact with the Bishop of Cape Town, not that he was actually a native.

:x

I will flop again.

So where did others want to vote?

Kz3r0

Arcane
ironyuri said:
Actually, now that I've found out the true Brujah is south african (fucking cunts), I've changed my mind. I was hoping that he was just in contact with the Bishop of Cape Town, not that he was actually a native.

I will flop again.

Tremere antitribu. :smug:

ironyuri

root said:
ironyuri said:
Undead Phoenix said:
ironyuri said:

I will flop again.

:retarded:

I demand a vote for ironyuri to be declared a persona non grata.

Bro, trust me. He won't be a black South African, he'll probably be a fucking Afrikaaner. An unbearable boer motherfucker.

I lived in SA for most of the 90s, I can no longer stand (white) South Africans. Fuck them to death bro. Seriously.

anver

Educated
Just remember playing Malk in Bloodlines and imagine what grotsnik could do with a Malk PC. Who's apparently in touch with the Centurion. Surely I'm not the only one who wants to know more about him.

And even if it's too strenuous, I trust grotsnik to give the Malk arc a fitting end and have the LP go on with Sommers or whoever.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
The Bloodlines malk sucked. I hate Malkavians that behave like clowns...Malkavians are supposed to be unpredictable and unsettling not goofy.

Donnie was an example of a good Malkavian character.

anver

Educated
Yeah, granted, the writing was uneven. But there were good bits I thought, like the news. Lemme put it like this, remember the potential the Malkavians have and what grotsnik could do with it.

"Police described the scene as grizzly, blood, body parts everywhere , feet in weird places, murder, murder, murder."

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
anver said:
Yeah, granted, the writing was uneven. But there were good bits I thought, like the news. Lemme put it like this, remember the potential the Malkavians have and what grotsnik could do with it.

"Police described the scene as grizzly, blood, body parts everywhere , feet in weird places, murder, murder, murder."
Well there were some good parts but it was mostly "let's go to your orifice" level.

Orgasm

Barely Literate
So I was surfing around and came across this. VOTE TZIMISCE!

Q2ZPF.jpg

grotsnik

Arcane
root said:
Grotbro, is the True BROjah a black nasty motherfucker or an afrikaaner swine?

I did indeed have him down as exactly the sort of clinical, humourless Afrikaaner blonde-haired bastard with a racial superiority complex, muttering about 'blicks', that yuri would probably hate. But I'm not sold on that, necessarily.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Orgasm said:
So I was surfing around and came across this. VOTE TZIMISCE!

Q2ZPF.jpg

:love:

Massive :incline: even though I personally consider Vicissitude a mere perk on top of the Clan's overall ruthlessnes, malevolence and brutality.

Everyone! Listen to what Orgasm said. You know you want to.

Esquilax

Arcane
root said:
how bout a big black ex-guerilla fighter in the nastier african countries with no morals to speak of, a penchant for cruelty and blood diamonds, and a machete?

So basically, Adebisi from Oz:

Simon_Adebisi.jpg

While that kind of dude sounds incredibly brotastic, I don't see him as the type of guy that would get embraced by a True Brujah. The Afrikaner is more orderly, meticulous and sounds much more fitting. The man you describe isn't :obviously: enough for them, tho I can see a depraved, monstrous machete-wielding African killer being Embraced by either the Brujah or the African Tzimisce (Nagloper).

Case in point, Joshua Blahyi aka General Butt Naked:

Blahyi is a member of the Sarpo tribe in Liberia. At age 11, he claims, he was initiated as a tribal priest and participated in his first human sacrifice. During the course of the three day ritual that followed, Blahyi says that he had a vision in which he was told by the Devil that he would become a great warrior and that he should continue to practice human sacrifice and cannibalism to increase his power.

Blahyi has said he led his troops naked except for shoes and a gun. Apparently, he believed that his nakedness was a source of protection from bullets. Blahyi now claims he would regularly sacrifice a victim before battle, saying, "Usually it was a small child, someone whose fresh blood would satisfy the devil." He explained to the Seattle Post-Intelligencer: "Sometimes I would enter under the water where children were playing. I would dive under the water, grab one, carry him under and break his neck. Sometimes I'd cause accidents. Sometimes I'd just slaughter them." In January 2008, Milton-Blahyi confessed to taking part in human sacrifices which "included the killing of an innocent child and plucking out the heart, which was divided into pieces for us to eat."

My only reservations about the Tzimisce are that the constant barrage of evil, sick and depraved shit might end up getting one-dimensional. Also, it's another politic Kindred like Tony, so there isn't as much EXTREME brotitude. Just doing disgusting, evil shit all the time might lose its luster; how many hapless hitchhikers can you fuse together mouth-to-anus before it starts getting old?

Erebus

Arcane
Esquilax said:
My only reservations about the Tzimisce are that the constant barrage of evil, sick and depraved shit might end up getting one-dimensional.

I'd tend to agree. Playing a complete monster can be fun for a while, but it won't necessarily stay entertaining very long.

I really enjoyed the scheming and the intrigue of the first chapter, but I think a radical change would be best for this one in order to keep things fresh. Playing someone who relies more on himself than on his influence/authority to get things done would be nice.

I've already suggested a Kiasyd. My other choices would be Tremere Antitribu (which might make this chapter a very short one) and Gangrel (which would offer a radically different point of view).

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Changing my vote to Tremere antitribu.

I'm curious about Hob and the whole deal with Eames, and he is the perfect character to investigate that.

It's going to be very thrilling playing a character in his situation: spying, supernatural investigations, clever use of thaumaturgy and a lot of risk involved in every choice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom