Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play.... ToEE with Co8

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Exams tomorrow, thursday and friday. Family dinner sat. Anniversary with GF sun.

It will be done when it's done. Every time I try to affix a firm date to when I get to play TOEE, life throws crap at me. You can stop bumping this now.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So spurred on by my temptation to post in Mrowak's ToEE thread, I've decided to confine my ToEE faggotry exploits to my own thread to restrict cross-contamination. A newer, shinier version of Co8 is installed. I'm not taking submissions for the party, although it will still be filled with prominent KKKodexians. Since I'm feeling popamole, everyone will be a pure caster. I also didn't paticularly feel like shuffling build points around, so I just hit "reroll" until the first array with an 18 for the casting stat showed up and used that. Tzeentch was feeling pretty generous so fortunately I'm not stuck with any 18, 12, 10, 6, 6, 3 arrays just yet.

If anyone should die When someone gets horribly raped by ebil guys - barring a TPK before the party makes it back to Hommlet to recruit a replacement - they will be DEAD AND GONE FOREVAR unless the party has somehow gotten hold of raise dead. Either through drops or the party cleric/dr00d having discovered raise dead/reincarnation. I won't actively shop for scrolls of raise dead, but if we find any we'll hang on to them. When someone dies - if we have any scrolls - I'll put it up to a majority vote for 48 hours whether or not to use the scroll to ressurect them. New recruits to the party will enter at whatever level the lowest party member is.

Don't expect regular, detailed updates. I'm a lazy bastard and I'll probably end up gettign sidetracked after the moathouse anyway :troll:

That being said, meet the Decline Delvers

OQrEi.jpg

sOGcd.jpg

qjXOL.jpg

7Bn2e.jpg

JiCeB.jpg

EXCELSIOR!

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Whoa! Awesome! Though it makes me kinda lose motivation to do shit in my LP.

It's Mrowakus, btw (my wizard char ever since my teenage days with Diablo I). But don't bother changing the name.

I see you are making full mage party. T'was my original plan too, but I stuck with what I have.

Good luck. :salute:

edit: Change Chat Noir into a wizard. Wizards in a party gain more benefits (teach each other spells).

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
5 party members. 5 classes that get spells. One of each. which is more useful and why? Discuss!

Also, I plan to update only breifly and sporadically. So do continue your LP good sir

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Get on with it!
Right, we've been through the early part of ToEE a shitton of times already. You can re-read the previous party exploits if this is too brief for your tastes.

Meet the Decline Delvers, part the second.

Bee the Crooked
The partys kleptomaniac bard. She gives head She has all the talky skills. As well as a bow to go with her high dexterity. Since she gets the fewest spells and ToEE punishes archers hardcore, she's the most useless member of the party
29.gif
I hate you so much
:troll:

Mrowakius
Conjurer with an IQ of 217. Specializes in AoE crowd control spells. With his slender, girlish physique he needs a beard to avoid being mistaken for a woman an elf
33.gif
You don't even know what I don't know!

Roxorowski
The partys spiritual guide. I intentionally accidentally placed his best attributes in constitution and strength instead of wisdom and charisma. His main job is to stand in front of everyone and dispense pain with his two-handed rod of phallic imagery +3
4.gif
I'm that thing Cleave is talking about!

The Spekkmeister
With his unparalleled record of actually FINISHING the LP's he starts, I'm hoping Spekkios mojo might rub off. Also, his Conker LP made him the obvious candidate for the resident furfag.
35.gif
Will I be as broken as PnP 3.5 druids without splatbooks?

Time will tell, Spekkmeister. Time will tell.

And finally, the woman you've all been waiting to meet
Neko Noir
The stunningly gorgeous teenage elf filled with bubbly energy, charming people spells and stuffies. Also, since Bee didn't have enough Brainz points for open lock/disable device, she's our resident corpse trapspringer.
9.gif
Nya! :3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It began, as so many things involving the KKKodex does, with us accidentally burning down a church.
phIAP.jpg

4.gif
Oops.
33.gif
I guess we have now established that scrolls are indeed highly flammable
9.gif
Scrollies :(
29.gif
Highly irresponsible of them to keep highly flammable loot in a wooden building. We ought to "inspect" other temples and make sure we relocate expensive scrolls to the safe care of ourselves!

And so they did!
SxOBj.jpg

Bee's Loot-o-vision quickly homed in on a likely shelf
ILtdA.jpg

ZiIXB.jpg

29.gif
9.gif
:love:

It turned out to be retardedly OP scrollsies
nbvTb.jpg

33.gif
They just leave those lying around? :retarded:
35.gif
Clearly they were placed here to ensure balance by making us NOT grind mobz for gold :obviously:

We traded some of the scrollsies in, Mrowakius made us a bunch of backup buffs
KNVEY.jpg

We then went to find some whores and ale to celebrate our newfound wealth
ecD2H.jpg

But the directions to the brothel were FUBAR and send us in the entirely wrong direction.
YzUP0.jpg

9.gif
SPIDERS! AAAAAH!
4.gif
It's time to get my kill on.
29.gif
....Yeah, I'll be back here.
33.gif
Eek! Save me!
35.gif
I just got the weirdest erection

After the spiders, we ran into a bunch of kobolds. The plan was to kill them all, but one of them took a shine to our elven witch
e5m2v.jpg

9.gif
I'll call him Tim! :love:

Tim proved highly eager to coup de grace his brethen, all of which fell asleep as Mrowakius explained to them why The Witcher 2 was quite good for what it was if you learned Polish first.
TwwLf.jpg

The whores turned out to be fairly ugly and into S&M
keOd5.jpg

Once we had worn them out, Tim had an accident involving a ballgag, a leprechaun and a stick of butter. He never really recovered
EIsdC.jpg

9.gif
Timmy! Noooooo!

Neko Noir was incolsolable until the group found a stash of distractingly shiny baubles. And scrollsies.
eClnh.jpg

Heading back we met a metric buttload of goblins
nZ6hl.jpg

That proved highly suspectible to mesmerization by colour spray
96oDe.jpg

92M1Z.jpg

As well as assorted other spells
WTTRu.jpg

33.gif
:smug:

Tims family didn't take the news of their kins sexual perversions well
sf83h.jpg

On their way back to town for ale, the party engaged in rat diplomacy
Lboa7.jpg

Which resulted in Ding! Gratz!
2EiMQ.jpg

hMoaE.jpg

N4dqF.jpg

8wLeC.jpg

RhxqK.jpg

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Ahaha this is wonderful. I hate you so much. You got the kleptomaniac part right, true. But what's that shit about giving head? Freakin' chauvinistic male bastard. Nuke your kind from orbit.
:rpgcodex:

Also, I shoulda been a druid, not a stupid bard. I can't sing dammit.

Also, posting drunk on the Codex ololol.

Ulminati said:

Ahaha ololol I'm gonna burst from laughter right nao.

And good luck. You'll need it, with myself in the party. I mean, just look at what I did to Mrowak's playthrough.

I'm outta here. Ciao!

Mrowak

Arcane
Mrowakius
Conjurer with an IQ of 217. Specializes in AoE crowd control spells. With his slender, girlish physique he needs a beard to avoid being mistaken for a woman an elf

Only one of these things is wrong. Admit it: you are a seer by profession ;)

Crooked Bee said:
Ahaha this is wonderful. I hate you so much. You got the kleptomaniac part right, true. But what's that shit about giving head? Freakin' chauvinistic male bastard. Nuke your kind from orbit.

Also, I shoulda been a druid, not a stupid bard. I can't sing dammit.

Also, posting drunk on the Codex ololol.

Ulminati said:

Ahaha ololol I'm gonna burst from laughter right nao.

And good luck. You'll need it, with myself in the party.

I just had this ominous feeling... something's not right here :(

But then again, my paranoia is getting better of me recenty. ;)

I mean, just look at what I did to Mrowak's playthrough.

You mean becoming master bear summoner and steamrolling opposition into a pile of meatless bones. Oops, spoilered the next update. ;)

Mrowak

Arcane
Hellraiser said:
What a nice caster circle-jerk you have going around in here. Sublime faggotry at it's finest! :salute:

Any more snide remarks Lord Keeper? Btw, where can the hivemind expect updatan? The dark gods are not pleased with your progress...

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Happy decision fun time at the end of this update
Right, this update brings us to where the previous attempt at this LP ended. I'll put some more effort into future updates, as they'll be covering new content.

Back from their evening out in the city, our intrepid adventurers discover they may have gotten more home than they bargained for :troll:
iGetZ.jpg

Fortunately, some inn guest seems to know where the "action" is. He even offers to write it on our map so we don't get lost again. Let's hope this establishment is classier
zc6ZH.jpg

kf3an.jpg

35.gif
The fuck have they been feeding those amphibians? That shit ain't natural.

CLgra.jpg

9.gif
More creepy-crawlies!

ZEh1q.jpg

33.gif
TREMBLE BEFORE MY RETARDEDLY OVERPOWERED SPELL, WHICH WILL BE USELESS IN ABOUT 2 LEVELS!

Scrollsies are found!
MZqAR.jpg

9.gif
:love:

A bunch of bandits lie in ambush as soon as we exit the ruined tower the spider was hiding in. They're easily dispatched. Neko Noir claims a set of thieves tools :smug:
jaFiW.jpg

The Spekkmeister becomes the first member of the group to take a dirt nap :decline:
vLejH.jpg

Followed shortly by our wily witch
ApNNf.jpg

Scalefags detected
baBG1.jpg

Guarding shiny loot
KGsKA.jpg

The group wanders in on the first serious risk of TPK. Lousy initiative rolls but at least the bandits mostly miss
xRi4L.jpg

The bandit leader seems quite resistent to Neko Noir's charms
oVGXC.jpg

9.gif
:x

Although he apparently can't resist the honeypot
U9NF0.jpg

29.gif
9.gif
This isn't over, skank!

We get really close to our first player death
L1yPK.jpg

We loot the room, go back to sell since we're getting encumbered. Return to find the secret door. We kill the ogre using the incredibly cheesy tactic of shooting it with bows through the door since it will most likely oneshot all of us if we let it get an attack off
u4poF.jpg

The ogre has a cloak of elvenkind
3w7Fx.jpg

29.gif
DIBS!

We stumble into a bunch of gnolls because I wasn't paying attention to where I was clicking
f1QaK.jpg

Tupra.jpg

But liberal abuse of charm person allows our two ladies ot sow havoc and pretty much end the fight before it starts
4iGnD.jpg

OoJi0.jpg

9.gif
:roll:
29.gif
So predictable

Even so, Spekkio is a magnet for critical hits
5LaXj.jpg

35.gif
It hurts and stings!

the party progresses deeper into the dungeon, following the sounds of water
lNYXQ.jpg

We have lobster thermidor for dinner, courtesy of grease and attacks of oppertunity
a27kI.jpg

Which brings everyone to level 3! :incline:
jvLxH.jpg

AGhZI.jpg

H9Kt4.jpg

yvpiI.jpg

rGFEI.jpg

Exploration continues, with the party finding the rear entrance. Should save us some time.
0G4Ar.jpg

Since we're getting rather loaded down tiwh Lewt, another inverse shopping spree is in order!
UPQDY.jpg

Unexpected, but very welcome surprises abound as Neko Noir sets to identifying
ji76i.jpg

9.gif
Er, this one is, um, expired. Yeah. totally worthless. I'll just take it and throw it in the trash later. Don't you worry about it!

While Neko's off hiding her ill-gotten gains, Mrowakius seizes the oppertunity to snatch as many of the delectable scrollies for himself as possible.
Gh673.jpg

33.gif
4 failed spellcraft rolls in a row! :rage:

Since Charm Person lasts 1 hr/lvl, the party takes a detour to bugbearville to recruit some meatshields
zn2II.jpg

But apparently the bugbears aren't impressed with elves.
hNsrG.jpg

29.gif
Freakin' chauvanist male bastards...

Er, I don't think that one's male...

29.gif
SILENCE!

Recruitment efforts are dismal. But it's not all bad. It turns out there's a metric shitton of potions on the bugbears.
UqBOv.jpg

4.gif
This is a steeper incline than when my great grandfather McRoxori discovered you could peel potato!
9.gif
We should get these identified in case they've expired and stuffies!

And this it were - sans bugbears but laden with ealing potions - that our brave adventurersentered the dread corridor of BOSS FIGHT
Ll7I7.jpg

VROLw.jpg

9.gif
Hey! You! Yes, you!
29.gif
Which of you fine specimens of manhood are true gentlemen?

It only took a few charm spells to sow general chaos in the main room. The party fortified themselves down the corridor, ready to deal with stragglers fleeing the mayhem unleashed by the fabulous flirtations of our femmes fatales.
RQD88.jpg

Sadly, Neko Noir got a bit too greedy and took a volley of arrows when she poked around the corner to add to the mayhem. Mrowakius laid down some suppressing spellcasting while the party desperately tried to revive their main mesmerizer
I6g4Z.jpg

With everything degenerated into utter chaos, the furious faggot in charge decided to wade in monologuing his evil plans
THCnX.jpg

The plan was to cast silence on him to shut down his spellcasting. Sadly, ToEE doesn't do single-target silence. :x
apz87.jpg

Since we'd end up hurting ourselves more than him, we suddenly found ourselves in a bit of a clusterfuck. we couldn't withdraw without sacrificing our sorceress. We couldn't advance without drawing a billion arrows from archers hidden outside of charm person range.

The game pulls a bullshit stunt Lareth uses epic magic to instantly dispel all our ongoing grease, charm, summon etc. spells. :decline:
Dj5e0.jpg

I was saving these for the other forced bullshit encounter, but the auto-dispel just turned things from managable to very grim.
SSkoG.jpg

33.gif
TREMBLE BEFORE THE OUTRAGEOUSNESS OF GLITTERDUST! LIKE HAVING YOUR SINUSES FILLED WITH SKITTLES!

Out of spells and arrows, Bee the Crooked was forced to fall back on singing and scrolls to delay the summoned reinforcements while we tried to take down lareth. Grease worked surprisingly well.
xmUVc.jpg

29.gif
hvqvN.jpg

tBKZ2.jpg

vader.jpg

RIP Spekkmeister! Somehow Lareth got 3 attacks off in a turn. :salute:

Nearly out of spells, the party has been chugging potions to stay alive for the last 2 rounds. Even so, a combination of dismal rolls for us and outrageous rolls for them means it's barely enough. Fortunately, Lareth is down too. This means Roxorowski can finally enter melee with the regular guardsmen.
ZOalO.jpg

4.gif
ONLY ONE OF US IS GONNA SURVIVE THIS, AND I BE TOO UGLY FER HELL!

The breather finally allows us to bring Neko back to positive HP without risking her getting instagibbed as she stands up
IUWpn.jpg

9.gif
What'd I miss?

We finally clear the last of the room. Looting commences
aRsP6.jpg

c1DAG.jpg

29.gif
BOOYAH! Metrosexual Man was loaded

Among the gems and coins we manage to retreive a +1 breastplate and a ring of free movement. Both go to Roxorowski.

Since we're out of spells, we lock ourselves in Lareths room and try to take a nap. Basically, we'll have to endure wandering monsters until we successfully rememorize spells or were' done for when we try to leave.

Having no sense of decency we're totally going to read his secret diary. It's probably full of angsty goth poetry.
GtxrD.jpg

It turns out to be a huge infodump instead.
bakYQ.jpg

TL;DR: somewhere there is another temple. It may contain highly flammable scrolls. Also shinies. We should check this out.

On our way out I realize I forgot to reassign Mrowakius'es sleep spells to something more level-appropriate. We burn them on the spiders that would've eaten us if we had tried to flee Lareth earlier.
0j4lb.jpg

....and continue into the bullshit encounter. This piece of new content is impossible to totally avoid. And if you didn't rest after your encounter with lareth and co, it's likely to result in TPK.
UqLOy.jpg

rTYZZ.jpg

jgUa2.jpg

BPIrP.jpg

4dI3G.jpg

Fortunately, we're all fully rested. Bee and Neko set about convincing the strongest men (with the smallest brains) to join our worthy cause temporarily
JV5qG.jpg

r0oSB.jpg

While Mrowakius uses Glitterdust AKA THE MOST OP SPELL IN THE GAME to make sure the archers won't turn us into pincushions
jpc2d.jpg

Since we basically go all out with our spells, the mooks didn't stand a chance.
gnh1L.jpg

What about the 3 brawny men who were so eager to join our operation? Sadly, space is limited, so we're gonna have to have... tryouts!
the-joker-tryouts3.jpg

Which end in a draw
uPCV7.jpg

And with the party hitting level 4! :incline:
6uSOY.jpg

MsaOW.jpg

yBQ0H.jpg

Aasm5.jpg

this is as far as the previous party got. Future updates will be shorter (and I might actually try to make them funnier too. no promises) as we enter new territory.

Happy decision fun time

I have ONE (1) scroll of raise dead and ONE (1) dead druid. If I raise him now, it means noone else will get raised until we find another scroll. And I've no idea how long that takes. So do I raise poor Spekkmeister to rejoin our merry troupe of sociopaths or do I strip his body of valuables and recruit s gullible replacement? Which is better and why? Discuss!

Pope Amole

Educated
Well, we're talking about sociopats here - why would they waste precious scrolls to raise anyone? And it's not even anyone we're talking here, it's just a druid. Proceed with fresh meat.

Kawaii Theurgist

Liturgist
Did Bee really broke down and turned into a KKKodexer right now? That was unexpected. Creepy, too. :/

Though the gives head joke was, like, totally untasteful. ¬¬

In any case, Neko Noir is unwilling to waste resources on anyone with a Charisma under 16. As long as she cares men are divided in hot and mine and expendable, so you know what to do with the Spekkmeister. :obviously:

Cassidy

Arcane
Wow, I thought there would be a niche left for this game in the doing of an evil playthrough. I was considering to do yet another LP of TOEE after the two ongoing ones are given up or finished.

:(

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Kawaii Theurgist said:
Did Bee really broke down and turned into a KKKodexer right now? That was unexpected. Creepy, too. :/

Though the gives head joke was, like, totally untasteful. ¬¬

No arguments there. The updates up to this point were totally rushed to bring the current party up to the point where the last party left off. I'll try harder from this point onwards.

The point I was trying to make was that Bee wasour mouthpiece with diplomacy and intimidate and stuffies. I'm sure there's a tasteful joke about how she's skillful with her tongue somewhere --- I'm just digging my hole deeper, aren't I?

Cassidy said:
Wow, I thought there would be a niche left for this game in the doing of an evil playthrough. I was considering to do yet another LP of TOEE after the two ongoing ones are given up or finished.

Chin up, so far I've only really found oppertunities to be Bioware evil. Frankly I don't find that all that appealing. From this point onward, the LP is blind. I'm sure I'll end up missing whatever monocled evil options may be in the game so you get to show them off in a LP. Plus my record on finishing LPs I start is abysmal. :D Give it a few weeks and it'll crash & burn.

Next update is sort-of ready btw. Waiting for next page since this one's beginning to take a while to load.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Beware the drunken bee. :P And leave Spekkmeister where he is.

Ulminati said:
But apparently the bugbears aren't impressed with elves.

29.gif
Freakin' chauvanist male bastards...

Er, I don't think that one's male...

29.gif
SILENCE!

:D

Ulminati said:
The point I was trying to make was that Bee wasour mouthpiece with diplomacy and intimidate and stuffies. I'm sure there's a tasteful joke about how she's skillful with her tongue somewhere --- I'm just digging my hole deeper, aren't I?

:roll:

In any case, I didn't really take offense or break down. I was just fooling around merrily.

Yes, merrily. You have problems with that?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
There's actually a new evil-ish option for Lareth, which ironically becomes available only when you show him some mercy.

Verbobonc has a few evil quests too. Failing a particular one of them is very fun.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Sitra Achara said:
There's actually a new evil-ish option for Lareth, which ironically becomes available only when you show him some mercy.

Verbobonc has a few evil quests too. Failing a particular one of them is very fun.

I'll look forward to Verbobonc then :salute:

[edit]

Oooh. New page. Update in an hour. Or thereabouts.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Alas, 4th wall. We barely knew ye!

Greetings from the wooooooorld of tomorrow!

Using arcane secrets that would drive mortal men mad, I have gazed into the twisted skeins of fate and unravelled the future before it happened! I have foreseen a world in which fair KKKodexia tells me to let the druid remain dead, for he has had no witty catchphrases nor was his raep tasteful. Codex... The Codex never changes.

And if the prophecy does not come to pass? I can always load a previous save!

So without further ado, meet Berekan, from the famed dwarf fortress of Anusblaze who claims to be a Force of Nature.
7HfW3.jpg

7.gif
My clothes are made from bear hands. I killed them with my bare hands.

....Right. Don't mind him. Anusblaze makes everyone a little unhinged after a while.

He almost made me forget my "reroll until you get an 18; take the first array with an 18 in it" rule.
9MGaV.jpg

*whimper*

4.gif
Welcome aboard, BRO from the mountainhomes! You're a welcome sight, I tell you! You can't trust anorexic wishy-washy types with hair neither on the chest nor arse I always said!

9.gif
How very crude.
29.gif
You'll be paying for a lot of expensive drinks with unpronouncable names to erase that mental image, dwarf. Some of them will have parasols!

Anyway, when last we left off, our party had just Stripped Spekkmeister of valuables and dumped the body in a ditch buried their dear comrade. Before leaving for the scenic village of Nulb there was a tantalizing lead in the metrosexual Lareth's diary they intended to pursue.
sVBpq.jpg

NPC_7221_m_Rocutio.jpg
Nay, I come only to collect orders for Kingcomrade and Gremag. I am charged with keeping their store well stocked. Well, good luck in town. Farewell.
29.gif
Cj2GW.png
Not so fast, buddy! [grabs him by the collar] We know there's more to this! Now spill the beans before I sic the hairy dwarves on you!
NPC_7221_m_Rocutio.jpg
I-I-I will not budge for no man's pleasure. But those dwarves look rabid -
7.gif
RAWRGH!
NPC_7221_m_Rocutio.jpg
I keep a suspicious eye on Kingcomrade and Gremag. But your silence holds my life, fo rmy life could be forfeit should I be revealed!
29.gif
...Yeah, that sounds like a load of bullshit to me. Let's try this one more time. The truth, or I'll let the dwarf off the leash and you'll learn all about Anusblaze.
NPC_7221_m_Rocutio.jpg
*sigh* Well, you are quite persistent. Since you're bound to find out sooner or later from that buffoon anyway, I might as well let you in on it. We'll take care of those two spies later.
29.gif
Now we're talking :smug:
NPC_7221_m_Rocutio.jpg
Yes, yes. Spies for The temple of Biowarian Elemental Evil. They report to me and I report back to the temple. [Looking you over as if sizinf you up] this weeks report will be very interesting to say the least. Now let me go, farewe--- URGH.
29.gif
Did you just impale him with your spear, Roxorowski?
4.gif
Difficult to say. The time he was taking yapping it may well be a stray tree sprung out of the ground and grew up his arse and out his face.
29.gif
At least wait until I make the "stabby" sign next time. I was about to demand bribes.

With their main source of bribe potential pushing up daisies, the party is forced to pick the Kingcomrade option

oRtUh.jpg

29.gif
So how's business, Kingcomrade? Your prices seem almost as bloated and corpulent you.
NPC_6041_m_RannosDavi.jpg
Our prices are quite fair. Still, we may be able to make a deal. Between Kwanzanians.
29.gif
The gig's up, KC. I got your courier to spill the beans faster than Bethesdas sloppy seconds. I know you and Gremag work for the Temple of Biowarian Evil
This messenger of yours is [grits teeth] lying! I cannot say what little games you or he are playing, but he is simply an agent for our supplier.
29.gif
Oh, give it up Kingcomrade. You're the only one who's lying here. He told us everything. Now how are you going to convince us not to tell the uppity moderators up in the temple of St. Avellone?
Erm, perhaps a friendly gift might buy your silence on this rather sensitive issue. No cause alarming the good folk around here. This is not about them.
29.gif
You'd better be talking magic items
[reaches under the counter] This enchanted shortsword will come in quite handy I am sure. And it is my best offer [looks at it] ...I think it buys silence quite nicely.
29.gif
....Eh, it'll do. :smug:
Take your sword then, friend, and remember what you have purchased with it!

*ka-ching!*
pmoXB.jpg

With nothing left in Hommlet except boring fetch quests, the party goes for a change of scenery. (for some reason I couldn't get any NPCs to trigger the location of emridy Meadows and brother smyth wouldn't give then second Co6 quest or the hill giant quest to us)
GqsZH.jpg

We pass on the oppertunity to conduct Kobold Diplomacy
zi6iS.jpg

icHd1.jpg

0suBS.jpg

33.gif
Well, fuck me if I've the faintest clue where the nearest tavern would be in this dismal hovel
7.gif
Back in Anusblaze, the Master Builder was working on a great steam engine that would produce giant arrows pointing at where ore was located so people didn't have to wander the tunnels. The Quality Utility Excavation Steam Technology Compass would streamline everyones mining experience.
9.gif
That has to be the silliest thing I ever heard! Why not just go into every house and rummage through their stuffies until we find what we want?
33.gif
and you don't think the locals would take offense to us barging in uninvited?
9.gif
[Flashes a winning smile] Noone ever takes offense to moi!

After a few duds, the party finally enters something resembling a tavern. Crooked makes a Beeline for the bartender (Don't hurt me!)
nD9HA.jpg

WEsSJ.jpg

29.gif
And I am Bee the Crooked, of the Kodex Kaster Krew.
NPC_7451_m_Rentsch.jpg
What would you like to drink?
29.gif
Margarita!
9.gif
Three measures of Gordon's, one of vodka, half a measure of absinthe. Shake it very well until it's ice-cold, then add a large thin slice of lime. Got it?
4.gif
BEER!
7.gif
AND KEEP IT COMING!
33.gif
(I'll have a glass of milk, please...)
NPC_7451_m_Rentsch.jpg
Five mugs of ale, coming right up!
4.gif
:incline:
29.gif
Look, if you're not going to serve us proper, ladylike drinks anyway - can you at least tell us where we can find some decent adventure 'round these parts?
NPC_7451_m_Rentsch.jpg
Action? I've seen enough action in my life.
29.gif
Is that where you got the cloth monocle stylish eyepatch?
NPC_7451_m_Rentsch.jpg
My patch? I was injured around ten years ago. I used to be a mercenary for hire, until I settled down and bought this place.
29.gif
[Perception] That would be around the time of the Battle for Emridy Meadows
NPC_7451_m_Rentsch.jpg
[He fingers his scar] Yes, I was in that battle. [He seems lost in thought, talking to himself] What a terrible day. We got routed.
29.gif
I always thought the temple side fought very Monocle
NPC_7451_m_Rentsch.jpg
Really? Our moles still got popped
29.gif
Nonetheless, the Kodex Kaster Krew would've loved to have fought next to them
NPC_7451_m_Rentsch.jpg
You'd have fought on the Biowarian side?
29.gif
Sure. Those uptight Avellonian priests are always telling people about how their choices have consequences. Bugger that. If I wake up one day and decide I want to be a dragon, no bloody Bishop of Immershun is going to stand in my way.
NPC_7451_m_Rentsch.jpg
So are you interested in working with people who feel the same way? Who are tired of being oppressed and made to feel not awesome?
29.gif
Indeed. Tell me more.
NPC_7451_m_Rentsch.jpg
Perfect. There are some old ruins near here. I will mark your map with their location. Go there and speak with the guards in the tower in the back. Tell them Rentsch sent you. They will tell you what to do

While Bee was telling the barkeep what he wanted to hear, Neko Noir went off in search of proper, ladylike drinks
ls5yt.jpg

But the contents of the hidden drink cabinet turned out to be too much for her delicate sensibilities
Rir9q.jpg

And the padlock kept her from getting her paws on the good stuff
LJ2pB.jpg

Since Bee was taking her sweet time buttering up the barkeep, Mrowakius joined in. He was originally going to scribe a copy of the partys sole scroll of Knock. But it turned out the english translation was still incomplete and he still could not into Polish
UpES6.jpg

33.gif
:rage:

Stone sober (except for the dwarves) the group continued their search for a place that serves proper, ladylike drinks. (Possibly with tiny parasols in them)
vHaSP.jpg

KZwHl.jpg

29.gif
What's it to you?
NPC_7501_m_GrudSquinteye.jpg
[He straightens up, smiles at Bee and offers his hand] My name is Grud Squinteye
29.gif
[Shakes his hand] and I am Bee the Crokked, spokesbard of the Kodex Kaster Krew
Hrm. Tough, polite, wary. I bet you are resourceful too.
29.gif
[Discreetly wiping her hand in a piece of cloth] that would depend on the pay
Well, you see, there is a large gar in the Imredys Run nearby. If you catch it and bring it to me, I will get you in good with the townsfolk here. They'll be friendlier and sell to you cheaper if they know you are a friend of Grud's.
29.gif
So pasically the pay is zilch. :roll: Why is this fish so damn important?
[clears his throat] Well, erm, I sort of told the other rivermen about it, and the dogs don't beleive me!
29.gif
I see. And why don't you just go catch it yourself then?
I have tried! But it's a mean mother of a fish. Like I said, you looked tough and resourceful. I thought you'd be able to catch it. Maybe I'm wrong though...
29.gif
Yeah, you can take the flattery an-
7.gif
DEAL!
Great! Here, I'll mark it on your map! Good luck!
29.gif
Berekän, do you mind? We have a modus operandi here. No pay, no play!
7.gif
:(
9.gif
Wooooa izzit room spinnin' or izzit just me?
29.gif
Are you all right there, Noir? You're looking pale.
9.gif
NyaAaAaaaAAAAaaaAAaaa...
29.gif
PalER than usual.

And so she was. somehow, Neko Noir had managed to drink herself into a NEGATIVE ability score. Jesus christ!
4z3By.jpg

9.gif
Heee heee... The water's so sparkly and stuffies!

So the party went in search of a hangover remedy. 'Cause noone fancied hanging around a grumpy witch with a headache in the morning. they tried batty old ladies in dark alleys...
DaXzM.jpg

But eventually had to settle for preparing a holy hangover cure
xT8Lb.jpg

Problem was, Roxorowski needed absolute quiet to commune with his dwarven ancestors. And everywhere we went in Nulb was too goddamn noisy
didgs.jpg

While Bee was busy holding Neko Noirs hair back as she communed with the dark waters out back, Roxorowski seized the oppertunity to bling himself out
lcLpP.jpg

CzqzS.jpg

29.gif
Right, I'm back. Huh, that's odd. I could've sworn we had save up enough for some bracers of archery by now.
YHwZf.jpg

4.gif

While wondering where her filthy lucre could've gotten off to, some sleazy twerp approached miss Bee
NuzIW.jpg

29.gif
Get those filthy paws off of me boy!
NPC_7551_m_Sammy.jpg
I ain't no boy! I'm Sammy, the apprentice smith here, old woman.
29.gif
Well, clearly manners aren't part of your apprenticeship. Do you even know the first thing about smithing?
NPC_7551_m_Sammy.jpg
Yeah, and I know a lot about Otis the smith too.
29.gif
and just what is that supposed to mean boy?
NPC_7551_m_Sammy.jpg
You give me 500 gold, and I'll tell you where Otis keeps his stash
29.gif
Hrm, I think Otis might be interested in hearing about this :smug:
NPC_7551_m_Sammy.jpg
Wait a minute - no! I mean, we can make a deal, can't we? Here, I'll give you 20 gold to keep quiet! Let's just pretend we never met!
29.gif
Sure. We can make a deal. But you gotta cough up more than that, insolent little manling.
NPC_7551_m_Sammy.jpg
[hands over his purse] fine you crook. That's about all I have. I hope you're happy.
29.gif
thanks Sammy! I'll bet you're glad you tried ot rat out your boss to a stranger now. So where's this stash anyway? :smug:
NPC_7551_m_Sammy.jpg
Forget it! I never saw you! Leave me alone!

But the cat was out of the bag --
9.gif
[hiccup]
-- figuratively speaking. Bee activated her Loot-o-vision and quickly homed in on the enchanted loot
ItZp6.jpg

yjkaT.jpg

Eventually the dwarves tired of carrying the resident witch around and demanded the group found somewhere she could sleep it off. After several lesser restorations, she eventually reached a point where she could cast identify without complaining about the blinding glare of "spell sparklies".
lAYeC.jpg

UZXCm.jpg

Roxorowski was - once again - the only member of the group who could use the chainmail. Noone had practical experience with longswords. But we'll hang on to it, just in case!

Crooked Bee

Patron
Awesome. Best thing since synth potatoes.

Ulminati said:
29.gif
Cj2GW.png
Not so fast, buddy! [grabs him by the collar] We know there's more to this! Now spill the beans before I sic the hairy dwarves on you!

:incline:

Ulminati said:
Crooked makes a Beeline for the bartender (Don't hurt me!)

Ulminati said:
29.gif
Sure. Those uptight Avellonian priests are always telling people about how their choices have consequences. Bugger that. If I wake up one day and decide I want to be a dragon, no bloody Bishop of Immershun is going to stand in my way.
NPC_7451_m_Rentsch.jpg
So are you interested in working with people who feel the same way? Who are tired of being oppressed and made to feel not awesome?
29.gif
Indeed. Tell me more.

:lol:

Ulminati said:
And so she was. somehow, Neko Noir had managed to drink herself into a NEGATIVE ability score.

:lol:

Mrowak

Arcane
Out of the sudden I lost any urge to continue with my own LP thingie. In one day you covered more material than me in a week... and didn't get wiped out in the process.

Roxorowski was - once again - the only member of the group who could use the chainmail. Noone had practical experience with longswords. But we'll hang on to it, just in case!

Actuall Neko Noir has practical experience with longswords - being the member of the elder races, and stuffies.

Not that this will prove to be of any use for you.

33.gif
(I'll have a glass of milk, please...)

:decline:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Mrowak said:
Out of the sudden I lost any urge to continue with my own LP thingie. In one day you covered more material than me in a week... and didn't get wiped out in the process.

You threaten to abandon your LP made out of awesome and stuffies and wonder why Mrowakius is too afraid of temporary int drain to drink alcohol? :rpgcodex:

Besides, I was just fasttracking in the first couple of updates. This last update took longer than any of the others to make and it barely covered 15 minutes of playtime. Corners will be cut, events will be glossed over and updates will be delayed from here on out.

Actuall Neko Noir has practical experience with longswords - being the member of the elder races, and stuffies.
Experience? Yes. Practical experience with her slender, teenage girl physique? No.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom