Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play.... ToEE with Co8

The Thin Man

Novice
Kick in the door and some faces!

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Eh, I hope you didn't actually miss the cave right behind Captain Krunch.

Re. The Temple.

You are already over-leveled and equipped for most of Temple Level 1, which is pretty much meant for someone emerging out of the Moathouse at level 4 with shitty equipment.
The only exception is the Ogre Chief fight. Also, killing Romag (the Earth Cleric) is useful for triggering the other Temple regroups.

Following that, Temple level 2 has about 4 major fights that are fun.

The backdoor entrance to the Temple is also a fun route. Perhaps you should pursue that first.

Lastly, don't forget to check back with Brother Smith for more NC as the "story" progresses.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Sitra Achara said:
Eh, I hope you didn't actually miss the cave right behind Captain Krunch.

I didn't see the cave right behind him. Oh well. But the very next monster after I went down where the update ended totally raped me. So I'm predicting massive FUN™

Re. The Temple.

You are already over-leveled and equipped for most of Temple Level 1, which is pretty much meant for someone emerging out of the Moathouse at level 4 with shitty equipment.
The only exception is the Ogre Chief fight. Also, killing Romag (the Earth Cleric) is useful for triggering the other Temple regroups.

Oh well. I guess I'll have a fast-forward update on temple level 1.

Following that, Temple level 2 has about 4 major fights that are fun.

The backdoor entrance to the Temple is also a fun route. Perhaps you should pursue that first.

I guess Bee & crew will penetrate the rear entrance of the nefarious temple then.

Lastly, don't forget to check back with Brother Smith for more NC as the "story" progresses.

No worries. I check him every now and again. Most of KKKodexia already played through this game ages ago, so the main highlights are going to be the Co8 content.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
My god, what were the hickory branch people thinking?

Ok, I did 2 encounters. One gave me a bastard sword +1 that grants freedom of movement. It's ok, but I already got a +2 longsword. The real cincher is, the bastard sword sells for 47k gold (!!!)

I also did the last boss fight. If I sell every magic item I can't use from that, it'll add up to ~25k gold (!!!)

That's an obscene amount of lewtz. +6 headbands of intellect/cloaks of charisma for everyone if I go ahead and sell :P

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The downstairs monster is sort of a "return later when you're ready" type encounter. Or, for those who seek extra challenge :)

The HB l00t used to be even more uber in the past, but then again at this stage of the game loot spirals out of control anyway (just wait till you hit the temple!).

BTW, did you pick up the fungus figurine from the Rainbow Rock? It's a handy tool.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Ulminati, you dastard! You stole all the glory that should have been MINE alone!!! :x

;)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Mrowak said:
Ulminati, you dastard! You stole all the glory that should have been MINE alone!!! :x

;)

Not only that, but I killed off your wizard so it was MY wizard that saves everyones asses with stinking cloud :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom