Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play.... ToEE with Co8

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The spiders and ambush came as a complete surprise to me actually. I'm thinking they're restored content, because I'm pretty sure they weren't around last time I played this game.

By the way, I'm probably going to up the party size to make up for the missing NPC party members. How many people do you guys think we should bring? We can go from 5 to 8 people. Currently we're at 5. I'm thinking 6 may be a good size, but I'm not sure how the later encounters scale.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Ulminati said:
The spiders and ambush came as a complete surprise to me actually. I'm thinking they're restored content, because I'm pretty sure they weren't around last time I played this game.

Yup. I played it like two/three months ago and they weren't there either.

By the way, I'm probably going to up the party size to make up for the missing NPC party members. How many people do you guys think we should bring? We can go from 5 to 8 people. Currently we're at 5. I'm thinking 6 may be a good size, but I'm not sure how the later encounters scale.

Six should be okay.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
No more than six! PCs kick way more ass than NPCs, and you still want this to be tough.

JrK

Prophet
If you go after the giant, you can buy a lot of good stuff from the smith. You need masterwork items if you want to enchant stuff anyway. (though i can imagine you avoiding crafting)

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
RIP Roxorowski

The true :bro: among bros

Yeah, some of the encounters in this mod were considerably changed - usually made more difficult by adding extra enemies or allowing enemies time to buff themselves up. This way you are in for a huge surprise especially if you had played vanilla ToE.

No more party members than 6, please. Later on we'll need extra swords or/and spellpower but anything over 6 people would totally destroy the balance of the mod altogether.

Btw, now that the moathouse is (almost) cleared kill off the hill giant or ask the blacksmith for another quest.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Yeah. Stupid self-buffing monsters :x

The main reason we didn't get any potions earlier was because they kept drinking my loot befor eI killed them.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Anyway, Roxorowski's brother Darthowicz reports to avenge his sibling!

Human, archer ranger, LN. IWD portrait, the hooded guy holding his bow horizontally (sixth row from the bottom, third portrait from the left on the main page)

Stats: STR 12
DEX 16
CON 14
INT 12
WIS 14
CHA 8

Favoured enemies: monstrous humanoid -> undead -> choose yourself.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Ulminati said:
Yeah. Stupid self-buffing monsters :x

The main reason we didn't get any potions earlier was because they kept drinking my loot befor eI killed them.

In the moathouse they haven't really started pre-buffing, to be honest.

You will meat spellcasters that seemingly spelltrigger shit out on themselves/their allies /you before the battle even begins.

Better have some casters with critical silent spells at the ready and shitload of potions. Otherwise you will get raaaped hard my friend (well, not really if you use cheese :oops:)

Achilles

Arcane
Ulminati said:
30.gif
Alexandra - Human cleric, I expect people to stat out their ability scores at least. Clerics need Wis, con, str, cha, dex, int in that order.

Ok, here are the stats for Alexandra:

STR 15
DEX 8
CON 14
INT 8
WIS 17
CHA 11

I have no idea if it's good or not, but there you go :)

Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I was looking forward to that encounter. :D I started TOEE when I saw your LP and am a little ahead of the LP now. Last time I tried the game I kind of ragequit because the radial menu really pissed me off. Man have I missed out. Some very cool encounters so far. The evil hireable NPC gang and the giant were great. Lining guys up for greater cleave madness and being saved by a charm animal scroll in the last second vs the giant = AWESOME. I also never played KotC (even though I liked the demo) or Wizardry because I thought all that combat would get boring. Guess I was an idiot. So thanks for pointing me to some good games, brofessors.
:thumbsup:
(also thanks to DarkUnderlord for the KotC review, preemtptive thanks to Grunker and hoverdog for the Wizardry 8 thread and LP, overtenemy for the SH4 LP and Cassidy for HoI2)

taplonaplo

Scholar
I want Grunker to be added ASAP. He dodged the bullet in BG, you can't just leave it at that!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Grunker said:
I think it's my wacky build putting poor Ulminati off ;)

I was actually *this* close to adding you along with Piggy for some orcish BROmance. But the death of the great ROXOR means I'll have to prioritize someone who can wear heavy armor to tank for us first.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
ITZ happened. Update probably won't happen until the weekend.

Looking over the pool of candidates, I'm considering Pokerella for the slot as party tank. (No sword and board fighters in there, sadly). The main problem is the nichs weapon focus (ranseur). The hommlet smith doesn't have any ranseurs, so she'll be going for quite a while without her weapon of choice. I'd probably have to change the weapon focus for a minor :decline:, go without the ranseur for a wasted feat or simply line up a bunch of other meatshields who'll likely get slaughtered in short order by the hill giant.

I suppose I could let Grunker's monk in. He'd be hillariously short-lived. ;)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Ulminati said:
ITZ happened. Update probably won't happen until the weekend.

Looking over the pool of candidates, I'm considering Pokerella for the slot as party tank. (No sword and board fighters in there, sadly). The main problem is the nichs weapon focus (ranseur). The hommlet smith doesn't have any ranseurs, so she'll be going for quite a while without her weapon of choice. I'd probably have to change the weapon focus for a minor :decline:, go without the ranseur for a wasted feat or simply line up a bunch of other meatshields who'll likely get slaughtered in short order by the hill giant.

I suppose I could let Grunker's monk in. He'd be hillariously short-lived. ;)

Don't underestimate the power of Grunker. By some miracle, I shall live!

Achilles

Arcane
Why is my character still under the "Needs tweaking" category? Do I need to fix anything else?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I generally only update the main post when I add an update. She's fine atm

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom