Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play: The Bioware Social Network.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Briefly compare Dragon Age to Baldur's Gate 2, demonstrate the similarities, then bring out Planescape Torment and describe why you think PST was better with purposeful misrepresentation; e.g. Baldur's Gate was just a dungeon hack & slash with dialogue choices and an entertaining story, PS:T was a fictional masterpiece?

Wank your likes more and they will wank theirs in return.

racofer

Thread Incliner
epknsx.png

xmo6s5.png

33omebk.png

14xm8m8.png

1zqfsyw.png

k0ofpk.png

vxlpw5.png

28v9bwm.png

2eobj2b.png

s3fti9.png

o5c0na.png

bfow3c.png

2vcc3h2.png

2ik8mmv.png

5cao08.png

Vibalist

Arcane
Yes, there are a few features Dragon's Age lacks to be considered the true next-gen game, and Bethesda has repeteadly proven itself as an expert in that field. A magnificent dialogu wheel designed by the mastermind of Todd Howard, should replace obsolete long sentences like the ones present in Dragon's Age. I mean, who speaks that way. I mean, in everyday sentences, like when you talk to the MCD employee in the drive through, do you order a triple cheeseburger with the extralarge portion of fries and maybe ask about rumors, or do you use complex and incomprehensible long sentences? Everybody knows that book and text are obsolete concepts to be replaced with cinematics and movies. Everybody who played Dragon's age just pressed 1 on all dialogues to skip them ASAP and get on with exciting fighting (especially the one in the best part of the game, the Deer Roads). Also, the camera in Dragon's Age is not next-gen enough. It needs to be a from a first person perspective with bloom caressing your eyes from all sides. And finally, there is a sad lack of horses and guns and both are right up Bethesda'ss alley. So, go with the flow and embrace the change and make Bethesda do the sequel.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Who is this? :D

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I guess we got caught.

edit: but judging by the last reply, it can still be salvaged.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Gosling said:
There are only codexers posting in that thread by page three at the moment, and their trolling is too obvious. Show more finesse, don't unload all the codex memes in one post.
Perfect example why these threads never work, people will always make their own alt accounts to try and get in on the trolling fun, and end up ruining the whole thing. Shame.

Vibalist

Arcane
The obvious solution is to not tell anyone you made a thread like until after you've successfully trolled for a good while. I agree this went to shit in a hurry.

So, aside from Lock, who is who here?

Vibalist

Arcane
Lockkaliber said:
In hindsight, pretty much every attempt was too obvious, including racofers.

I don't think Racofer's was obvious, really. What killed it was the overload of Codexers streaming in to make all sorts of wierd claims, like Todd Howard being the mastermind behind the dialogue wheel. Obvious troll is obvious and all that.

Still a lulzy thread. Late Ford Fuj cracks me up.

Junior Boy

Educated
I can't stand the women on the bioboards. They're all probably quite homely, which makes their relentless horniness over Dragon Age men all the more disturbing.

Pablosdog

Prophet
At least their probably better looking than your average fat naruto fangirl.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Kreia was a character that I figured out almost as soon as I met her, much like I figured out that Malak was an obvious standard Bioware villain with extra dip."

The difference is that Malak wasn't forced on you as a party member. He was the main villain, and that was that. With kreia, she was part of your party, and you basicvally controlled her throughout, and despite that it was obvious she was not on your side. You shouldn't have been forced to have her in your party.

" But a story doesn't need surprises at every turn to be good."

I agree.

What counts is how it is executed and whereas Malak, and honestly every other Bioware villain, wasn't worthy of lifting an eyebrow, Kreia was a good foil for the player character in that she seeks to educate and test him or her"

No, she didn't try to educate anyone except 'force is evil, must be destroyed' bullshit.

"The Force isn't evil, but realisticly speaking it would cause more bad than good in the long run and is therefore useless. As shown in all six movies, by the way."

She is dumb.

"How do you feel about, say, Irenicus, the much praised villain of Baldur's Gate 2? Does he have depth? Depending on your answer, I'm ready to smack you one.
"

Is that the best you got? A cowardly threat of violence that you don't have the ballz to follow through on Mr. Interent Tough Guy?

I'll say this about Irenicus - he's better than both Malak and Kreia put together. Period.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom