Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play: Prisoner of Ice

Previously on According to R-YAN...

97104615.jpg

And now...

QmmWH.jpg

y7RzR.jpg
"Hmm... It feels as if I've been standing here for an eternity. I better get moving before the nazis kill my friends!"

hCnAw.jpg

y7RzR.jpg
"It looks as if it's got some signs of wear."

Even a simpleton like R-YAN could figure this one out.

sbMt8.jpg

sAe2c.jpg

y7RzR.jpg
"One amethyst... and one ruby. Finally! Loot! I knew those nazis had a stash around here somewhere!"

But little did R-YAN know...

xNRw9.jpg

... that sheer madness awaited him...

LimKz.jpg

... in the form of a puzzle we've seen before!

shadow_437.jpg

shadow_438.jpg

Looks like there will be no loot for R-YAN.

y7RzR.jpg
"Oh you son of a-"

prisonerofice.jpg

[recorded applause and laughter]

ironyuri

I can't see 90% of your images, anyway... so it's like you haven't even updated.

What's wrong SV? Can't even pick a good image host?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Well, alright then. Forget about me giving you my Vanilla Ice-folder, you cheating she-dog.:rpgcodex:

Good to see you Looney Tunes: back in action, bro. :bro:

Pls halp me Codex. I don't remember how to take screenshots in Dosbox, nor do I recall where they end up! I can't print screen + ms pain in cutscenes, and there will be cutscenes up the arse shortly.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Pls halp me Codex. I don't remember how to take screenshots in Dosbox, nor do I recall where they end up! I can't print screen + ms pain in cutscenes, and there will be cutscenes up the arse shortly.
Ctrl + F5 to take screenshot, they end up in the capture folder that's either in \AppData\Local\DOSBox\capture\ or in the DosBox installation directory.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
How the hell do you not know Ctrl + F5?

I mean, I did my last LP of a DOS game 3 years ago, and I still remember Ctrl + F5.

lightbane

Arcane
First, Age of Decadence was released as a demo. Now, even ancient LPs have woken from their slumber... Truly are these coming signs of the end of days...

Unt now...

Ruby to the left...

gvHPt.jpg

Amethyst to the right...

DNDoX.jpg

And... something that looks safer than safe can be!

VAoFh.jpg

y7RzR.jpg
"I can't think of any reason not to enter the mouth of this statue."

And true to his word he is. He steps through the mouth...

8QotD.jpg

... and ends up at the other side of the vast cavern. Note the wall behind him which is filled with frozen Prisoners. One does tend to wonder how lava and ice can be in the same place but... urgh. Nevermind.

keas6.jpg

y7RzR.jpg
"I wonder why they didn't just construct a bridge over this pit of lava..."

Indeed, R-YAN... indeed.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Cool stuff. Will fap. But seriously, a synopsis could be good, since all the old updates are gone.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Synopsis?

Chapter I - R-YAN is on a submarine.

EVERYONE DIES!!!!! (also, monsters).

Chapter II - R-YAN is in a bwitish naval base.

SUBMARINE EXPLODES!!!!!! (cuz of monsters).

Chapter III - R-YAN is in a museum. Meets hawt archeologist.

SUDDENLY NAZIS!!!! (that get disintegrated by R-YAN popping out of nowhere with a plasma gun)

Chapter IV - MORE NAZIS!!!!!!! In a Norwegian ice base, too

R-YAN IS CAPTURED!!!!!! Also, nazis evoke ancient indian shaman that wants to fuck shit up by summoning the great NYARLATHOTEPEK. The same shaman from Shadow of the Comet. Also, R-YAN meets mr Carter Parker, also from Shadow of the Comet.

R-YAN escapes the nazi prison and finds himself in underground lava caves because you can't have a nazi base without those.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Synopsis?

Chapter I - R-YAN is on a submarine.

EVERYONE DIES!!!!! (also, monsters).

Chapter II - R-YAN is in a bwitish naval base.

SUBMARINE EXPLODES!!!!!! (cuz of monsters).

Chapter III - R-YAN is in a museum. Meets hawt archeologist.

SUDDENLY NAZIS!!!! (that get disintegrated by R-YAN popping out of nowhere with a plasma gun)

Chapter IV - MORE NAZIS!!!!!!! In a Norwegian ice base, too

R-YAN IS CAPTURED!!!!!! Also, nazis evoke ancient indian shaman that wants to fuck shit up by summoning the great NYARLATHOTEPEK. The same shaman from Shadow of the Comet. Also, R-YAN meets mr Carter Parker, also from Shadow of the Comet.

R-YAN escapes the nazi prison and finds himself in underground lava caves because you can't have a nazi base without those.
Phew. Now I am no longer lost.

Er. Upon closer inspection it would seem that you are indeed correct. I'm using imgur now a days, so I guess I'll reupload the broken bits before I continue with the LP.

SEE YA IN SIX MONTHS

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Er. Upon closer inspection it would seem that you are indeed correct. I'm using imgur now a days, so I guess I'll reupload the broken bits before I continue with the LP.

SEE YA IN SIX MONTHS
Why don't you let us reupload it?

Why don't you work on new LP updates?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Villain, JUST GET THIS SHIT DONE.

Seriously. You can worry about the "WHOLENESS OF YOUR LP MASTERPIECE" when it's done.

edit: yeah, what Wyrmlord wrote. Except I'm not doing any work. Wyrmlord is. Let Wyrmlord do the work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom