Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play: Prisoner of Ice

Well, for whatever reason my brand new next gen piece of shit gaming computer refuses to function with anything of the old stuff which I had... which means that this LP is dead.

Andyman, all is forgiven... and if you want my saved games, I'd gladly hand them over to you post-haste.

Yeesh

Magister
God damnit, just tweak ini files or read support forums or do whatever it is we PC master race types do when shit doesn't work. What's the matter, your new PC isn't streamlined or welcoming enough for you?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I don't even have Prisoner of Ice, Stereo. Don't worry.

My download from Underground Gamer will complete in thirty minutes! :D

Throw me your Skype addy (if you have one) and I'll throw the saves over then... and while you finish the game, I'll re-upload the screens in all of the previous pages so that they work again.

... or you could start over from scratch and defeat me both in terms of efficiency and humor. My defeat would be complete, but as would the LP.

:rpgcodex:

... or you could give me the files you're downloading so I could make a fresh install of the game and finish it myself.

:love:

Either way works.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I'm not going to take your lp, Villain. But I am going to continue someone else's abandoned work pretty soon...

Ballsack... and here I thought that I was going to get out of doing this again. Oh well.

I'm going to find a working copy of this fucking game, and I'm going to finish this once and for all... with worse puns and less content than before. Enter the decline, gentlemen.

I finally found a working torrent, and it is now downloading at 0.something kb/s. The 334mb download will be ready within 12 hours.

In the meantime... I can tell you that the next update will feature a CAMEO of our FAVORITE puzzle from Shadow of the Comet. Wooo.

All right... file not removed from inventory. I swear to whichever unholy god villains worship that I'll go get my old lump of shit computer from the garage if my "next gen" computer won't run this on a clean install. Now that's dedication!

Despite of what Ghostdog said, I'm going to go ahead and re-upload ever piece of shit image in this thread tomorrow using my photobucket account (you were right all along, Ghostdog)...

All in all: Expect an update tomorrow evening.

(Ps. I'm the biggest attention whore in the world.)

Pps. The shit I spent hours downloading didn't work, so I'm going to go scrub through my external again to see if I can get the stuff I had working again.

Cassidy

Arcane
Stereotypical Villain said:
All right... file not removed from inventory. I swear to whichever unholy god villains worship that I'll go get my old lump of shit computer from the garage if my "next gen" computer won't run this on a clean install. Now that's dedication!

Despite of what Ghostdog said, I'm going to go ahead and re-upload ever piece of shit image in this thread tomorrow using my photobucket account (you were right all along, Ghostdog)...

All in all: Expect an update tomorrow evening.

(Ps. I'm the biggest attention whore in the world.)

Pps. The shit I spent hours downloading didn't work, so I'm going to go scrub through my external again to see if I can get the stuff I had working again.

Ftaghn :M , :M Ftaghn

Gondolin

Arcane

You should pay attention to Ghostdog because I have no problem seeing this LP's images.

I never pay attention, I'm much too grimdark for that.

Anyway... it would seem that I have to use my old Windows 95 computer to complete this "epic" saga... which means digging it out of my mother's garage... which is situated about 20 miles from my location. But oh well, I needed a reason to visit that crone anyway.

Update status: Train tickets.

Canus

Savant
At least you were right about the lack of updates.
Nevar forget SV's shame. :M

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
SV, if you don't get off your lazy ass and update, I swear I'll hijack your one and only claim to fame on this forum and take over this LP.

Consider this your first warning.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Meh, Tintin once took over my KGB LP and finished 95% of the game after I stopped 5% into it.

I still got all the credit for being the person who started KGB and brought it to notice. :smug:

PS: I was one of the progenitors of the idea for a Prisoner of Ice LP, so there.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Fine, in that case YOU hijack. I've got my David Wolf and Heart of China LP's to think of.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I find adventure games boring, and I prefer to watch their LPs instead.

Was I supposed to say that out loud?

Fine!

I'm going to find a new .iso and resume this. Then none of you people will ever be able to say that SV is a shitty addition to the Codex ever again.

Okay, so where the hell can I find an .iso for this game now? The one I have is OBVIOUSLY broken, and I lack membership of underground gamer.

Two years, and this still haunts me dreams... Two years. But at least my new uploading technique will save me some time once it gets rolling again.

Drakron

Arcane
Stereotypical Villain said:
Okay, so where the hell can I find an .iso for this game now?.
Well I wonder were you got yours because you might accidentally got the Genesis/Playstation version...

made

Arcane
Heh, this game took longer to get running properly than to actually finish it.

Grab the CD rip from emuparadise.me, mount the folder as cdrom in dosbox, mount another folder as c (game creates a save folder and cfg there), play

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom