Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play: Prisoner of Ice

Oh, don't worry, Wyrmie. I don't plan on waiting six months to get that done. I'll just do a little here and there as I update the LP.

And then? Normality. Oh yes, three to four years of Normality. Itz heavan.

And now that I feel like it... let's continue.

What awaits us on the next screen is, quite simply, an old mining cart which R-YAN gives a shove (or he might be trying to take a dump, you decide).

F1UUA.jpg

MnxIP.jpg

Trapped in ice, just as I am. How ironic. Anyway! I wonder if there might be something inside of the cart, as does R-YAN...

NqiKw.jpg

A giant spike. Cool. But how does it help us? Hmm... didn't we see a loose stone earlier? Yes we did.

QTbvx.jpg

Now there's a load of lava on the ground. Let's use the pike on it since it's the only item we've got. One might say we've been railroaded into this position... dur hur.

icUii.jpg

Now here's a funny fact: Wait too long here and the prisoner right next to you will thaw out and tastefully tentacle rape you. This happened while I was faffing around with MS paint.

Anyway! Let's play around with a hot railroad spike later on.

Two more large updates and BAM! Game done. I just need to gather up the will to do it, that's all.

And yes, there is a sense of dignity attached to this bloody thing; I want to finish it myself.

... Now since you bastards asked so nicely, I'll see about posting an update tomorrow.

Fine. Fine, fine, fine. Just answer one question first: Why the hell does anybody even care about this? Surely it has nothing to do with the subliminal messages I've spread throughout these forums, so what could it be anyway?

Cassidy

Arcane
Fine. Fine, fine, fine. Just answer one question first: Why the hell does anybody even care about this? Surely it has nothing to do with the subliminal messages I've spread throughout these forums, so what could it be anyway?

At this point, finishing your Prisoner of Ice LP is a matter of honors for you, honors because I mean both honors.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Didn't you promise me you'd finish your Prisoner of Ice LP if I finished my Sanitarium LP?

Sanitarium was finished after half-a-year break. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Perhaps a special title over an NMA could grease the frosted wheels of Ess Vee? Naaaaah, we both know grease can't taw those up.

One more question then: How can I stop dosbox from speeding up the game whenever I press alt? That's kind of the thing that makes taking screens of this thing difficult, leading to me having to play through sections again and again just to get optimal screenshots. Come to think of it... it's a fucking miracle that I made it this far.

DU found an alternate way of getting rid of me, meaning that Prisoner of Ice has been imprisoned forever.

Your hope now lies with Andyman Omnissiah. Strife_Harris is dead.

:declining:

Cassidy

Arcane
Had you focused on the Prisoner of Ice LP instead of bitching in Site Feedback, it wouldn't have happened.

:troll:

Ah, fuck it.

First, take a rusty metal rod and dip it in lava:

2ZwRZ.jpg

Use the rusty, molten, rod on the frozen cart wheel:

CteoS.jpg

Push the cart and bear witness to the results:

uDvvd.jpg

CnyQH.jpg

Fortunately this is a multi-purpose iron rod, which we can also use to stop a fan dead in its tracks. No more air conditioning for you, Dietrich.

ofPA7.jpg

And the next time? Loads of cutscenes and time travel.

(This part was timed. If the Prisoner next to the cart melts, he'll chase you all over the god damned place. It took me three consecutive runs of this to get all of the screenshots.)

Multi-headed Cow

One step closer! ONE STEP CLOSER! DU is bound to see the light eventually.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom