Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Mass Effect 3: Emotional Engagements

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Fuck yeah, COLLAR GRABBING TIME.

(those logs were boring)

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Fuck yeah, COLLAR GRABBING TIME.

(those logs were boring)

i believe it's a last ditch attempt at saving the Illusive Man's character. Or whatever is left, so ppl can remember him as ...'oh he's a nice..misguided man...who sent a ninja to kill shepard and fuck over the whole war effort...in a misguided kinda way.' -Bioware :smug:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
i believe it's a last ditch attempt at saving the Illusive Man's character.
The last log (that you didn't show) is so full of derp that, if that really was the attempt, they sabotaged it quite spectacularly.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
And...here we go!

The game's combat seems to be picking up more variety and intensity at this point, as compared to the very dry combat encounters earlier in the game.

It reminds me. BioWare's past games are such that while they have a lot of filler combat encounters, some of the better quality combat encounters in late game are of a different league entirely. Both the OC and Knights - normally considered so-so - had a lot of filler, but some of the heavier encounters 3/4ths into the game made me wonder if these games would have been more likable had they included such encounters earlier in the game.

RK47

Patron
Too little set enemies variety.
Reapers / Cerberus / Geth.

TNO

Augur
Nice.

(Glad to see incendary ammo + beam gun still gives massive imba damage. Apparently it can be even worse with a geth pulse rifle.)

RK47

Patron
I've no faith with the GPR - I tried it online. What a joke. Even with great upgrades and repeated buffs plus lightweight property - coming out of cover for sustained fire for longer than 3 seconds = red screen of death. Which makes damaging shots and bolt action rifles more popular than autofire counterparts.

lightbane

Arcane
The protagonist being a super-advanced AI that believes itself to be human has already been done in Marathon (and many others). Still better than sudden "SPACE MAGIC". Also, if that log's purpose was to show that TIM was not completely LOLEVIL, it screws up at the third log.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Mass effect 3 ending in a nutshell:

mass_effect_3__yo_dog__by_thewonderingsword-d4t5urj.jpg

RK47

Patron
I'm more angry with how they wrote Illusive Man like that. Decent concept char ruined by some terrible writing.

TNO

Augur
Well, you can always appeal to indoctrination as your go-to plot bandaid.

(More seriously, I don't mind the face-heel turn if only they actually spent time showing how he got subtly manipulated. As it stands Cerberus just does two handbrake turns: ME1 - nasty people, Me2 - by any means necessary spectre/grey warden/every other group bioware has ever made knockoff, Me3 - evil mooks.)

Oh, if you want to know the epic C&C of what happens if you destroy the reaper?

Turns out Cerberus recover the wreckage and put that in their base anyway. The level is wholly unchanged. I think it counts for 20 EMS and flavour text from EDI.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Well, you can always appeal to indoctrination as your go-to plot bandaid.

(More seriously, I don't mind the face-heel turn if only they actually spent time showing how he got subtly manipulated. As it stands Cerberus just does two handbrake turns: ME1 - nasty people, Me2 - by any means necessary spectre/grey warden/every other group bioware has ever made knockoff, Me3 - evil mooks.)

Oh, if you want to know the epic C&C of what happens if you destroy the reaper?

Turns out Cerberus recover the wreckage and put that in their base anyway. The level is wholly unchanged. I think it counts for 20 EMS and flavour text from EDI.

I hear that if you EMS is lower than 1800 and you had spared the base you are defaulted to control ending. In the similar circumstances, when you had destroyed the base you end up frying the universe with the crucible.

The problem is those endings appear out of context - suddenly the fact that your EMS is low affects the Lazor's frying ability.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Ahm, guys?

You don't really have to use spoiler tags, I doubt anybody really gives a fuck about spoiling himself ME3.

TNO

Augur
@ Whiskeywolf: I think RK-47 was emphatic not to spoil the ending. And given he gives all the awesome LPs etc.

Mrowak

I don't know about the defaulting, but I do know it scrambles the 'thresholds' for the various tiers of ending you get, so you might need EMS > X to get the 'best' destroy ending if you destroyed the base, but EMS > X+n to to get the best destroy ending if you spared it. But either way you have to be pretty much trying deliberately to get an EMS that low, and of course there's no explanation as to why this choice should have these consequences, other than "if you add the reaper head space magic to the space magic cruicible, different things happen to if you add the reaper heart space magic to the space magic cruicible!!!" = CONSEQUENCES!"

As an aside, I am currently writing an ME3 EXTENDED CUT review. (I'm sure there's a circumcision joke in there somewhere).

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I just hope Mass Effect 4 will have a dialogue option to exclaim "I want to be a space mage!"
Then the biotics 101 tutorial starts.

lightbane

Arcane
I like how TIM berates you for not talking with him... When you never have a choice to have a peaceful dialogue with Cerberus, they became lolevil instantly. Also, no sedatives? TIM is obviously not a soldier nor has extreme physical training, so why the hell would refuse to use these? In fact, he didn't need the upgrades at all...

RK47

Patron
I get the same feeling whenever Reapers tells Shepard that mere humans can't understand their grand design or some shit. I just shrug and move on. Bioware just can't evoke that kind of emotions anymore. If the rumors of Reapers trying to save the Galaxy from another threat by consuming organics is true, I guess I'll just :balance: and uninstall after the end credits play. At this point, I'm not expecting much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom