Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Not Play Space Rangers 2: ITZ Here

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
From the hidden files of Commander Crotchduster... a bounty hunting quest he embarked upon as a young ranger, to find and bring to justice a powerful pirate lord. Is Crotchduster a bad enough dude to defeat the pirates?

sr2-102.jpg

"Why didn't you locate the base yourselves?" Crotchduster asks.

sr2-103.jpg

"How do I destroy the base?"

sr2-104.jpg

"How do I find the base?"

sr2-105.jpg

With all questions asked, Crotchduster prepares to set out.

sr2-106.jpg

sr2-101.jpg

Well-armed, in good health and with cash in hand, the world is Crotchduster's oyster. Now, to find the pearl...

Where should Commander Crotchduster begin his search, 4chanCodex? Discuss!!

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
sr2-202.jpg

Crotchduster is suspicious. Cautiously, he lands a fair distance away to assess the situation.

sr2-203.jpg

sr2-204.jpg

sr2-205.jpg

Excellent. This should be our next target... first, to mop up the pirates here. Crotchduster decides to take them by surprise and shoot them down, saving his valuable grenades and sparing the prisoner.

sr2-207.jpg

Crotchduster is popamoling :(

sr2-208.jpg

sr2-209.jpg

sr2-211.jpg

sr2-201.jpg

Seems we have the drop on him. He should be easy to kill from here, but I'd like to take him alive for the bonus, and I'm not sure if the stunner will actually work through the window... seems a bit too convenient. What should we do, Codexia? Any of the options on both of the last two screenshots are acceptable.

Micmu

Magister
Laser him in the face, you won't succeed stunning him through the window and he'll kill you if you step through the door.
Or you can just leave him there and go for the base (he will arrive there, IIRC).

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Pffft, boring choices. Ah well.

sr2-302.jpg

sr2-303.jpg

Brave and manly? No, but Commander Crotchduster is all too aware of how well that works out. Practical? Yep. Dusting his hands, he moves on to the base.

sr2-304.jpg

sr2-305.jpg

sr2-306.jpg

sr2-307.jpg

sr2-308.jpg

And we're in, having used the laser to cut open the door. Commander Crotchduster surveys his options, immediately disregarding entering the room until the others are exhausted. On a whim, he heads to the right.

sr2-309.jpg

Our hero tries the right door. It's a toilet. He leaves, sighing, and tries the left door. I was kind of expecting something more to happen.

sr2-310.jpg

Aha! The reactor! Just what we need. Crotchduster quickly levels his pistol and shoots the pirate dead. Before reinforcements can arrive, he hurries to plant the explosives...

sr2-301.jpg

And, for once, Commander Crotchduster has succeeded in life. Good job, soldier.

Cassidy

Arcane
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
Kicking in the door and using the stunner on him actually worked, but hey, I put the matter to the vote.

Democracy doesn't work.

Never allow for the will of the majority to influence your decisions, or for example right now you could be making a LP of Red Dead Declination instead of a LP of this epic game. Have an independent mind, become a lolbertarian.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Doing that text quest inspired me to replay, actually. It's going a lot better this time around, for no apparent reason; guess my universe just was doomed from the start. Though, in a horrific turn of events, the number 1 ranger in my game now is... Bitchboy.

Also, managed to kill off Keller early due to an attachment that let me predict where he would attack next. Wondering if that was a good idea, since he provided competition for the other two. Ah well, couldn't resist.

Might pick up the LP again, now that I'm the stage of clearing entire systems on my own - or, at least, holding off and doing considerable damage until the cavalry and Bitchboy arrive to steal the glory. Then again, I might not.

Cassidy

Arcane
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
Doing that text quest inspired me to replay, actually. It's going a lot better this time around, for no apparent reason; guess my universe just was doomed from the start. Though, in a horrific turn of events, the number 1 ranger in my game now is... Bitchboy.

Also, managed to kill off Keller early due to an attachment that let me predict where he would attack next. Wondering if that was a good idea, since he provided competition for the other two. Ah well, couldn't resist.

Might pick up the LP again, now that I'm the stage of clearing entire systems on my own - or, at least, holding off and doing considerable damage until the cavalry and Bitchboy arrive to steal the glory. Then again, I might not.

I think it's relevant to inform that I discovered by accident, because I pissed off a planet that delivered lots of good missions by doing a mission for the "dickfaces", that you can make a "genetic remodelling" as part of the creation of a new identity in pirate bases, which allow for both species and gender changes, and you can make your character go back and forth with it.

So, considering the Codex past history and closet obsession with trannies, I hope that, if you decide to go with this LP again, this information will be put to good use.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Getting a lot more text quests now (pretty much in the endgame). Few trash ones - clerk olympics was just dull - but a couple of them are prime LP material. Currently on one about fulfilling a secret project that appears to involve exploring a haunted house, just finished one about installing a radar complex on a desert planet that was far more entertaining than it sounds. Which should I LP? Democracy!!!

humorguy

Novice
liked the LP screenshots - not so keen on the teenage sexual comments and not understanding what the NPC's are telling you and/or getting any of the humour!

You also don't take advice very well, based on killing practically every Ranger/pilot that has ever given you reasonable advice and seeing them as being sarcastic, etc. Says so much about you Admiral. I came to this conclusion by page 5, had a quick look at the last page, saw nothing had changed in your sometimes offensive comments beneath the screenshots, so just wrote this and went on my way.

Hopefully, there will be another LP somewhere with normal comments, if so, you'll find me there.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Well, now I'm all ashamed. I'll try to be less offensive in future. Please love me.

Also, there wasn't much I could do whether I followed advice or not, that game was fu- balderdashed from the start and the entire universe was wiped out long before technology had progressed far enough to have a fighting chance against dominator swarms. I started again last week on the same difficulty and completed the game in two days.

tindrli

Arcane
Tails said:
If someone is interested, there is a guy who fixed translation for SR2: Reboot. Now if someone would translate fan made Revolution addon, it would be heaven.

Also moar!

We need to keep this alive people!!!.. and we need more thinking meat and introduce a a snk-games people to codex!!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom