Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's ALL Play Haven & Hearth: The Founding of Codexia

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah, any food in my house is designated trade goods. Codexians shouldn't be touching them. That's what Kasieren gets in exchange for giving us nice stuff.

Actually anything in my house should be for trading, so move the non-trading stuff out.

We should setup houses for an Armoury, the Grindhouse, House of Cheese, and so on so it's nice and easy to find shit and shit can be kept in a fairly general place without clogging up the walkways.

Murk

Arcane
The current layout is pretty atrocious. Converting all houses to storage units and further spreading out our agriculture and other proffession spots would help - as would organizing those god awful baskets.

currently codexia has a hhuuugggeee amount of unused space. biggest issue i guess would be re-placing the walls?

Murk

Arcane
wtf, i just witnessed a boat jacking

pretty fucked up. cynfyn/poocolator and i were doing our hippy thing making and breaking unbaked teapots when some fuckers straight up rolled in and jacked virgil's boat right from under his nose. one even went through his basket first :(

fucked up shit man... fucked up shit.

JugaBro

Novice
So, exciting new update previews. A guy on the Haven forums under the alias Peter has shown examples of auto generated map grids that are CONTINENT based. That's right, continents, which means islands and oceans too. Well, Loftar literaly generated the map, and stuck it in a place that can only be accessed through Peter's hearth fire. If you check the thread (pages 7-10 at least), you'll see some screenshots of it.

http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum...sid=3f7b74d6799beddfb02cef7b9024d553&start=60

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
JugaBro said:
So, exciting new update previews. A guy on the Haven forums under the alias Peter has shown examples of auto generated map grids that are CONTINENT based. That's right, continents, which means islands and oceans too. Well, Loftar literaly generated the map, and stuck it in a place that can only be accessed through Peter's hearth fire. If you check the thread (pages 7-10 at least), you'll see some screenshots of it.

http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum...sid=3f7b74d6799beddfb02cef7b9024d553&start=60
THAT'S AWESOME.
Oh god I just came.

It looks like he's got a heightmap too. Do you know if elevation is going to be implemented, as well?

Murk

Arcane
WorldRealcolor.png

awesome

Murk

Arcane
So apparently I'm sitting on top of 20k LP and can learn Lawspeaking.

Yay/nay? Would we even need it at this point?

edit: make that 40k

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Mikayel said:
wtf, i just witnessed a boat jacking

pretty fucked up. cynfyn/poocolator and i were doing our hippy thing making and breaking unbaked teapots when some fuckers straight up rolled in and jacked virgil's boat right from under his nose. one even went through his basket first :(

fucked up shit man... fucked up shit.

…how do you think I come back with a boat every time I walk out of the village? And those straw beds at the clay spot... do you think I made those? :lol:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
mining run went shitty. had several potential places that turned up no result, then a lvl 10 bear raped me some two grids down. im trying to get it to disengage so i can grab the boat with supplies and port, but it looks like i'll have to leave the stuff behind. which means we only have one bottle of rustroot left.

ok, i learned some useful things today, over the channel.

kazgar

Arcane
decided to see what the fuss is about, so i'm standing at that spot on the map making teapots and hoping i don't run out of bread.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
SuicideBunny said:
mining run went shitty. had several potential places that turned up no result, then a lvl 10 bear raped me some two grids down. im trying to get it to disengage so i can grab the boat with supplies and port, but it looks like i'll have to leave the stuff behind. which means we only have one bottle of rustroot left.

ok, i learned some useful things today, over the channel.
Maybe they made metal a bit TOO rare?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
kazgar said:
decided to see what the fuss is about, so i'm standing at that spot on the map making teapots and hoping i don't run out of bread.
you're out of luck, only two people on, and both way out hunting.

kazgar

Arcane
SuicideBunny said:
kazgar said:

out of bread, guess i'll log off for a bit, damn timezones.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
If Brodgar had the sign to Codexia, you wouldn't need a ferryman. We should look at what we're going to do about that. Need to setup some kind of entry area with a crossroads...

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
turns out virgil's surprise was building our northern wall for us all by himself. that was supposed to be the surprise, not a wall-in attack on our territory.

seems he was also kinda afraid we would turn into new goons after all the shit, which is hardly surprising i guess.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Okay, we just gave Virgil a gift basket as a token of friendship. A few deer things, piglets, rings of brodgar, grape seeds, wine bottles, bear cape, bear talisman, decent Q axe and saw. He was pretty wrapped.

pipka

Savant
DarkUnderlord said:
Okay, we just gave Virgil a gift basket as a token of friendship. A few deer things, piglets, rings of brodgar, grape seeds, wine bottles, bear cape, bear talisman, decent Q axe and saw. He was pretty wrapped.
Good Job, dudes.

pipka

Savant
THE NOOB WHO ATE ALL THE RINGS FROM THE CHEST IN THE BAKERY WILL DIE!!!
FUCKING CHESTS WITH FOOD ARE NOT FOR YOU, NOOBS!!! IT IS FOR TRADE!!!

kazgar

Arcane
kazgar said:
SuicideBunny said:
kazgar said:

out of bread, guess i'll log off for a bit, damn timezones.

stopped sooking, sorted out some food, and started walking, i'm now in a few trees across the river from codexia, but its time to go, so there i stay for now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom