Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let the DRM rape continue! New SimCity

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Welcome to SimCity World
Angthoron

ooh, I wonder if there'll be a real money stock market

official page is up with the dirty details
http://www.simcity.com/en_US/buy/simcity

oh boy what's this a preorder bonus

SimCity™ Heroes and Villains set

New Characters— Protector of SimCity™ MaxisMan vs. The Evil Dr. Vu and his henchman.

Crime Waves—The Evil Dr. Vu is loose and will create havoc in your city. Normal police have their hands full against this Super Villain. The Evil Dr. Vu will solicit Sims to become his henchmen and carry out his dastardly deeds.

Super Hero HQ – Place MaxisMan’s headquarters in your city to combat crime and keep your Sims safe. Upgrade with the Turbo Machine garage and The Reticulator landing pad.

Evil Villain Lair – Place Dr. Vu’s Lair in your city to unleash a crime wave. As The Evil Dr. Vu commits more crimes, upgrade his lair with a special laboratory and a garage for the Evil VuMobile.

amazing

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Darth-Vader-No-300x206.jpg

And FFS, not only pre-order bonuses but also a "digital deluxe edition" with shitload of exclusive stuff? Fuck you!

Angthoron

Arcane
YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

nonsense these dlc and drm ordinances will create jobs, lower crime and increase game developing funds
Thus increasing the stock value of said game developers on the Sim World Sock Exchange, I see, I see!

I wonder if this fine example of a gamedev abortion has such a possibility - build a city involved in nothing else but making DLCs for awesome titles. Or Simbook games.

Angthoron

Arcane
You need to play them in proper sequence or you'll not get the plot of 4. Also, less emotional engagement that way.

Kjujik

Educated
Honestly it’s not really that surprising. The evil seed that now flourishes was already planted in SimCity 4. No random map generator, but a convenient in game button “go to our website and download additional content”. Or the “my sims option”. Seriously? Create your own sims and move them into a house in your city.

So there you have it. The foundation for dlc-milking and attracting the sims crowd were laid in SC4. If Facebook existed back then, they would surely also include some retarded social features. Societies and this abomination are just a next step on a path they entered long ago.

:keepmymoney:

I'll just sitck to SC2000 and Pharaoh and leave the new stuff to facebookers and twitterers.

EDIT:

The Maxis Man was already included in SC 2000. Damm, guess I'll have to go back to playing original SC to aviod the decline.

Angthoron

Arcane
SC 2000 also had Sim Copter and Streets of Sim City spin-offs, where you could import your own city, thus setting foundation for this bullshit well over a decade ago.

And Sim Tower is the perfect example of what could be a Facebook game now.

madbringer

Arcane
SimTower was awesome. I used to just sit back and watch the little, tiny guys get on the elevators and off the elevators all day long. And they were happy, and i was happy, and sometimes i'd add a cafeteria or another floor, or a garage, and there was joy.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera

Angthoron

Arcane

Phelot

Arcane
They tried a lot of this shit with SC4 and they all failed. All the retarded gimmicks and shit were panned like the whole driving around or integrating The Sims into it. FFS, no one wanted that shit. Also, why does it have to be online?

Played Simcity 2000 as second PC game after X-com Apocalipse. Dear Fellow Deviants KKKodexers what to pick next SC 3000 or SC 4000? an why? Discuss! :D

SC3000 is pretty similar to 2000 except it adds a crap ton of new building types and is prettier. It's also more "real" from what I recall, that is, no arcologies.

SC4 is actually really good in my opinion. It allows you to create a smaller community rather well. It is also more advanced, but it has some weird traffic bugs. It also has a lot of stupid unfun gimmicks as I mentioned, but all in all, it can be very satisfying.

SimTower was awesome. I used to just sit back and watch the little, tiny guys get on the elevators and off the elevators all day long. And they were happy, and i was happy, and sometimes i'd add a cafeteria or another floor, or a garage, and there was joy.

Yeah, SimTower is a great time killer. Fun little program. I love all the movie of the weeks :lol: and how they would change what is on screen.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Played Simcity 2000 as second PC game after X-com Apocalipse. Dear Fellow Deviants KKKodexers what to pick next SC 3000 or SC 4000? and why? Discuss! :D

SC4 with the Expansion is the best. You have to ignore the really fucking stupid things EA added, like connections with The Sims and the driving mission; if you can ignore those successfully, it's got the best mechanics of the entire series. There's a popular mod that adds a hell of a lot of road styles which is a really good addition too.

That being said, it crashes a lot for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom