Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let the DRM rape continue! New SimCity

Angthoron

Arcane
BUT BRO SO MUCH CHOICE AND CONSEQUENCE

potatojohn

Arcane
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=35585202

HqhIk.jpg

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
"Next" victim? SimCity was already dead by Societies and another one which I can't remember right now (never played them), this might actually be a little incline over those.

Akasen

Augur
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Every inch of my being writhes in pain as I read what I read. I don't know whether to be happy or to be furious for I know that this will not be what I and many other fans will hope it to be.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
The only good Sim game was SimCity 2000. Not exactly a flawless franchise.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I rather have a bug-ridden version of CitiesXL 2012 than whatever abomination EA will spit out. Maybe the pressure of competition will make CItiesXL developers finally fix their game.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Hopefully EA will add a "Just win the game for me" mode, because we just don't have time to play these games nowdays...

Eyeball

Arcane
Don't care at all. What SimCity needed to say was really said with Sim2000, IMO. Anything since then has just been adding shinier graphics.

I, for one, am happy that the EA Beast has decided to focus its attention on devouring the already decomposing corpse of Sim City so that the rest of the Video Game Flock can survive another day unmolested.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
STOP! STOP, EA! IT'S ALREADY DEAD!

And it was they who killed it with Societies.

We'll never see a city builder greater than SimCity 4 and that's a fucking shame.

Kjujik

Educated
NOOOOO!!!!
SimCity 3000 and 4000 were awesome. With so much detailed micromanagement and fairly realistic simulation.
This is worse than :decline: . First they introduce Societies, dumbed down for 10 year old's who wanted to play Sims on a larger scale. No, wait it was even too dumbed-down for them, 10 year olds are actually really smart.
But this is even worse – some achievements to be unlocked and displayed online, more eye-candy and even less strategic game play.
Why? First the Railroad Tycoon series and now SimCity.

:mob:

Unless it's just some sick joke or lame attempt at trolling. In that case please do carry on.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
First they introduce Societies, dumbed down for 10 year old's who wanted to play Sims on a larger scale. No, wait it was even too dumbed-down for them, 10 year olds are actually really smart.
Yeah, SimTown was the original "kids SimCity" and is a lot more complex than Societies ever will be.

waywardOne

Arcane
I don't remember which one I played, but it was ~1996 and I hated it. So boring. They should've kept it as an ant colony simulator.

Seemed a simple and enjoyable enough formula to me while playing a really old version in the IPS school system.

Make thriving city. Supply all their needs. Unleash armadeggon on them, watch how they cope. Slowly piece back together. Fun.

It was either that or The Oregon Trail, and after awhile my class' Oregon Trail had grave markers every ten feet. I'm pretty sure we made rabbits and squirrels extinct instead of going for the buffalo.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Trailer plus short dev interview:

I like the tilt-shift look, but they appear to be using it gimmickly. Also, WTF you mean lots of players and cities on the same map? This became a facebook game now?

Also, shitty ideas and EA day one DLCs confirmed: http://kotaku.com/5891168/simcity-already-has-bonus-content-system-specs-and-16 player-multiplayer-apparently

Those buying either the Digital Deluxe or Limited Edition sets will get access to a range of superhero content, including a superhero and supervillain themselves (the game has individual Sims, so they'll appear in-game), along with their relevant buildings (or lairs) and special events (the villain goes on a crime wave).

Yup, abandon all hope.

hoopy

Savant
How the fuck does EA claim with a straight face that data can be limited? What is preventing them from copying this data on every single retail disc and including it in every Origin download? Are they perhaps too incompetent to do so?

Angthoron

Arcane
Well the video looks promising.

But I saw Spore sim components firsthand before end product.

And this is EA.

Fuck :(

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Cautiously optimistic, sounds promising but it could end just being visual fluff and not having any gameplay impact (hope I'm wrong though)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom