Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex Kommunistic Kolony in Rimworld, Seasons 2, 3

Lizzurd

Cipher
Isn't it the true kommunism?

- Kalin refuses to work by himself - he needs to be forced to perform tasks every single time.
Just like in Soviet Russia.
- Workbenches are broken. I can't add new bills or edit existing ones.
The plan economics in work.
- World map is gone. It's blank. Which means no travelling, no escaping, no quests - nothing.
There is no world outside the Iron Curtain.

:dealwithit:

Andnjord

Arcane
And there I was wondering yesterday when reading the update what would happen if your character was to die :lol:

Onward to season three then Komrade Grimwulf, keep what is one of the best LPs of the Codex alive!

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Aw man, these are some tough choices.

Grimwulf said:
Agenda №1: Where will you go?

Some off-duty rape and rapine would be fun and could compensate me for years of slog.

But then again, I could also build Kaliningrad, become chairman of muh own Police State and piss off dumb faggets like vahza.

In the end though, I've gotta go with tracking down Grimwulf.

After all...

Fucker has my bonus!

Grimwulf said:
Agenda №2: Bliblablubb is useful, but are you sure you want to take her along? Note that labradors won't follow you without Bliblablubb.

Bring him along. It'll be like an epic buddy space cop movie! just gotta stay back when it fires dat layzoor.

As a bonus, those dogs are excellent mobile emergency rations.

Grimwulf said:
Agenda №3: You're packing your bags with jerkies, silver, leftover medicine, and some useful resources. There is still place for something small. What will it be?

Spigot's brewing mantra, obviously! Been denied beer for ages now.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Season 3 will launch next weekend. Meanwhile, if anybody has anything to say on mods topic - spit it out freely. We are all komrades here.

eRq7mQZ.png

It should work like a charm this time. How do I know? Debug Log, that's how. This Log is the first thing you see upon launching the game - it tells you everything about you, your mother, your sisters, and all the stuff that would fit in your asses. All that analysis is based on your mod compatibility.

UNLIKE SEASON 2, this time Debug Log looks pretty clean.

LcFjBbz.png

How do you Debug:
- ignore white text completely;
- take yellow text into account (in some cases it can indicate fucked up load order, but not in this case);
- examine red text carefully.

Our only red error refers to worn apparel graphic, namely FacialStuff mod that makes headgear appear and dissapear, depending on whether your colonist is outside or not. It's ok. It doesn't cause game crashes.

If you wonder why this or that particular mod was banned - in most cases it's because I didn't like something I saw in Debug Log. With a few exceptions:

1. Realistic Darkness was killed, coz night time screenshots are too dark. It looks great on my TV during the game, but downright horrible on screenshots. A pity, coz gas lamps look astonishing together with this mod.
2. Fluffy Quality-of-Life mods were exterminated just in case. Including Medical Tab, Work Tab and a few others. They are huge and are mostly made for the player's convinience. Saves a lot of time and allows more fine-tuning, but I don't really need them for KKK.
3. Raul Bison was pwnd because he deserved it.

Some stuff was added. New weapons and apparel (totally CE-compatible), new faction (also compatible), new Storyteller who is all about high-population colonies (by popular request), new NUCLEAR POWAH mod (endgame content, we'll probably never see it), and a peculiar AI enhancement mod for raiders.

C8uo2zb.jpg

They say that every raid is a total thrill with this mod. We'll see.

In other news, Rim of Madness developer is currently working on Combat Extended compatibility patch for Lovecraftean mods. I hope he'll make it til next weekend.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
The game was meant to be played on intense.

Play on intense instead of extreme but make game more difficult by roleplaying true kkkommunistic policies.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
It has werewolves? You absolutely should go to war with them. It will be glorious!

It's not really a faction or community, it's a condition. Some of us might turn into werewolves under certain circumstances. OR we might have a werewolf joining us without even realizing until it's too late.

The game was meant to be played on intense.

Play on intense instead of extreme but make game more difficult by roleplaying true kkkommunistic policies.

Naaaah, extreme difficulty suits me just fine. Intense makes the selling prices launch thru the sky, your colony gets rich instantly, which causes more raids, which leads to more loot, which brings even more cash, you get the point.

The only tru kkkomunistic policy is suffering. Through suffering we evolve.

Lizzurd

Cipher
How do you Debug:
- ignore white text completely;
- take yellow text into account (in some cases it can indicate fucked up load order, but not in this case);
- examine red text carefully.
So you decided to quit your gov job and try programming? Welcome to the club! :D

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I don't care if Kalin can't hear the voices of the dead. It won't stop me from speaking to him every chance I get.

Bliblablubb is around. She can hear me and the other uncorporeals. :obviously:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Pssssssst!

Kaaaaalin. Kalin Swedenson. Kalin!

Wanna git rich?

Who am I? The ghost of Boris Yeltsin, of course. Not really important, so fohgeddaboutit.

Why you trailing after Grimwulf? Whas he evah done for you? For brotha-hood? Nah. For Kommunism? Git real.

You know what life is, Swede-kid? DAS RITE--competition for limited resources. Let's not lose touch with the world of industrial growth and hard currency. Ponder dis: Kalin's Kapitalist Korparashun. Pretty snazzy, eh? You don't have to be no stinkin' citizen. You could be a CEO! Buy low. Sell high. Trade with fishy villages, git lucrative contracts with travellin' caravans, expand your commercial empire, put a deer on the board of directors--anything at all. Instead of whimpering around for a bonus, you could be swimming in yezhah. You still think workin' with Grimwulf and Cawmnism gonna get you dat bionic eye? Fat chance but with the mirakul of the free market, you could get so many upgrades you'll morph into a Scandinavian Sex-Cyborg. Win!

I'm tellin' ya, you can have it all: liquid assets, central banking, stocks, bonds, yehudimzahav! You ain't no dupe, so ditch dis kommunism. Free market and profit, shareholder-bro!

This painted a mental image of a hybrid of CEO Morgan and Fat Larry :incline:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Bliblablubb is around. She can hear me and the other uncorporeals.
Yeaaaah, but.... she can't really tell Kalinski what she heard.
So in the end it will become an epic game of chinese whispers and charades, when Kalin tries to decypher the manifestation of tentacle-laqgirl in his mind.

It's gonna be a glorious clusterfuck. I approve. :salute:

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Pssssssst!

Kaaaaalin. Kalin Swedenson. Kalin!

Wanna git rich?

Who am I? The ghost of Boris Yeltsin, of course. Not really important, so fohgeddaboutit.

Why you trailing after Grimwulf? Whas he evah done for you? For brotha-hood? Nah. For Kommunism? Git real.

You know what life is, Swede-kid? DAS RITE--competition for limited resources. Let's not lose touch with the world of industrial growth and hard currency. Ponder dis: Kalin's Kapitalist Korparashun. Pretty snazzy, eh? You don't have to be no stinkin' citizen. You could be a CEO! Buy low. Sell high. Trade with fishy villages, git lucrative contracts with travellin' caravans, expand your commercial empire, put a deer on the board of directors--anything at all. Instead of whimpering around for a bonus, you could be swimming in yezhah. You still think workin' with Grimwulf and Cawmnism gonna get you dat bionic eye? Fat chance but with the mirakul of the free market, you could get so many upgrades you'll morph into a Scandinavian Sex-Cyborg. Win!

I'm tellin' ya, you can have it all: liquid assets, central banking, stocks, bonds, yehudimzahav! You ain't no dupe, so ditch dis kommunism. Free market and profit, shareholder-bro!

Well shit, I do like me dem space bucks... :lol:

Thing is tho, all that countin an hagglin is too complacated. I ain't no stinkin melonhead.

The princapals of Kalinism are concise, yet powerful:

6xhDOiI.png

Now Grim owes me yuge space bucks and ima fuckin collect!

Failing dat, I'll just form mah Police State and "buy" stuff for the price of... On da house!

Last edited:

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
I've been using psychology mod alongside leadership one with no problems in my game for quite a while now so i'm skeptical there is a conflict between them, i'd suspect another mod is the culprit for any problems with those.

One minor mod i think you would like since skill deterioration is now a thing is the mod which adds objects like targets or martial arts dummy to train:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=717575199
This shouldn't conflict with anything since all it does is add objects, i've even removed it in game with no problems before.

Alternatively you can check out this skill degradation mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=731111514
But its understandable if you are wary after this experience, especially when we don't know what went wrong with the skill degradation mod you were using.

Megafauna mod i'm surprised you're not already using considering KKK's rampant slaughter and disregard of the native ecosystem.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1055485938

Birds and bees, this is essential mod for kalin, dunno if there's a ra3p prisoner option though :/
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=751049133

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I've been using psychology mod alongside leadership one with no problems in my game for quite a while now so i'm skeptical there is a conflict between them

Yeah, I'm pretty sure our problems weren't caused by leadership mod. Just thought that since Grimwulf will no longer be around, we might as well switch to liberul voting system.

And then Kalin decides to go looking for me all of a sudden. That bastard, I swear.

I should probably get leadership mod back. Imagine how awkward it will be if everybody votes for Bliblablubb, our new Alien Overlord, hue hue.

One minor mod i think you would like since skill deterioration is now a thing is the mod which adds objects like targets or martial arts dummy to train:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=717575199
This shouldn't conflict with anything since all it does is add objects, i've even removed it in game with no problems before.

Alternatively you can check out this skill degradation mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=731111514
But its understandable if you are wary after this experience, especially when we don't know what went wrong with the skill degradation mod you were using.

Mad skillz mod is already on the list. Skill degradation is turned off. It's a tiny mod that doesn't touch anything else, and therefore won't cause any problems.

Megafauna mod i'm surprised you're not already using considering KKK's rampant slaughter and disregard of the native ecosystem.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1055485938

Err, Megafauna is on the mod list. Along with CE compatibility patch.

Birds and bees, this is essential mod for kalin, dunno if there's a ra3p prisoner option though :/
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=751049133

What if poor Bliblablubb ends up having a dick? Ever thought about that?

i'll test it

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
x mod is already on the list

Dangit, glanced at the mod list to make sure i wasn't proposing duplicates but still managed to pull it off anyways.

Forgot about that minor detail, I use alien races in my game with no problems but tentacle monsters might be an entirely different matter.
If the mod doesn't break anything, just assume its Bliblablubb's primary pleasure giving tentacle of friendliness?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
:what:

Tranny vegetable. Vegetrannie. Not that it would matter tho. Kalin cannot into vegetable genders anyway. Have fun writing the story next time Kalin has to rub medicine on a "tentacle" in that case... :retarded:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Searching for Grimwulf
a short CYOA

How long has it been? A month, probably? I'm sick tired of following this multiheaded dick veggie. At first it seemed like she knew where to go, but now...

We bumped into a few passing travellers and caravans, some of them saw a man of "weird behaviour and distinct aura of determination about him". That drunk-ass medieval goat herder sure has his way with words.

Anyway, "a man with a scar on his eye" was heading north along the stone road I'm currently traversing.

Ain't fun. Ain't fun at all. WHY ON EARTH AM I DOING THIS AGAIN?!

yct9ohx.jpg
Could you STOP for a fucking moment?! I haven't marched so far since the deer apocalypse!

J6YVbVa.jpg

7BAc3b7.png
*annoyed pop-pop*

yct9ohx.jpg
Don't give me that angry-eye-tentacle look. We humans need a break every now and th-- what? Why are you flailing your tentacles like that?

7BAc3b7.png
*anxious gurgling*

yct9ohx.jpg
The sun is fading? The deers are upon us?? WHAT?!

7BAc3b7.png
*PROJECTS MIND WAVES*

yct9ohx.jpg
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH, STOP IT, FUCK!!!

7BAc3b7.png
*disappointed popping*

yct9ohx.jpg
I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU!

7BAc3b7.png
*begins rapidly drawing symbols on sand using its tentacles*

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6AyGwGnIjIWQy1mWUsySk9QMmM

It's a link to a .rar archive.
Inside an archive is an image with explanation.
The image is protected by password.
No, you can't have the password. Yet.

EJ2FtYy.jpg

yct9ohx.jpg
... Nope, still don't understand shit.

7BAc3b7.png
*HATEFUL SHRIEK*

yct9ohx.jpg
*sigh* You know what, forget the break. Let's just go, so I don't have to chat with you.

A bit later.

7BAc3b7.png
*stops crawling all of a sudden*

G3Sp08E.jpg

yct9ohx.jpg
Well, I'll be fucked.

zJkWgFc.jpg

np2GijT.png
Kalin. It's been too long.

yct9ohx.jpg
I don't have time for this shiet. GIT THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY!

np2GijT.png
That's what your friend said when we found him yesterday.

yct9ohx.jpg
Grimwulf?! WHERE IS THIS BASTERD?! He owes me YUGE moneh!

np2GijT.png
Forget about Grimwulf. We have our own score to settle.

7BAc3b7.png
*CHARGING TEH LAZOR*

np2GijT.png
Calm down the beast, Kalin. My fellows will keep their distance too. It's between you and me.

yct9ohx.jpg
You've got balls. I like it.

7BAc3b7.png
*surprised gurgle*

yct9ohx.jpg
Th- that's not what I meant, dumbass. Stay away from this!

5zEUwBc.jpg

np2GijT.png
I've been watching you, Kalin. Ever since that day. *lunges*

yct9ohx.jpg
*dodges* That's charisma, baby. I'm a natural-born heartbreaker.

gu75QEC.jpg

np2GijT.png
You and I would make for a great team, don't you think?

yct9ohx.jpg
Grimwulf. Where is he?

np2GijT.png
Why cling to the past? Think of your wonderful future in my organization. Gold, women, respect - EVERYTHING you could possibly desire!

yct9ohx.jpg
I desire MY FOOOOOOOOOKIN' BONAS!!! *powerful swing hitting Zeppy's neck*

oLGQaBR.jpg

58SibuH.png
GHLH!! *grabs her throat, stepping back from Kalin*

CQ0h2KL.png
MISTRESS!!

7BAc3b7.png
*points laser at brigands threateningly*

58SibuH.png
*makes a sign for her people to stay put*

yct9ohx.jpg
Smart gurl. Now, we were talkin' about Grimw--

58SibuH.png
*sudden thrust*

yct9ohx.jpg
*dodges at the last moment*

vnKDq1X.jpg

yct9ohx.jpg
That was NOT polite!! *counter-attacks*

58SibuH.png
*blocks, makes a swing, then another, and then another*

yct9ohx.jpg
*parries every swing nimbly* ARE YOU DONE YET?!

Xf4ZLGb.jpg

7BAc3b7.png
*loud SHRIEK makes the dogs scatter and watch the battle from a distance*

58SibuH.png
*breathing heavily, blood bursting out of her throat*

yct9ohx.jpg
Still not a word? COOPERATE!!! *hits Zeppy's ankle with a blunt edge*

58SibuH.png
*falls to the ground*

mL0BcY8.jpg

yct9ohx.jpg
WHERE IS HE?!

58SibuH.png
*jump-attacks vigorously*

yct9ohx.jpg
*parries like a pro*

lCioRE1.jpg

58SibuH.png
*a desperate assault on Kalin*

yct9ohx.jpg
*hits Zeppy's sword hand*

CzAlmHX.jpg

58SibuH.png
*drops her sword*

CQ0h2KL.png
ZEPPY, NO!! *tries to step in*

7BAc3b7.png
*DISCHARGES TEH LAZOR to the ground in front of brigand*

CQ0h2KL.png
UGH! *hesitates*

yct9ohx.jpg
You've made me very, VERY angry. *strikes Zeppy brutally*

aRUlGWL.jpg

yct9ohx.jpg
*wild stab ANNIHILATING Zeppy's nose*

YDrFNms.jpg

Q4ZcsZO.png
hhhhnghhhgnhgngh

yct9ohx.jpg
RRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!! *keeps stabbing nearly breathless Zeppy again and again, mutilating her body severely*

h4WNcH5.jpg

7BAc3b7.png
*worrisome gurgle*

CQ0h2KL.png
ENOOOOOUGH! PLEASE! THIS IS ENOUGH!!!

3fO78Gb.jpg

Kalin, MAKE YOUR KEY CHOICES!

Base chance of finding Grimwulf is 50%. It means that if you DON'T COMPLETE THE CYOA 'til weekend, there is a 50/50 chance of succeeding. Your actions and decisions might increase or decrease this chance.

Completeling the CYOA in time will either lead you to Grimwulf (if you make the right KEY CHOICES), or lead you to nowhere (and thus you will begin Season 3 as the new leader)

Decision № 1: the Brigands. They are pissing their panties right now, but don't foget - there are six of them.

1. Let them go, you ain't got no time for dis.

2. Try to talk them into joining you. Maybe you can convince at least some of them? If you choose that option, throw a d6.

Let's not forget that you're NOT GREAT in diplomatic matters.

1. CRITICUL FAILUR - a battle begins!
2. They are annoyed and simply go away.
3. They are not impressed and simply go away.
4. They are slightly amused and simply go away.
5. SUCCESS - you managed to recruit a new guy for the team.
6. CRITICUL SUCCES - you managed to recruit a guy and a gal for the team.

3. Intimidate them into giving you intel on Grimwulf's fate. If you choose that option, throw a d6.

Intimidating is definitely your thing.

1. FFFUUUUUUUUUUU. No results, they attack you instead.
2. Barely anything. +5% to finding Grimwulf.
3. Limited intel. +10% to finding Grimwulf.
4. Valuable intel. +15% to finding Grimwulf.
5. Now THAT's intel! +20% to finding Grimwulf.
6. WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO! You get snazzy Zeppy's helmet, 500 silver as tribute and everything they know about Grimwulf (+30% chance to finding him)

4. I'll just attack them, coz why not?

Decision № 2: where will you go? You've been chasing Grimwulf for almost a month now, and you've never been that close. He's probably somewhere near.

ZwhGGoW.jpg

There are two likely places for him to be RIGHT NOW, both are about a day's walk from your current location.

1. People on your way here were talking about ghost village - abandoned settlement near the lake said to be ridden with ghosts and curses. Sounds like a place where Grimwulf might be enjoying himself, no? If you take this option, Zeppy's team will have plenty of time to go back to their camp and take any valuables they might have stored there.

2. Gotta go to Zeppy's camp - maybe they hold Grimwulf prisoner there? (even if they say they don't) Besides, who knows what plunder you might find there? If you choose this options, the brigands will head for abandoned village, coz they are too afraid to stand on the way of mighty Kalin. In this case you won't be able to search it later - they might get reinforcements.

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
I want to intimidate them, that's the only option that appears to boost the chance for finding Grimwulf and it's clear that we can't leave Kalin in any role higher than his place granite hewing or face hammering and expect the Kolony to thrive. Aside from that, I think Grimwulf would not be taken alive but a rather secluded and haunted patch of wasteland would be the obvious choice in which to build Kommunism so therefore let's strike out for the village.

edit: Haha I thought I was people, didn't catch that this was just for Kalin.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom