Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Know by heart - "sentimental adventure" from Ice-Pick Lodge

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
This game looks even more desperate and depressing than Pathologic.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Well, I've played it yesterday and it's kinda cute. Good music, mediocre VO. Some influence of Inside and To The Moon.

There is that feel of weirdness you can feel in Pathologic, but the overall tonality is much lighter.

toughasnails

Grit you teeth and think of BROchelor guys. It shouldn't hurt too much.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It looks interesting for what it is, a short and relaxing story-heavy game. I will probably play it for that Eastern European small city atmosphere, if for nothing else.

I like the minimalistic artistic style and the music is really nice. But I found the American accents in the trailer quite jarring (e.g. in the beginning some of them are heavily American sounding), I think they should have used native Russian speakers instead with noticeable English accents, like in the TV series Chernobyl. If I'll pick this up, I'll definitely play it with Russian audio and English subs.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have this in my cart but I dunno... I'd rather support IPL by them selling the Pathologic board game again and me buying it then this.. I'd even like to play this game some day but the price seems a little high so I think I'll wait for a decent sale.. I just dunno man...

Even if this sells a million copies we still ain't getting Dankovsky

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
played this, it was surprisingly good and the ending makes me really sad. it's not an opus in the same vein of pathologic or the void, but definitely one of the better walking sim out there, definitely has the touch of ice pick lodge.

the genius of the game is, if you're invested enough, only the players are truly sad about the ending. the game cleverly feed various memories of the characters and their bonds, even with rocky adulthood are written pretty well, so when the amnesia pandemic hits, well everyone just forgets. no pain, maybe some semblance of dejavu upon meeting their old friends and family but the one who remembers everything is the player, who in that context has the most to lose.

also funny asya think me as a stalker, it really break my heart because it makes me think about my loved ones too, and the exact thing would probably happen with if mass amnesia ever happened. in the end, i chose to leave town.

also if you play this, do yourself a favor and turn on russian voices. much better and authentic. also

was kinda hoping for "power of friendship" kind of ending, but of course, this is a russian media. if this was a western made story, power of friendship would probably be the ending.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

In this report for White Nights, Ayrat Zakirov, the technical director of Ice-Pick Lodge and the creator of Know by heart... will tell the audience how a work of art is built from the techie’s point of view and why journalists called his last release a “therapeutic game”.

wishbonetail

Learned
Somehow I knew this will be an indie game without textures before clicking the thread.

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I missed this game completely, didn't realize they did anything past Pathologic 2 until now. Gotta try this out. However, I have a feeling that they are completely burned out with their artistic and gaming ideas after Pathologic and The Void. Pathologic was in 2005 and The Void in 2008/9? After that there were basically only small and mediocre games (Cargo! and Knock-Knock) as well as just a remake, and not even a finished one. So I don't have high expectations.

But what happened to them? To release two amazing games and then nothing worthwhile? Did some key figure leave their team?

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
But what happened to them? To release two amazing games and then nothing worthwhile? Did some key figure leave their team?
Moved on to other things? Grew older?

Many, or maybe even most, people do their best work before the age of 30. After that, it's statistically rarer, but there are always exceptions, of course. And experience can make up for other stuff that you've lost due to aging, no doubt.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Eh, at least they could make a The Void remake/remaster. Wouldn't mind ladies having better meshes, textures and um... better animations that have proper physics on the entire body.

Konjad

Patron
dybowski got imprisoned for pedophilia
I didn't follow closely but from what I remember
- He got accused of paedophilia by 15 yo because he rejected her
- Dybowski says that if you have legit accusations, involve a lawyer
- Oopsie, all accusations online disappear, it is a mystery why!

As I said I didn't follow closely but I looked now if he was arrested and didn't find anything.

So unless you can link a source, stop slandering people, you shitposting retard.

Well... that actually makes me want to not even touch his games :negative:
Then don't buy any games because it seems everybody known gets accused nowadays, including 'dex belowed MCA.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Then don't buy any games because it seems everybody known gets accused nowadays, including 'dex belowed MCA.
Needs more hyperbole, over-generalisation and exaggeration—is this the best you got? Work harder, mate! Yeah, I'm sure 99% of game devs are accused of pedophilia, ok...

Dunno about you guys, but I have no love for pedophiles.

Konjad

Patron
Needs more hyperbole, over-generalisation and exaggeration—is this the best you got? Work harder, mate! Yeah, I'm sure 99% of game devs are accused of pedophilia, ok...

OK, so care to link that source that proves Dybowski is a paedophile, because I couldn't find it.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

OK, so care to link that source that proves Dybowski is a paedophile, because I couldn't find it.
I've done a 5-minute "investigation", there's cause for concern as I see it. At the very least he's a very questionable individual... I'll let you research if you care, that's enough for me :shrug:

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I didn't follow closely but from what I remember
- He got accused of paedophilia by 15 yo because he rejected her
- Dybowski says that if you have legit accusations, involve a lawyer
- Oopsie, all accusations online disappear, it is a mystery why!

As I said I didn't follow closely but I looked now if he was arrested and didn't find anything.

So unless you can link a source, stop slandering people, you shitposting retard.

Well... that actually makes me want to not even touch his games :negative:
I will slander him to the point of imprisonment on account of him being r*ssian and st*ryfag

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom