Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Know by heart - "sentimental adventure" from Ice-Pick Lodge

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This is not the artstyle I expected for Pathologic minus plague.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jinn

Arcane
I'm torn: the game doesn't look at all like something I'd want to play, but I want to support Ice-Pick. I never thought one of the most aesthetically interesting studios I've seen would release a game with this terrible minimalist, anti-art style that has been plaguing games for the last 10 years.

It also appears like it'll be one of those 4 hour walking sims stitched together by narrative. I don't know, man. I know the studio has fragmented and people are working on their own projects, but this just doesn't seem like it's going to do well. Hopefully I'm wrong and surprised by its quality.

ADL

Prophet
Fuck it, I'll buy it in hopes that we'll get the other playthroughs and this is just a temporary measure to get the money to make them. They've earned my trust and money over the years.

prengle

Savant
I'm torn: the game doesn't look at all like something I'd want to play, but I want to support Ice-Pick. I never thought one of the most aesthetically interesting studios I've seen would release a game with this terrible minimalist, anti-art style that has been plaguing games for the last 10 years.

It also appears like it'll be one of those 4 hour walking sims stitched together by narrative. I don't know, man. I know the studio has fragmented and people are working on their own projects, but this just doesn't seem like it's going to do well. Hopefully I'm wrong and surprised by its quality.
lol this is ayrat zakirov's pet project (ayrat has been with the studio for like two decades now or something) and also this was announced along with nemo soda's game months ago so i don't know why people are suddenly surprised. they probably could have done a better job of communicating that these are side projects with the ipl label but communication has never been their forte

i still don't know what to think about it, i am by no means a fan of flat/minimalist art either but i like what he's done by making a lot of structural elements look crooked and wonky, that in particular is kinda cute i guess... i do not want to think about 2021 atm however and would rather rock back and forth in my hole instead

Jinn

Arcane
lol this is ayrat zakirov's pet project (ayrat has been with the studio for like two decades now or something) and also this was announced along with nemo soda's game months ago so i don't know why people are suddenly surprised.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not surprised to see the project. I think I saw the little title card with a bit of art sample in the announcement earlier in the year. Just seeing it in motion.... I just wish things weren't so bad for Ice-Pick. I'd like to see at least a couple more projects of the same caliber as Pathologic 1 and 2, and Tension (The Void) in my lifetime, as they are truly works of art.

This is, well, a pet project made I'm assuming with limited staffing and resources. Which is fine, but not what at all what I want to see coming from the studio. Let's just say I wasn't happy about the announcement earlier in the year and this has done nothing to change my attitude on it. I'll probably get it anyway if it's reasonably priced, and hell, maybe it'll change my mind. I'm happy to at least give it a shot.

v1rus

Arcane
I'm fucking hyped for this game. So fuckng hyped, I decided to finally finish Void and play Knock/Knock and Cargo.

Now, is Dyboswski the lead for this one? If so, then I'm def hyped. And, if its the guy i dont now - im still pretty hyped, just not that much. Awesome theme and idea, visuals looked lovely (yeah sure, this shtick can get disgusting when overused and in wrong games, which doesnt really mean anything. In this trailer, it loos like its gonna work out perfectly. Well see. Also -

"
Game mechanics representing thoughts and memories of the protagonist
A collection of evocative mini-games
"

Id say theres only one studio on earth who can make a game out of that. And studio is Icepick.

So yeah. Im really, really, really hopeful this game is gonna be good. And if it isnt, then its going to be a gorgeous "worth a shot" experiment.

prengle

Savant
Now, is Dyboswski the lead for this one? If so, then I'm def hyped
lol this is ayrat zakirov's pet project
read grognards, read!
I just wish things weren't so bad for Ice-Pick. I'd like to see at least a couple more projects of the same caliber as Pathologic 1 and 2, and Tension (The Void) in my lifetime, as they are truly works of art
judging by how prolonged and stressful p2's development cycle has been i would be fucking shocked if we saw another game from ipl on that scale in the next decade, and i would be amazed if nikolay or any of the core ipl members who are still part of the studio actually wanted to work on another project that big. i have no fucking clue what's happening there internally atm but that's the way the cookie crumbles in this industry and it absolutely fucking sucks i hate the future so goddamn much

Murk

Arcane
Well this is... tragic. I hadn't kept up with IPL news at all and was under the impression they were just taking their time working on the additional campaigns for Pathologic 2.

Fuck me.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Childhood friends reunite after spending a long time apart, revisiting old memories and rekindling their friendship. However, something beyond their control will ruin this reunion.
However, something beyond their control will ruin this reunion.
ruin this reunion.
ruin

:evilcodex:

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

This 100%. Not a fan of the art style and game concept, but you cannot want to support the studio that gave us gems like this

Their bio-horror mobile game looks really interesting tho

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
IPL did an online Q&A stream with the Know By Heart team. The release date is 10 February of 2022.

Despite being the first new content in 90 days (!), no word was said about the Bachelor campaign :dealwithit:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Untitled.png

did my part, NOW GIB DANIIL DANKOVSKY

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom