Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Going strong :) Can't wait and pledged £65. I have a feeling they held back with some tiers to fill them in later, e.g., I am pretty sure that there will be Act 1+2+3 later for around 60 plus some goodies (digital).

Qustion worth asking: How are they going to approach witchcraft, herbalism and superstition subject? By this I mean, whether there will be some mental stat that would allow you to impose some "effects" on the person, like if you have high enough charisma/alchemy skill for example? No magic of course, but those "unexplainable miracles" etc. More like illusions evoked on superstition-prone character or placebo effect... I am thinking a bit in the direction of "Black Death" movie maybe?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How are they going to approach witchcraft
Dunno, man...
aVyqg6K.jpg

kris

Arcane
Just finishing up some interview-questions. You guys want to know anything special?

What is planned with the other acts. New areas or just new quests?

Are battles scripted and quest based?

Will they have serious injuries included, ones that require doctor/special care?

The Great Deceiver

Trickster
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Not set during the Hussite Wars?

Vavra, I am disappoint.

:rpgcodex:
The Pre-Hussite Wars time period in Bohemia was a complete clusterfuck so no worries there, plenty of conflict to be had. During 1403 the king was jailed by his own brother who than pillaged the country with his Hungarian armies. Fun.

Oh, it is. But you've got to admit that a Hussite Wagenburg would've been a glorious sight. Then there's various factions (Adamites are decidedly Codexian) and the inevitable in-fighting and backstabbing - sounds like a perfect backdrop for this kind of game.

Perhaps they wished to avoid tackling the various religious themes?

evdk

Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

SophosTheWise

Cipher
Just finishing up some interview-questions. You guys want to know anything special?

What is planned with the other acts. New areas or just new quests?

Are battles scripted and quest based?

Will they have serious injuries included, ones that require doctor/special care?

Too late, sorry. I didn't ask about the new areas, but I asked how they are planning to implement big battles and sieges, both mechanically and from a questing perspective. Hope that helps.
Now I hope Dan responds. Guess they're quite busy now.

Edit: From the Warhorse Facebook page:

People ask about Acts, so here is some explanation: Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Act I, as it is planned, is a full scale, stand-alone game. It has 30+ hours of gameplay, complete open world map, all quests and closed story line. Most (if not all) game mechanics described above will be included: horse riding, combat, castle sieges, there will be at least one large-scale battle. Acts II & III extend the story, add new environment in separate maps, new quests, gear and weapons. They will also add new quests to the map of Act I. It will be possible to travel between maps of all Acts, some quests will require you to visit all of them.

We definitely intend to make Acts II & III and release them as soon as possible. However, our funding and schedule does not reach past first Act. We will finalize our plans for the release of Acts II & III when we get closer to the release date of Act I. For these reasons we don’t want to offer and promise them as a Kickstarter reward in their own right. We want to use them as a token of our gratitude to higher tiers backers, but you should think about it more like 100% discount offer than a guaranteed reward.

Last edited:

Baron

Arcane
Holy shit... Kingdom Come, which asked for £300,000, is trending towards £4,446,000. It's already at 49% of target with 28 days to go. Not sure they need their rich backer anymore; or maybe the guy, who wanted to test the public's reaction will go balls deep now.

Am expecting to see an announcement for a higher tier for backers: £5 million- 'Dungeons. No Dragons. Now with Dragons!!!'

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance/

evdk

Patron
Holy shit... Kingdom Come, which asked for £300,000, is trending towards £4,446,000. It's already at 49% of target with 28 days to go. Not sure they need their rich backer anymore; or maybe the guy, who wanted to test the public's reaction will go balls deep now.

Am expecting to see an announcement for a higher tier for backers: £5 million- 'Dungeons. No Dragons. Now with Dragons!!!'

Of course. It is a well known historical fact that Žižka lost sacrificed his eye in a magical ritual to gain knowledge and that the battle of Vítkov was decided by the Hussite priests summoning a three headed dragon sleeping under the Blaník mountain who then proceeded to devour the Crusaders.

Last edited:

Baron

Arcane
Thank Christ for that. Large scale battles are boring as batshit without a beholder's rays cutting swathes through my ranks or an ettin stomping historical Czechs into the ground. They can have a little checkbox labelled 'Fun' that historically accurate gamers can click off as they please.

Open mod tools. Import Prosperian horror. Scale 500%. Release to enjoyment starved gaming public.

himmy

Arcane

It will probably end up getting something between 600,000 and 900,000.

SophosTheWise

Cipher

I wouldn't get too excited. Of course, everything is possible, but still, those trends are linear, while actual kickstarter contributions are not.

Baron

Arcane
http://i.imgur.com/aVyqg6K.jpg

Has there been any official confirmation that some of these filthy peasants will be wearing their coloured jester outfits with the cap in its upright position like God Himself intended?

Edit - no wait, one actually is wearing his in the front row. Good to see. They should be offering giant coloured pointed caps in the Kickstarter collector's editions, not generic shitty t-shirts or commemorative coins.

Witiko

Educated
I wouldn't get too excited. Of course, everything is possible, but still, those trends are linear, while actual kickstarter contributions are not.
Interestingly enough, the contributions still closely follow the linear curve. Can't last forever, but the longer the merrier.

I would love to hear the game in the original Czech with English subtitles.
That would be both an immersive and financially viable solution. Can't wait to see what their plans are with regards to that.

Last edited:

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Pledged at Baron level, let's see how far we can ramp this up.
Any info yet on when they plan to release the Alpha? I want to try out those swordfighting mechanics myself.

The story seems to be Witcher-like with a fixed narrative, but branching on your choices.
And only 2 sieges? Hope they don't forget to put some toys in that sandbox...

Baron

Arcane
Multi-headed dick monsters, everywhere. EVERYWHERE!

That could not, in any way, harm this game (which I readily admit does show considerable promise). Incidentally, I always felt the Codex needed to rally its Workshop and have a stronger presence in the worldwide modding community, and multi-headed dick monsters in Project Eternity would certainly be a start. I tried pre-Skyrim to get people interested but people only like the thought of modding games that people stopped playing back in 1987; besides they were too busy at the time playing Skyrim, like myself.

Still, I must admit, whilst looking at that crowd of historically accurate wretched peasants, my own enjoyment of the game will not be complete until I see a glowing Tron frisbee stuck to each and every NPC's back and the glorious Tron Legacy soundtrack replacing whatever four stringed instrumentalist that whimsically accompanies Jarl Frank on his flute.

SophosTheWise

Cipher
From the RPS article, I think it has been buried here. About combat:

“Combat is calculated entirely with inverse kinematics, so it’s not even animated,” boasted Vávra. “It’s all procedural. On non-flat surfaces – say, stairs or something – we don’t need to do special animations. If characters are on something or hit something, then everything is calculated. You have a move, the move has its rules and its look, and then the game calculates what happens.”

“For example, if you are next to a wall and you swing toward the wall, your sword will slide off the wall, slow down, and the impact will be less when you finally make contact with your enemy.”

You can aim at individual parts of individual limbs, too. Blows can connect in up to 18 different locations, all of which are worthy of the most anguished “ouchies!” you’ll ever hear.

“Armor can be damaged,” Vávra noted, offering an example. “So if you hit a guy in the arm again and again and again, you will damage his armor so much that you will start to deplete his health or hopefully cut off the arm. But we’re still trying to figure out if the latter is technically possible due to physics systems and our multi-layered armor.”

“But we do want to have healing to individual parts. If you get hit in the hand, you’ll have to apply bandages there. Or if you get a leg injury, you’ll probably be worse in combat. You’ll be slower and stuff. If your head is injured, you’ll have blurry vision. Those kinds of things.”

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Worst case scenario, they should implement dismemberment on precise killing blows.

There's just not enough gore in games nowadays. What happened to the world?

veryalien

Educated
Patron
Codex 2014
Would love to back but the episodic releases make me less inclined. Especially since it's a year+ before "act 1" and that's all we'd get at the lower tiers.

I'll wait for Steam Early Access.

EDIT:

Also "patient" private investor makes me nervous. If he walks away then what?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Episodic doesn't bother me at all. It's just going to be three games on the same engine with a threaded storyline. Maybe calling it "Act I" is a little unfortunate, since it does imply an incomplete experience ... but if they just called it Kingdom Come: Deliverance and made a 30 hour game with a great story, no one would have cause to complain. What's in a name?

veryalien

Educated
Patron
Codex 2014
Episodic doesn't bother me at all. It's just going to be three games on the same engine with a threaded storyline. Maybe calling it "Act I" is a little unfortunate, since it does imply an incomplete experience ... but if they just called it Kingdom Come: Deliverance and made a 30 hour game with a great story, no one would have cause to complain. What's in a name?

With the way Kickstarters have been going a reward of "act 1" with no real indication on what that entails is pretty vague.

I'll just wait until a Steam sale some years from now and pick up the whole thing on the cheap and enjoy a complete experience. Save myself the aggravation of feeling like I've been cheated.

Hey, maybe your tolerance is higher. I've just been burned too much.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
With the way Kickstarters have been going a reward of "act 1" with no real indication on what that entails is pretty vague.
Sure, but when they explicitly say that Act I will be a full 30-hour game on its own, that's more ... explicit. Even if there never is an Act II or III, this still looks like a good deal to me.

I'll just wait until a Steam sale some years from now and pick up the whole thing on the cheap and enjoy a complete experience. Save myself the aggravation of feeling like I've been cheated.
Hey, maybe your tolerance is higher. I've just been burned too much.
Fair enough :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom