Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Just started KOTOR II, kinda boring

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Shadenuat

Arcane
That's the bounty hunter chick? Easily the worst character
She's incredibly annoying with her plot-devices, but when you run her in party her laidback attitude makes for a more relaxed playthrough. She's probably the only one who would crack a joke and not take some events too seriously, while even Atton would act in his regular mood.

She's built like crap as a char sadly. But that's true for half of companions.
Mandalor has an implant that can improve his DEX for more AC/reflexes, yet he wears unremoveable heavy armor that caps DEX bonus. What's up with that.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
She's built like crap as a char sadly.

Mmm, that's really wrong. Her base scout class is rather great (because, by level 20, you gain the majority of important shooting feats for free + enough optional feats to check out the rest of them) and she needs just 2 levels of jedi to gain master speed & become an enemy killing machine with 2x mandalorian disentigrators. Properly upgraded, of course, but it's not like lightsabers deal decent damage without upgrades & good crystals. The only npcs who can outdo her in the damage dealing department is Atton (only if you use mass disabling powers) and Kreia (if you train her force lightning or force wave and spam it constantly).

Shadenuat

Arcane
I mostly meant the unique abilities, all those special rockets and darts, and how if you get her at a wrong time her quest turns into real madness as you run from murdering wookie while trying to do something to him with a heavy blaster, and then you also have half an enemy base to slaughter.
Ofc if you dual her into jedi at right moment and give her endgame-tier shit she can cut some, even GOTO probably can kill mobs with 2 fully stocked blasters.

Pope Amole II

Developer
Unless RP did something to Hanharr, he was rather easy to kill in my last playthrough. I guess you're screwed if you don't have any kind of decent blaster weapon in your inventory, but usually you have tons of crap lying around (with zero reason to actually sell it) so it shouldn't be a problem.

As for the base part - it all depends on how far your last save is. If you save in different slots (and, generally, in rpgs you absolutely must save in different slots), the easiest solution would be to reload and rebuild her character (because she always has tons of level-ups when you include her) with the stealth & demolish skills maxed out (demolish to open the doors, just that). Afterwards, you just sneak past the enemies to the exit and that's it.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Last time I played I wanted to make her full jedi, so I killed Hanharr without leveling up and then ran/savescummed through base using energy shields. I really hate all these forced jumps between characters.

Harold

Arcane
I never understood why people insisted on holding off companions' leveling to make them more 'full jedi'. Both Mira and Atton are far more powerful as pistol slingers with some force powers tacked at the end. Kreia even tells you lightsabers are waaay overrated and she's right.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I never understood why people insisted on holding off companions' leveling to make them more 'full jedi'. Both Mira and Atton are far more powerful as pistol slingers with some force powers tacked at the end. Kreia even tells you lightsabers are waaay overrated and she's right.

Having the npc's become jedi's was a retarded idea in the first place.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Blasters are so uncivilized.

Pope Amole II

Developer
Eh, all your puny mechanical baubles are shit. Real men just force-fuck everything that moves around.

Perkel

Arcane
first part of game is boring but later when you meet interesting characters it really is interesting.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Isn't it strange how similar the last encounter is to the end of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Isn't it strange how similar the last encounter is to the end of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater?
Unfortunately KOTOR2 is so easy from a point on that all boss fights end in less than a minute (some last mere seconds), including the one with Kreia. MGS3 had a nice, meaty end-fight that got me sweating to win it.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I meant more the whole "raised you, now kill me" kind of deal.
Ah well, no KOTOR 3 by Obsidian for us.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom